Mount Hyjal and Black Temple Raid Information

Calendar

If I may make a suggestion regarding Phase III of Reliquary (Essence of Anger)...

It'd probably be better if I handle the floating stone face o'death during this phase. Why?

Soul Scream causes 0.5 damage for every point of mana burned, right? With Holy's current mana pool (and Arcane Brilliance turned off), she's got 5700+...pretty average for a tankadin in T6 content who is usually capped at 6000ish.

So that's roughly 2850 shadow damage right there if my math is correct, which will be made even more trivial if I burn through my pool via tanking spells. If anything, all I gotta worry about is the initial Shadow cone damage and crushing blows.

And how is aggro handled on my end? Seethe, nubcookies!

1. Cal or Orcala gain initial aggro. I taunt off, and gain Seethe via the monster switching targets. DPS holds off until...

2. ...cooldowns aplenty are blown on my end (wings, Avenger's Shield, JC trinket for burst damage, and constant Judgement spam to drain my mana on purpose, casting Righteous Fury if critical heals give me too much due to Spiritual Attunement). Holy moves him into position. Count to 3 seconds or so in order for Holy to build up massive aggro & finish using her cooldowns.

3. If done properly, I should have well over 10k+ threat built up with all the opening burst damage being tossed post-taunt and Righteous Fury remaining active (+90% threat from spells). DPS can basically flip out.

There's a giant wall of theorycrafting related to this idea here: http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintankadin...p?p=33420#33420

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As much as I think its possible, Im not as keen about doing the switch at the beginning of P3. I think we can be controlled enough to not steal Cal's aggro, and I would rather not have to worry about the 200% threat generated by everyone, especially now that our casters are even more threat-capped with the addition of two great SP's.

For now, lets stick with Cal in P3. If we have problem, or just completely destroy it, we can try it out for fun later.

- Bar

As much as I think its possible, Im not as keen about doing the switch at the beginning of P3. I think we can be controlled enough to not steal Cal's aggro, and I would rather not have to worry about the 200% threat generated by everyone, especially now that our casters are even more threat-capped with the addition of two great SP's.

For now, lets stick with Cal in P3. If we have problem, or just completely destroy it, we can try it out for fun later.

- Bar

It's not the casters you have to worry about...

Mwahahaha....

<hugs FD>

Douches

K

Found a nice little YouTube movie about the Gurtogg fight.

Gurtogg Bloodboil-Positioning

Its pleasant on the eyes because it is not being played back at super fast forward speed, and the person explaining the fight speaks clearly and concisely. Their raid kind of has a different positioning then we are using, kind of backwards from us but the strategy is the same.

And for RoS I found this one wasn't bad either. Its played in normal speed but the explanations are in text.

Hey all, I won't be able to make it next Thursday (8/7) since my co-workers want me to go bowling with 'em. I'm sure we will get all the bosses up to bloodboil down on Tuesday again though Happy Birthday!

FFfredbowl1-720646.jpg

Edited by Orcala

LOVE!

I made tit to portland safe and sound, just moved into my apartment and still job searching :)

miss you all and good luck progressing!

-Harne

p.s. I can't believe you noobs have not killed archi yet! ;)

LOVE!

I made tit to portland safe and sound, just moved into my apartment and still job searching :)

-Harne

Best. Typo. Ever.

Glad to see you're safe Harne! Drop in on TS every now & then to balance out the hate.

LOVE!

-Harne

By "tit" he means the pair on the girl he has locked in his basement.

luck is for losers.

douche.

K

F*ck you Troll'ock!

and the "tit" was not a typo :)

And i might be joining you all on thurs, so save your hate on tues, build it up, you'll need it!

Found a nice little YouTube movie about the Gurtogg fight.

Gurtogg Bloodboil-Positioning

One thing I noticed in watching this movie, she talked about having certain healers assigned for big heals and others for fast ones and HoT's. I wonder if this is something we should do, I noticed in my combat log Tuesday when I died I had a bunch of HoT's and small heals but nothing big.

I know I know jr raidleader blah, but thought I would bring it up here instead of during raid ;)

This is for FelRage btw

Edited by Remm

Hey Remm,

I had picked up on that tactic as well from the video. I told Uglutz about it but unfortunately I think my tells might have gotten lost in a sea of useless raid chatter. It's up to the healers to try and figure out the tactic that works best for them.

Also with regards to Jr RaidLeaders, this is only applicable in TS and raid chat. I really appreciate it when our raiders come up with new strategies/tactics in their off time and post it on forums. Proves to me that ppl are doing their homework and are finding ways to contribute to the raid progress.

Last point...unfortunately I will not be able to attend tonight's raid. Seems like RL has a way of spontaneously creeping up on me. I have to deal with stuff at work and at home. I'll let Baracko decide what's best for the raid in this case (either more Bloodboil practice or Hyjal).

Cal

Hey Remm,

I had picked up on that tactic as well from the video. I told Uglutz about it but unfortunately I think my tells might have gotten lost in a sea of useless raid chatter. It's up to the healers to try and figure out the tactic that works best for them.

Also with regards to Jr RaidLeaders, this is only applicable in TS and raid chat. I really appreciate it when our raiders come up with new strategies/tactics in their off time and post it on forums. Proves to me that ppl are doing their homework and are finding ways to contribute to the raid progress.

Last point...unfortunately I will not be able to attend tonight's raid. Seems like RL has a way of spontaneously creeping up on me. I have to deal with stuff at work and at home. I'll let Baracko decide what's best for the raid in this case (either more Bloodboil practice or Hyjal).

Cal

Well, since you asked..

1. Not really in love with the positioning between the waterfalls. The size of the area stinks because the width equals the length. It makes the spread out more difficult, and there is a risk of some folks spreading out past the range of the last BB group. The tactics say that the waterfall method is an alternate method-maybe we should try tanking on the ramp.

2. Would it be beneficial to have the groups re-arranged to have each of the BB folks in one group?

3. If the BB group healers focus on the BB group ticks, do we have enuff healing left to keep the FR target up? As the tick disappears, the healers focus on the FR target.

4. Can a brother get a salv? I dps 60 secs for P1 and 30 secs for P2. If he resists FD, my dps =0. Since this fight is very dependant on tank juggling and staying under 3 tanks in threat, salv is a must. And don't forget-"insignificance" can be resisted.

5. DPS classes should use consumables that increase survivability, not necessarily dps stats.

6. Call out m.d. targets when needed.

7. Spread out before the 5th bloodboil hits. He always does a fel rage after the 5th bloodboil no matter what the timer says. Designate spots for ppl to go to each time-make it douche-proof.

My $ 0.02

K

4. Can a brother get a salv? I dps 60 secs for P1 and 30 secs for P2. If he resists FD, my dps =0. Since this fight is very dependant on tank juggling and staying under 3 tanks in threat, salv is a must. And don't forget-"insignificance" can be resisted.

Only if your name is Eigun, and you ask after everyone has been buffed and ready to go. ;)

In all seriousness, if anyone needs pally buff changes, please ask me... preferably during the trash before the boss, or as soon as you notice you don't have the right one (in case I forget to change, I am senile!). Also, if you could tell me which buff you want it to replace, that would be helpful as well, since the person assigned to the buff that you're replacing will likely be the one to give you the new one... just to keep me from going insane on keeping it all straight. IE: You want Salv in place of Might or whatever.

-Kadi

Your friendly neighborhood Pally Buff Coordinator.

The disadvantage to salvation for us hunters for bloodboil is that it nerfs our misdirects, as well as damage after the first bit. sure, with salvation you can open up on him sooner, but after the first insignificance (unless you get 3 FD resists in a row, which is rare) the tanks should have a big enough lead for you to go full out with full DPS buffs, leading to more DPS than what you would have with salvation. From my reading there is only 1 boss in the game currently where it is advantageous for hunters to have salvation, and that is for Reliquary.

One thing I noticed in watching this movie, she talked about having certain healers assigned for big heals and others for fast ones and HoT's. I wonder if this is something we should do, I noticed in my combat log Tuesday when I died I had a bunch of HoT's and small heals but nothing big.

I know I know jr raidleader blah, but thought I would bring it up here instead of during raid

*chuckles* Please don't take the whole Jr. Raidlead thing too seriously. Our goal is to not have 8 people all shouting out "tips" in raid chat or TS, as Cal mentioned. It can get rather confusing. This thread is where the conversation should be happening!

Ill address your recomendations after the next quote.

Well, since you asked..

1. Not really in love with the positioning between the waterfalls. The size of the area stinks because the width equals the length. It makes the spread out more difficult, and there is a risk of some folks spreading out past the range of the last BB group. The tactics say that the waterfall method is an alternate method-maybe we should try tanking on the ramp.

2. Would it be beneficial to have the groups re-arranged to have each of the BB folks in one group?

3. If the BB group healers focus on the BB group ticks, do we have enuff healing left to keep the FR target up? As the tick disappears, the healers focus on the FR target.

5. DPS classes should use consumables that increase survivability, not necessarily dps stats.

6. Call out m.d. targets when needed.

7. Spread out before the 5th bloodboil hits. He always does a fel rage after the 5th bloodboil no matter what the timer says. Designate spots for ppl to go to each time-make it douche-proof.

My $ 0.02

K

After talking with Cal, here is what we're going to do:

First off, Karrock is a douche... Eigun told me so. ;p

Second, you're right on line with some changes that are already in the pipe (*coughs* if Cal hadnt left us this evening *coughs*).

Here are things to come you should be aware of:

1. Remmetta is right.. we need to change the healing assignments a bit. Uglutz and I have already talked about it, and Ill be posting those shortly.

2. We will be spreading when the 5 BB hits, and Ill be calling it. *** Please remember that when you spread, you must not move backwards, or you screw the second BB group. ***

3. Other than possibly the intitial pull, please dont use MD until there is a tank switch. When you hear a tank switch called and who, MD that person immediately. Ill leave it to you two hunters to determine who goes first.

4. We'll be setting up a static set of spots to spread out to. That will be addressed tonight. There will be NO drawing.

5. Unless you are melee or a tanky type, you should be right on the clump, no questions asked. Perf, Hunters, that means you.

Here are suggestions we're not going to use and why:

1. We're staying where we are positioned for now. I see your point Karrock, but the ramp is narrower and longer, and Cal and I dont think it will change all that much.

2. DPS should be focusing on dps, not necessarily survivability. We are way-overgeared compared to most that start killing this fool. This fight is all about positioning and timing ( as is RoS). Its an idiot check. Move to where you're supposed to be when you are supposed to, and this wont be a problem. DPS evenly during P1 and blow his mind during P2.

3. Its almost impossible to make the timing douche-proof on the speadout.

4. It has been suggested by Kailand and others many times to have each BB group delegated in their own raid group. However, unless we totally change the group layout up, this will significantly hinder mana-efficiency. That being said, we're leaving things as they are at this time group-wise. The new healing priorities should handle it **as long as people move to where they're supposed to be **

THE PLAN FOR TONIGHT:

We are losing: Orcala, Cal, and Rahgesh this evening.

We will be graced by Harne's presence, and I havent decided on another offtank yet. Im going to try to find another caster as well.... Im hoping to bring Kelivus.

That being said, with three replacements, esp at key roles, we are going to Hyjal to down four bosses and farm HoD's. When we're done, we're going to quickly figure out static spreading positions (that sounded dirty >;p), and practice the movements before calling it a night.

Make it a wipe-free night and we can go to bed early. RAWR!

- Bar

Edited by Baracko

I tell yah.... If we can get everyone here for a few weeks and get RoS down, Id be all for going back to Archi as we finish farming Hearts.

Somehow, I doubt Cal would argue, either.

Everyone has to be here, though...