Mount Hyjal and Black Temple Raid Information

Calendar

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This goes for this post, what Enshadowed did, what BotB did, who downed what when, whatever.

/not my raid

/not my concern

/ignore

Our goal is for us - THIS raid, THESE people - to down Illidan.

I think he was just trying to give me a hard time, Eigun. No worries.

The only thing we are racing at this point is the release date. I only mention folks as motivation, nothing more.

Edited by Baracko

This goes for this post, what Enshadowed did, what BotB did, who downed what when, whatever.

/not my raid

/not my concern

/ignore

Our goal is for us - THIS raid, THESE people - to down Illidan.

Epic fail. Thanks for playing douche-here are some parting gifts.

/mind your own business

/don't be so much of a douche

/that is all

/K

New Healing Assignments for BB:

FR Target: Kadiana, Taiden, Markenhoof, Eigun (put hots one FR and MT/OT’s)

Priests: CoH during FR till your group is safe., then switch to FR Target.

Shaman:

Baracko – FR Target / Raid heal.

Uglutz – warlock group / Raid heal.

Kalea – FR Target

These may be subject to change.

I've been thinking a lot about healing assignments and what not during this fight. I really think these changes will help us if we stick to them. This is a hard ass fight to learn. We'll get it though!

Okay, groupings have changed for the Gurtogg Bloodboil fight.

The new setup can be found by clicking on this link --> GROUPS

The healing assignments will stay the same.

A few notes:

1. When the FR target is chosen, Tiz and Remm will cast a big heal before CoH'ing their groups.

2. Kalea will immediately heal the FR target CH style.

3. Kadi, Taiden, Marken, and Eigun will immediately heal the FR target.

4. *** Ug, Bar, Tiz and Remm should be able to handle the raid healing. If you are not one of those 4 direct heals to the FR target ONLY!

Lets get this ###### down.

- Bar

Just so everyone is aware-if/when someone in one of the BB groups die, they must be replaced or the BB debuffs get screwed up (I am assuming one of the melee folks can do this). When spreading out occurs, people have to be careful not to spread out past the last BB group.

K

I thought this macro might be helpful for the healers to get on the FR target faster

/target Gurtogg Bloodboil

/assist Gurtogg Bloodboil

/cast (your heal here)

I thought this macro might be helpful for the healers to get on the FR target faster

/target Gurtogg Bloodboil

/assist Gurtogg Bloodboil

/cast (your heal here)

I just hit the f key twice.

Ok, since Cal seems so distracted lately with the thought of mercilessly destroying toddlers, I thought I'd help the entire raid and finally clear up all those nagging questions he has while not holding aggro against the warlocks

How to fight 20 children

so there you go cal, a number, and technique, to satisfy all your baby-punching desires

Ok, since Cal seems so distracted lately with the thought of mercilessly destroying toddlers, I thought I'd help the entire raid and finally clear up all those nagging questions he has while not holding aggro against the warlocks

How to fight 20 children

so there you go cal, a number, and technique, to satisfy all your baby-punching desires

That article was.. different.

How about this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUVmZnZo1go

Edited by Orcala

Hey there, everyone!

A coupla things for this week:

1. Read up one more time on RoS PHASE 3 and start reading on Mother Sharaz.

2. Lets keep the interrupts to the rogues/shaman/casters. Druids wont need to try. I want to make sure that the people that are supposed to be performing this role are doing their job. Therefore, Elrikk/Nazdregg/Baracko are primary with the casters being backup.

3. #2 being said, EVERYONE who is even THINKING about interrupting something in the RoS fight needs to download the following mod: Deadener. Thanks to Maubers for the tip.

We have one or two replacements this week due to important stuff. Lets try to get Bloodboil down on Tuesday so we can pwn RoS and start working on Mother.

- Bar

3. #2 being said, EVERYONE who is even THINKING about interrupting something in the RoS fight needs to download the following mod: Deadener. Thanks to Maubers for the tip.

I'll grab it since my PvP gloves let me interrupt, thanks Harne :dancing_smile:

Since we WILL be downing RoS this week, everyone needs to download the following mod to make Mother Sharaz easier:

Easymother

Ill be posting the strategy sometime in the next 24 hours to help everyone learn.

Make sure you have this mod!

Since we WILL be downing RoS this week, everyone needs to download the following mod to make Mother Sharaz easier:

Easymother

Ill be posting the strategy sometime in the next 24 hours to help everyone learn.

Make sure you have this mod!

Hey-don't make fun of Harne's mom-she's a sweet lady...

K

Hey folks,

Recent discussions with raid leads and various players within our raid have shed some light onto issues that have plagued our little band of raiders for a while now. I would like to take a moment here to try and address these problems with the best of my abilities. Collectively I’m sure we’ll be able get beyond them and possibly break down the barriers that have been preventing us from progressing with our usual rate of success.

The main issues are two fold:

1) Complacency

As the raid stretches on, some our raiders have slowly been falling back onto bad habits. It has become increasingly difficult in motivating these players out of their bad habits. Unfortunately we are too far into end-game content and too late within the expansion to truly find ourselves suitable permanent replacements with both the gear, experience and player ability.

So…since I cannot replace any of you, I’m stuck with having to beat you guys into submission. Unfortunately, the only stick I have to beat you guys with is my trusty “-DKP Stick of Hate”. Here are the beating rules:

- The Stick will inflict -20 DKP if you are found without a food buff on ANY boss.

- The Stick will inflict -20 DKP if you are found without a flask buff on ANY “LEARNING” boss.

- The Stick will inflict -20 DKP if you fail to correctly answer the pop-quiz question before a “NEW” or “LEARNING” boss fight.

- The Stick will inflict -20 DKP if you are not INSIDE the instance at precisely 7:30pm EST. (Doesn’t matter if you’re out summoning, you will get docked as well, it is up to individuals to find their own way within the instance).

There will be 1 "Yes-Or-No" style pop-quiz question before the start of each “NEW” and “LEARNING” boss fight. This question is randomly thought up by me and will serve to force you guys to read up on the fights.

“LEARNING” boss fights at the moment include: Gurtogg and Reliquary.

“NEW” boss fights for example will be when we reach Mother Shazra.

I know this all seems a little childish, but if it’s what it takes to oil up this raid machine of ours, then so be it.

2) Burnout

Some of our raiders are showing signs of raid “burnout” (for lack of a better word). Symptoms usually include; lack of motivation, complacency, grumpiness, lack of patience, inability to cope with some of the negative aspects of raiding (e.g. wipes, strategy development, other players, etc.).

If you are one of these individuals or if you have a particular gripe with the raid, I ask….nay I plead with you, to *PLEASE* communicate with me ASAP. If there is anything that can be done to potentially improve general raid morale for either the group or for a single individual I would be pleased to institute any required changes.

PLEASE do not wait till you are completely jaded, resentful or apathetic to the situation before bringing up your issues. If you're losing interest, start talking to me about it NOW, don't wait until it's too late.

If we find that the raid in general is apathetic to the whole idea of continuing or that a majority of the players view our future as bleak then there’s no sense in beating a dead horse and we shall gracefully bring it to a closure.

That being said we will not tolerate drama in any shape or form. Those who cannot overcome their issues with be swiftly replaced.

A final word:

We estimate approximately 3 months before the expansion comes out. Obviously seeing our current rate of progression, we are unlikely to be hitting Sunwell. Neither loot nor content is currently the driving force behind the raid.

Personally, I choose to raid for the pleasure of being in the company of friends and because I enjoy trying to overcome the challenge that Blizzard has set out for us. Whatever YOUR motivations are for raiding, the above statement is the current rationale keeping the raid together. My hope is that the majority of our raiders have expectations that align with this philosophy.

See you all next Tuesday!

Your raid leader,

Cal

P.S: You can bet your ass there will be a pop-quiz question regarding this post :)