Raid Layout Drawings

ArchimondeCenter2.jpg

NajentusDrawing.jpg

ShadeofAkama.jpg

TeronGorefiend.jpg

GBBDrawingPosition1.jpg

GBBDrawingPosition2.jpg

Attendance, Loot and DKP Systems

Please follow this link for more information.

Content of the Raid Bank

Availability of the raid bank items is subject to certain rules and condition, please ask one of the raid role leads or the raid leader for more information.

Void Crystal: 42

Nether Vortexes: 15

Gold: 5000g

Mount Hyjal / Black Temple Patterns:

[Pattern: Shoulderpads of Renewed Life] x 0

[Plans: Dawnsteel Shoulders] x 2

[Pattern: Living Earth Shoulders] x 1

[Pattern: Swiftheal Mantle] x 1

[Pattern: Mantle of Nimble Thought]x 1

Your raid leader,

Cal

Edited by Calendar

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

-Will Thursdays be exclusively BT nights, or are we going to chop into Azgalor & Archie a few times before devoting time to stomping Illidan's house?

-After people get their cloaks (and we get some more Ashtongue rep), will there be progress lists for the rest of the SR gear?

Here are some Azgalore videos that I found.

From an OT Healer PoV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-9ZhouPnps

From an OT PoV:

From an Elemental shammy PoV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PXrHHx7ktQ

From a resto Shammy PoV:

The common thread out of all of these is they the tauren warriors for the doomguards. An interesting thing from all the videos that I saw (including ones I didn't post) is that there are 3 popular tanking places: by Thrall, by the entrance to the encampment, and (least popular) by the tauren warriors. One thing we might want to think about is instead of placing a ranged DPSr on the doomgaurds... toss in some of our melee like what they do in the first video. That should minimize the number of them getting caught in the rain of fire, and spares the ranged DPS which have a higher mobility and a greater spread between them.

Just to add, Range DPS should be at MAX range (35+ yards) to avoid the rain of fires (http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t17255-azgalor_rain_fire/p7/). If your ranged and getting hit by the rain of fires you are too god damn close!

And this taken by someone in the above elitist jerks thread to make the fight easy mode (only 2 heal targets, MT and OT using this strat):

1) Tank the boss where Thrall stands

2) Tank the Doomguards by the Tauren Warriors

3) Don't let anyone but the MT get within 36 yards of the boss. Ever.

4) Put melee, and anyone who can't dps from 36 yards on the Doomguards

Edited by Kailand

Should I be hurt and look for some hidden meaning because in both the roster and role and group formations, you list Kadiana twice and leave me out on more that one occasion?

*goes off with her head down, sobbing*

Should I be hurt and look for some hidden meaning because in both the roster and role and group formations, you list Kadiana twice and leave me out on more that one occasion?

He also cloned Taiden to replace Uglutz. But hey, its calandor who can mistake a blue square for a red X....

*tugs her tail*

No raid can be complete without mama Kalea! Plus we need someone to teach Cal about shapes.

-Will Thursdays be exclusively BT nights, or are we going to chop into Azgalor & Archie a few times before devoting time to stomping Illidan's house?

-After people get their cloaks (and we get some more Ashtongue rep), will there be progress lists for the rest of the SR gear?

This is the last DAY of Kael'Thas. Either he dies tonight, or he doesn't for a long time.

Starting Thursday, we will be focusing solely on Hyjal till Archi dies, as we have more than what it takes to complete the place. DPS isnt even crucial on Archi, only that you STAY ALIVE. Once Archi is dead, we'll start plunging into BT, much like we moved directly into Hyjal after Kael died. Ultimately, when we find our rhythm, Hyjal should be a 2 hour speedbump in the road every week before BT.

Yes, there will be further additions to the SR page.

You need to still be farming SR Mats, even if you have your cloak! Mother Sharaz requires near cap SR, from what we hear.

- Baracko

Second in command

Lord of the Floor

Caller for MORE DPS! ;p

Edited by Baracko

Spreadsheet Mistakes:

Thanks for pointing out the mistakes on the spreadsheet. They have been fixed (let me know if you see anymore).

Raid Schedule:

The listed times and days are only "suggested" and depict a possible schedule for later on. As you all know our raid schedule is not fixed and it's often changed to meet our needs/challenges. The same was true of the SSC/TK schedule, despite the fact that SSC was meant to be on Tuesday and TK on Thursdays.

*** As Baracko suggests we will likely be staying in Hyjal until its full completion ***

Az'galor & Archimonde Strategies:

We always appreciate any tactical input raiders may give. The final decision on how a battle is to be executed is the responsibility of the raid leader and the various raid role leads. The assigned roles and the strategies attempted last week in Hyjal were preliminaries to see what would work best for us. More investigation is required and we'll provide you guys with a more accurate description of how these fights will go.

Epic Gems:

No distribution strategy has yet been announced. As soon as we come up with a fair and equal system that allow all raiders to get the gems they want we'll let you know. In the meantime I ask all miners to please pass on their gems (both epic and rare) to either the raid role leads or the raid leader.

Shadow Resistance Gear:

As Baracko has indicated, shadow resistance will quickly become a high priority for us. That is why I encourage everyone to pass on their Hearts of Darkness to any of the role leads or the raid leader. These items play a critical role in provide shadow resistance gear to the entire raid, ninja looting of these items will not be tolerated.

Your raid leader,

Cal

Edited by Calendar

You still have Kadiana as both raid and tank healer on the Anatheron and Kaz'rogal fights. *grins*

One note on last week's Azgalor fight. Holy does beautifully tanking the Doomguards until he gets 3 on him. Then his health starts falling like a rock. We need to try to keep the number of Doomguards to two to keep him from getting overwhelmed if that's at all possible.

On another note, the laptop I usually play on had to go to the shop today. I had it diagnosed correctly. The fan's about to blow and overheat the whole shebang, along with a couple of other small issues. I played tonight on an old desktop that just can't handle WoW. It was a lagfest like one of Baracko's worst nightmares.

I think I'm just going to have to stay away from WoW until I get my baby back. I made it through tonight, but I feel I was a liability to the raid with all that lag. With us working on new bosses Thursday, it would probably be best if you replaced me for that one night.

I was told 3-5 days to complete the repairs, so I should be good for next week. Heck, I might even be back Thursday if they can get the parts fast enough, but I wouldn't count on it.

*ties a blue ribbon around Baracko's tail for good luck*

DPS isnt even crucial on Archi, only that you STAY ALIVE.

I cannot emphasise this enough. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read up on Archimonde's abilities, as the knowledge will likely save you some repairs. This is one case where it's not about healing or healthstones as much as it is about using the Tear at the right moment and making sure you don't run the fire all over your raidmates (read up and you'll understand :D).

One note on last week's Azgalor fight. Holy does beautifully tanking the Doomguards until he gets 3 on him. Then his health starts falling like a rock. We need to try to keep the number of Doomguards to two to keep him from getting overwhelmed if that's at all possible.

We're addressing this, actually, and a few of us suspected it would be a problem....it was more a matter of seeing just how bad it was before being able to figure out what to do about it. We have a few ideas and assignments to try out regarding the DGs which we'll cover before we start the trash, so pay close attention for the changes :)

Positioning (or really range) for the ranged dps and healers will be crucial in the future Azgalor attempts as well, since he has a limited range for rain of fire. Stay at max range and you should never get rained on (with the exception of Marrania...we're weighing the options for you). For warlocks, I want all of us between Azgalor and Holyssa...this should give us maximum time to cast our soulstones since everyone has to run through our entire range to get to Holyssa. We'll talk more about the rest and soulstone assignments/rotation when we're prepping for the fight, but I'm confident that we're not far from seeing that big demon die.

Other notes from tonight:

* Warlocks (including myself) need to be a bit more spot-on with the soulwells...drop em early and often.

* Lots of people stood in bad stuff and died or required a ton of healing. Lesson we should know by now after all that we've seen: don't stand in bad stuff

* PLEASE for the love of Thrall, watch your debuffs and raid warning announcements instead of waiting for Cal to say your name on TS for things like infernals. TS has an inherent delay and it's YOUR responsibility to watch that, not his. Rule of thumb: if the skull is over your head, you probably have to do something different and quickly.

* Trinket use during Rage's icebolts is definitely better...keep up the good work

Looking forward, we've got some fun fights ahead of us but our persistance and coordination that we learned against Vashj and Kael'thas will pay off big-time. I'm happy to put Kael in our rearview mirror (although I still personally love the Vashj and Kael fights) and am confident we'll see some of the upcoming traditional "roadblock" bosses laying dead on the floor before long :)

One other note...

We're working further to optimise the group composition for better "stacking", so be prepared for the possibility of some different groupmates at times. Certain fights in BT will be much easier with specific group tweaking as well, so if you get shuffled around group-wise for a specific fight, don't be alarmed.

On another note, the laptop I usually play on had to go to the shop today. I had it diagnosed correctly. The fan's about to blow and overheat the whole shebang, along with a couple of other small issues. I played tonight on an old desktop that just can't handle WoW. It was a lagfest like one of Baracko's worst nightmares.

I think I'm just going to have to stay away from WoW until I get my baby back. I made it through tonight, but I feel I was a liability to the raid with all that lag. With us working on new bosses Thursday, it would probably be best if you replaced me for that one night.

I was told 3-5 days to complete the repairs, so I should be good for next week. Heck, I might even be back Thursday if they can get the parts fast enough, but I wouldn't count on it.

*ties a blue ribbon around Baracko's tail for good luck*

Hey kalea,

What kind of laptop do you have? I was debating getting one since my computer is humongoid and next time I move I don't want to bring it. Wasn't sure of a good laptop to play WoW on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2mv9spXVas

Quality ain't the best (hey, it's YouTube :)), but this is a neat little Archimonde movie which teaches you a few blatantly obvious yet very important basics about the fight...namely:

~ Jumping off the cliffs & practice using the Tears.

~ Tips on Tear timing during Air Burst.

~ Archie's abilities described. Look around his hooves, and you'll get a general idea as to the Doomfire's behavior & movement patterns. Imagine it as a big red snake.

~ PvP trinkets make the AoE Fear a lot less annoying. If you are a healer, they will be your best friend.

~ The last 10% is a whoa-omg zergfest. Even healers should go all out & roast him before the 1 minute timer is up.

What kind of laptop do you have? I was debating getting one since my computer is humongoid and next time I move I don't want to bring it. Wasn't sure of a good laptop to play WoW on.

I'm one of those odd people that play WoW on a 17" MacBookPro. It's a nice big screen for a laptop and runs WoW beautifully.

:)

I am sorry about the inconvience yesterday :) , I wasn't able to get on until 10 then I heard from Harne you did alright, which made me feel a little better. If you didnt understand what happened, or...HARNE didnt explain it right, my power surged and then my internet and cable TV provider also had a problem in my area ( I was actually lucky other people around my house didnt have power for a couple hours). Once again I am sorry for the inconvience I caused to the raid, and see you all tomorrow!

The one and only (not really),

Helreath

Somebody up there loves me. 32 hour turnaround on computer repair.

I'm available for tomorrow night's raid if you haven't filled my spot. If you have, I understand.

I'm just happy to have baby home. :)

And Helreath, you are one of a kind, son. *hugs*

Edited by Kalea

i think im gonna go mac for my next computer....

great customer service...reliable OS, great aesthetics...the list goes on and on...

great customer service...reliable OS, great aesthetics...the list goes on and on...

When it comes time for me to stop using XP, I'll be going Mac as well, I think. I don't think I want to head into an OS as. . . fractious. . . as Linux, and I'm sure not going to use Vista.

When it comes time for me to stop using XP, I'll be going Mac as well, I think. I don't think I want to head into an OS as. . . fractious. . . as Linux, and I'm sure not going to use Vista.

Hey! Im the only one who can hijack threads on these boards! Stay on target... :)

Sloppy night tonight (myself included), but I'm happy we got Azgalor down :)

The new group shuffling made for some interesting reports and we'll continue to tweak it as time goes on (I know one change already that needs to be made for Kaz'rogal next time). In all, though, we dealt with the adversity well enough and if we can down Azgalor when we're admittedly "not quite at our best" and with a key role replacement, we should blow by him next time.

Looking at Archimonde, I'll reiterate STAY ALIVE! Now that you've seen the fires and how they work, spreading out is obviously important to avoid baking others.

Everyone needs to practice using the Tear a few times and get used to the timing, so if you need a few extra moments to get that down, let us know. Don't just use it on a tiny drop and think you're okay either...one thing I've learned as a mage is that distances while you're falling can be very deceiving, leading to too early/late Tear use. Mages and priests should probably bring some feathers as well since it'll buy you some padding in case you click too early.

That being said, our one quick attempt on Archimonde looked VERY promising. Damage output was better than I expected and if we can do as well next time, we'll be looking at his corpse saying "that was a boss?".

:)

Sorry I wasn't able to make it last night I pulled my back/chest and it flared up on me again. Got another 2 weeks of Physical Therapy to go! See you all Tuesday :dancing_smile: