Mount Hyjal and Black Temple Raid Information

Calendar

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ORCALA! Perfect segue for my post! ( LOL absolutely perfect...wierd )

I will be missing Thursdays raid (90% chance anyway) because im going the the sleeping BEAR sand dunes in michigan on wed/thurs.

Should be fun, hoping for sunny warm days *crosses fingers*

There is a slim chance i'll be home on thursday in time. maybe.

-harne

O and, I really do think we made good progress on archimonde last week.

This fact was hidden by our repeated tank deaths.

So, no more of me ######ing about dying in the fire (i was kidding by they way, i really did try to be hateful, but i just dont think it works for me)

Today we ###### about not enough heals to Calandor.

Healers, its on you. If that means very little raid healing, so be it. If we wipe, I want Cal dead last. Only then will we be able to see consistant progress.

fun!

-harne

Picture updated for Tuesday night's confusion.

Consumables... potion.... you will bring.... I shouldnt have to remind you... mods.... quick action... phat lootz....dead Archi.

Target for this evening: BT

** Make sure you have lots of HEALTH POTS with you. EVERYONE will need them.

** Read up on the Najentus and Supremus fights! Familiarize yourself with the timers and such.

HOLY! You will be healing some tonight! bring your gear...

** There is a new picture posted for Najentus to explain placement. This one is correct in regards to local surroundings... print it out or have it up and ready.

Najentus, Supremus and maybe Akama die tonight! RAWR! :thumbsup:

Baracko - Cal

Will all the people in our sector be in the same group? I ask cause it is more efficient for me to group heal those around me if they are in my group.

Also would it be better since I am raid healing tonight to respec CoH Circle of Healing and loose the IDS Improved Divine Spirt? I can respec back for Hyjal

**HEADS UP!**

Tuesday, June 17th I may not be able to make it to the raid. I just found out my boyfriend was able to take off of work in order for me to attend my nephew's HS graduation, so I'll be traveling that day and not sure what time I'll be getting home. But I am sure I will be back Thursday the 19th MY BIRTHDAY :thumbsup:

Quality ain't the best (hey, it's YouTube tounge.gif), but this is a neat little Archimonde movie which teaches you a few blatantly obvious yet very important basics about the fight...namely:

Yeah a poor quality video at best. I also find it annoying when they record a fight but have it playing a fast forward speed. Also the text does not remain up fast enough to read all of it at times. Seems this way for all the videos by the same submitter. Id love a more detailed example of the fight, and for upcoming bosses we've yet to tackle like ones in Black Temple. Too bad it seems like Tamzin hasn't done any BT boss "How to" videos.

edit: Perusing through YouTube I found a pretty decent video on a the Naj'entus fight. Again not so good quality but the speed is normal. The instructions are shown in a marquee style scrolling from right to left but and go kind of fast. Though can always halt it and move the frames back if you missed something.

Naj'entus Fight

Edited by Zebgora

Baracko - Cal

Will all the people in our sector be in the same group? I ask cause it is more efficient for me to group heal those around me if they are in my group.

Also would it be better since I am raid healing tonight to respec CoH Circle of Healing and loose the IDS Improved Divine Spirt? I can respec back for Hyjal

YES! *winks*

O and, I really do think we made good progress on archimonde last week.

This fact was hidden by our repeated tank deaths.

So, no more of me ######ing about dying in the fire (i was kidding by they way, i really did try to be hateful, but i just dont think it works for me)

Today we ###### about not enough heals to Calandor.

Healers, its on you. If that means very little raid healing, so be it. If we wipe, I want Cal dead last. Only then will we be able to see consistant progress.

fun!

-harne

It's a judgement call for healers. I usually am not a full time tank healer (I heal the raid, then tank) so I heal the tank and keep an eye out on the raid that's in range, usually I'm aware of what they're doing, if they're cursed, or burning, then I switch to heal them rather than the tank.

I've stood in doomfire before (temporarily since that stuff hurts) and popped healing trinkets and spammed bind heal to keep the tank up. All of our healers have done that, and as long as you're sure that you're not looping the fire (for example run across a doomfire wall to get to tank healing range, NOT running back to tank healing range while the fire is following you), it's fine. You have to be darn sure you're not going to die while you do that though =p

Edited by Benea

It's a judgement call for healers. I usually am not a full time tank healer (I heal the raid, then tank) so I heal the tank and keep an eye out on the raid that's in range, usually I'm aware of what they're doing, if they're cursed, or burning, then I switch to heal them rather than the tank.

I've stood in doomfire before (temporarily since that stuff hurts) and popped healing trinkets and spammed bind heal to keep the tank up. All of our healers have done that, and as long as you're sure that you're not looping the fire (for example run across a doomfire wall to get to tank healing range, NOT running back to tank healing range while the fire is following you), it's fine. You have to be darn sure you're not going to die while you do that though =p

Thanks for all of the advice, Beans! It has been very helpful, not just to healers/priests, but to our raid in general. I appreciate having you here to give us a few pointers. :)

Two of our MT healers are paladins, so we can bubble to run through fire if we have to without taking damage, which should help us in this case. With a bit more practice, we'll get this fight down, especially now that we're running a bit of BT and seeing some of these things on other bosses (even if Supremus' fire doesn't hurt nearly so much!). Our work on Vashj/Kael is certainly coming in handy as well.

Considering our success in BT last week, its important to remind everyone to continue to farm for your shadow resist items. These will be crutial to our success on Mother Sharaz. Should almost all of our folks not have the items below by the time we reach her, it will most certainly be a roadblock.

Shadow Resist Wiki Link

Here is what you need:

1 Medallion of Karabor (hopefully! we know some of you werent around to complete that quest )

1 Night's End Cloak **Make sure it is enchanted with Greater Shadow Protecton **

1 SR Wrist

1 SR Feet (These should be augmented by the shadow resist kit - see our leatherworkers for this! )

1 SR Waist

1 Greater Shadow protection enchant for cloak

1 Shadow Armor Kit for Boots

----> These items will = 321 Shadow Resist with the priest buff.

Total mats needed for Wrist, Feet, Waist, and enchants (assuming everyone already has the cloak, but not enchanted):

5 Hearts of Darkness

3 Void Crystals

11 Primal Life

18 Primal Shadow

4 Heavy Knothide Leather

8 Materials (see the link listed above for which material your armor class needs)

These mats are very reasonable! Lets get on it now so we're prepared for Mother Sharaz as soon as we can!

Also, if you have slightly older pieces of socketed gear from SSC/TK that you're replacing with Tier 6ish loot, you can make that SR loot by putting Void Spheres in them. This way, we can increase SR even further without nurfing dps/healing too much!

How to get Hearts for your gear: Just send Baracko a mail or catch me after the raid. First come, first serve on the hearts for resist gear. WE ARE NOT USING HEARTS FOR ANYTHING ELSE OTHER THAN RESIST GEAR AT THIS TIME.

Who to get with for crafting:

Cloth: Tizaria/Maube

Leather: Kailand/Rahgesh

Mail: Kailand/Rahgesh

Plate: Calandor/Kadiana

Thanks everyone, and good luck!

- Bar

Edited by Baracko

Notes of interest:

1. The shadow resist tracking has been updated to reflect the 3 new pieces we are all working towards.

2. A new drawing for setting up the Teron Gorefiend fight has been posted.

Familiarize yourself, please! If we have good luck on Naj and Supremus, there is no reason why we cant get Shade of Akama down and possibly work on/get down Teron Tuesday!

Should almost all of our folks not have the items below by the time we reach her, it will most certainly be a roadblock.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

And for the love of god almighty, play the damned Gorefiend Simulator! If Cal's reading this, please place the link on page 1's post for all to see:

http://www.ferox-horde.de/feroxtgs2/

Should almost all of our folks not have the items below by the time we reach her, it will most certainly be a roadblock.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

And for the love of god almighty, play the damned Gorefiend Simulator! If Cal's reading this, please place the link on page 1's post for all to see:

http://www.ferox-horde.de/feroxtgs2/

ok after playing this damn simulator I will have plenty of hate built up for the raid tonight :)

I can only get 2 down before they reach the raid...:dancing_smile:

ok after playing this damn simulator I will have plenty of hate built up for the raid tonight :)

I can only get 2 down before they reach the raid...:dancing_smile:

There are two ways to go about this:

1. Spirit Chains x1 immediately, then Spirit lance in a counter clockwise fashion, Chains again when its up. This is the easiest method. MAKE SURE YOU USE HOTKEYS! Its almost impossible without using them.

Here is a fantastic video with a verbal explanation to help show you this strat:

NOTE: If you are unsure of where these abilities will pop up due to your UI, create macros using the following seperately:

/cast Spirit Lance

/cast Spirit Chains

/cast Spirit Volley

Personally, I set the above as 3,4,5 resepectively, because its what the flash game has them set as.

2. Spirit Volleyx1 immediately with a quick spirit chains, back up, then spirit lancex2 per in counterclockwise fashion until the cooldown return.

Waldonnis and I will be around early, most likely, tonight before the raid to talk anyone through this that needs help.

Bar-

I've had the mats for all the gear for some time now, but I'd rather the healers/tanks take first dibs on the HOD's. Any chance on working it like we did the cloaks?

K

You are not the first to echo that sentiment, and it sounds like a good idea. However, once the healers have what they need, I would like to start doing the resist gear peace-meal for the dps starting with the bracers --> feet --> waist so that we can spread the SR around a little more and maybe make some Mother Sharaz learning attempts possible.

Bottom line: healers first, then we'll do it a piece at a time for the dps.

RAWR! Thanks for being proactive, guys! ;p

bar,

I have mats for both the wrists and waist (and patterns), if I could get the hearts of darkness for either or both I will make them today.

Also after hours of farming I finally got the greater shadow rest to cloak if anyone needs it

bar,

I have mats for both the wrists and waist (and patterns), if I could get the hearts of darkness for either or both I will make them today.

Also after hours of farming I finally got the greater shadow rest to cloak if anyone needs it

*cheers* I think I just might have enough for those. If not, we should hopefully have them after tonight.

That will about drain our HoD pool dry for now. Ill let folks know as more come available! ;p

At least you can get 2 down Remm, I freeze them and it wont let me shoot at them to slow them until they are moving again... the cooldown is really messed up.

Thanks to Elrikk, Ug, Bar, Kadi, Harne for their help in killing Zuljin. 10 minutes for 3 badges ain't a bad way to end the night :cool:.

That being said, you all are still douches.

K

Crap forgot Draegloth-but he's Ani so he's obligated :devil:

Douche

K

Edited by Karrock

Thanks to Elrikk, Ug, Bar, Kadi, Harne for their help in killing Zuljin. 10 minutes for 3 badges ain't a bad way to end the night ;).

K

Crap forgot Draegloth-but he's Ani so he's obligated :)

Douche

K

I guess I'm a bigger douche...I got 13 badges.

Thanks to Elrikk, Ug, Bar, Kadi, Harne for their help in killing Zuljin. 10 minutes for 3 badges ain't a bad way to end the night ;).

K

Dam what the heck were you guys powered on that night? I can't even last a few minutes past the raid end :)