SSC and TK raid info

Calendar

Hiya everyone!

I just wanted to let it be known, I picked up both the Sunfire and Soulfrost enchants from Kara, so if there are any casters out there looking for either of those two enchants look me up. =)

Thanks for having me thus far, I'm having a blast.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys my isp went down last night, I want to appologize for leaving you all high and dry. No idea why I can't even phone them when its down to find out what the deal is cause I have voice over ip for my phone so when it goes down I don't even have a phone.

agi

No worries, Agi!

And as for Kelivus, we're damn happy to have you with us. You're a great mage, and you always handle constructive criticsm well.

Im so glad to see so many getting geared! ;p

Soon.... very soon.... Vashj will be dead.

Edited by Baracko

I will NOT give in to demands from people asking to finish early when there are 24 other people wanting to go on. I will NOT tolerate people leaving early and having the rest of the raid wait 15 to 20min to find another sub-standard replacement. I will NOT tolerate people missing because they simply don't want to raid anymore.

When I read this, my first reaction was, 'who is trying to NOT be in this raid when it is doing so well?'. I have been a part of several raids, including the main Brotherhood one back when they needed 40 people, and the commitment levels to it were far higher than what Cal is asking for. In order for any raid to be successful, it needs consistent, commited players. Any raid that has tried it without that element, at least in my experience, quickly failed.

I also would like to say that Cal and Baracko are far nicer as raid leaders than most that have made the kind of progression that this raid has made. I think they have done an excellent job in organizing the people, planning out the strategies, and trying to get it done. Keep in mind that many guilds have attendance REQUIREMENTS where you could lose your spot in a blink of an eye to some ambitious player waiting in the wings if you miss more than one raid on one of those nasty 5-6 nights per week schedules, while all Cal is asking for is that you let him know beforehand if you have RL issues, or if you don't want to show up anymore, on a raid that has a far shorter timeframe on far fewer days.

Basically, what it comes down to is that while raids are fun, and the loot is cool, they do take some work. I would hope that no one really expects to be able to show up for a few weeks, get what they want, then stop showing up while everyone else does the hard work, and then be able to show back up again when we hit Black Temple and Mount Hyjal. I truly believe that this group has what it takes to see those places, and it would be a shame to see it start to fall apart because a few people decided to be lazy, or decided they didn't want to pay the repair bills.

Raids require time. They require repair bills. They require work. They are also very fun, especially on those nights when you kill that boss that has been giving you trouble over and over again. As someone who has been through the nightmares of learning new instances before there were strategy guides, I truly feel that the grind is worth the rewards in a group that is dedicated to getting it done.

I fully support Cal and the sentiments expressed in his post, and I hope that all of our raiders decide to stick with us. We will be running Tier 6 instances before you know it.

-Kadiana

I'll be back in action for Tues. night. I've been stuck in bed for a week trying to breathe. Didn't even log on from my laptop. I had no desire to do ANYTHING, even eat (I lost 10lbs. on the pneumonia diet!)

All I could manage is watch daytime television, no wonder the rest of the world hates and fears America... :dancing_smile:

I was going to try coming Thurs., but I pulled EXTREME wife aggro (she's a 91 elite with +1000 to wither soul).

See you all Tues.

Elrikk

p.s. WTB [Wife poison]

(she's a 91 elite with +1000 to wither soul).
p.s. WTB [Wife poison]

Aren't they immune to [Wife Poison]. :dancing_smile: You should use the [tame wife] ability. :devil:

I was going to try coming Thurs., but I pulled EXTREME wife aggro (she's a 91 elite with +1000 to wither soul).

I've known her longer then you have.

You forgot about death coil, and her AOE taunt, causing all nearby things to instantly hate her.

Happy Monday, everyone! :dancing_smile:

I would like to remind everyone that we'll be beginning our runs this week in SSC to ensure that we get Leo down. Draegloth will be missing on Thursday, so we'd like to have our normal demon tank in there. Thursday will most likely be TK and a few attempts on Doomwalker or Kazzak, depending on who is available and if we have time.

It would also be prudent at this time to remind everyone that this will be the last week of farming both instances until we get Vashj down. Starting next week, we will focus on SSC until she falls. Make sure you have your flasks/consumables ready, and that you have done dailies to cover repair bills. Expect critique when we fail and cheers of joy and praise when we succeed.

We have the gear, we have the talent, we have the consistency. All we need is to shore up things topside and make sure we get the naga fast enough. Accomplish that, and Lady Vashj will fall.

To Victory!

- Bar

Hey guys -

I apologize in advance for those that might get tweaked by this message, so I ask you all to take everything I say with a grain of salt. Remember, it's a forum post, so the way you read it and the way I meant it might not exactly match up. I blame you for your inability to read my mind.

Having said that, I know we've all been having a lot of fun, and not just of the winning = fun type, either. This is, without a doubt, the most fun I've had since I started playing this game. You guys all rock, and I really mean that.

So, I'd like to ask you all for a little favor - namely, two minutes of your time while you read this post.

As we've all loosened up and become more comfortable with each other, several humorous themes have developed on the TS chatter - such as, Harne's mom, Baracko always dies, etc, etc.

One of these ongoing jokes has evolved into something that I'm not entirely comfortable with. That is, "Baracko gives happy endings for $5" has begun to increasingly incorporate a bad Asian accent and/or mimicry of the Vietnamese prostitute character's dialogue from "Full Metal Jacket".

Which, in itself, is sort of funny, in the absurdity of the comparison of Baracko to an Asian whore.

But the reason I'm bringing it up is because (having dealt with it from personal experience) it reinforces a negative stereotype about Asian women that I don't appreciate.

Please note that I am NOT insinuating that ANYONE in this raid is or was a racist, intentionally or unintentionally. But I am saying that people might not be aware that it's a stereotype that Asians have worked long and hard to overcome, and using that stereotype, even in jest, serves only to reinforce those negative cultural beliefs.

Now, you'll note that NOWHERE in this post did I ask anyone to stop the joke, or that anything race-related was off-limits.

I wrote this post simply because some of you may not have thought about this before.

So I wanted you all to be informed enough to make your own decisions.

But please understand that I cringe and a little piece of me dies every time I hear, "me sucky sucky love you long time".

And then, I steal a kitten from Calendar, and put it in a blender.

- Eigun

Hello,

I have been thinkin about respeccin to Affliction, I have played it before and I think it may be better for me to be aff for vashj fight, I thought before I would become Aff that I would see if anyone objected to it, or thought it was a bad idea in anyway, it would not affect (or effect...?) any of the raid other than my damage, although it should not change overall, and I am going to ask Perforated his spell rotation to see how he does. Just wanted to tell everyone I still have the same amount of health for Tidewalker, and the best cookies around. If anyone objects please, PLEASE tell me before tomorrow, because I would like to try it before we head to Vashj.

Thanks much,

Helreath ???

Hello,

I have been thinkin about respeccin to Affliction, I have played it before and I think it may be better for me to be aff for vashj fight, I thought before I would become Aff that I would see if anyone objected to it, or thought it was a bad idea in anyway, it would not affect (or effect...?) any of the raid other than my damage, although it should not change overall, and I am going to ask Perforated his spell rotation to see how he does. Just wanted to tell everyone I still have the same amount of health for Tidewalker, and the best cookies around. If anyone objects please, PLEASE tell me before tomorrow, because I would like to try it before we head to Vashj.

Thanks much,

Helreath ???

You might want to get a count on how many debuffs the raid is throwing on a boss right now *not just how many are displayed* before you respec. Affliction warlocks will generally throw on 4 or 5 apiece, and shadow priests can be even worse. Cal, Marr, Waldy, and Perf are probably taking ~ half the total debuff slots available just between the four of them.

You might want to get a count on how many debuffs the raid is throwing on a boss right now *not just how many are displayed* before you respec. Affliction warlocks will generally throw on 4 or 5 apiece, and shadow priests can be even worse. Cal, Marr, Waldy, and Perf are probably taking ~ half the total debuff slots available just between the four of them.

Personally, I use 8 debuffs on every boss fight. While they don't seem that great, they really increase my personal dps quite a bit. They are:

1) Mangle: +30% bleed damage on bleed attacks. Also affects Shred. Lasts 12 seconds.

2) Faerie Fire: -1955 armor, target unable to stealth or turn invisible. Healing reduced by 75%. Lasts 30 seconds. If your other druids aren't coming up with the same number it's because I'm uber. Also I spent points to get to the 36 point talent spec.

3) Nature's Wrathful Draining: 12 second cast time, 3865 mana. Consumes one Fel Lotus OR Large Prismatic Shard. Causes 850 nature damage per second, + multiplier by every non-nature damage DOT on the target, ie, two affliction spells = x 1.2, three = 1.3, 12 DOTs = x2.2. Lasts 45 seconds. Again, you have to spec for this.

4) Shadow of the Silent Claw: Lasts 60 seconds. Melee threat caused by party members decreased by 1.5%, but all healing threat increased by 40%. This debuff is only available if you have completed the heroic quest chain.

5) Gift of Malorne: Lasts 60 seconds. All DOTs also have a 2.5% chance to return the damage as a HOT divided evenly among all party members. Chance for spell critical strike reduced by 40%, 20% for nature spells.

6) Memories of Illidan: Each time a melee attack is dodged or parried, applies a +2 reduction in chance for next melee to be dodged or parried; but also reduces melee critical strike damage by 50%. Stacks five times. Lasts ten seconds.

7) Aura of Deadly Protection: Increases the damage that plate-wearing classes will cause by 0.5%. Also increases the likelihood that DPS plate armor will drop by 85%.

8) Ysera's Curse: Chance (0.2%, talent spec increaseed to 4.0%) for Baracko to die on each melee hit.

I like keeping all 8 debuffs up as long as I can, but if you're going to spec Affliction, Helreath, I guess I can drop one of these dots. The only question is... which one?

Edited by Eigun

Well, Eigun that is the problem, I dont want to make you lose any debuffs! I mean that is why I asked, if I have to make anyone lose anything....It makes it a hard decision. I like to think I do fine as Destruction, but I thought it would help for me to go affliction for vashj. But with going affliction for Vashj, comes going affliction for other bosses, I really want to go it for phase two to make it easier on me and Kalea, my Healer, which in turn helps the raid. It is a very hard decision for me to make.

Helreath

P.S. Anyone else have any suggestions of what I should do?

Personally, I don't bother with immolate these days (most of my gear only increases my shadow damage), so I'm usually better off saving the casting time for a shadowbolt...leaves one extra slot :p But Eigun's correct about having to consider debuff slots. They may have increased it, but it's still a consideration since they only gave us 40. On a standard boss fight, I'm putting up four (UA, corruption, siphon, and doom), and a periodic fifth from improved shadowbolt (we all share that one, though, so it's only one slot for all of the warlocks combined).

As for affliction, it's a toss-up. Honestly, any warlock spec should be able to handle the elementals...it's just a matter of comfort with the spec and knowing the strengths/weaknesses each brings. Also, shuffling specs may not necessarily be the solution if you're having issues. It could be something as simple as gem, gear, or enchant swapping since we're still shy of the point where our gear alone can get us to the spell hit cap.

Affliction does offer some help with the spell hit problem, since 5/5 suppression means 10% less spell hit to get, but that only applies to affliction spells, so you'd still end up gemming/enchanting/gearing for spell hit quite a bit to overcome resists on shadowbolt. 202 rating is the cap without talent benefits or totem of wrath versus raid bosses, and a 5/5 suppression warlock would only need 76 rating to cap (but only for his affliction spells...Waldy's over cap on affliction now, but still a bit to go on my shadowbolts).

If Kalea's having any issues keeping you alive and you stick with demo/destruction, it may be worth considering putting some points into soul leech as well. Any health returned is less health to heal ???

Please please please please reread my list of debuffs and tell me if any of them sound remotely realistic.

Druids do NOT have these things. Well, the thing where Baracko dies, yes, but not the other ones.

Please please please please reread my list of debuffs and tell me if any of them sound remotely realistic.

Druids do NOT have these things. Well, the thing where Baracko dies, yes, but not the other ones.

"Aura of Deadly Protection: Increases the damage that plate-wearing classes will cause by 0.5%. Also increases the likelihood that DPS plate armor will drop by 85%."

Knowing Blizzard (and our poor luck with drops), something tells me this is one of those super-secret hotfixes you just may be right about. Just think of all the shards we'll get once we do Hyjal! :D

Personally, I use 8 debuffs on every boss fight. While they don't seem that great, they really increase my personal dps quite a bit. They are:

1) Mangle: +30% bleed damage on bleed attacks. Also affects Shred. Lasts 12 seconds.

2) Faerie Fire: -1955 armor, target unable to stealth or turn invisible. Healing reduced by 75%. Lasts 30 seconds. If your other druids aren't coming up with the same number it's because I'm uber. Also I spent points to get to the 36 point talent spec.

3) Nature's Wrathful Draining: 12 second cast time, 3865 mana. Consumes one Fel Lotus OR Large Prismatic Shard. Causes 850 nature damage per second, + multiplier by every non-nature damage DOT on the target, ie, two affliction spells = x 1.2, three = 1.3, 12 DOTs = x2.2. Lasts 45 seconds. Again, you have to spec for this.

4) Shadow of the Silent Claw: Lasts 60 seconds. Melee threat caused by party members decreased by 1.5%, but all healing threat increased by 40%. This debuff is only available if you have completed the heroic quest chain.

5) Gift of Malorne: Lasts 60 seconds. All DOTs also have a 2.5% chance to return the damage as a HOT divided evenly among all party members. Chance for spell critical strike reduced by 40%, 20% for nature spells.

6) Memories of Illidan: Each time a melee attack is dodged or parried, applies a +2 reduction in chance for next melee to be dodged or parried; but also reduces melee critical strike damage by 50%. Stacks five times. Lasts ten seconds.

7) Aura of Deadly Protection: Increases the damage that plate-wearing classes will cause by 0.5%. Also increases the likelihood that DPS plate armor will drop by 85%.

8) Ysera's Curse: Chance (0.2%, talent spec increaseed to 4.0%) for Baracko to die on each melee hit.

I like keeping all 8 debuffs up as long as I can, but if you're going to spec Affliction, Helreath, I guess I can drop one of these dots. The only question is... which one?

Oh, the humor! *gasps* :D

Helreath, I would listen to Waldy, as he's one of resident theorycrafters and pretty damned knowledgeable to boot.

As to dying on each melee hit, if Cal would just generate more threat, I wouldnt have that problem! ;p

- Bar

If Kalea's having any issues keeping you alive and you stick with demo/destruction, it may be worth considering putting some points into soul leech as well. Any health returned is less health to heal :D

I'm really not having any trouble keeping Helreath alive. With Eigun covering more ground, and getting out of heal range, I might add, it just leaves Helreath catching most of the elementals coming up our side.

In the past the stray naga would head straight for me and they would lose their healer, but that seemed to be under control on our attempts last week. From my point of view, Helreath was doing a good job of snagging, and killing, the elementals before they reached the top of the stairs.

He does a good job taking care of Mum. *grins*

@ eigun

I laughed :D

and , i like how you mixed up your debuffs - some real aspects all mixed in with the crazy ;)

I just thought that I would add the debuffs that hunters put up:

I apply:

Improved Hunters Mark (110 AP to melee, upto 440 RAP)

Scorpid Sting (-5% for target to hit)

Expose Weakness (25% of my agility is applied to AP of attackers, which is about 275 AP while I'm raidbuffed.)

and Karrock puts up a sting also, usually serpent sting.

Edited by Kailand

Well, Waldy I know I CAN do it as a destro lock, the thing is, its very scary when I have to life tap, that was the main point I was trying to get across. I mean, I dont want to try for the sake of trying it, that would just be mean to the raid. But I would really like to try it to see my dps what it would be like on Vashj. I know I need enchants, I just dont have the time nor the gold to buy them in game :D. I know you guys can help me, but even then I have to spend the time to pay you guys back some how! AND YES I WOULD HAVE TO. I am not someone to just take things and go... that seems so very wrong to me. So I am not asking for a donation just explaining that I am trying to get them. But again, I was just wondering if I could try it for this week to see how I did. I know that is a strain (sp? ) on the raid and I am sorry for it but it was something I was wondering I could do, not just making it perminant. And waldy the reason I turned to it was because I had been it for a long time before I became the spec i am now. But if you think ( because I know you are very smart and know very much about this game) that I should stay this spec and keep on truckin' I will.

-Helreath

P.S. I wont be here next week (teusday and thursday of next week ) Going On A Cruise! Can I get a hell yeah?

Edited by Helreath

I hear ya. Once I reach hit cap without the Scryer trinket (basically once we're getting into Hyjal), I'll be swapping over to a demo/destruction spec myself. I'm starting to notice some damage limitations with affliction at this gear level, due to the nature of damage over time. I've also been demo/destruction before and liked it, but affliction gave me some flexibility that I needed early into raiding.

Either way, it's really up to you. I wouldn't stress much about healing unless the healers are mentioning it being a strain. We actually bring more healers than many of my friends' raids do, so we should have enough cushion. I tend to chug health potions like they're going out of style and use my healthstones as often as possible as well just to get used to not having my imp's mana pool in the future :D

Edited by Waldonnis

Helreath: List the enchants you are searching for. Lots of us have some materials just lying around collecting dust. If we get ten people to donate a little, you get what you need at little cost to us all.

I'm writing this from my wife's 8 year old mac powerbook g4. I can't even get past initial boot - I just go right to Blue Screen of Death.

That'll teach you not to back up all your important information.

Sorry about tonight guys - I'm going to pull the hard drives and bring them somewhere to try to reinstall windows. Barring that, I'll need a completely new machine.

<singing>

"I...... love technology...."

I wanted to say....GREAT JOB last night everyone! we got to phase 3!! I don't know about the rest of you but my heart got pounding, hell we even got the old witch down to 35% if I remember correctly, maybe it was somewhere in there.

On a helpful gaming note, my mages. If you're able to and have the spec (fire) to do so. Keep your scorch on max if you can, with a 30 sec till next needed application thats not just a 15% damage buff for us but also our lockie pals who throw on immolate. Every bit helps =)

Vashj is on her way down! WOOO!!! =D

P.S. I wont be here next week (teusday and thursday of next week ) Going On A Cruise! Can I get a hell yeah?

Have fun, son!