SSC and TK raid info

Calendar

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

The amount of preparation that Calendar and Baracko put into this raid really paid off. We should be grateful for all of their hard work.

And we need to do our part too, get the resistance gear ready for Hydross (DKP points or not), make sure we're on time, have our gear checked and ready, and have last minute replacements on notice.

It's a pleasure to run in a raid with players of this quality.

Just thought I'd say last night's raid was a lot of fun, and full of positive surprises. God, I loved watching all those murlocs helplessly try to stomp down an angry tankadin ;)

Eagerly anticipating the next run with you guys. :(

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys.

You all did *AWESOME* last night during our very first raid and it's only going to get better from this point on!

Next bosses on our clomp list:

Fathom-Lord Karathress

Hydross the Unstable

With a little luck it won't take too long for these guys to go down!

Great job everyone and keep on clompin'!

Hopefully next time I won't newb up the murloc pack pulls... at least we didn't wipe.

I was so sure you did that on purpose just to see if we were all on our toes, Kailand. *grins*

It was so much fun to see the place for the first time with a group that knew how to have fun while we learned something new. Thanks for having me along. I look forward to next week!

Heyo all,

Won't be able to make it to tonight's run. Last night my PC motherboard chose a convenient time to suddenly drop dead & didn't get on the phone with tech support till last night. Grr...

Dell's supposed to come fix it by either tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm (safely) assuming I should be back on my feet by tomorrow night.

A coupla notes about last night:

1. We're going to have up and down nights. PLEASE do not get discouraged! We have a talented group, but that doesnt mean we're perfect.

2. Oftentimes as raid leaders, its our job to motivate in one form or another. No one means any ill will, and all is usually forgotten after the raid.

3. Do whatever is necessary to limit deaths on boss fights. Almost every boss fight from here on out require nearly 25 people up to be successful. If you died a ton last night, try to think/reason out why and do what you must to fix it.

4. High dps is a good thing, but not when you pull aggro.

Otherwise, good recovery from a tough start.

Im not going to be there Thursday due to a business trip, but I plan to hear success stories on Hydross when I log in later that night. Here is a quick link to Hydross info: Hydross Info

PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE AGGRO DUMPS AND WHEN/WHEN NOT TO AOE! ;p

RAWR!

- Baracko

Edited by Baracko

I have a suggestion for all the classes that can raise the dead. Shamans, priest, paladins.

In a 25 man wipe, we're all rezzing our hearts out to get the raid back up and, a lot of the time, casting spells on the same targets. There's a little macro that will announce your target to the raid that might keep that from happening.

/cast Ancestral Spirit (or whatever your spell is called)

/s Raising %t

Now you can put anything your twisted little mind comes up with before or after the %t that will insert the name of your target.

Theoretically, it works the same whether the last line is announced as a "say" /s, "raid" /ra, or "party" /p.

Just a thought. :yub:

@ Kalea: great idea!

@ Holyssa: I hate mr. Wiggles! I always think I'm gonna break a sheep with that lil' feller all up ons!

@ Raid leaders: Considering how easy Hydross seemed....are we just gonna kill him first now?

@ your mom: *whistles*

/love!,

-Harne

Edited by Houli

My 2 copper regarding last night:

~ Hydross went well during the last few attempts, but could have gone a lot smoother. Remember: if you think you're a high-threat class or experience trouble timing your DoTs, move up and down along the platform with the appropriate transition tank as he reaches the 250% mark. Not only will it make life easier for us by catching Hydross before he makes a mad dash for clothies, but it prevents him from running too far away & doing a double transition switch, which is a guaranteed wipe.

~ Lurker. Spout is very, VERY easy to notice. If you're one of those people that lacks boss mods like BigWigs (WTH are you smoking?), watch for him to stop & suddenly flap his arms/fins wildly and open his lower jaw.

~ By the ######ing Tides! Aside from Calendar getting his ass handed to him by the purple giant (random luck, his crazy burst damage and the Graves gimping his main healers..something that will take some practice in contending with), I think I have a nice strategy to better handle the murlocs, and perhaps give our healers a bit of extra time in keeping Cal up. Here's what I found from the Maintankadin forums, and is a carbon copy of the strategies my previous Tidewalker kills worked with (my own comments in bold):

Staying out of grave range (50 yards) while tanking the murlocs really helps reduce the randomness of the fight. My guild killed Morogrim quickly after we switched to that strategy, having worked on him for a few nights using others. In fact, we did so well on the first try with that strat that we were completely unprepared for the globules (raid leader didn't think we'd get that far on the first try) and wiped.

You don't even need to wear any healing gear. I just put on my blocking set and a healing mace/shield/libram, then swap in my sword and tanking shield when the murlocs reach me, swapping back out when they're dead (not really necessary, but I can easily tank them with my healing mace next time). Morogrim is tanked at the entrance to Fathom-Lord's tunnel while I stand with a warlock and a healer at the bottom of the steps out of grave range (it's that ramp I always stand on with the green triangle over my head, FYI :devil:). The warlock never gets hit with anything before the globules come (since he's out of grave range but NOT on top of me...since the murlocs tend to easily turn around & tap anyone they please even with me on top of their aggro table), so he just lifetaps down as far as he can so that I can heal him to pick up the murlocs (remember kids, healing doesn't generate threat unless the person is missing HP!).

We load him up with every +healing buff we can use, which is generally Fel Armor, Amplify Magic, BoL (Blessing of Light), and in a group with a tree druid if we have one. Along with pots and weapon oil, this easily lets me get aggro with a couple HLs (Holy Light, our biggest heal with a 2.5 second cast time). Both groups hit me at about the same time, and all our warlocks and mages turn around and destroy them while I hold aggro. Once the globules start, everyone in the grave area moves up top and we just keep at it with the same strategy. The warlock just has to be a little more careful about lifetapping since he'll get hit by earthquake (PW: Shield on the warlock just before the Murloc/EQ cooldown hits is very useful here).

It makes the fight very simple, if still mind-numbingly repetitive. A brief interruption of dps on Morogrim is far outweighed by eliminating the possibility of wiping because key people get graved at a bad time.

~ Go read about Fathom-Lord Karathress so we can get our damned Tier-5 pants :devil:. Looks messy on paper, but is easier than it looks, since our Hydross attempts have proven to me we have the punching power to wreck this Naga.

Rest up dear friends, and better luck tomorrow night :(

Apologies for missing last night. My connection was down for most of the night, sadly, so I couldn't even post a notification (problems with the local uplink). It seems like it's fixed now, though, so I shouldn't have a problem next time. Hope everything went well :devil:

Its looking like we're headed toward Leo. Probably about 75% sure.

We need everyone to do the following:

1. Make sure you're gemmed as high as possible. You should not have ANY green gems anymore.

2. Think about the little things on the death attempts and make sure we recreate them. To get through all of SSC, we're going to need to one-shot bosses on a regular basis. This will come more with time and gear - for now, we need to Agame all the time to make it happen.

3. Be prepared - consumables, reading up, etc. Knowledge of the fight makes a huge difference. Knowing is literally half the battle.

Leo is a bit technical, but not that hard a fight. Know your role ahead of time to make our attempts much more fruitful.

Lets get 3 bosses down this coming Tuesday!

- Baracko, your lootwhore and slavedriver.

Edited by Baracko

For the time being we will continue our endeavors within SSC. Whether or not we hit Leotheras depends a lot on our Warlocks.

As many of you know Leotheras requires yet another resistance set, this time a cloth Fire Resistance set for one of our Warlocks.

A "Soul Link" spec'd (XX/21/XX) Warlock is also highly recommended for this fight.

I'll be querying the Warlocks in our raiding to find out:

1) Their interest in being a tank for this fight.

2) What kind of resistance gear they have.

3) Whether or not they are willing to modify their specs.

Once we find our man we'll be able to better assess the situation and where we need to be.

Quick guide on how to Warlock tank Leotheras

Edited by Calendar

A very useful instructional video on how to pwn this Tazmanian Sin'dorei. Great for anyone who wants to get a good idea of the room visuals, Leo's behavior, and how to handle Inner Demons.

While I'm thinking of FR gear, if our warlock cannot access an Onyxia Scale Cloak or random AH greens, there's a way to get the Wyrmcultist's Cloak after performing a series of quests in Blade's Edge:

Start by getting this note from the Wyrmcultist Hewers & Poachers around Blade's Edge:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31120

Once you've done the "note" quest, you get to start the quest that lets you get the disguise. It's very easy & solo-friendly:

http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=10894

If you have already finished these quests long ago, the scraps will still drop.

Once your costume is done, go to the Wymrcult Cave just southwest of Grishnath, and go down the dead-end tunnel on your left as you enter. He sells the BoP cape, and a cool orb toy :D

Edited by Holyssa

If we are headed to tk, I think we should do alar first. A lot of raids skip him to get the easy loot from VR. Which is true but I can say with no doubt this raid will 1 or 2 shot void reaver. Its a dps race and this raid has plenty of it. The trash pulls however are a different story, Its best not to have to deal with them twice. I think night one in tk we can down both. Trash pulls can be very unpridictable and its best to have 3+ mages cause they all do aoe type effects so tanking them kind of last resort.

Whatever we decide will be good by me though.

Agimemnon

Also the badge of justice fr set is pretty nice, depending on how many badges the said warlock may have.

Edited by agimemnon