SSC and TK raid info

Calendar

I think Draegloth (sp! sorry if its wrong) was saying he was gearing up for it...he took the sta' trinket that droped to help out with that.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm thinking of FR gear, if our warlock cannot access an Onyxia Scale Cloak or random AH greens, there's a way to get the Wyrmcultist's Cloak after performing a series of quests in Blade's Edge:

I know I'm only a replacement and my opinion is properly worth spit, but I strongly feel that if Drae doesn't have an Onyxia Scale Cloak, then the appropriate course of action is not to get the Wyrmcultist's or some random green but to go and beat the stuffing out of that dragon again and make a new one. Even if the Wyrmcultist's is better.

Edited by Scryll

For the time being we will continue our endeavors within SSC. Whether or not we hit Leotheras depends a lot on our Warlocks.

As many of you know Leotheras requires yet another resistance set, this time a cloth Fire Resistance set for one of our Warlocks.

A "Soul Link" spec'd (XX/21/XX) Warlock is also highly recommended for this fight.

I'll be querying the Warlocks in our raiding to find out:

1) Their interest in being a tank for this fight.

2) What kind of resistance gear they have.

3) Whether or not they are willing to modify their specs.

Once we find our man we'll be able to better assess the situation and where we need to be.

Quick guide on how to Warlock tank Leotheras

I had already geared for this role once upon a time. Volo's Flame Resist Goo Never put it to use though. Respecing might be needed for the learning phase and thats not a problem.

If you I can be helpful contact me. With proper notice Ill be able to join you.

If we ever decide to do TK:

Void Reaver movie. Yes, I know - he's super easy. But this is very useful for people that have never ever set eyes on this guy, and can help guarantee a win by being just a bit more informed :D

The script used in this movie helps you zoom out your camera much further than usual, since the orbs fly at a low arc now.

/script SetCVar ("cameraDistanceMax", 50); (type this into a chat window).

As for A'lar, this is the strat I commonly used: http://www.bosskillers.com/cgi-bin/bbguild...;sid=eb4C3F3r8y

Again, it's easier than it appears :p

the appropriate course of action is not to get the Wyrmcultist's or some random green but to go and beat the stuffing out of that dragon again and make a new one.

WTB free 18-slot Ony bag or Onyxia Blood Talisman ;_;

Why is it watching that little demonstrations reminded me of Pong? Or and yeah I saw my little cube! Its the one that accidentally blinks forward during the Pound ability :p Kidding I hope I dont newb it up that badly!

I glanced at the Alar strat guide btw..boo on him bein immune to fire-_- I dont want to have to respec to Frost every single time we go kill him =(

Edited by Zebgora

Grr. Baracko beat me to it :p

And for a copy pasta-friendly version of the Tainted Core Macro (used in phase 2), here:

/use Tainted Core

/y <------- TAINTED CORE TO: %t ! ! !

/s <------- TAINTED CORE TO: %t ! ! !

/script SendChatMessage("!!! YOU HAVE THE CORE !!!", "WHISPER", "Orcish", UnitName("target"));

Chat spam aside (you will see a lot of it in this fight), this will toss the core to a friendly player, and send them a message. If you need to practice, replace the Tainted Core line with something else (like a Leather Ball, Happy Fun Rock, Voodoo Skull, etc.), & bring a buddy or two to an instance or poorly populated zone (so that people don't gripe about the macro spam).

Take the time to play with it before Thursday night. Like the Spitfire macro, this is key to making Vashj a little less nightmarish.

EDIT: If you haven't taken the time to do so, please drop by Caverns of Time, and get this quest from Soridormi:

The Vials of Eternity

That way when Vashj kicks the bucket, you can't say "OH SHI- I can't get my vial! /wristcrit". It's also shareable.

Edited by Holyssa

I just wanted to add: THAT VIDEO IS AWESOME!!!!

It *REALLY* explains the fight *VERY* well, shows all aspects of the battle and the video is good quality.

Hi,

I just wanted to add that looking at the WWS logs, our DPS is improving everytime we go in there. I would also like to encourage everyone who are still using green quality gems to switch to blue quality gems, and if they have a gear slot without an enchant - get one, even if it is a stam kit. Every little bit helps guys. Look at the WWS logs, they are a great tool, as long as people don't use them to stroke thier epeen. Also use WWS to compare what you are doing to other people in your class, to see if you could be doing things better, or differently. And if you don't understand what another player is doing, ask - it is the only way you will know, and it may improve your play.

Kailand

*added link for the lazy (same as the first post) WWS Stats *

Edited by Kailand

Hi,

I just wanted to add that looking at the WWS logs, our DPS is improving everytime we go in there. I would also like to encourage everyone who are still using green quality gems to switch to blue quality gems, and if they have a gear slot without an enchant - get one, even if it is a stam kit. Every little bit helps guys. Look at the WWS logs, they are a great tool, as long as people don't use them to stroke thier epeen. Also use WWS to compare what you are doing to other people in your class, to see if you could be doing things better, or differently. And if you don't understand what another player is doing, ask - it is the only way you will know, and it may improve your play.

Kailand

*added link for the lazy (same as the first post) WWS Stats *

Folks, we are reaching the point where everything needs to be maxxed, and Kailand is on the right track.

Things that must be done:

1. You need to have the best blue gems you can get for yourself in each of your items.

2. If you are not yet running BigWigs, get it before Thursday. EVERYONE in the raid should be running this.

3. Enchants should be up to speed. With the exception of a few of them, most are not that expensive to get and every little bit counts.

When we hit that last 50% of Vashj's health, we're going to need squeeze every bit of dps/healing out of ourselves to get her down in time. Even minor upgrades will be helpful! Adding up all those minor upgrades across the raid means a big upgrade for the raid as a whole.

If you think we're squeezing the max out of ourselves now, watch THIS

The best Vashj training video can be found HERE.

Read up, suckas!

*Looks at the video and peers at Vag* :devil: I wouldn't mind pounding that a few times, it looks like fun. :devil:

On a more serious note, this looks like highly challenging and technical fight, although it does look fun with some interesting mechanics. I'm impressed with the high quality of production too. I do have a few lingering questions as to some of the stuff in phase 2, but nothing serious.

Edited by Kailand

Why is it watching that little demonstrations reminded me of Pong? Or and yeah I saw my little cube! Its the one that accidentally blinks forward during the Pound ability :devil: Kidding I hope I dont newb it up that badly!

I glanced at the Alar strat guide btw..boo on him bein immune to fire-_- I dont want to have to respec to Frost every single time we go kill him =(

Actually, it reminded me of those lil' Kubrick Japanese figures. Now that would make for a nice piece of WoW merchandise :devil:

Regarding Al'ar & Fire Mages: If you can't afford to re-spec, consult your local alchemist for some Elixirs of Major Frost Power. Even if you aren't properly spec'd to take advantage of frost's perks, consumables can help fill in the DPS gap just a little bit.

We had a few mages in my old raids who refused to let go of their huge like X-Box DPS from fire spells, but this was one approach that helped take a load of their shoulders, despite the farming that went behind making it work.

Hi everybody. :devil:

I wanted to put my name in for an alternate slot, if you needed a 0/42/19 hunter at some point to fill in. I'm a good chain trapper and enjoy raiding. I'd love to commit to Tues. and Thurs., but school prevents me from doing so. That being said, Thursday I'm available to raid if you need me. I just bought my epic mount, so I'm working on building back up my bank account in order to gem out the purples I picked up from Kara this past weekend. Hopefully that'll get done in the next week or two. And please don't laugh at my chestpiece. It's sad and crappy. But I plan on picking up the S3 helm and chest soon.

Thanks for considering me. I might not be geared enough, but I'd like to put my name in the ring, just in case. And if I'm not geared enough, I will be soon. :devil:

Cheers,

Veela

70 Hunter

Hi everybody. :devil:

I wanted to put my name in for an alternate slot, if you needed a 0/42/19 hunter at some point to fill in. I'm a good chain trapper and enjoy raiding. I'd love to commit to Tues. and Thurs., but school prevents me from doing so. That being said, Thursday I'm available to raid if you need me. I just bought my epic mount, so I'm working on building back up my bank account in order to gem out the purples I picked up from Kara this past weekend. Hopefully that'll get done in the next week or two. And please don't laugh at my chestpiece. It's sad and crappy. But I plan on picking up the S3 helm and chest soon.

Thanks for considering me. I might not be geared enough, but I'd like to put my name in the ring, just in case. And if I'm not geared enough, I will be soon. :devil:

Cheers,

Veela

70 Hunter

Overall your gear is pretty good with your belt being the only weak link, your best bet for easy upgrades is replace that belt with an 'of the bandit' green, or even better, the vindicator belt from BG's. As for your chest piece it's not all that bad, you may want to consider having the felstalker chest piece crafted (it's the best pre-epic piece). Make sure you get enchants on everything, and gem up accordingly (you can armory me as for which enchants/gems are best for hunter DPS). I also know the pain of lack of cash after the purchase of an epic mount... as have all of us that have one, but the cash will flow in like crazy if you keep up at doing the netherwing dailies.

I'm sure that Calendar will consider you for a replacement slot.

The best Vashj training video can be found HERE.

Read up, suckas!

Very informative but was the background music by Yanni -REALLY- neccessary!? And the narrator sounded very petite and prim with cute accent and all :devil:

All kidding aside its nicely done video. I wonder how she did it but she managed to get different aspects of the fight from different angles like at the bottom of the steps. Making it so we have a clear image of where we should be at certain points. It does seem super technical that fight and hopefully we'll get some victories ourselves. But I also believe we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves too much now, we still have one mor boss to learn before we can even start pounding the Vaj. (yeah I went there too :devil: )

we still have one mor boss to learn before we can even start pounding the Vaj. (yeah I went there too :devil: )

Bah! Leo is going down tonight. Three hours to down the guy? Yeah.... I plan on "Pounding Vaj" tonight as well.

- Bar

we still have one mor boss to learn before we can even start pounding the Vaj. (yeah I went there too :devil: )

Bah! Leo is going down tonight. Three hours to down the guy? Yeah.... I plan on "Pounding Vaj" tonight as well.

- Bar

Leo is made of blind & easysauce. His trash, on the other hand, is the most tedious I've ever seen next to the crap past Curator. Mushroom laying elementals, shield-chucking Broken pallies, and lots of those water elemental totems.

Nothing we haven't handled before though. Bless you warlocks for having Banish. ^_^

- Bar

Well, even though I could pound vaj all night long :innocent: .... I do want to get some phat loot, so we better finish her up quick for a nice epic climax :devil: .

Yea! Awesome Progress so far guys :stinker:

Also if you Need some extra DPS, I'm looking to try and get back into Raiding, So Please look me up if your in Need of a Hunter >:L

Good news fellow loot whores:

All 25- player raid bosses that drop set tokens will now drop and additional token! ZOMG R U CEREAL?

proof

the sooner this patch comes the better!

Monday nights are now open for me. So if you need a roguely type.... yeah. Call me, sugarbabies.

That's good to know, Rhoach, but umm... the runs are on Tuesdays and Thursdays.