SSC and TK raid info

Calendar

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grats on the loot from both places, TK and Hyjal :(

I hope we find a way to streamline the loot system for trash drops in Hyjal though. There is a neck I had sort of hoped would dropped that would have been a major upgrade for me. (Still wearing one off Prince from Kara) I think Kelivus got it last time. Its called Hellfire Encased Pendant. And maybe it will drop next time we're there, but I would hate to know it did drop but was not picked up and lost because we could not grab it in all the commotion.

I understand killing the waves takes priority, but still I would feel better with a little more time between waves. :)

I understand killing the waves takes priority, but still I would feel better with a little more time between waves. :(

I know I lost a priestly pattern last night, and Im truly sorry about that. I couldnt even get to switch the master looter at the end.

The only problem with your statement is that we have no way of controlling how fast the waves come. We can slow down bosses arrival, but not totally.

This is yet again another example of why you should research loot. Don't come unprepared... you WILL NOT have time to check if its good for you or not.

- Bar

Yeah last night it seemed the only time we lost tanks was when people were sidetracked by the loot. The faster we finish the wave the more time we have to pick up loot and roll. If a tank dies it's just going to take that much longer to finish and we won't have time to drink between waves and whatnot. It's probably better off if no one links the loot until after the wave is about finished.

I understand killing the waves takes priority, but still I would feel better with a little more time between waves. :(

I know I lost a priestly pattern last night, and Im truly sorry about that. I couldnt even get to switch the master looter at the end.

The only problem with your statement is that we have no way of controlling how fast the waves come. We can slow down bosses arrival, but not totally.

This is yet again another example of why you should research loot. Don't come unprepared... you WILL NOT have time to check if its good for you or not.

- Bar

KILL FASTER!!!

RAAAARW!!!!!

We're slowly but surely making progress with this creep:

~ Take your time during Phase 1. Remember: if you aren't sure if you're going to steal aggro on a specific add (Telonicus & Capernian, namely), don't touch it till an officer makes the call! A good way to tell if Holy has decent threat buildup is to wait till a full Consecrate cycle finishes up (8 seconds) then let loose.

~Weapon DPS was teh sex.

~ Phoenix DPS was good, but I think as soon as Cal called for Shock Barrier DPS, people panicked & forgot all about the eggs. There were a few instances where I was stuck DPSing down an egg all alone and had way too many of those flamin' chickens flying around to properly tank. ###### happens, and we will learn from it like we did with Vashj's add control...no biggie.

~

>_>

- I agree with Holyssa, DPS was really awesome towards the end. Unfortunately for the first half it would seem people weren't eating their wheaties or something. Phase 2 and Phase 3 are a DPS race, we really need folk to pump out that damage.

- Some players *REALLY* need to work on their kiting skills. Yes I said *SOME*! It would seem that if Thaladred were to change his gaze to these players then it was guaranteed kill. I need EVERYONE to be on their toes while this mob is alive and react both *QUICKLY* and *INTELLIGENTLY*

- I propose a change of tactic on the Pheonixes; I found that the eggs would too often hatch simply due to the DPS switching onto the shock barrier. For this reason I will call for DPS on phoenixes only AFTER a shock barrier has been taking care of. Meaning that after every barrier, *ALL* range DPS *MUST* kill the phoenixes (and their eggs!) before continuing to DPS Kael'thas.

Healing was good from what I could see.

The only area for opportunity is when Cal begins bringing Sanguinar towards Kaelthelas. It seems we have a "lull" in healing, perhaps a range issue where we can run after Cal and cast? If so, we need some healers stationed in between Cal and the platform to take over for this while Cal's main healers get into position.

Yeah last night I think I died once or twice since I couldn't concentrate on the game more than I wanted. (strained my chest moving)

And no I don't care how much you mastered in massage techniques. :(

Healing was good from what I could see.

The only area for opportunity is when Cal begins bringing Sanguinar towards Kaelthelas. It seems we have a "lull" in healing, perhaps a range issue where we can run after Cal and cast? If so, we need some healers stationed in between Cal and the platform to take over for this while Cal's main healers get into position.

I would run over to Cal after Telonicus was dead, which was shortly before Kael'thas broke loose. I'm pretty sure the "lulls" in the healing are from the fear bombs that Sanguinar drops, since the group coming over from Telonicus doesn't have fear ward. I was feared just about every time during that transition.

Edit to add: I don't think we need to make an extra effort to 'ward' people coming in to finish off Sanguinar. The healers just need to be sure to spam heals on Cal, even if he's at full and not appearing to take damage during that part of the phase.

Edited by Kadi

Would having our PvP trinket equipped the whole fight gimp us too much?

I't might help with the Remote controls, Fears and Mind Control...

Would having our PvP trinket equipped the whole fight gimp us too much?

I't might help with the Remote controls, Fears and Mind Control...

It doesn't work on MC (I'm not sure about Remote Toy), but it will most likely dispel everything else. Then again, this is why people need to click the Staff buff immediately :(

Also, this may help a bit:

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=36480#comments

Mental Protection Field

Places a mental protection field on friendly targets within 30 yards, granting immunity to Stun, Silence, and Disorient effects.

"It works like a paladin aura except for affecting all friendly targets and not just party members. It lasts, like the buff states, for 15min unless someone affected by it is subject to a Stun, Silence or Disorient effect, at which the buff is consumed, much like fear ward."

Edited by Holyssa

im sorry for the late notice but i will not be coming to the Raid Tuesday or Thursday,Nor any of the other Raids., my life has recently been turned upside down and i feel that i need to re-prioritize my priorities heh, im very thankful for the fun times i could spend with you all and im sorry for leaving. i really don't like just leaving you all hanging, i feel like i kinda got the loot and am quitting, but please know that i think this is the best for me

I wish you all the best in all you do, i know you will go far, and let me go ahead and say grats on dropping Illidan! I'll be hopping on and off until my subscription runs out, my E-mail is dragonwcc@gmail.com if any of you wish to drop me a line down the road a bit.

Much <3

--Ken

But who's going to heal me when I screw up royally??

*cough*

...but yea, keep your chin up Bor. You're an awesome shammy, and it'll suck to see you leave like this :gruntcool:

Sorry for the double post, but I figure this was worth mentioning for people that didn't get their PvP trinket for Rage/Archimonde:

From http://www.mmo-champion.com/:

[Medallion of the Alliance] and [Medallion of the Horde] prices have been lowered to 8,000 honor.

Should make farming for this essential trinket much simpler. Don't let the old 16,983 honor price scare you off - it may take a day or so for data-miners to get caught up.

Got a heads up. Complications with the new PC have delayed my being able to get WoW installed. It works fine and it should be ok but my housemate won't be able to fix anything until he comes home from work which is really only an hour before the usual start time. So I probably will not be able to attend this evening.:gruntcool:

Sorry for the really short notice but this was not something that you can plan ahead for. I had fully expected to have it up and running by then but such is the way sometimes.;)

Edited by Zebgora

Got a heads up. Complications with the new PC have delayed my being able to get WoW installed. It works fine and it should be ok but my housemate won't be able to fix anything until he comes home from work which is really only an hour before the usual start time. So I probably will not be able to attend this evening.:gruntcool:

Sorry for the really short notice but this was not something that you can plan ahead for. I had fully expected to have it up and running by then but such is the way sometimes.;)

I know exactly how you feel. Remember when I was building my new machine a couple of months ago? Hopefully you can work the bugs out quickly and we'll have you back next week. In the meantime, I'll give Kael a punch in the face just for you. *HUGS*

In the meantime, I'll give Kael a punch in the face just for you. *HUGS*

AND PUNCH HIM WE DID.

Great job tonight, guys! Now for T6! Excelsior!

Edited by Eigun

In the meantime, I'll give Kael a punch in the face just for you. *HUGS*

AND PUNCH HIM WE DID.

Great job tonight, guys! Now for T6! Excelsior!

Punch? Pfft. We drop-kicked him down a flight of stairs practically. That last attempt was flawless.

In a way Im not surprised you did get him down, of course when I couldn't be there. :gruntcool: Maybe I was the weak link and guess I'll not get the chance to get my vial from Kael for that quest.;) And I was still looking for a wand upgrade off Solarion. Grats on downing him though, and if you still want me around next week I should be around.

Zebby I think we are doing it again 2 or three more times :gruntcool: doubt they would leave you out of your Vial quest after all the work you put in!

And I can say we now because I weasled myself in muhahahhahah

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Since we'll soon be tackling Mount Hyjal and Black Temple exclusively I've decided to close off this thread and start a brand new thread for that purpose. I think the SSC/TK thread has run long enough and it's time for us to have somewhat of a new beginning. So if you're interested in discussing anything regarding the main raid please post inside the new thread.

Also, you'll find I've shorten the main post, added the current content of the raid bank (more to come on this) and of course I've added the group formations/roles spreadsheet (as I promised I would).

There's still some work that needs to be done and I hope to get to it fairly soon!

Cal