SSC and TK raid info

Calendar

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Holy,

That's a good question and the answer's a little tricky. We've been doing such awesome progress in SSC and I really don't want to inhibit our chances of killing Vashj. I refuse to do like most guilds and simply "settle" for another 5/6 SSC & 3/4 TK raid. At the same time I'd rather not force people to constantly revisit the same content over and over again while bashing their heads in a wall trying to down 2 bosses.

After some discussion the consensus is this: 2 weeks. I'm giving us this week and next week to down Vashj. If we down her (or the 2 weeks have passed) then we will move on to TK exclusively until we hit 3/4. After that we will move onto a "farming" schedule to ready ourselves for Kael (or something of the sort).

This schedule isn't fixed and we're open to suggestions, but for now that's the game plan :stinker:

We've been doing such awesome progress in SSC and I really don't want to inhibit our chances of killing Vashj. I refuse to do like most guilds and simply "settle" for another 5/6 SSC & 3/4 TK raid. At the same time I'd rather not force people to constantly revisit the same content over and over again while bashing their heads in a wall trying to down 2 bosses.

Makes sense. Vashj is one hell of a challenge to overcome in a two-week time window though (grrr....Phase 2), but if we blow through SSC as quickly as we've been doing and avoiding little mistakes, I can see it easily becoming a reality, but Leo still scared the crap out of me.

If we down her (or the 2 weeks have passed) then we will move on to TK exclusively until we hit 3/4. After that we will move onto a "farming" schedule to ready ourselves for Kael (or something of the sort).

I'm kind of thankful Blizzard made the bosses in TK so simple in nature, although Al will take some practice, since there's still lots of things that can easily go wrong like the Flame Buffet/melee range bug.

If we can pwn a blind guy with razors, then a giant flaming chicken, purple robot, and the world's tallest T4 warlock (Solarian) should be cake.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say GREAT JOB last night, we took down 5 bosses in 3 hours and I'm convinced that we'll be able to get Vashj down no problem.

A few modification will be made to the group formations for this fight, so be ready for it.

A few other things that have changed:

- I've added the links to the instructional videos for Vashj and Kael'Thelas on the main post.

- I've added the macro for the tainted cores during the Vashj fight on the main post.

- The DKP system have been modified to reward players that remain on standby mode. We have a handful of *AWESOME* players that work with us behind the scenes to try and pick up the spots left whenever people say they *might* miss a raid, I feel that some compensation should be given for their time and effort. This new change will take effect starting Thursday Feb 6th.

I just want to echo what Calendar said: Last night was awesome!

Three hours of "Pounding Vaj" will give us alot of time to work on things!

SHOW UP PREPARED!

1. Watch the instructional video.

2. BRING CONSUMABLES. Flasks are best as we will probably wipe a few times, and you dont want to have to replace an elixir every time. Food buffs too!

3. Be prepared to adapt and Agame.

I also want to thank our backups as well, particularly Uglutz and Guilozak. They both are almost always available at a moments notice, and have given unselfishly of their time to help us.

- Bar, your slavedriver

Additionally I would like to say great job and Thank you for the 2nd piece of tier 5, 6 extra seconds on regrowth ftw! We will Down vash Thursday I believe with the progress this Raid has made in the short amount of time. I have extra mark of illidari so PLEASE send me a mail and I will send you 1 for thursdays raid. I can't even use them on this guy cause Im not exalted with scryers.

Thanks to Calendar and Baracko, its not easy to organize a sucessful raid like this. Takes alot of behind the scenes work, hats off to you.

Agi

Edited by agimemnon

Tiny bits of advice from someone who's gotten some "Vashj" before (and believe me, it didn't feel very sexy):

- Keep TS clear unless you're performing a specific role: keeping watch for Tainted Elementals, announcing spawns (keep it simple, ie: "Strider North!" or "Tainted Southwest!"), alerting close-by players that you have a Tainted Core, etc. There's going to be a metric crapton of spam throughout the fight due to macros, so make the most of those ears!

- Keep at least 3 to 4 inventory spots open. Tainted Core icons look very similar to Healthstones or Netherwing Eggs, so don't waste time rifling through bags for em: target someone close by, and use the macro!

- For Phase 1, I suggest we paladins set up a Blessing of Freedom rotation on Cal. The longer he's stuck in place, the more damage we suffer from Multishots. In my last raid, we had the MT simply shout "freedom!" over TS if it became rooted in place, and the pallies would take turns setting him free. Free Action Potions are helpful too, but not recommended in case the tank needs to take a swig from health pots...that, and it will not remove the snare if the tank is already affected.

- You can pally bubble/Ice Block out of Static Charge. Be quick if you decide to do this, so you don't mistakenly zap your nearby friends.

- Phase 2 is one icky NPC zergfest. Zoom your camera out as far as possible so you can see your allies & important spawns. The more action on a platform you can see, the better. I personally use Improved Camera 2 to increase the zoom threshold without mucking with WoW's configuration too much, and I have a nice view of nearly the entire platform.

- A mage can Blink if it is holding a Tainted Core, but cannot make themselves immune to the Core's "snare" side-effect. Beware of this tactic though: make sure the path ahead of you is clear so you don't bump into a Strider or Naga cleave, and don't Blink too far away from a player that is close to a pillar.

- Spore Bats in Phase 3 can be killed by ranged classes, but we can only spend about 3 or 4 minutes taking them down before they become too numerous. After those first minutes, they spawn like rabbits, and it's imperative to unload upon Vashj before we get stuck in a sea of Spore Bat poop.

- In the event that something goes horribly wrong: die safely, and die swiftly. Make a dash for the west end of the platform and wait for death (not everyone can avoid this, but it's worth reminding people), so we can pop and rez quickly while we discuss tactics. Don't be brave and make a dash for the bridge. Vashj will chase you anywhere in SSC, including to the Elevator Monster.

- Turn on Free For All loot thresholds so we can interact with Tainted Elementals/Cores, but do NOT accidentally click Vashj's corpse when we down her. If someone is suspected of having butterfingers, quickly turn Master Looter back on during Phase 3 (if it can be helped).

Last time I edit this. No. Really. I think I covered all the bases. I'm gonna go back to work now :0

Edited by Holyssa

2. BRING CONSUMABLES. Flasks are best as we will probably wipe a few times, and you dont want to have to replace an elixir every time. Food buffs too!

I can make Mighty Restoration flasks for people who want them, today. *I will need mats, though I can probably provide the Fel Lotus for people who have trouble getting some* and I know several Crushers can make Relentless Assault flasks. I'll be available after Crikrunner's ZA run, or people can mail the requests to me and I'll mail the flasks back before I log off for the night.

I can make the Mighty Restoration flasks too and always have extra herbs and vials for mana potions on me during a raid.

Like Scryll says, the hard thing about keeping enough flasks is keeping enough fel lotus. :0

I think I have nearly a stack of Fel Lotus sitting in the bank waiting for discoveries. Hit me up if you guys need a few, I've gotten lucky the last few weeks in my herbing. :0

Edit: Spelling, however, apparently is an ability that is slipping away from me.

Edited by Guilozak

here is something to try out that might help with finding location and passing off the core..sends a pst and pings the map

/use Tainted Core

/run f=SendChatMessage w="WHISPER"c="Tainted Core"t="target"u=UnitName(t)if IsItemInRange(c,t)==1 then f("You have the "..c,w,nil,u)f(u.." has "..c,"RAID")else f("Can't throw core at you. Get close!",w,nil,u)Minimap:PingLocation(0,0)end

I have already mentioned this to Cal in an in-game mail that on Thurs, Feb 14 I promised I would attend a retro ZA raid in order to help some folks in our roleplaying community, new to raiding get used to the scene, so that in time we might start doing our own Kara runs.

I told him last week so I hope that is plenty of time to find a temporary replacement for me, as its only going to be that one night. And that was the only night that worked for a majority of folks as I also mentioned. Knowing my luck that will be the night you down Vashj but I wont mind it at all if you do. Or if not, I will be back and ready to go the following Tuesday :devil:

I sent you a pm, Calendar, but just in case.....

I, too, will miss the raid for one night only, Thursday, Feb. 14. I'm being taken out of town for Valentine's Day. :)

Woo hoo for surprises! I just found out a few minutes ago.

I, too, will miss the raid for one night only, Thursday, Feb. 14. I'm being taken out of town for Valentine's Day. :)

Woo hoo for surprises! I just found out a few minutes ago.

I'm gonna be celebrating V-Day with my Orcala Friday night, since we won't have to rush about & can enjoy the long weekend right after :)

I can see it now...

[Holyssa]: Where is everyone?

[Raid]: It's Valentine's Day. Everyone's "pounding Vashj". lawl

"Holyssa ponders at the empty raid roster".

[Raid]: Not THAT Vashj, noobcake.

Sorry, I had to say it ;).

Edited by Holyssa

To Kalea and Zebgora (and anyone else thinking of missing a raid in the future),

I really appreciate the heads up on letting me know you'll be missing, but if at all possible, I'd also like raiders to try and find their own replacements. Finding replacements is pretty hard to do, even with the connections I have and I don't feel like this is solely my responsibility.

So please, if you have a minute in game, try asking around a bit, see if anyone could replace you and let me know!

Thanks,

Cal

pounding Vashj > raid

er..

um..

yes, survey says: number 1 answer!

be on your A-game and keep conquering that "content" :)

Edited by Volonazra

To Kalea and Zebgora (and anyone else thinking of missing a raid in the future),

I really appreciate the heads up on letting me know you'll be missing, but if at all possible, I'd also like raiders to try and find their own replacements. Finding replacements is pretty hard to do, even with the connections I have and I don't feel like this is solely my responsibility.

So please, if you have a minute in game, try asking around a bit, see if anyone could replace you and let me know!

Thanks,

Cal

I'll see what I can do if you haven't already replaced me. Maybe you can grab the one and only Uglutz?

Hey Kalea,

I think he should be available. I'm just trying to get people into the habit of finding their own replacements (as opposed to relying on the raid leaders who already have plenty to do). If you see Uglutz around at some point make sure to ask him.

Thanks,

Cal

A few bubbles emit from a mud puddle. As you study the puddle, it turns out they were not bubbles, but eyes!

I'll be there!

The eyes disappear back under the muddy water.

A few bubbles emit from a mud puddle. As you study the puddle, it turns out they were not bubbles, but eyes!

I'll be there!

The eyes disappear back under the muddy water.

No need to tonight... it seems that many of our raiders have agro'd the Valentine monster, and as a result they will be courageously battling for thier lives in thier own 2 man groups this evening, leaving the rest of us quite a few short to pound some Vashj.

Edited by Kailand

... it seems that many of our raiders have agro'd the Valentine monster, and as a result they will be courageously battling for thier lives in thier own 2 man groups this evening, leaving the rest of us quite a few short to pound some Vashj.

Blessing of Protection, don't fail me now! :)