When the Expansion have landed..

Perthes

Will you stick with your main?

Will you create a SK to be your new main?

Will you change from one of your alts to be your new main?

I am not sure on WHAT im gonna do..

Heck..

Im uncertain if im gonna keep Perthes as my main when the expansion is released due to the drastic changes ive seen..

I will play my Hunter, Mage and Warrior to 80 to see of whom my new main will be.. If im not happy with either of them...I may then play my new Lowbie Rogue as my new main..

What will YOU do?

I have found the same identity problems also. Smedlock is my main, but I may have to grind up my 70's to 80 before deciding on what one will be my main. I had Smed in a good groove last year at this time, but then found that I had alot of schedule conflicts with the raids that where going on at that time. So, I ended up grinding a few others up to 70 and found that I liked them all. With the new DK class, that may also be a possibility as a main. I have messed with warrior warlock and DK on the beta servers. All of them have big changes ahead and all will be fun playing once I figure them out again. So far, your not alone in the quest of what will you do, once the expansion comes out.

Personally, I plan to stick with Bar first. Tear like hell to 80, and get back into raiding, then work on my SP that is *supposed* to be 70 in the downtimes to really experience the lore and the questlines. I want to see if I have what it takes to raid things BEFORE umpteen guides come out on the encounter.

I would like to toy with a DK once those two are done, but considering my previous record and the fact that DK's are going to become more populous than NE hunters, it probably wont happen.

Ultimately, this is all dependant on RL going straight to the crapper, or finding something else to take up all my time.

- Bar

Edited by Baracko

Hmmm, Tough call. I don't realy know where I stand on Who will be my main, I'm currently leveling a Mage whom i'l have in the guild at 60, then there's Tonac... And then DK, Which to be honest, is looking realy fun

ON the other hand, I have seen Frost videos from Beta, And it looks like a helluva time.

Hunters, I admit I was excited over the PTR changes, but then as I got more into it, and even saw a few more beta Videos of Hunters, I can't honestly say I'm over Excited over the changes :)

It's still quite abit away tho anyhow, Things still can and probably will change, Tho from what I'v heard and read about Enhan shaman.. well..

/comfort Bar

Since I don't have alts, I'll be sticking with getting the shaman to 80. You all are going to need someone to heal all those new Death Knights.

Holyssa will still have my undying love and attention. The changes to tankadins, while radical and life-altering to a degree, are something that I have grown quickly used to and adapted to long in advance. Even with all the wacky transformations she has undergone in Beta, the things Blizzard provided for the spec and class have renewed my love for the plate face-roller.

I'll definitely try a DK out for PvP's sakes, but not till long after Holy blasts to 80 and learns as much about Northrend as possible. Yea, there's still Beta, but it's a lot more fun to explore the frozen unknown with guildies and allies when the content is complete, as opposed to a ret pally named "Icriturpants" who keeps going AFK every 5 seconds because mom told him to clean his goddamn room, or get out of the basement for supper. >.>

My alts will receive similar love, but I'm stopping once the DK is leveled up...too many ways to kill boredom, not enough time in the day.

It's a tough call... I'll probably stick with kailand even with the craptastic job blizzard is doing to hunters, but then again warriors look really exciting from what I've read and heard.

Hopefully it is a more peaceful patch than BC. BC seemed to tear guilds apart, and even the Crushers felt a little of this. Stick together no matter what toon you plan on leveling. The grass isnt any greener on the other side, so to speak.

Kierthan will most likely continue to be my main, my first to 80, and stay holy at that.

I'm looking forward to giving the old boy a haircut and put him back to raiding.

There's been a lot of hubbub on the forums about the holy tree's lack of love in the expansion, but I'm more optimistic about the way paladin healing will play out at 80. That and I'm a masochist :)

Ghulesy and VickVick <aka world's worst Rogue> will probably be next in line to 80.

Unless Holy Pallies get some serious love, I'll be switching my main to my Shaman, Burana (who still stay elemental, though I might go resto if really really needed). Kadi will go Ret and be more of a PVP-type of alt. I could go Ret for raiding, maybe, but I don't like melee for raids, and with the DKs I'm not sure how useful a Ret pally would really be anyway.

Edited by Kadi

I still consider Scryll my main, even if everyone insists they only want my healer * :) Maube and Kailand* and that will continue in the expansion. He may well switch to Mutilate but he's still going to be focused on PvE. After I level him up I'll be alternating between my priest, druid, and warlock. Unless one of them really impresses me they'll probably hit 80 within several weeks of each other. Greenspring will probably go back to feral and will emphasize tanking, my priest will probably turn to a healing spec, and Ronstin will continue to curse everything in sight. He'll be staying affliction since Dark Pact is his one true love. That'll give me melee dps, ranged dps, a healer, and a tank. I'll be able to provide something for everyone. Scryll would probably also continue to be my main PvPer but since I have no interest in Arena that probably won't mean much.

As I fail at alts my Druid will be my main still, though depending on how bad everything Im reading is when it goes live is what spec Ill be. Hopefully with roots working indoors owls will be more viable in 5mans. That and Ill have 3 specs worth of gear to grind back up again. :laugh:

I am probably going to move Moggaro back to my main, and Jas to be a PvP alt as ret. I'm VERY unhappy with the holy paladin changes. As nice as having a HoT is. The nerf they gave us in exchange makes us almost obsolete. The spell power changes hurt. As now Ret, or Prot can heal almost as well in the same gear. But be able to do more damage, or have more survivability respectively. And they did nothing to fix the mana regen problems that have always plagued Paladins. I put up a suggestion to make spirit a viable stat for us, to at least assist with mana regen. (It would not be that hard for them to add spirit to some items.) As I cannot see how that would make us OP. As for the whole holy shock changes, while they are ok.. in arena.. the changes are pretty much worthless and SUPER mana ineffiencent in PvE making a key change worthless to raiders. Not to mention, raiders are really unable to benifit from things like Lights Grace which decreases the cast time for Holy Light. (which again in a raid setting is super mana innefficent) Another problem is the changes in blessings, the whole "hand of... yada yada" ugh. Talk about confusing. I like being able to put my 30 or 10 min blessing on.. and start heading in to kill things. The removal of Blessing of Salv, is going to hurt. especially high tier warlocks and hunters. If I do decide to stay Holy, I'll probably team with a good MS or prot warrior, and just mess around in arena. (since that seems to be where Holy Pallies are now destined to be. as the matches are short enough mana conservation does'nt matter)

I'm excited with the hunter changes. The core hounds and devilsaurs are just dps machines. The core hound is also going to be wicked in pvp. with that debuff that decreases casting time by 50% for 10 seconds. :o) Warlocks will now once again be breakfast food for Mogg! heheheheh

Gord is and always will be my Main. I've never really allowed the changes to get me down, honestly, I never really even analize them. I just adapt and move on. Having so many alts I've experienced the ups and downs of most classes and specs. I do believe that Blizzard makes a good faith effort at balance, and though slow as a City Government in enacting change when it is needed, it does eventually come. So I'll be hunkering down, Leveling Gord, and doing what I always do, farm for hours on end.

-Gordantell

I've never really considered any of "me" as a main, so I'll continue to just juggle between them depending on my mood or the task at hand. I'll likely do most of my heavier raiding as a death knight, but they'll all eventually make it up to 80. I never really plan out how I'm going to do post-expansion grinding character-wise...I have so many in my personal army because I enjoy the playstyle change that each brings.

I know now what im gonna start off with..

My Arms Warrior. She is 67 already and just hit Nagrand.. But will be 70 in no time.

When the expansion have landed then yeah.. Rakin will be my test subject to bring over to the new Icy cold land of Northrend.

I will take Remmetta to 80 leveling Holy as always she has never seen the dark shadow side and probably never will. I have to level my alts to 80 at some point, but that will come.