Ham Fisted Sow

Maube

Gosh my FPS is so bad now that it effects my dps I see.. Yikes.. I guess this weekend is gonna be used to try and update my drivers, if that doesnt fix it.. I guess a reinstall of my OS is next.

I know during the whole run i was at 3-7 or 8 FPS .. But I got 12 FPS when we wiped hahaha..

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scryll,

I'm planning on staying Disc for now and I'm fooling around with who gets Pain Suppression and who gets Power Infusion. After you said you don't need Power Infusion I did put it on Kleenk.

I *think* Lesedi lived more because every time Pain Suppression refreshed and she was in range, I dropped it on her. The times she died, she was out of range for the entire encounter (most boss mobs). Then again this could be a case of confirmation bias.

So there ya go.

In all seriousness, I wanted to add that on Voidreaver, when you see blue balls coming at your face, turn around and run STRAIGHT BACK towards the wall. Don't run side to side as it then puts you too close to the person next to you and there is a tendency to start clumping up... which is bad.

So be the anti-emo. It's down the road this time, not across the street! (Or in other words, front to back, not side to side)

I see what you did there.

Where's Karrock's macro when you need it? >.>

What did I do? <.<

And is this the macro you're thinking of? "I just shot something. It's coming."

>.>

AWesome job last night folks - even if we didnt Get Al'ar down - we got the dance down!

Well since the main raid ends tonight... was thinking maybe folks would like to raid on Wednesday AND thursday until the xpac =)

Let me know your feelings! I'm up for it - and I know a few others from the main raid who alt it up in the Hamfist raid are game!

AWesome job last night folks - even if we didnt Get Al'ar down - we got the dance down!

Well since the main raid ends tonight... was thinking maybe folks would like to raid on Wednesday AND thursday until the xpac =)

Let me know your feelings! I'm up for it - and I know a few others from the main raid who alt it up in the Hamfist raid are game!

Count Cresalia in. Bear in mind folks: this and all other BC-related dungeons are getting adjusted in the form of a 30% HP reduction to all mobs, and this is a perfect opportunity to adjust to all our new class changes post-patch. :)

Bear in mind folks: this and all other BC-related dungeons are getting adjusted in the form of a 30% HP reduction to all mobs, and this is a perfect opportunity to adjust to all our new class changes post-patch. :)

More Elemental sheep-breaking pew pew love! I'm in!

Kadi your avatar made me laugh my arse off =p

So far I havent heard a no - so please plan on two days of raiding this week! if you cannot make it Thursday let me know ASAP so I can find you a replacement - note that even if you cant make it on Thursdays regularly - dont be worried - your spot on Wednesday is assured!

Lets clean up TK SSC!

Kadi your avatar made me laugh my arse off =p
Lets clean up TK SSC!

Scrunchies for everyone! Including Kael. I saw him in MgT, and it's a tragedy how he let himself go.

Remember to dodge Lootreaver's blue balls after we kill A'lar tomorrow. They hurt!

I can't do Thursday. I had not had a chance to check back here and see what the plan was, so I didnt know you meant to run Thurs as well, so I went and made other plans that I really don't want to have to cancel. My appologies. ednesday however, I will be still be there as normal.

Not a problem Zeb - like I said it was kinda a spur moment decision on Thursday last week - Hopefully there will be enough interest that we can keep going as planned =) I know there will be fillins - but with the other raid now concluded - I am sure I can snag a few folks from there!

Ok as of today, I'm trying now to redistribute my warrior's talent points before the raid tonight. However I keep getting booted only to come back and have the talents be reset. :smurf: Is there something I'm not doing to set them?

Edited by Zebgora

Quick note to everyone...

PLEASE get your add-ons straightened out as much as possible before the raid begins. Standing around for 30mins because everyone and their weird uncle has some obscure add-on breaking is just not the way any of us would like to spend the evening. I've had to sit in raids for that long while two key members of a raid fixed their broken add-ons...and it sucked for the rest of the raid members. I do understand just how broken some of this stuff is, so I'm not asking for perfection (my entireUI is trashed, but I cobbled something together that works today)...just hoping to see folks in a "playable state" so we can attack things other than add-on bugs and a few trash mobs ;)

Ok as of today, I'm trying now to redistribute my warrior's talent points before the raid tonight. However I keep getting booted only to come back and have the talents be reset. :smurf: Is there something I'm not doing to set them?

Nope, when the continent crashes, it seems to do a mini-rollback (I've run into this several times now)...so just try again when you can get back in :(

Edited by Waldonnis

Well, talents are set so far it seems. Only now I can't see -any- chat in game. The chat bubble appears over the toon head but nothing appears in the chat window-_- No idea how to fix that since it seems I can't chat with anyone nor they me not even in tells. Ive tried relogging several times and its not fixing it. Seriously this really seems like more frustrations then its worth. I'll still try to do what I can tonight though.

As Holy mentioned yesterday.. TK might be our new playground if we wanna farm for the mount Ashes of Al'ar.

I for one was surprised last night on how fast and easy we did the encounters.. I was wanting to do more... my adrenaline was pumping hahaha..

Lets do Hyjal and BT next LOL then lets do Sunwell RAWR

I know i know.. calm down!!! BUT I WANNA DO IT NOW!!! okey okey.. im calm im calm :smurf::(;)

As Holy mentioned yesterday.. TK might be our new playground if we wanna farm for the mount Ashes of Al'ar.

I for one was surprised last night on how fast and easy we did the encounters.. I was wanting to do more... my adrenaline was pumping hahaha..

Lets do Hyjal and BT next LOL then lets do Sunwell RAWR

I know i know.. calm down!!! BUT I WANNA DO IT NOW!!! okey okey.. im calm im calm :smurf::(;)

*logs onto Kaerina*

/target Perthes

/use Tranquilizing Shot

*logs off*

Granted, monsters took a huge baseball bat to the knees with these changes. But the encounters themselves still require very precise coordination and teamwork to properly defeat without a full-scale zerg, Vashj and Kael being the worst of a bad lot. Yea, it'd be awesome to roflstomp T6 content with the HP nerf and all our new tricks (lol @ blowing up Molten Core in just under 1 hour last night), but learning through progression seems to be the best path for now, and people will need the gear from farming T5 to survive what awaits us in Hyjal/BT. We still got a whole month to play in the Outlands!

Just think of all the stuff poor Maube has to talk us through also if we rush blindly in:

-PvP Trinkets on Winterchill.

-Azgalor add control. (this was an utter pain in the @$$)

-Staying out of Archimonde fire. Oh, Tears. Don't get me going on the Tears.

-Burana becoming Supremus's new b*tch.

-Gurtogg's debuffs, Maube becoming reacquainted with him. I also hear he's bugged?

-Gorefiend Constructs.

-"Don't talk to Akama."

-Reliquary interrupt timing...

...shall I go on? ;)

*logs onto Kaerina*

/target Perthes

/use Tranquilizing Shot

*logs off*

Ah thankee thee.. I was just about to start drooling and well... a Sin'Dorei drooling.. is not a pretty sight.. Almost as bad as seeing my hair when I wake up in the morning.. Jeez.. Thank gawd for Scrunchies.

If this nerf keeps up.. i dont mind trying out Hyjal, BT and even Sunwell as an experiment to see how far we can go before we hit the wall so to speak.

But as we all know.. we need to know the fights.. Im just wanting to try and see those places before everybody moves to Northrend and wont look back until they are 80.

As I mentioned last night, check out the video that Tamzin and her guild made on Kael'thas: CLICKY.

It has five phases, and each has their quirks, so it's important to at least know what everyone's roles are in the fight. And believe me, EVERYONE has to be on their toes for this one...the Eye version of Kael'thas is similar to Magister's Terrace, but he ate his Wheaties since then and has a few friends along for the ride this time.

My tips from past experience:

Phase 1 - Advisors (part 1):

• THERE IS NO TIME LIMIT IN PHASE 1. There's no need to rush through this phase, so don't get stupid about threat and try to ensure that each of Kael's minions dies near where we want them to.
  • Don't stand near Thaladred...ever.
  • If we call for dps to be off, dps needs to be off. This goes double for the engineer when his toy debuff is on a tank. A toy'ed tank going into phase 2 usually signals a wipe.

Phase 2 - Weapons:

• I found that having macros ready for finding the weapon that you want to loot is helpful (you'll need to loot them ASAP once they die, and a few of them have VERY tiny circles to click on for looting, most often at the hilt).
    • Bow: /tar Netherstrand
    • Staff: /tar Staff
    • Mace: /tar Cosmic
    • Dagger: /tar Infinity
    • Sword: /tar Warp
    • Shield: /tar Phaseshift
    • Axe: /tar Devastation (nobody usually picks this up, but Mal might want to play with it this time)

[*]Save a spot on your action bars for using the weapon that you pick up, and this goes double for folks that loot/use the staff. Some of the weapons have an "on use" effect which will need to be triggered frequently and some of those have limited ranges, so keep that in mind if you are responsible for keeping those effects up on tanks or others.

[*]Tanks, be sure to move the weapon you're tanking out of the AoE pack right before it dies so that we don't end up with a pile of weapons in one spot (making it hard to loot the ones that people want). This isn't easy, but do your best.

[*]Rogue(s) need to be on their toes, both for interrupts and that stupid staff's abilities.

Phase 3 - Advisors (Take 2):

• This time, we get all of them at once, so prepare for funtime. Hopefully, we killed them in good spots during phase 1 :smurf: They should die more easily now with the weapon effects in play.
  • ALWAYS keep an eyeball on where you are in relation to Thaladred. The same rule applies about standing near him from phase 1. Also, if he's chasing you, don't run near Capernian...ever.
  • Tanks that get focused on by Thaladred while tanking another Advisor will need extra healing, so healers should be prepared.
  • Sanguinar needs to die before the end of phase 3...time matters in this phase, unlike phase 1.
  • I'm curious to see what they did with Kael's pyros, but prepare for the worst (especially healers).

Phase 4 - The Big Guy:

• Anyone with the Infinity Blade needs to use it on mind controlled folks ASAP and please, don't go buck-wild on your raidmates when doing so. I suggest wing clip (hunters) or shiv (rogues...be sure to OH-equip that dagger, of course). Also, remember that it's a "chance on hit", so you may need to hit them a few times.
  • Don't spread out too much to make it easier to get to you for removing mind controls. Crowd control (sheep, traps, etc) helps as well in pinning down the mind controlled folks so that the dagger folks can get to them before they can do too much damage to the rest of us.
  • Kael's shield...kill it fast.
  • Stay away from any phoenix that spawns, but kill it fast (ranged).

Phase 5 - The Big Guy Again:

• Avoid clumping up.
  • Don't fly too high or you'll crater when you land.
  • Lots of AoE damage in this phase, so healers will be busy. Help them out by doing your part with bandages, healthstones, etc.

Edited by Waldonnis

Now on to Lady Vashj...

I couldn't find my link to a video for this one, but Vashj is no joke either. While not the five-phase mess that Kael can be, she still has her tricks and the fight is all about controlling chaos. Individual performance is stressed in this one, so be on your toes. Overall, if we can keep things coordinated well enough, we'll see some folks toting new hats afterwards :smurf:

The Macro..test it BEFORE the fight begins:

/use Tainted Core
/y <------- TAINTED CORE TO: %t ! ! !
/s <------- TAINTED CORE TO: %t ! ! !
/script SendChatMessage("!!! YOU HAVE THE CORE !!!", "WHISPER", nil, UnitName("target"));

Much shorter batch of tips for Vashj:

Phase 1:

• Easiest phase. The faster we get through this, the easier it is on healing overall. With what I saw last night, this one should be very quick.
  • Root removals and tank swapping is key on this one, so if we happen to have paladins this evening, you've got your work cut out for you with HoF. Druids can shift out, but watch your mana (I'm talking to myself there :( ). Worst case, PvP trinkets can be helpful for tanks if absolutely needed.
  • Rogues, be careful about cloaking frivilously. You may get out of roots, but have it on cooldown for Static Charge. Use your judgment on when to pop it, but also be careful. Nothing sucks worse than being entangled and static charged next to your tank with cloak on cooldown.
  • If you're asploding from Static Charge, move away from other people. Healers need to heal anyone with Static Charge as well (it will kill them).

Phase 2:

• Four words: STAY AWAY FROM STRIDERS. Seriously, they're the biggest things on the platform..."I didn't see it" just sounds silly once you see these things (they look like bigger versions of Boglash or the Black Stalker).
  • Never throw the tainted core to the strider kiter....ever.
  • Melee on the platform should keep an eyeball out for loose elementals and finish them off before they reach Vashj. Don't ignore the strider advice when doing so, though.
  • Snares, roots, curse of exhaustion, even netherweave nets (tailors, there's a use for those) do work on striders. Use them if we need them.
  • Stay away from the front of the naga while they're being tanked (for melee and ranged). They have a nasty cleave that hurts.
  • Shaman and druid poison removal comes in very handy for poison spit from the tainted elementals...stay on your toes.
  • Have your Tainted Core macro ready. This goes for everyone since roles have not been assigned yet and you never know if you'll have to deal with a core.

Phase 3:

• Don't stand in bad stuff. In this case, it's green, so don't stand in green stuff.
  • Any remaining elementals, striders, and naga from phase 2 need to be killed off ASAP before dps swaps over to Vashj.
  • Same notes about entangle and static charge as phase 1. This phase is not much different from that one, except for the green bat poo.
  • Bat control folks...just do your best. It's a lousy job and they fly out of range quickly, but anything you can do really, really helps to buy more time.

Edited by Waldonnis

Now on to Lady Vashj...

I couldn't find my link to a video for this one, but Vashj is no joke either. While not the five-phase mess that Kael can be, she still has her tricks and the fight is all about controlling chaos. Individual performance is stressed in this one, so be on your toes. Overall, if we can keep things coordinated well enough, we'll see some folks toting new hats afterwards :smurf:

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/stream.php?i...p;stream=Google

Tamzin's Vashj Tutorial. Not the greatest quality, but it still gives you a general idea of what to expect.

My apologies for my absence last night, my system suffered a power supply failure. I didn't understand what had happened at first. The power light on the front of the system was blinking yellow like it was asleep. It's under warranty, but most likely I will not be waiting for it to show up on monday. I'm going to either dig around town for power supply or update my secondary system with WoW. In any case, I'm sorry for not being there for the final fight in The Eye.

Hope you guys kicked some butt - and hope you guys do so tnight as well. I fell down the stairs this morning and while I am fine minus some really big bruises to my person and my ego... but it hurts like fricking hell to sit in my computer chair for more then 20 minutes =(

Believe me - not how I want to spend the day.

Hope you guys kicked some butt - and hope you guys do so tnight as well. I fell down the stairs this morning and while I am fine minus some really big bruises to my person and my ego... but it hurts like fricking hell to sit in my computer chair for more then 20 minutes =(

Believe me - not how I want to spend the day.

Eek!! Hope you feel better! We do have a piece of good news...Kael'thas has been killed :sorry:

Good job tonight, all. Kael's all about execution, so the health nerf and buffs to our talents only help us make the fight shorter rather than win it for us. That being said, let's clean it up next week. A dead boss is always a good thing, but I know we can knock him out with less deaths next time around.

I always ask if there are any questions, and nobody ever asks any...but yet, I still see some confusion as to where to stand in each phase and so forth. PLEASE catch up with me privately if you're bashful about asking anything with the entire group around. There are lots of little things that we could be doing to make things go smoother (making sure folks are clumped up to catch mind controls during phase 4, keeping staff-equippers located well, safer healer positioning, and so forth). Sadly, I've been a bit under the weather myself and the strain of having to scramble for replacements tapped the will out of me tonight for going over the finer points...my apologies there.

Positives, though, are that everyone has seen the fight now and understands the phases better AND we've seen the big guy drop some robes :D Believe me, after you kill him a few times, it almost feels like it's hard to mess up. We'll get to that point in no time at this rate...and whap Vashj as well.

Side note: I'm one of those people that always tries to improve (both myself and the raid tactics), so don't look at this as a "glass half empty" post :p I'm very happy and proud of the kill...I just want more of us to see it while standing up and know we can do it with less chaos, time involved, and pain ;)

I want to apologize for the continued absences for the past 3 weeks. I apreciate everyone's patience and concern. I am steadily defeating this naisty bug. After the rest and the meds, it looks like I can come back next week ;) I look forward to see you all in TK next week :sorry:

P.S. I am glad to hear you are ok after a fall like that, Maube. Pwease be careful! *hugs*