Ham Fisted Sow

Maube

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated first post with the contents of our raid bank. READ UP ON THE LURKER FIGHT IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY DONE SO - AND ALSO LOOK INTO THE LEO FIGHT

If we're doing Leo first (RAWRGHL Tsunami Talisman), look at this movie for a good rundown of the fight, and a general idea of the chaos awaiting us:

Yet another wonderful tankadin-friendly fight, but it's very easy to goof up, pull aggro, and have a topless blood elf maniac hamfist us all.

No we are definitely sticking to Lurker - but without Gruul on Wednesday - we just may have our first peek at Leo

Tips for any warlocks not tanking Leo, especially affliction:

• After his first transition, only use one round of dots and only during his demon phase (use shadowbolts otherwise). I found the aggro wipes after his whirlwinds to be painful otherwise and the timers don't quite match up to his transitions at times unless you're (often too) early on applying them.
  • Be careful with ye ole "shadowbolt in the air" during whirlwinds. One of mine landed right after the aggro wipe and it was not good.
  • For the love of Thrall, stay away from him during his whirlwind. The bleed is NASTY and you can't drain enough to offset it.
  • While he does have an enrage timer, it's far better to be safe. Soul shatter will only buy you a threat reduction once per attempt, so don't get careless...and even then, it can (and often will if you're not hit-capped) get resisted.
  • If you have a pet out and get an inner demon, don't let your pet engage the demon at all. I doubt they have fixed it, but in the past, if your pet got the killing blow on the inner demon, you got mind controlled (since you didn't kill it yourself). You can easily handle the demon on your own, so just forget you have a pet.

My fellow prot warriors... make sure you get your DPS gear fully ready to go (enchants, etc) as we will be DPS for leo as Ascoli and a warlock will be the tanks. Read up on the fight, and get ready to pay attention to the whirlwind boss timers. We don't want to be the ones under the influence of MC (they will all laugh at us as they burn us down), so we need to be able to burn down our inner demons fast.

Good job on squishing Kiki...err, Lurker last night, but it looks like many people need to stop getting in the way of kraken vomit.

If you don't have some kind of boss mod warning you of his abilities (WTF is wrong with you?), Lurker will ALWAYS flap his fins and shake just 3 seconds or so before the Spout...plenty of time to jump in EITHER side of the pool water and remain safe.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Leotheras_the_Blind

^ Leo info. And some tips from a pally who main tanked him many moons ago...

-Searing Totems rock. Lay them out in a small cluster on the ramp leading to him, and it will give the tank (Ascoli?) plenty of time to grab him.

-Can't DPS your Inner Demon down? Casters should apply Wizard Oil, and throw some DPS pieces on without gimping their healing by too much. Remember: they take 65% more damage from Arcane, Holy (lol smite), and Nature attacks. If you can't kill the demon in time, it's a guaranteed death.

-Conserve your Misdirect cooldown for when he leaves Demon Form, if you can help it. It's a b*tch to pick him up even with the totems helping out.

-Something people did a lot when we hit 15% in the old raid was panic like we had butt pirates assaulting us. Sloppiness is NOT an option. Control DPS between Whirlwinds, top off the warlock tank, and common sense will help us pwn this crazy blind man.

-Please watch the movie in my previous post. Study Leo's behavior so you can best plan ahead & avoid getting grazed by Whirlwind. That bleed effect hurts more than anything else!

Edited by Holyssa

top off the warlock tank

Don't forget his pet too! Soul link with a fel hunter is huge for the warlock tank. If his pet dies, the warlock loses quite a bit, so keep that pet alive (some of the damage to the warlock is diverted to the pet with soul link, so even if it's out of the way, it will still require some healing).

Apologies for missing last night. I literally passed out after eating (stupid sugar problems) and didn't wake up until late.

My fellow prot warriors... make sure you get your DPS gear fully ready to go (enchants, etc) as we will be DPS for leo as Ascoli and a warlock will be the tanks. Read up on the fight, and get ready to pay attention to the whirlwind boss timers. We don't want to be the ones under the influence of MC (they will all laugh at us as they burn us down), so we need to be able to burn down our inner demons fast.

think Ive got Jalzin all set. For his DPS gear, he's the helm glyph of ferocity, Nethercobra leg kit, and the shoulder enchant from Aldor. And the rest of his gear should be enchanted as well.

Alright folks. A note on last nights raid.

I apologize for getting really ######y about the minor mistakes people made - HOWEVER realize that when they arent corrected they happen frequently which can often lead to a lot of unnecessary death. And when it is your sole job in the raid to chain sheep things... it really sucks to see your target get hit and then run around killing people.

Healers you did very well last night - I know it was rough in patches but you are all improving by leaps and bounds. Just need to keep Lesedi from dying to Spout ;) For the Leo Fight - I know this was the first time for most of you - something a few people in the raid seemed to forget. I do NOT want to hear about anymore harrassment from ANYONE as to performance during a fight that 3/4 of the raid have not seen before except in videos. I dont care that you have done it 15 thousand times - EVERY RAID GROUP IS DIFFERENT. We find what works for our group that might not work for another. I feel that the last attempt on Leo was VERY encouraging - considering two top DPSers were dead before Leo even spawned - I think with folks getting a feel for the fight he will be dead next week.

Healers need to spread out a little bit more I think and stay at ranged as much as possible - and melee Get out of range before the Whirlwind timer is up. Folks who got the inner demon - you did very well getting that target down - specially the two prot tanks who were demonfied. We just need to shore up our Hydross and Lurker and we are set to start conquering SSC. Leo is one of the harder fights and it really is going to take everyone at the top of their game (and maybe a little respeccing for our warlock tank =p ) Ranged - you really have to watch your aggro - when we call DPS off that means DPS OFF.

AS for the two drunken raiders - I have learned my lesson and the two are not going to be allowed to get drunk together on a raid night. Things were fun until they were taken too far.

If anyone has any concerns please dont hesitate to either PM me or chat with me in game - if I dont respond right away I might be afk or in an important fight - but know that I dont ignore folks.

Also dont forget anyone in the raid can access the Void crystals, patterns and nethers within - just better have that nether item made before the next raid and those enchants!

During the initial pull, please spread the three Broken adds out. The mana burn they use is a semi-wide AoE effect, and it looked like people took unnecessary spike damage from the crap.

Ascoli did excellent keeping Leo under control once he understood what to do (I've been keeping tabs on the man lately ;) ). DPS just needs to avoid being trigger happy from the get-go, and lay on him as best as they can with what little time they got to work with once Ascoli is under attack.

Searing totems...I know we are short on shammies compared to the previous raid composition, but they buy the tank just enough time to keep him under control even when one of his spells is resisted (which WILL happen, as per Holyssa's case long ago). Do what you can to keep them down!

I will take the blame for my share of the screw ups that I did during our run last night..

I did not get good sleep due to the issues that I know I caused so.. I hope that next time I will do even better..

I know that we learn from our mistakes and hopefully this is true to everybody that made a boo boo last night.

I want us to succeed together.

We all know that reading notes from other people and watching movies about how we do certain bosses only does so much, as you really wont know how it feels until you are there in the smack middle of it.

I think we did pretty good on Leo for our first times around.. But yeah we can improve Happy Birthday!

On a last note.. What have we managed to scrape together on these runs of patterns and other goodies Maube?

Hail Maube!

With the summer vacations coming to an end, I'd be available for your SSC run. Please let me know if you need an extra caster DPS (with the Shadow Priest regen).

Shelah

Err, I tried to view last night's WWS, but I keep seeing a message saying "This report has not yet been validated. Please log in with account Kailand (or officer) to validate this report."

Grr. Must number munch!

"Maube's Hamfist crits Leotheras the Blind for *censored* damage."

"Leotheras the Blind is afflicted by Will of the Hamfist."

Leotheras the Blind yells: "IT BURNS!"

"Leotheras the Blind dies."

Great effort last night folks, and grats to those who got their new T5 gloves. You earned them!

Edited by Holyssa

"Maube's Hamfist crits Leotheras the Blind for *censored* damage."

"Leotheras the Blind is afflicted by Will of the Hamfist."

Leotheras the Blind yells: "IT BURNS!"

"Leotheras the Blind dies."

Great effort last night folks, and grats to those who got their new T5 gloves. You earned them!

Maube's Hamfist is fatal. I would not want to be on the recieving end of it. Fear the Hamfist!

Good work all! Grats to those who recieved thier T5 Gloves! You deserved it! :dancing_smile:

Edited by Kieranna

Killing Leo more - now that folks are getting comfortable - shouldnt be hard to kill him then move on =) however - we may be going to poke some Murlocs in 2 weeks...

READ UP ON YOUR FIGHTS