SERVER CHANGE OPTION TOMORROW

Wolf

Would you like to transfer servers?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's the scoop. Blizzard has provided a server transfer option for Argent Dawn. No real time to think about it, as it's tomorrow (Wednesday). But open to guild stay or go. I vote stay.

I'm also for staying. I don't have any strong ties to AD outside of this group, so I don't have to consider that much if we do want to move as a group, but at least AD is a known entity and we seem to have a good mix of folks here (better the devil that you know...).

I know I'm a newbie in this guild, but I'm also a day one AD'er and I am not planning on leaving.

Edit: Let me quantify that statement. The people I've met and BG'd with in the skullcrushers are the closest things to friends I've come across on the Horde side. I dont know that we've hung together long enough to have reached friend status, but I have known them long enough to at least care about what happens to them in and out of the game.

I have no desire to go back to the aliiance, ever, even if their new race is the cats ass.

That being said, if the Skullcrushers as a whole, decided to jump together, I would go with you, but alone, no I have no intention of leaving.

Is that better Volonaza? =) Maybe the poll should be extended.

1. No I have no intention to leave, ever.

2. Yes, I will be leaving and theres nothing you can do to stop me.

3. Yes, but only if the whole guild as a whole agrees to move together.

Keep in mind this is still just a stop gap solution, and the new server is not RP, a key for me, becuase Ive done pvp, ive done pve, I like being able to strike up an IC conversation with people at random, AND guess what, the new server will be overrun with nubs and scrubs eventually. So basicaly youre damned if you do and damned if you dont.

Edited by Chrysalia

Abstain. There IS in fact some time to think about it. Reading is fundamental. >:0 Also, there hasnt been enough discussion nor fact found. I could easily transfer over, given that most of my concerns were met to my satisfaction. (see my posts on the NEWS board)

I dont understand those that simply put "Been here since day one, im staying." Without details you seem to me much like those fools that live knowingly in the path of hurricanes:"Im stayin right here dag nab it. I been born 'n raised right here. OH NOES I cant believe the hurricane took everything i had." :p

Just kidding, Id like to here more reasons why. Convince me to stay.

reasons?

Convince you?

Umm hate to say it this way, but seeya.

I don't think it is anyone else's job to convince anyone else to stay here.

My reasons for staying are simple. I have friends here. It is an rp server; where I have struck up conversations with other players at random, in character, which is quite diffferent than other games where rp is just a couple of letters out of the alphabet, and has nothing to do with how you play.

In the end, if you want to move, then do so, if you want to stay, great, but don't expect other people to convince you to stay.

Ok Boss. Basicly I am comfortable here. Other than the Queue issues (which should be much better after the transfer and after people who got the game for christmas use up their free month) I have had no problems here. I like the RP feel to the server even if it's not heavy. I like the fact that I don't have to buy linen from a tauren hunter named POOHEAD or YOURMOMSUCKS.

It may seem silly, but after playing in SWG on the ol' Eclipse server and seeing names like Tupacca and Canibustokesdabong, things like that actually make a difference to me.

Just my thoughts. If the guild decided to go as a whole then I'd have a real tough decision to make. You all should know from our last guild meeting how much I love being in this guild and that I would not want to leave.

I voted No. If it was an RP Server and not a PvE server, I would vote maybe. For a few reasons…: insulting/nonrp names, l33t speak, lack of spelled out words, little to no roleplaying, no imursement (how do you spell that??) in the game.

My vote is to stay. Mainly for the same argument as Walorin and his experience with SWG. If the new server was an RP I might be a little more inclined to consider it.

I have no intention of going back to seeing characters with names like "Hordeizthasuck" and guild names like "Im with Stupid" and "Robot Kitten Happy Train" ((yes these are real, they were on my old server of Tichondrious))

Transfer is an easy way to solve some of the short term problems we have on AD but when the novelty of the transfer wears off we would be stuck in a pile of crap that no one would be happy with and no way to get out of it.

I vote to stay. Simple case of opportuhity costs.

The advantages of AD, already listed by everyone, outweigh the queue line disadvantages for me:) At least fer now:)

I vote to stay. Simple case of opportunity costs.

The advantages of AD, already listed by everyone, outweigh the queue line disadvantages for me:) At least fer now:)

As I am just starting out I dont have the same attachment as you guys so I shall go where everyone else goes, I would just like to be where the guild is so I vote stay as that is the majority.

I voted stay also. Some of the reasons others have given are my reasons as well -- although I am new to RP, I do think being on an RP server makes for a better gaming experience. I was unsure about it when Kaer and Naz talked Tainish and me into rolling characters on this server, but I really like it now.

I hope the guild stays here, that would be my preference also. I've come to really like so many of you (even the cows!).

As I have stated before I won't move Grym away from a server that Kaer, and his wife are on. Even though they are not in CS anymore, they are very close personal friends. I would prefer to have the Crushers stay as I have many friends amongst you as well, and most of my play time is spent with Crushers. Also, I think CS would be better served to stay where we have lots of ties, instead of jumping ship and having to start rebuilding because no matter what like myself some people will not leave.

Being that so many people have voted to stay, myself included, I think that is where the bulk of the guild is staying... a few people who are wanting to leave, well i am not going to hold anyone back! Wishin the best of luck and all that =)

My Xfire handle is maube! so we can keep in touch!

.. NO matter what the final decision is I am staying.. that being said I will actually give you a decent list on why you would be insane to leave.. =0

1)Q's have actually gone down, when they move the people out they will go down even faster.. Given time all the servers will end up screwed an back in q's again.. I know its a bit away yet but once the expansion comes the poor servers will again be pressed like hams back onto their knees.. =)

2)Its not a roleplaying server, which seems to me to be against everything the crushers stand for.. RP is the NORM, not the option normally guild wise.. If this was about moving to another RP server that would be another issue, having to deal with a exodus (most of the people joining the new server will be PvE) of ' d00ds' who will spam general with ` rp is ghey ' isnt something I want to see.. Sure you often see OOC chatter in general but alot of the times people tend to stick to RP, an you will actually see people trying to enforce it which is nice.. I bet the second you go RP you will have ' the best of the servers ' flaming you like no tomarrow.. There really is a different mentality in non-rp servers.. I have a few alts on these servers an though its not ' bad ' it is diffinitly different an I dont think it fits in with us that well..

3)Most of people who are gonna be heading there are gonna be the powergamers, or as waldy stated the ones who want to ' Pwn'.. There has been some rattlings about us being elitist but wait till you see what kinda groups form up on the new server.. Dont get me wrong for every idiot there will be 9 good people but for reason they seem to sink to the bottom an the ' cream ' shows.. =)

4)We have a great reputation here on this server, an in the recent months it seems to have only gotten better.. Why risk losing all the non-crusher connections an good word of mouth to flee over to a new place? Where we will have to re-establish ourselves all over again.. I think a decent number will choose to head over there, so that will leave a void that needs some filling.. =)

5).. uhm.. i dunno there are more but my head hurts so i cant really think of it.. I just have nightmares of 'blackrock ' infested chatter, an ' pwnage ' toons running amock.. =)