Mount Hyjal and Black Temple Raid Information

Calendar

Teron Gorefiend Information

The tactics we're going to use can be found here --> Tactics Link

The group assignments for this fight can be found here (at the bottom of the page)--> Group Link

Here is a drawing to help you understand the setup. To clarify, we enter from the back of the room. Cal will walk in, grab aggro, and tank on the stair with his back to the door.

TeronGorefiend.jpg

The flash game to help you learn the ghosts is located here --> Simulator

If you're having trouble with killing the ghosts, the tactics link above gives a detailed description of what to do.

Here is a video from BotB to help you see what to expect/do with the ghosts -->

Notes of special interest:

- If you use a bar mod, and your petbars dont work, YOU WILL WIPE THE RAID (unless you have the spells macro'd). Get those bars in order.

- The first person to get the ghost debuff will go to the LEFT SIDE FIRST. The second will go to the RIGHT side. Therefore, the ghost debuff side order will be left, right, left, right, etc.

- When your ghosts are dead, put a shield on one of the priests or the MT, then help the next ghost person kill their ghosts.

- Positioning on this will be VERY IMPORTANT. Make sure you know the drawing. If you are one of the ranged DPS/Pallies, make sure to stay with the group. CHAIN HEALING/CoH is KEY to this fight.

If you have any major questions, please ask Cal or I before raidtime, so we can help you.

Edited by Baracko

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In response to Baracko's post regarding Teron...I cannot stress this enough; PLEASE try out the simulator!!!

Try it until you succeed, it really isn't that difficult! If you're finding it too hard it's likely because you're not using the right approach (I had this issue as well). Read up on the tactics a bit and you'll see it becomes MUCH easier if you use the right skills.

You should only be needing 2 abilities:

- Spirit Chains

- Spirit Lance

The success of the Teron fight is directly related to the raid's ability to inform themselves and read/practice tactics beforehand!

In response to Baracko's post regarding Teron...I cannot stress this enough; PLEASE try out the simulator!!!

Try it until you succeed, it really isn't that difficult! If you're finding it too hard it's likely because you're not using the right approach (I had this issue as well). Read up on the tactics a bit and you'll see it becomes MUCH easier if you use the right skills.

You should only be needing 2 abilities:

- Spirit Chains

- Spirit Lance

The success of the Teron fight is directly related to the raid's ability to inform themselves and read/practice tactics beforehand!

And as Bar posted earlier (ie - somewhere back on page 5...I'm trying to save the link from getting lost among the clutter), there is a nice movie by AD's Bradaek which shows exactly what happens when the constructs spawn, and how to deal with them. Watch it here, or I'll make Orcala sit on you & go AFK:

*plays the game one more time before leaving work* >.>

Edited by Holyssa

Gurtogg Bloodboil Tactics

The link for the tactics we're going to use can be found here --> TACTICS

The link for the multiple group formations can be found here --> GROUPING

*** Please pay extra attention to this, especially if you are in a Bloodboil group! **

This is a video showing more or less what I expect to see happening --> Gurtogg Movie

** Note where/when everyone clumps together and when they dont! **

Here is the plan for Phase I:

GBBDrawingPosition1.jpg

Notes for phase I:

- The order for the BB groups will be as follows: ( the BB groups are listed on the link above! )

Diamond

Nipple

Square

Diamond

Nipple

--> Fel Rage

** Once you have your debuff, move back into the main group.

- Karrock will use his MD at the beginning of each phase I. Kailand will throw quick MD's on Holy when we switch tanks.

- DPS MUST STAY BELOW THE TANKS ON THREAT!

Here is the plan for Phase II: ** We must spread out before the beginning of phase II!! **

GBBDrawingPosition2.jpg

Notes for Phase II:

- Once the Acid Geyser is cast, melee can move behind Gurtogg. DPS can go all out as there is little chance of you stealing aggro.

- Spreading out BEFORE the beginning of phase II is key, as the AOE effect can kill those with the BB debuff easily.

- At the end of phase II, everyone groups back up into the Phase I setup.

RAWR! Ask Cal or I about any questions before the raid!

Edited by Baracko

If there is a Disc. priest among us with Pain Suppression, it will make Phase 2 ezmode.

"Pain Suppression

8% of base mana 40 yd range

Instant cast 3 min cooldown

Instantly reduces a friendly target's threat by

5%, reduces all damage taken by 40% and

increases resistance to Dispel mechanics by

65% for 8 sec."

Hey Douches-

Would there be any interest in setting up an off-day trash farming run in Sunwell?

I think a lot of people had a good time the other day when we went and bs'd around with archi. Figured we'd have to be uber enuff for some of the trash in there...so we can just take a couple hours of relaxed kill time with opportunities for loots....there are a few great drops for folks and it would undoubtedly help out. plus more new crap to see..

Sorry for the Jr raidleader comment

clear ts.

K

Would there be any interest in setting up an off-day trash farming run in Sunwell?

I'm not interested, personally, but I'm sure there will be some that are. Trash is dull, bosses are fun...no boss attempts = no fun for me ;) Plus, doing resets in series for a raid instance is a pain in the rump.

clear ts.

K

lol

Most likely not. Amount of time vs. possible reward = loss.

We have other things we probably need more, like getting the newer folks their vials and neckpieces.

I dont think anyone would stop you if you wanted to try and organize on an off day, but most of our folks are involved in SOOOO many things.

Edited by Baracko

I would be willing to go along if needed to help get vials and/or neckpieces ;)

I'd love to take some more shots at both. I needz moar drops!

Gorefiend Macros for The Gimped:

Individual Spell Macros

Macro #1

(Spirit Volley) <---don't include the parenthesis bit in the macro!

/cast [target=pettarget] Spirit Volley

Macro #2

(Spirit Chains)

/cast [target=pettarget] Spirit Chains

Macro #3

(Spirit Lance)

/cast [target=pettarget] Spirit Lance

Pros:

Custom macros for each of the ghost's powers.

Cons:

Only useful if you have a custom UI or pet bar problems.

Tab Cycling Macro:

/script SetCVar("targetNearestDistance", 20)

/targetenemy

/cast Spirit Lance

/script SetCVar("targetNearestDistance", 41)

Pros:

This will automatically cycle through all four ghosts, and shoot a Lance at each one once, providing they are within range.

Cons:

It's not very spammable due to the global cooldown on the Lance. Hit it once, time your cooldowns, then hit it again!

Mouseover Macro

/cast [target=mouseover] Spirit lance

Pros:

Bind the Lance to a mouse hotkey, and voila - all you gotta do is click and tab.

Cons:

Not very handy at the start of the fight unless you have a lot of free buttons, especially if you're a healer.

EDIT: Added some clarification to some of the macros, fixed typos.

Edited by Holyssa

Definitely up for getting my Vashj vial ;) although - I run an SSC group on wednesdays and well - we have only gotten Hydross and Lurker thus far :thumbsup: but if we can get a group on a weekend I'd love to use that ID to give us a straight shot to Vashj hehe

Thanks for putting up the macros, Holy.

FOR CLARIFICATION ON LAST NIGHT'S LEARNING:

1. Ive double checked when we need to spread out -

Acid Geyser: 5k nature damage 5 yard AoE on and around the Fel Rage target at the start of phase 2

2. That being said, the rotation for phase I is as follows (so you understand what's happening)

Diamond

Nipple

Square

Diamond

Nipple

SPREAD OUT

--> Fel Rage

3. In phase II, once the fel rage target is noticed, try to take a coupla steps towards each other so CoH and Chain Heal can do their work. There will still be alot of debuffs going on!

IN REGARDS TO THE FLASK ISSUE:

Eigun made a valid point about the flask not doing a damn thing for him and the other agility users. That was my mistake for being shortsided. I just hate seeing people have to use so much, even though it is necessary. MAKE SURE YOU BRING ENOUGH FOOD AND FLASKS/ELIXIRS FOR EACH ATTEMPT. *glances at Orcala*

Bottom line: Flasks are more efficient, use them if you can... just use something, or I will eat your soul. >;p

Edited by Baracko

IN REGARDS TO THE FLASK ISSUE:

Eigun made a valid point about the flask not doing a damn thing for him and the other agility users. That was my mistake for being shortsided. I just hate seeing people have to use so much, even though it is necessary. MAKE SURE YOU BRING ENOUGH FOOD AND FLASKS/ELIXIRS FOR EACH ATTEMPT. *glances at Orcala*

Bottom line: Flasks are more efficient, use them if you can... just use something, or I will eat your soul. >;p

;) Yes I ran out of buff food/scrolls/potions fast and btw that flask or relentless assault is kinda crappy and hard to get... but anyway i'll have Cal make me more weightstones once I grab the mats. Thanks Eigun for helping me out after I ran out :thumbsup:

I have had ZERO time to farm lately due to being busy IRL and forget buying flasks on the AH! Killing animals for buff food is free though and I have tons of it in the bank. Is there anyone in raid that can make flasks for dps melee?

I wants some gems, plz.

And I'm sure other people do, also.

So, here's the proposal: Instead of me buying the gems from the AH and the money disappearing into the ether, how about I buy excess gems (if we have them) from the raid, and we can use that money to buy hearts of darkness?

Right now I'm looking for a Pyrestone (orange) and a Shadowsong Amethyst (purple).

I'd rather give the raid money then give it to a stranger.

Definitely up for getting my Vashj vial ;) although - I run an SSC group on wednesdays and well - we have only gotten Hydross and Lurker thus far ;) but if we can get a group on a weekend I'd love to use that ID to give us a straight shot to Vashj hehe

i still could use both vial's i would love to help on a weekend or what not

clear ts.

K

lol

Most likely not. Amount of time vs. possible reward = loss.

We have other things we probably need more, like getting the newer folks their vials and neckpieces.

I dont think anyone would stop you if you wanted to try and organize on an off day, but most of our folks are involved in SOOOO many things.

This is what I found while researching gear upgrades:

Ever hear of Sunwell trash farming group? google it.

You dont need to be in t6 to farm this ######.

All you need it is minimum 5 mages, 1-2 good t4-t5 tank, good aoe healers.

DPS doesnt really matter. You can do this with 12-15 ppl.

Have a hunter MD the 1st pack AVOIDING the Sunblade Protector. (The protector cast chain lightning non stop for 4k, impossible to take down in a small raid)

Sheep all targets and except 1 (healer) and burn it 1 by 1 while keeping the rest sheeped. Loot it.

Proceed with 2nd pack. Repeat the same thing and loot it.

Run out, disband raid, switch another raid leader and reform raid.

Rinse and repeat.

My server does this Pug all the time to farm new leet patterns, epics, sunmotes and gems.

Ya. Shivering Felspine drops like candy too. In fact, it drop twice in one run last 2 weeks ago.

Its not that hard.

Note: Its important to kill the 2nd pack coz it contains a different variety of mobs including Archmage.

The Archmage likes to drops stuff from what i have observed.

I know the chest pattern and weapon are best for Hunters atm. Please look into trash drops for your classes. I am sure a few of the Ani will be interested in this, so I may try to form an exploratory group just to check it out. Don't know what day/time yet, but I will update. If you are interested, please pst me in game.

K

I have done this - and I just want to say.. it is extremely boring for VERY little return. I did it for 2 hours - and we had a whopping 4 gems drop.. not even enough for one for everyone there. SUre maybe other groups have better luck - but I know we didnt and let me say as a mage... chain sheeping is VERY boring - and if someone accidently breaks sheep - you get dead mage.

So count me out of this ;) but best of luck to you!

I have done this - and I just want to say.. it is extremely boring for VERY little return. I did it for 2 hours - and we had a whopping 4 gems drop.. not even enough for one for everyone there. SUre maybe other groups have better luck - but I know we didnt and let me say as a mage... chain sheeping is VERY boring - and if someone accidently breaks sheep - you get dead mage.

Maube-as I said, this is just an explaratory group. Everyone knows that trash drops are not guaranteed-you go in there for 2 hrs and get nothing, the next hour three things drop. Your case seems bad, but if you figure 4 gems X 400 gold =1600 gold/25 ppl = 64 gold/person. For a crappy night we cover repairs/consumables.

This subject is not related to our current raid in BT, so I do not want to continue this discussion here. If you are interested in doing this, let me know in game. If not, I don't want to know.

;)

K

Maube-as I said, this is just an explaratory group. Everyone knows that trash drops are not guaranteed-you go in there for 2 hrs and get nothing, the next hour three things drop. Your case seems bad, but if you figure 4 gems X 400 gold =1600 gold/25 ppl = 64 gold/person. For a crappy night we cover repairs/consumables.

This subject is not related to our current raid in BT, so I do not want to continue this discussion here. If you are interested in doing this, let me know in game. If not, I don't want to know.

;)

K

On a lighter note, did everyone know Harne is a cross-dresser? >.> <.< *ducks*

Fantastic job last night, folks. Its absolutely great to see us get to Bloodboil and make serious attempts on the first night of the week.

Now, that being said, make sure you have your consumables, AND READ THE NEXT POST for Reliquary strat. It will take too long to explain in game.

;)

Reliquary of Souls Tactics

Beginning notes:

- Healers want to stack +heal, not Mp5. ADJUST YOUR POTIONS ACCORDINGLY

- Between each phase, there will be ghosts that spawn to recover our health/mana.... everyone will clump on each other and AoE them down.

- General raid layout will be the tank right under RoS, with melee at Max range, shaman/priests in middle to max CoH/chain heal, and casters behind. CLUMPY!

Here is video to help you visualize whats going on -->

** Observe how nice and clumpy they are**

This is a 3 phase fight, each with distinctive properties:

Phase I

- Healing effects reduced by 100%

- Regen effects reduced by 100%

- Armor reduced by 100%

- Defense reduced by 100%

---> = HEALING IMPOSSIBLE.

- Fixate - debuff cast on closest player to RoS every 5 secs.

AKA: The closest target has aggro!

- Enrage - every minute, he enrages for 15 secs doing 3-4k per hit.

- Soul Drain - Randomly targetted spell which deals damage and drains mana: 2,500-3,400 damage/mana drained every 3 seconds. Lasts 30 seconds. Dispellable. Resistable.

- Our plan for phase 1:

1. 3 Tanks which alternate: Cal, Holy, and Orcala.

- Current tank will stand right under RoS. Other two just behind. When tanks switch, current tank takes a step or two back, next one takes a few forward.

2. Rest of the group will cluster behind the tanks, melee up front at MAX RANGE, priests and shaman in middle, casters behind.

3. On Enrage, 1 Rogue will step up to EVASION TANK that enrage, standing where the tank should be. DO NOT VANISH TO LOST AGGRO. Just step out.

- Order will be Elrikk, then Nazdregg, repeating.

4. Priests should cast PW:S freely, esp. on Rogue evasion tanks as they go in.

Phase II

AKA SuperHeal Phase.

- Damage dealt returns 50% damage to you. (i.e. I do 2 damage to him, he does 1 to me.)

- Healing taken increased by 100%.

- Decreases Max Mana over time. At 160 secs, mana is completely drained from raid.

- Deaden - debuff cast on primary aggro target increasing damage by 100% for 10 secs. Can be spell-reflected or Interrupted.

** We want to spell-reflect it to increase damage done to RoS.

- Spirit Shock - Disorient-type attack that deals 9,200 to 11,000 on the main aggro target. Each time EoD successfully casts a Spirit Shock, the cast time decreases and the spell disorients the target for 5 seconds, thereby causing a tank switch. Must always be interrupted. 1 second cast time. Cast every 5 seconds.

** Rogues will be our key kickers, melee shaman and mages will back them up. If anyone else has an interrupt, feel free!

Rotation:

1. Elrikk (Baracko backup)

2. Nazdregg ( Maube/Zeb Backup )

- Rune Shield - self shield that absorbs 40k damage, immunity to melee. Can be stolen/eaten by felhunter. GET IT OFF FAST!

Our plan:

1. Get in good positioning. Only Cal should be close. All melee at max range, everyone else clumped behind.

2. Heal like crazy.

3. DPS fast.

4. Stay under Cal's aggro. ;p

Overall: This fight is a dps race. Watch your aggro, though!

Phase III

- Shadow damage tick done per tick which doubles with each tick starting at 103. Increases damage dealt by players by 5% each tick.

Ex: 103, 206, 412, etc.

- Seethe - After aggro switch or taunt ability usage, EoA gets a 10 sec buff increasing attack speed by 100% and size by 20%, the raid takes a 10 sec debuff increasing threat gained by 200%.

AKA: MT must NOT LOSE AGGRO.

- Soul Scream - 5 targets in a 10-yard frontal cone take 2625-3375 shadow damage plus 4375-5625 mana/rage burn (every point of mana/rage burned causes 0.5/100 damage), 10 sec cooldown

- Spite - 3 random targets get a debuff which grants 6 sec immunity, then deals 7444-7556 nature damage followed by another 2 sec immunity

Our plan:

1. At beginning, Cal runs in and turns RoS facing away from the raid. (this is the only phase we do this!)

2. Set up in same clumpy positions.

3. At about 20 seconds in (after second Scream), hunters misdirect and everyone use all cooldowns, still staying below Cal's aggro. We steal aggro, we lose.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT CONSUMABLES WITH YOU!

We have the dps and healing to make this work easily. It'll just take a little practice. Lets get her down!

- Baracko

Edited by Baracko