Home Stretch

Maube

Well the baby is starting to drop, I am no longer carrying around a beachball - it is more like an elongated washingboard or soemthing - and the measurements are shrinking.

Good news is my BP went down after laying on my left side in the doc's office for about 15 minutes, the 150/98 was kinda scary there for a minute. So the doc has me on modified bedrest for the rest of the term. No long car trips, no excitement, no stress. So it is doubtful I am going to be signing into WoW, but of course that depends on how addicted I really am :D. However I will troll the forums and stuphs =)

And being that I am starting to get lots of pelvic pressure - sitting at the computer is not comfortable anymore, actually laying down or standing up isnt either =p

hard to believe it has been 9 months already... I remember how excited I was gushing in the Molten Core run that I was preggers =) Heck I think Smedlock found out before Kat did (damn him and his always talking to his best friend at work!)

I am just relieved that I dont have pre-eclampsia. I will keep you all up to date... even if you really dont want to know =) :0

*huggles tight* I remember when I got a whipser from you "I'm preggers!" :D Doesn't seem like it's been 9 months already! Damn! but that blue bunny moved quickly across that time line! Anyway.. I'm so happy for you both, I'm sure you're both nervous and excited as hell! Can't wait to see his first pics! :0

Good to hear your BP is down it was up pretty high there....but that stuff is all weird at this time in your pregnancy>

Yes keep us posted...You two make sure to take care....im so excited for the both of you :D ...

Ps Dont for get the forth is a good day :0 *winks* I dont mind sharing my birthday

Gwen

Hehe - well only he will decide what day he wants to be born =) Unless he goes past my due date and the Doc induces (which I REALLY dont want)

Because of the worry over my BP doc didnt check to see if I started to efface or dialate yet, but I do know I am getting the Braxton Hicks a LOT more often. And the cats are pushing up against me purring. They always seem to know something is up. Having three cats smoosh up against you and have a purring contest is actually very soothing =)

have my mominlaw doing my laundry - have the bills on autopay this month - and my hospital bag is packed and ready to go. I am still nervous about the delivery and whether or not Kat and I will be good parents - but those are normal fears.

My only regret... I didnt get my hair cut before the doc put me on bedrest. Maybe I can convince my mom or mom in law to take me out to get it done this weekend. For those that didnt know - I am chopping off all my hair (well 10inches of it) to donate to Locks for Love. Not an easy thing for me to do =) I've almost always had long long hair. Shortest was shoulderlength and 10 inches will bring it to just touching my shoulders. Kat is thrilled but I know I will have a rough time dealing with the loss :0

Just in case I dont get to chat with all the women who helped me through the rough patches in the pregnancy - thank you soooooo much for your support advice and general well wishing. To the poor guys, mainly Smedlock - Waldy - Ghulesy - Tainish - Stinky, who got to hear pretty much EVERYTHING that was going on with my body, thanks for not squirming away like Kat :D And everyone else who put up with my mood swings, my chatting about strange bodily functions etc., it is much appreciated =)

Baby day is almost here!

Btw Gwen, you already share the birthday with Huato's son Drake I think, however my sister really thinks I'll have the baby on the 4th. (which is my next OB appt) Of course Kat wants the baby on a Friday so he can have Friday/Sat/Sunday off from work. =)

Vrugz Version:

Read it you Liddle Panzie!

Woohoo coming into that home stretch! I'm so very glad you ended up not having the preclamsia, that's not good stuff. And hurrah that your BP also dropped!

Even if you don't get your hair cut before the baby is born, I'll tell ya I kept my hair in a ponytail or braid all the time. Those chubby baby fingers GRAB and PULL and golly that hurts.

You better keep posting, silly girl, keep us updated.

/pokes Katak hard in the ribs

Get in there and rub her feet or something!

Grats there Maube! We'll be anxiously awaiting the news!

I agree w/ Qiris, keep the hair short and back, baby fingers . . . well kids fingers till they hit 3 or 4 are alwys gonna be in it. Hell my daughters six and she still plays with mine. Half the time I'm playing or when she says "Hi" while we're raiding is cause she thinks its funny to braid Dad's hair while I'm to distracted to repeatedly tell her no. :tease: Besides, locks of love is a great organization, I send mine to them every time my hair gets to about the middle of my back.

I'll keep you guys in my prayers.

::giggles:: I just want him to come out healthy! I tell you - the Braxton Hicks are not the most fun things in the world. Specially at 3am when you wake up and cant decide if it is a real contraction or just a practice one. Last night was miserable - was just about to fall asleep when some random person kept calling us hanging up calling us and hanging back up. 11pm why do people do ###### like that><

Made me get out of bed to check the caller ID (since my dad did go in for a biopsy yesterday you never know) and it was someone I've never even heard of =p

::giggle::

Oh trust me, when you have an honest to God contraction, you will KNOW the difference :tease: I thought much the same as you are now and then BAM! That's also when you truly realize the uterus is nothing but one GIANT muscle and it's having a helluva charley horse!

I agree w/ Qiris, keep the hair short and back, baby fingers . . . well kids fingers till they hit 3 or 4 are alwys gonna be in it.

lol yup my girls 2 year old loves to gab her hair. And cant put his baby seat behind my seat because i sit too far back. :devil: Think its kinda funny in a childish sorta way. :D

Hope all goes well and smoothly. :cool:

Don't induce unless you have too, its more painful than normal birth making your contractions more powerful. Plus you body fights off the inducing meds which makes it even more of a joy. Good luck and grats.

I guess everyone takes to the induction differently - my mom told me the same thing there Molox - of course her last induction was 26 years ago =p and the only reason I had to be induced was because the doctor started me off before my due date (they wanted a baby Jesus in the Church Pagent so the doc removed the mucus plug - I mighta stayed in for a couple more days!)

The Braxton-Hicks are getting more and more frequent and stronger so I think he'll be along soon. Last night wasnt fun with the contractions going from just annoying/uncomfortable to actually painful. I musta whimpered when one hit my back because Kat muttered something about asking if I needed to go to the hospital. Between that and our coughing constantly... it was a fun night =p

I am determined not to run to the hospital for false alarms ;) I have a stopwatch by my bed at night. Of course the getting up and down to walk off the BH's must drive Kat up the wall =p Even our kitties were getting irritated with me last night hehe. At least my cold is almost gone. another day of rest and I should be back to my onery self.

So how about some new pictures of Huato and Molox's little demons? =)

God Bless Maube. Enjoy the bundle of joy.

If you want, I can make you an animated movie of your baby's birth from Uterus to real world ;) (that last comment was for Kat and in no way represents the beliefs and ideas or opinions of the poster or this website) :p

Yes... from a physician's prospective, Induction is bad. A woman's body "ramps up" to birth, preparing itself for the stress and giving itself the best chance to recover afterward. When you induce, you bypass that ramping, making it tougher on both mother and child.

Moral of the story: Don't take the bun out of the oven till they're cooked on the inside *winks*