WTF Blizz

Oriahtundra

I wouldn't like it..

If they had a realm split, undoubtedly there would be friends lost. They do say that you can choose which realm you want to go to.. but I have friends in other guilds too that might be following their guilds.. and that might mean being on different servers.

Well, I honestly, like Harne, wouldn't have tha much of a problem with it. Sure, I might lose touch with great people but... heck, in 2 years of WoW, I have lost touch with MANY people... And, well, I still remember the best of them as good times with good people. I am not bitter because it also allowed me more free time to get to learn more new people, like the Crushers, people from Sublime, for Shadow of the Nethrezims, Squirrel Asylum, Forged Alliance and so on and so on... people I might not have had time to PUG, RP or simply notice if I had kept with my old guildies and friends.

If this were to happen, we would all have to choose as a guild which realm to go to, or risk losing our family! I do like the one players response to that idea, move all NEW players that log into say, Argent Dawn, to the new split realm as of a certain date.

:hugs:

This happened in EQ more than once, we got to choose our destination or we could leave it up to Sony Verant. Then as EQ started to lose subscribers, we did it in reverse. Thus it was I ended up being on three different servers ;)

Roleplaying servers will always have this problem over all other kinds of servers due to the fact that RP servers have stronger player-relations within thier fabric of existence.

Given this fabric tie to servers splitting these servers is an extreeme action and literally one that is never desired and would be a very last last choice.

It does always humor me when overtime...the most popular shards/realms always turn out to be the RP servers and why this does not set off an alarm to devs that HERE is where your REAL longterm CASHCOW and LOYALTY factors exist....support the RP and you will sustain your game engine infinitely.

If and ONLY IF they did make such a decision for the Argent Dawn server....

Hopefully they will link GM/Clan membership moves given the whole point of RP servers is for community establishment and activity

I obviously would stay/march with the Clan Tabbard where ever it exists

I would think staying would be the best option....

Why?

Let the Miscellaneous characters/accounts be moved or decide to leave.....thining of the herd so to speak.

Membership that has Alliance Characters that are "harvesters" or "crossovers" would not be affected

Argent Dawn still sounds damn cool ehhe

KISS....keep it simple silly....we stay....no chaos to deal with then.

Key will be guild status being the move decider by any system established.

Now with the Balancing issue....that is almost an impossible thing to address since the shard does not restrict us from having either side within our accounts.

It is possible to do a census at time of any Exodus event and then (like namesake check) LOCKDOWN one side of a faction to not allow more character creations.

The only additions after that would be PAID transfers. (power of the $$$ rules many decisions afterall)

A portion of a longago discussion cut-n-paste from my days dealing with UO then SWG on this topic

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Colin Mor's MMO Roleplay Server Over-Population Solution)

Create an Exodus ingame lore event

GMs of guilds will have options (Stay, Server1, Server2 etc) and have X time to declare

Once declared membership re-affirms affiliation with Guild/Guildstone (popup window per character in guild)

New members joined AFTER GM declares follow guild declaration

All characters will move accordingly at the time of Exodus

Unguilded characters or other guilded characters follow auto distribution system.

30 day free character transfer time for returning players or vacationing units.

Realm property land/sea/sky/space based are maintained or re-established in same locations based on owner

Mail systems and banks (since hidden portion of avatar) move accordingly

Merchant/Vendor/Bazzaar System items relocated in Avatar Bank slot...Moving Van

Shard/Realm awards or reputations are duplicated/renamed for owners

Rarity Items factored into Realm/Shard item existence rate calculations are system ignored

New Shard/Realm(s) and Old Shard/Realm given 30 day free gametime (for Shard Specific Game engines)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LASTLY....I do wish to point out......that thread was started by a PLAYER.....and NO OFFICIAL BLIZZARD comment has been made that this is even near the discussion table.

The definition of a RP server and its fabric will keep it far from the table in my opinion.

Nothing to worry about at all.

Since we have little impact on Blizz decision, perhaps the proactive thing to do is come up with a contingency for IF this will happen.

We dont have alot of details nor a definate/final decesion that we will be split. First lets talk about the PROS of this possible situation.

1.) They state they will try to move all member to the server of the guild leaders designation that should mean all of us are going to move together. Additionally, we can network and discuss which server all our non-clan friends and family will be splitting to ahead of time, and attempt to migrate to the same split server.

2.) Perhaps we will all find the split server actually better than the current state of AD. I know I for one elected to join a RP server.

3.) No queues.

4) Did I mention no queues?

remind me to blind vrugz with his pee tub rag before the choice so he chooses the other one ;) but nah really, your favorite evil annoying hyperactive shammy shall be back on the job on the 15th! nyahahaha! I have a hammer with harne's name on it cause he still thinks I used to lose to him in the 40s when dueling. <snorts> I dont really like the idea as I think I will likely lose track of those friends I have on the alliance side as well as those I have on the horde side.

Actually, there is a thread started by Tseric (Blizzard Employee) stating that this is being tested, and is coming for overpopulated realms. With the queues spiraling out of control on AD, you can bet it is going to be one of the first servers to get hit with the split, so everyone should be working out a plan to go along with it.

Official "Blue" post regarding the upcoming split testing:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...=1&pageNo=1

I would hope that all of the Argent Covenant members would go to the same server, but you never know.

I also am for the split because right now logging in at 8pm and being greeted with a queue of 400+ is getting really old. I can hop over to the RP-PvP server I have an alt on at any time and get right in.

Just remember back to the 1k queues we have had... lost that because a lot of people quit until the expansion... now that that is upon is... we are in for another bumpy ride.

This is something the leadership is seriously considering... and of course would hope the rest would agree with - or at least the majority. But only time will tell where the vote will lead

If and ONLY IF they did make such a decision for the Argent Dawn server....

Hopefully they will link GM/Clan membership moves given the whole point of RP servers is for community establishment and activity

They will. According to what I saw in Blizz's Beta Forums directions, if someone does not make an active choice *forcing the software to decide which of the two destinations to put them in* then the first check it will make is if they're in a guild. If they are, it will put them on the server their Guild Leader is on.

The realm split is true, even on beta it's true with hellfire, we had a realm split over there, you had to pick what realm you wanted to move to, hellfire realm 1 or hellfire realm 2 at the character screen. They are going to have it like that at the character screen, AD realm 1 and AD realm 2 and you just pick what one you want to be move to. Thats how it was on beta, they might have it setup the same way on live. I don't know, see what happens.

Edited by chemmy

Hello, Crusher friends. Tis been a while. Well, you are all likely aware of the free server transfers that are open right now. I have been in touch with many of you already, and it's not even been 24 hours since I found out myself. Suffice it to say I've been in networking-blitz mode since last night and after spending all day at work (so far) researching the responses of allied and otherwise friendly guilds, it's apparent that the pros and cons NEED to be discussed so we're all aware of them. Therefore...

I propose an emergency meeting. Why an emergency? With each passing hour, the risk of the cons of this scenario taking effect increase. If we're going to go, we need to decide, and so if we're going to decide, we have to do so quickly. Just the same, if we're staying, let's make sure that each leader in this discussion does so with information about the others. I am playing hooky from the ACMC raid that goes on Thursdays for this purpose... it's just that important.

TONIGHT, at 9:30pm, find us at TS.SONSOFDRAENOR.COM -- I'll be on as Grimgor so whisper me in-game if you are having trouble. If you can't make it, send representatives. This is not exclusive to leaders, but if we get overfull, I may have to start sending non-leaders home so we can get all the leaders in at least.

Edited by Grimgor

Hello, Crusher friends. Tis been a while. Well, you are all likely aware of the free server transfers that are open right now. I have been in touch with many of you already, and it's not even been 24 hours since I found out myself. Suffice it to say I've been in networking-blitz mode since last night and after spending all day at work (so far) researching the responses of allied and otherwise friendly guilds, it's apparent that the pros and cons NEED to be discussed so we're all aware of them. Therefore...

I propose an emergency meeting. Why an emergency? With each passing hour, the risk of the cons of this scenario taking effect increase. If we're going to go, we need to decide, and so if we're going to decide, we have to do so quickly. Just the same, if we're staying, let's make sure that each leader in this discussion does so with information about the others. I am playing hooky from the ACMC raid that goes on Thursdays for this purpose... it's just that important.

TONIGHT, at 9:30pm, find us at TS.SONSOFDRAENOR.COM -- I'll be on as Grimgor so whisper me in-game if you are having trouble. If you can't make it, send representatives. This is not exclusive to leaders, but if we get overfull, I may have to start sending non-leaders home so we can get all the leaders in at least.

I have already tried moving one of my alts over to the new server, problem is the pending time jumped yesterday from 24 to 96 hours today. I want to move some of my high level characters there the only problem is I don't want to tie up those characters for that long. Right now many people are heated about the way blizzard is handeling the free transfers with little or no updates.

As of right now if you even try to move your character over its going to give you an error, I guess cause many people are doing it.

Hopefully this will get resolved since free transfers will exist for 1 week, but at this rate im sure that pending number is going to climb. I will keep you updated about this issue if I get any further info.

Yeah I've been reading you out there on the official thread for this, Revile. :yub:

Damn, what a day, isn't it? I've barely had a pause as I have been doing all this stuff, and getting paid for it. I am sure I'll feel guilty later. There was one point where I was a little amused at myself and at all this going on for a game. But then I realized that time in anything is an investment, and this is a hobby and project that I've spent a considerable amount of time upon. An investment, so today's game-side work is just a matter of protecting that investment.

Let's just hope this is settled tonight, one way or another.

I just found out that they won't split guilds, but i know a few of my members will be going where WW and BFB goes so idk what is going on, with them but keep me updatd on whats going on. If i ever do become guildless then i won't join aa guild right away, i will just run solo for a bit before i do. I am also hopping that i will be on the same server as ya'll.

Edited by chemmy