Zuworty's Raid Information

Calendar

Ok,

WE will be running tomorrow. We will need a few replacements, but I'm not too worried. I want thursday to be relaxing and fun (especially after this tuesday), so the plan is first to finish off naxxramas. After naxxramas, we will then do sartharion 2 drakes, and we will leave tenebron and vesperon up. The reason for this is I want people to practice more at staying out of bad stuff, than worrying about the DPS race elements that leaving shadron up introduces (not to mention the extra damage taken to the raid as a whole), and vesperon will be left up to give people some practice at the transition, jumping into the portal, and monitoring thier health (i.e. not DPSing themselves to death). If the replacements (if we have them) seem up to snuff, we will then give malygos a try or two.

Kailand

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok,

WE will be running tomorrow. We will need a few replacements, but I'm not too worried. I want thursday to be relaxing and fun (especially after this tuesday), so the plan is first to finish off naxxramas. After naxxramas, we will then do sartharion 2 drakes, and we will leave tenebron and vesperon up. The reason for this is I want people to practice more at staying out of bad stuff, than worrying about the DPS race elements that leaving shadron up introduces (not to mention the extra damage taken to the raid as a whole), and vesperon will be left up to give people some practice at the transition, jumping into the portal, and monitoring thier health (i.e. not DPSing themselves to death). If the replacements (if we have them) seem up to snuff, we will then give malygos a try or two.

Kailand

Great i'll be there since my monitor is good to go after testing that bad boy out yesterday. So big can't click fast as I used to since the mouse has to move so far across the screen =(

Tuesday night the hate meter got ramped up way too far. I know this group is capable of humor that doesn't involve the public ridicule and shredding of other raid members like a pack of piranha.

If Kailand wants Tyrandius to run the mod that lets us know if we screw up, that's fine, but let's not ride the raid member that stumbles like a tired pony.

Dig deep and let's make tonight the relaxing, fun experience that raiding with this group can be.

MOM SAYS!

Are we filling in tonight to make 25 or 20?

K

we have more than 20 people signed up, so we will be filling up the group if we can.

Edited by Kailand

If today is patch day, are we even going to try and brave the buggy unstable server and try to raid?

I was wondering this as well.

Addons will be in need of upgrading/tinkering, lag will molest people, some folks may have patching problems (especially folks who get in just before pull time or didn't let the Blizz Downloader do it's "thing") and Ulduar is probably going to choke like Naxx did (before they tampered with Wintergrasp).

On the plus side, a break will help people shrug off the stress of Sarth+3D, enjoy tinkering with Dual Specs and new talent changes, and get people freshly pumped for the super hard stuff :(

I was reflecting on what to do with regards to the patch. Typically things get quite chaotic with big patches. I think the best course of action is to simply go with the flow. A lot of folks will be upgrading their game and there's likely going to be a lot of lag.

If by 8pm EST the server looks stable and we have a vast majority of folks then we'll raid. If too many folks are missing, if there's tons of lag, stability issues or if I get a lot of folks requesting some time off to explore the patch than we'll just call it off. No big deal.

If you prefer taking the time off, please communicate with me so that I don't need to guess, it's cool with me.

We will likely be raiding Ulduar until further notice so be prepared :(

Things to do:

- Read up on the fights (both trash and boss)

- Read up on the loot (plan on what you'll spend your DKP on)

- Rework your specs/gear if needed

- Normalize DKP standings

Things to do:

- Read up on the fights (both trash and boss)

- Read up on the loot (plan on what you'll spend your DKP on)

- Rework your specs/gear if needed

Some entries on Wowhead have a basic rundown on what the bosses are going to do, as well as insight on how Hard Modes work (and how to prevent "accidentally" triggering 'em). If you want a jump-start on loot tables, MMO-Champion is full of good reading until Wowhead/Thottbot update their own databases. Many bosses do not have a finished loot table either, so plan carefully!

I'd read up on Flame Leviathan in particular. He may be the first boss, but it's also a vehicle-based encounter like Malygos P3. And you know how much fun that crap is :(

Add-on updates downloaded - Check

New Spec's ready to go - Check

Boss fights read - Check

Pray's to the lag and stability gods to get things right

LETS GO TO ULDUAR

Ok, as for my part...

So I said I was gonna fix up DKP. We had an entire thread about it and there were tons of good suggestions. My final decision is as follows:

In order to keep things flowing well and to simplify both my life (and anyone else that may take over the DKP) we are going to stick to the same ZeroSum system (also because it has a simple to use mod and website). I know the system breaks down when there isn't a steady flow of loot, but we'll just have to deal with it (lest I start taking 30min per boss to dish out all the loot).

Since we've just had a long stretch of poor loot distribution and with the introduction of new players as well as alts, I've decided to normalize the DKP. Here's how it's going to work:

I estimated the average value of an item to be approximately 150DKP.

Since DKP should really be used to better disperse the loot, I feel that folks shouldn't have a DKP offset that would exceed a 1.5 item advantage or disadvantage (if you're in the hole). This gives us a desired DKP spread of [225DKP, -225DKP].

So the calculation of the new DKP table is as follows:

newDKP = (oldDKP - current max DKP) * (2*225DKP) / (average lifetime DKP) + 225DKP

Note that I'm using the average lifetime DKP as the normalization constant (as opposed to the full DKP spread), this is because certain individuals have a DKP score that is way out there (i.e. some folks have HUGE DKP holes). These folks will simply be capped at -225DKP.

I know some of you won't care, but I figured I might as well be transparent about the whole thing. I don't want anyone thinking I'm cheating them out of their DKP.

Ok, as for my part...

So I said I was gonna fix up DKP. We had an entire thread about it and there were tons of good suggestions. My final decision is as follows:

In order to keep things flowing well and to simplify both my life (and anyone else that may take over the DKP) we are going to stick to the same ZeroSum system (also because it has a simple to use mod and website). I know the system breaks down when there isn't a steady flow of loot, but we'll just have to deal with it (lest I start taking 30min per boss to dish out all the loot).

Since we've just had a long stretch of poor loot distribution and with the introduction of new players as well as alts, I've decided to normalize the DKP. Here's how it's going to work:

Since DKP should really be used to better disperse the loot, I feel that folks shouldn't have a DKP offset that would exceed a 1.5 item advantage or disadvantage (if you're in the hole). This gives us a desired DKP spread of [225DKP, -225DKP].

newDKP = (oldDKP - current max DKP) * (2*225DKP) / (average lifetime DKP) + 225DKP

Note that I'm using the average lifetime DKP as the normalization constant (as opposed to the full DKP spread), this is because certain individuals have a DKP score that is way out there (i.e. some folks have HUGE DKP holes). These folks will simply be capped at -225DKP.

I know some of you won't care, but I figured I might as well be transparent about the whole thing. I don't want anyone thinking I'm cheating them out of their DKP.

I'm Asian and I don't understand this.

Then you are a shame to your parents. :(

Scryll: 10 points! Nicely done!

Now *THAT* was funny!

Ok, as for my part...

OMG Kalea has +ve DKP!!!!

I made several posts in the Training Hall containing all kinds of Ulduar strats I found. Sorry if the thread got a little huge :devil:

Please read them so we can better understand the fights! :(

Then you are a shame to your parents. :nub:

Scryll: 10 points! Nicely done!

Now *THAT* was funny!

second! ;p Jabberwocky scores! ;p

Hey guys,

Just a quick notice...

The Runed Orbs (used for many of the newly craftable items) will be distributed in the same manner Nether Vortexes were back in the SSC/TK/MH/BT days. Raiders will need to register the item they are attempting to craft and the number of Orbs they want. We will roll this coming Thurs to determine the order of the distribution (who gets theirs first).

So please take a min minutes between now and Thurs to figure out which items you'll want crafted!

Zu

I did some research into razorscale, and it turns out that if your graphic settings are too low, the fire doesn't show up. the recommendation is to turn on projective texturings and to have your particle density at least to the second setting. Also, if you zoom out, you can see the blue streaking of the fire before it hits the ground, and move out of the way before it hits (the red streaking fireballs are unavoidable, and do 9-12 k damage a hit). The recommedation is to ignore any adds up, regardless of type when the 4th launcher becomes available, and DPS razorscale down. From the look of it we pretty much need to get razorscale down in under 3 ground phases (she's in the air for about 2 min, the gets grappled for 30 sec, repeat until 50%, 10 min enrage timer, so 3 ground phases puts us at the 7.5 + min mark. any delays in bringing razorscale to the ground phase takes away from our DPS time, which explains part of the reason for hitting the enrage mark). An interesting thing to note is that the adds still up during a ground phase can be dealt with if the tanks drag them infront of razorscale, as her breath that destroys the turrets also damage the adds.

Last weeks kill was done in 9 min 50 seconds. Note that to do it in 3 ground phases requires our DPS to pump out a minimum of 4000 DPS each (this is lessened with healers/tanks dpsing during ground phases too, and dots will tick when razorscale flies away), and to stay alive. This should be fairly easy to do in 25 man gear, and we seem to be doing about that since we are getting razorscale down roughly 20-25% each ground phase. To do it in 2 ground phases requires DPSrs to hit 6200 DPS during the ground phases (which is possible for many classes, but not all, if they min/max and have close to best in slot gear).

From my reading on the XT002 fight, we need to DPS the heart, but not kill it (killing it is what initiates hard mode). Melee should stay on the heart, and range should stay on the heart until the adds get into AoE range. It's recommended that the OT's pick up the larger adds and tank them while DPSing the boss.

For ignis, it seems as if we are on the right track, and it will require just a bit of practice for us to get him down.

Edited by Kailand