Zuworty's Raid Information

Calendar

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess what guys? More nerfs. We just missed a few of these:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...14070&sid=1

* The Yogg-Saron encounter has received the following changes: Death Ray no longer hits players who are under the effect of Malady of the Mind, Guardians of Yogg-Saron no longer use Dominate Mind, the spawn rate of Guardians of Yogg-Saron is more forgiving, and these Guardians will no longer spawn if a player that is protected by Hodir’s Flash Freeze hits an Ominous Cloud.

* In the opening sequence of Ulduar you can now see Liquid Pyrite from farther away.

* The Flame Leviathan encounter has received the following changes: the bonus health Flame Leviathan receives per tower has been reduced, the ejection height from Flame Leviathan has been reduced, the snare effect of the Tower of Frost has been removed, and the cannons on Demolishers and Siege Enginers should now break Flash Frozen vehicles in 1 shot.

* The XT-002 Deconstructor encounter has received the following changes: the health of the heart has been slightly reduced in heroic difficulty and the rate at which Gravity Lapse and Searing Light are cast has been reduced.

"Good heavens!" as mama moo says. Maybe we can get (Heroic) FL down with one tower or more in the future with some practice. :)

Ok, here's some thoughts about consumables from the perspective of an alchemist:

1) Flasks require Frost Lotus. Frost Lotus is rare and not cheap, anywhere upwards of 40 gold as of this writing. Most herb/alch combinations generally do not sell any Frost Lotus they find, simply because they get used themselves. The only way to acquire Frost Lotus, other then buying on the AH, is through farming, and it is generally more time-efficient to do dailies and purchase then to farm. Which is why they're expensive.

2) Some classes definitely see the most benefit from using a flask for every situation. Others... may not.

3) Case in point: Average flask prices currently are about 35 gold, with most of that cost in the FL (one FL makes 2 flasks). For casters, they *may* benefit nearly as much from using a combination of a +spell power and a +mana regen elixir. Compare: Frost Wyrm is +125 sp (at 35 gold). Flask of Pure Mojo is +38 mp5 (at 35 gold). You choose ONE of those, for 1 hour.

4) OR... 1 Spellpower Elixir is +58 sp (2-3 gold) plus 1 Mighty Mageblood is +24 mp5 (at 4 gold) also lasts for one hour. Total of 7 gold.

So... unless you are dealing with serious min/maxing issues, and ASSUMING 2 deaths in the first hour (therefore 6 elixirs - 3 of each), you are looking at 21 gold vs. 35 gold, and without consuming a rare drop, vs. consuming stuff that most herbalists should be able to give away.

I'm just suggesting that especially for content that *should* be on a farm status, it may be sufficient to use two elixirs instead of using a flask, at a significant cost savings.

Ok, here's some thoughts about consumables from the perspective of an alchemist:

1) Flasks require Frost Lotus. Frost Lotus is rare and not cheap, anywhere upwards of 40 gold as of this writing. Most herb/alch combinations generally do not sell any Frost Lotus they find, simply because they get used themselves. The only way to acquire Frost Lotus, other then buying on the AH, is through farming, and it is generally more time-efficient to do dailies and purchase then to farm. Which is why they're expensive.

2) Some classes definitely see the most benefit from using a flask for every situation. Others... may not.

3) Case in point: Average flask prices currently are about 35 gold, with most of that cost in the FL (one FL makes 2 flasks). For casters, they *may* benefit nearly as much from using a combination of a +spell power and a +mana regen elixir. Compare: Frost Wyrm is +125 sp (at 35 gold). Flask of Pure Mojo is +38 mp5 (at 35 gold). You choose ONE of those, for 1 hour.

4) OR... 1 Spellpower Elixir is +58 sp (2-3 gold) plus 1 Mighty Mageblood is +24 mp5 (at 4 gold) also lasts for one hour. Total of 7 gold.

So... unless you are dealing with serious min/maxing issues, and ASSUMING 2 deaths in the first hour (therefore 6 elixirs - 3 of each), you are looking at 21 gold vs. 35 gold, and without consuming a rare drop, vs. consuming stuff that most herbalists should be able to give away.

I'm just suggesting that especially for content that *should* be on a farm status, it may be sufficient to use two elixirs instead of using a flask, at a significant cost savings.

stuff that is on farm you shouldn't need a flask to be honest or potions

stuff that is on farm you shouldn't need a flask to be honest or potions

We don't have much on 'farm' yet... we still seem to be struggling with ignis, xt002 to some extent (too many people dieing), council, hodir, crazy cat lady, and kologarn. In my opinion farm content is something that we don't really have people dieing on (maybe 1 or 2 deaths, but no need to call for a battle res), and we one shot it easily.

Flasks, obviously, last through death. Elixirs don't. We don't have anything on farm yet. Buying, and using, flasks should be considered part of raid preparation. At this point, we need every edge we can get.

Anyone unwilling to do the dailies that would allow them to have the cash necessary to buy flasks should consider whether or not raiding is for them. No one should be exempt or expect the raid to furnish supplies for them.

Just my opinion.

The topic of raid preparedness has been cropping up quite often lately. I'm not sure why, it may be due to raid progress slowing down because it's summer or because we haven't been giving it our due diligence.

I think it goes without saying that unless you're prepared to make a significant contribution towards having food buffs, flasks/elixirs and health/mana pots then raiding is likely not for you. If there comes a time when the effort to raid out weights the fun you have raiding then it's likely the time to give up your spot.

My game play is most often spent maximizing both my own raiding potential and the potential of the group as a whole. I would hope that all our raiders share this philosophy (or at least contribute to it in some way). That being said here are my expectations in terms of flasks/elixirs:

- You should consume a flask/elixir for any encounter currently being learned

- You should consume a flask/elixir for any encounter where players sharing your role are having difficulties

- You should consume a flask/elixir for any encounter where you are having difficulties and/or are under performing

- You should consume a flask/elixir whenever we try to attain a particularly difficult achievement (which is to say ANY achievement in Ulduar)

- I don't feel that enforcing a 3 flask rule in Ulduar at the moment is warranted (provided that the individual has some kind of buffing strategy)

- The above statement only stands as long as we keep doing steady progress

- I will not penalize a player for missing a flask for any ONE given fight (I will however penalize them if they are repeat offenders)

- The BigBrother mod is meant to scare you, cause one day you won't have a flask and I'll be in a bad mood and you'll get the smack down of my DKP stick!

So yeah that is all, ENJOY! =)

Zu

Post #2 -- Herbalist and Alchemist Loot in and Around Freya

After giving this some thought and doing a bit of research here is what I have come up with:

Herbs Distribution

- This includes any nodes in the general vicinity of Freya and all herbs found in or around her corpse

- We will have a fixed rotation among any player who have submitted their names as an interested candidate (same way we dealt with Runed Orbs).

- A player who isn't a herbalist may also give his name provided he recruits a lackey to go around gathering the stuff

Alchemy Distribution

- All pots, elixirs and flasks will be re-distributed to the raid in a "best effort" manner by a designated individual

- Distribution occurs AFTER the raid (looking a volunteer for this)

SPECIAL NOTE:

I'm only placing restrictions on herbalist due to the larger amount of herbs that can be found around Freya. There is no plan to set any restrictions on other gatherers (i.e. miners, skinners, etc.).

I would like to encourage ALL crafters to please help their fellow raiders as much as possible. Share both your crafting skills AND your mats! We should all to cooperate together in order to conquer Ulduar.

Hope this covers the issue sufficiently,

Zu

I'm only placing restrictions on herbalist due to the larger amount of herbs that can be found around Freya. There is no plan to set any restrictions on other gatherers (i.e. miners, skinners, etc.).

You might want to think of something for miners and the Pure Saronite Nodes in the Vezax area as well. The ones in 10 man yielded about 30 ore, 5 blue quality gems, and a bunch of eternals/green quality gems per node.

We have some time yet on that, but I thought I should give the heads-up. :)

Post #3 - Hate

This has always been an ongoing topic with our raid and is somewhat a distinct trait of our group. Like most raids we have our ups and downs but we always manage to pull through.

Several folks have mentioned that they are noticing a steady upswing in the amount of "hate" that is being dished out. Typically, the hate is taken in jest and serves to lighten the mood or provide criticism to an individual.

However, much of the "hate" lately has been far more pointed. We are starting see folks doing personal attacks and belittling each other. Raiding is meant to be fun and shouldn't have feel like high school recess where if you're not one of the "cool" people then you get verbally berated.

All I ask is that you give a bit of thought before you speak up on TS. Consider the person you are talking to, some folks handle the "hate" better than others.

Insults, verbal abuse and humiliation are totally unacceptable. You can't make a player better through verbal abuse, you end up alienating them and ultimately having them leave the raid.

You don't have to like all the raiders but you have to respect them.

Post #3 - Hate

Raiding is meant to be fun and shouldn't have feel like high school recess where if you're not one of the "cool" people then you get verbally berated.

You don't have to like all the raiders but you have to respect them.

I'd like to point out that, generally speaking, the recipients of hate are more often then not those that excel at taking it in stride. As exhibit A, I give you Markenfail, who decided to ride his mount directly into oncoming traffic and paid the price for being an idiot. As exhibit B, I give you Eigun, who decided during an Iron Council overload that he should put his face in it, and paid the price for being an idiot. As exhibit C, I give you Elrikk, who makes little grunting noises as he plays, resulting in our darth vader-esque mockery of him. As exhibit D, I give you Frogger Boss, where EVERYONE has been made fun of for failure.

I think all of those things are enjoyable memories of raiding that are more valuable to me then any loot drop I've gotten. Laughing about our failures and "gallows humor" provides much more camaraderie and esprit du corps then does a silent raid full of hyperfocused clickers.

Finally, we're all adults here. If someone has a problem with anything I have said or done, please don't hesitate to approach me directly. There is absolutely positively no need to elevate a personal exchange into a raid-wide "issue" unless there is no resolution at the lower level.

I hate you all. Douches.

I'd like to point out that, generally speaking, the recipients of hate are more often then not those that excel at taking it in stride. As exhibit A, I give you Markenfail, who decided to ride his mount directly into oncoming traffic and paid the price for being an idiot. As exhibit B, I give you Eigun, who decided during an Iron Council overload that he should put his face in it, and paid the price for being an idiot. As exhibit C, I give you Elrikk, who makes little grunting noises as he plays, resulting in our darth vader-esque mockery of him. As exhibit D, I give you Frogger Boss, where EVERYONE has been made fun of for failure.

You forgot Exhibit F for fail :)

As a constant hater, I must speak up, as comments are obviously flowing in this direction.

I love it how people are so full of themselves (for whatever reason) they think that anyone would waste time to hate or belittle them specifically. Eigun is absolutely correct-the majority of the hate is circulated amongst the "haters" and well, maybe Orcala but that I would say is semi-justified (ha). As soon as people get over their personal hang ups, the hate will go back to what it was in SSC, just fun. And TS has been much quieter the last few weeks...so I guss that wasn't the problem...

And if you continue to suck, or do something stoopid, you will catch hate. I would expect no less from myself.

K

"A" made me clutch my sides due to laughter pains. Thou art brave, tree-druid, but squishy! Golemagg's twins had many lols.

"B" is something we all wind up doing. Sticking our faces in stuff may feel refreshing, but it's all fun & games till someone loses an eye. Or in Eigun's case: brain cells via electric shock. Simple reminder: pay attention to your surroundings, folks!

"C"...well, we all have our trademarks and annoyances. Deal with 'em folks. No raid is full of saints, and I'm not even going to bet money that the rest of the raids out there are far meaner than ours could ever hope to be. Yeah, some stuff (like our mystery cougher, whose name I won't mention out of respect) can seem REALLY irksome. But you also deal with this stuff in reality everyday too (like this guy in my lab who laughs like Steve-O from Jackass.../cock shotgun). Just keep your cool, and POLITELY remind said noise-maker person to try to keep control (such as temporarily muting their mic).

"D"? Not much to say here, except I can't WAIT for Mimiron-25 wipe recovery bloopers. Somebody break out the Pac-Man intermission music!

Finally, we're all adults here. If someone has a problem with anything I have said or done, please don't hesitate to approach me directly. There is absolutely positively no need to elevate a personal exchange into a raid-wide "issue" unless there is no resolution at the lower level.

This is for mocking the Voltron theme on Sunday! :)

/tar Eigun

/pickup <AFK> Orcala

/toss

I'd like to say a few things and clear a few other things up.

1. I did ask several times politely and then less politely in /raid for the cougher to stop or at least tell me who it was so I could mute them. As I was not even given the respect of acknowledgment, I fail to see why I am required to offer the same.

2. Your analogy is flawed. In an office no one would be coughing right IN MY EAR. If anyone were so ill mannered as to attempt that, I can assure you it would only be ONCE. And in an office, I would also ask the person to cover their mouth so as not to disturb the people working around them.

3. Nicknames are one thing, calling someone a b itch is another. Hate is laughing with someone not at them. If the other person isn't laughing, you are an asshat.

4. My mother is dying and I'm the only one who can take care of all her expenses and final arrangements. This is going to last a few months. So, while my raid attendance might have been 99% before, I have other things that I have to attend to now so I may not make it to every raid or may have to leave some raids early. This also means that my emotional facilities are fusking full. In that context: FUSK YOU FOR COUGHING IN MY EAR AFTER I ASKED YOU TO STOP. FUSK YOU FOR CALLING ME A B ITCH ABOUT IT. AND FUSK ALL OF YOU THAT MADE FUN OF ME FOR IT.

5. After this emotional period is over for me and I've had time to recover from it, feel free to go back to mocking all you want, I'll be better able to cope. Right now, I'm going to ask politely that you please leave me out of it. I no longer speak on voice. I've stopped the "offensive" bunny spam and at this point I don't even feel like role playing any more. I'll do my job when I'm there but please, please, leave me out of your hate mongering. I don't really care what you say to each other, I'm simply asking that you leave Tizaria out of it.

in the tl;dr catagory-

My mother is dying, I'm upset about it.

Stop being douches.

Anyone who is a douche can kiss my rabbit's ass.

One final note. Thank you to everyone who has been so very supportive during this time. It is very much appreciated and very much welcomed. Those of you who have been offering me help and support are the reason I keep coming back to the raid. Your offers to help are very kind and I thank you again for them, but I'm afraid that right now what would help the most would be simply a /hug in game to let me know I have people who are thinking about me.

However, much of the "hate" lately has been far more pointed. We are starting see folks doing personal attacks and belittling each other. Raiding is meant to be fun and shouldn't have feel like high school recess where if you're not one of the "cool" people then you get verbally berated.

My above post wasn't meant to poke the bee's nest. I tried to leave it vague and impersonal. I'm not trying to target any specific person or incident.

My intent was simply to advise folks to be considerate in their hate. Not everyone shares the same sense of humor and your words made be considered offensive by some. Be careful not to cross the line between trying to be funny and being outright insulting.

While Tizaria choose to speak to up, please don't interpret her posting as being the sole example of such incidents. Others also have had unpleasant dealings which were dealt with in a less public manner.

Overall, I have no issues with our "hate" and I fully agree with the statements made above by our raiders.

Try to be mindful of others and everything will be alright :)

Zu

My mother is dying, I'm upset about it.

Stop being douches.

Anyone who is a douche can kiss my rabbit's ass.

Tiz,

You have our sympathy and support for your troubles.

Essentially, you're telling us that due to external stressors, you're acting in a way that you would not normally act, and that you would appreciate some consideration for atypical behavior.

I would normally see no problem with this. However, you've admitted as much that your reaction to The Phantom Cougher was less than ideal. What if TPC him or herself was equally suffering from a debilitating ailment? What if they were trying their best to avoid coughing RIGHT IN YOUR EAR but their situation, as yours, was less then ideal? Might you have been willing to take these annoyances with a grain of salt and look past them otherwise?

If your near-vulgarity filled post was meant to be funny, then I apologize for failing to see the humor, but you seemed pretty serious to me. But since I was neither TPC, involved in a conversation with you regarding TPC, or involved in mocking you for being upset with TPC, I think you owe me and the rest of the raid an apology for having to put up with this tirade about coughing.

(yes, that was meant to be funny)

Edited by Eigun