A Necessary Step

Baracko

Instead of explaining in tells to alot of people singularly, I just thought I would make it easier on my fingers.

This week will be my last week with the 25-man raid. I will still be doing the 10 man stuff as per normal.

I'm sure many of you think the timing of this is interesting, and I can't say that I blame you. However, its been on my mind for awhile, and recent events have just had me thinking about it more. The reason I have waited to make a decision or post responses to the rotation thread was because the issue, in my mind, kept being clouded by other things.

First, for awhile now Ive struggled with the time of the raid. Its oftentimes difficult for me to get home in time for the raid, and when I do, I typically don't get to eat. That needs to stop. I pushed back the start of the raid a little to help this time, but its not enough.

Second, Im getting ready to hire some help, and more of my patients are needing to come to the office a bit later, getting me home just before raid start at times. With this recession RL comes first, and I need to be able to take care of that. Furthermore, Im involved in some RL stuff that Ive neglected due to the timing of the raid. I miss many meetings that I should be attending primarily cause Im the raid leader.

To be honest, I gave serious thought to stepping aside at the end of the last one for this reason. But, when I got all the tells of thanks for both Cal and I when we stopped BT, and so many people said they were ready for the expo, I had a hard time letting it go. I don't regret the choice to keep it running, but I realize Im not going to be able to do it. If I ever was good at it, I know I'm not very good currently.

Considering recent events, I also think my wants/desires have somewhat changed or have become more intense. I know many of you share my desire to progress, but I don't like the way I feel/act while Im leading the pursuit of those things. That being said, Zuworty is going to take back over in totality, and I think he ultimately plans to make the raid a little more lowkey. I think this will solve some issues, and ultimately make the raid more enjoyable for most of you. He will be leaning on some of you to help him as his RL job and pursuits also take new turns in this global recession of ours.

No, Im probably not going to stop raiding. I've got some feelers out to WW, and I still want to raid. I just don't want to be part of the leadership. Why not just be a part of the raid I was with? A) Because Ill almost always be late. B) Because its really hard to keep your mouth shut and be a lemming when you used to lead it. I'm looking forward to just showing up to something and just doing the job, although I know Ill have to mute my mic for quite some time. Im about 75% to be heading over there. I don't know if it'll be next week or in two or three. I should know more in the coming days.

I know many of you will react differently to this. Some won't really care, and will keep on going. Others will think me a traitorous lootwhoring ###### and might never want to talk to me again, feeling betrayed. I know many of you are dealing with scheduling issues, too. You might even think me a pompous ###### for writing such a long post. But understand this: Ive torn myself up about it alot, but I think its the best thing for me. When I made the decision yesterday, it was like a big weight was lifted from my shoulders, leading to one of the best days at work Ive had in awhile on Monday. I hope that we can just all go on being friends.

Just now your friend,

Baracko

P.S. I'm going to ask Morgh to "put me out to pasture" as it were and make me a longtooth. I don't think I should be one of the elders of conquest(Raids) given this change. I'm sure there is someone who is ready to step up and take over ;p

Edited by Baracko

Hey you gave notice it's not like you dropped everything today =) Cal and a few others will probably like to take the reigns so it's not the end of the world for us. Leading is very time consuming, so hopefully this will give you some stress relief :laugh:

Speaking as a Crusher that has not been able to raid ever since the old MC days, I certainly appreciate your predicament. Even though I want to commit, RL issues like family and business should always be first priority. Yer case sounds similar to mine. I found myself rushing all my family commitments to be able to make raid time. I had a blast playing, but always felt guilty about it.

Step back and you will feel better when you do fire up the old PC!! (or, *shudder *, Mac)

No, Im probably not going to stop raiding. I've got some feelers out to WW, and I still want to raid. I just don't want to be part of the leadership. Why not just be a part of the raid I was with? A) Because Ill almost always be late. B) Because its really hard to keep your mouth shut and be a lemming when you used to lead it. I'm looking forward to just showing up to something and just doing the job, although I know Ill have to mute my mic for quite some time. Im about 75% to be heading over there. I don't know if it'll be next week or in two or three. I should know more in the coming days.

All was needed to be said, really. Considering the majority of the raid temperament is low key/pressure, progression is 2nd on the priority list. No one blames you for wanting to progress through the game at a faster pace.

Good luck with everything and don't be a stranger.

Douche.

K

Well, first things first, Thank You. I for one appreciate the time, effort, and patience it must take to organize a bunch of monkeys like us. I also understand that real life has to take precedence over Warcraft. I hope that your business thrives and your life is less hectic with your new change. We all play this game to have fun and relax, and when it ceases to be so changes need to be made.

Markenhoof

P.S. Bar! The TANK WINDOWS, I need them now!

Just wanted to take a few minutes here to thank Baracko for the time and effort he put into rebuild this raid post-expansion. As anyone with raid leading experience can tell you, it takes a tremendous amount of work to build the rosters, set up the DKP system, plan out scheduling, deal with replacements and generally attend to a raid's needs.

I think I speak on behalf of all the raiders when I say we are thankful and appreciative of what Baracko has been able to do and the time he spent preparing this endeavor. We wish him the best of luck (and much loot whoring) in his coming adventures.

I know this might not the proper place for this but...

Being second in command I want to make a quick statement to assuage people's concerns; I will be taking control of the raid. I have my own plans on how I'd like to go forward and will announce them in the coming week.

Zu

I'd like to say thank you Baracko for putting the raid together, and you will be missed... Who else will keep the floors of the instances clean? And remember that RL > WoW always. I know that you have been having difficulties living a healthy lifestyle while running the raid, and that is important to you (and probably should be important to us all). And I also know that winterwolves start their raids an hour later than ours, and it'll fit your schedule much better, while the rest of us could probably not accommodate a 9:00 start (a lot of us turn into pumpkins close to 11:00, especially Orcala with her Hearth/AFK macro :laugh: ). and like others have mentioned, I wish you success with your business and in game endeavours!

*** edited to correct spelling.

Edited by Kailand

I know many of you will react differently to this. Some won't really care, and will keep on going. Others will think me a traitorous lootwhoring ###### and might never want to talk to me again, feeling betrayed.

You traitorous, lootwhoring !@*#(!@!! I'm never going to talk to you again!!!

Just kidding.

I know that things have been stressful for you lately, and hopefully this will clear some of that up for you. Just don't be a stranger, and I look forward to doing the Monday 10-mans with you, so I can call you noobface on TS and laugh at you when you die. :)

Thanks for keeping us monkeys together through the expansion, but now its time for you to take care of yourself, and don't stress out about us. I know Zuworty will do a good job of keeping things together, and I know there are others who will step up if Zu needs a hand.

PS: GIMME AN "A" DANGIT! I NEED TO SET UP PALLY POWER BEFORE PEOPLE START ######ING ABOUT THEIR BUFFS!!!!

:laugh:

To be honest, I gave serious thought to stepping aside at the end of the last one for this reason. But, when I got all the tells of thanks for both Cal and I when we stopped BT, and so many people said they were ready for the expo, I had a hard time letting it go. I don't regret the choice to keep it running, but I realize Im not going to be able to do it. If I ever was good at it, I know I'm not very good currently.

Although I haven't been a Crusher as long as others here, I've been raiding with you clowns since Gruul/Mags got started up at the end of summer 2007.

Hands down, without question, all the memories since those days have been the most fun I've ever had with a game, any game. And I've got you guys to thank for it.

Don't be a stranger.

Edited by Eigun

Aww man, who's gonna do the Motivational Arnold Yell now?! Please don't suggest Orcala do it. >.>

In all seriousness, thanks for all you've done to help Bar, even with all the bullcrap & responsibility that comes with being raid lead, we've done darn good for ourselves. Get RL sorted out, and keep on face-planting wherever you may raid.

I don't even know what to say....I read this ealry this morning and was stunned...Thank You just does not seem to be enough, it is hard putting together a 25 man raid and keeping it going as long as you have.

I wish you well in RL and hope this decision takes some stress off you...we all have to much stress. I hope to get to play with you still in other situations I will miss you

Take care,

Remm

I don't even know what to say....I read this ealry this morning and was stunned...Thank You just does not seem to be enough, it is hard putting together a 25 man raid and keeping it going as long as you have.

I wish you well in RL and hope this decision takes some stress off you...we all have to much stress. I hope to get to play with you still in other situations I will miss you

Take care,

Remm

Bah! I'm not leaving completely! Just not doing the 25 man anymore. We still have 10 man achievements and a red drake to procure on Sunday mornings, Remm! ;p

________________________________________________________________________________

I appreciate the kind words, everyone. I'm still gonna be around to do this or that.

Edited by Baracko

man bar i seen this on WW forums today when i got home as i checked them first and was like o noes not bar. Thanks for having me along and give me a shot on my druid with the new expansion and enjoy the loot drama of giving out loot!

The hateful raid has lost a good portion of its hate. Hmm.. Someone will have to make up the difference.

Thanks for the work you have put into the raid, keeping it going, doing all the boss info/lookups/assignments etc. Raid leading is a mofo, thats why everyone doesn't do it.

You will be missed from the raid, and I"m happy you are only taking a break from the raid and not the game.

We have had lots of differences recently with rotations and future planning of the raid, etc... but you are still my favorite lootwhore. I'm glad this isn't a good bye.

::runs into the thread, bites Baracko and flees, giggling all the while::

RL > WoW always. I'm so happy your business is doing better and I'm glad you are returning to healthy eating and working out. We've talked before about how important that is to both of us so hurrah! Glad you are doing this for you.