SSC and TK raid info

Calendar

I personally recommend the Medallion, despite its (sort of) intimidating price. The shorter cooldown & tiny resilience boost will make the difference between life & death, especially from a healer's standpoint.

16k honor isn't too difficult to acquire either. Do your PvP dailies! :yahoo:

Totally agree here. Its gonna give you another way to live in many of the fights in there, especially for the clothies.

Make sure you are working on your BT attunement quest! Here is a little more info:

(Quoted from WoWWiki:)

Patch 2.4 removed the attunement to Black Temple and Mount Hyjal. The Medallion of Karabor was a quest item given by Akama after retrieving the Heart of Fury, a shard of the ata'mal crystal; the Heart of Fury entered into an empty gem slot on the Medallion, which is then taken to A'dal in Shattrath. This quest line is now a confirmed prerequisite for the Black Temple attunement.

After completing Akama's Promise, players adventuring in the Serpentshrine Cavern will have access to a quest from a Broken NPC named Seer Olum in Fathom-Lord Karathress's room (the quest is entitled The Secret Compromised). After delivering a message to Akama, he informs Illidan of Kael'thas' treachery in order to attempt to prove his loyalty (Illidan believes him, but is still suspicious). You will then need to slay Al'ar in the Eye of Tempest Keep so that Akama can convince Illidan he is still loyal.

The next part of the attunement involves killing Rage Winterchill, a lich boss, which is also the first boss in the Battle of Mount Hyjal instance. After this you are sent to Xi'ri outside the gates of the Black Temple. You must slay the demonic Illidari forces outside the Temple in order to provide a distraction for Akama and Maiev to slip into the Temple undetected. After that Xi'ri rewards you with the [Medallion of Karabor], allowing entry into the Black Temple.

That Medallion is a crucial and easy way to get part of the shadow resist we NEED to easily crush the bosses in Hyjal up to Archimonde. You NEED to be at the point where you need to speak to Olum in FL Karathress' room by NEXT TUESDAY.

Please ask for help if you need it! Help us conquer Hyjal efficiently and quickly!

Edited by Baracko

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am at that stage in the attunment process.

Also do you guys ever get together to PvP? Maybe make the honor grind go a little faster. I never pvp and am a little at a loss as to where to start. I do however wantto get the trinket to further our progress. I also think the trinket will be used for the last boss in Hyjal too.

At this point and time, we dont have a set time for PvP. We will often all band together when folks get the bug, though.

Honestly, I would try to get something going this weekend, but Im moving and most of my attention will be there. If someone else wants to throw together a group, feel free!

If you dont pvp much, I would suggest running into either EotS or AV, as they are much more friendly when you're new, imo.

Hey I figured i'd hop on at the opportunity the website was moved and now new forum accounts work again. Oh and hi all!

Same here-I had some troubles with the old site registering...but this seems to have worked fine.

K

*pours Goblin Rocket Fuel all over SSC's bridges, rides the elevator up, and drops a flaming Gnomish Effigy down the shaft*

Good ridda--*BOOM!*

o_o

*runs as AFK'd Alliance outside die in a fire*

*pours Goblin Rocket Fuel all over SSC's bridges, rides the elevator up, and drops a flaming Gnomish Effigy down the shaft*

Good ridda--*BOOM!*

o_o

*runs as AFK'd Alliance outside die in a fire*

Yeah we have been in there 3 months too long :(

I need to give a heads up. I plan to keep attending the raids if I am able but my PC is pretty well on its 'last legs' so to speak. My PC is old, its not been upgraded in something like 4 years. Yesterday my system crashed and I got to the "Blue Screen" Well my boyfriend was able to get it back up and running but not after having to take out some drives. Additionally the motherboard is wearing out as is my graphics card.

As it is now I can go on the internet and start up WoW, however after a little bit of playing the graphics start to mess up and I get flickering pixals. It doesn't seem to affect game play other then being annoying. And before you say I should have been upgrading well I know this. But computer hardware is so expensive and we've had to give up getting new parts because money has been kind of tight for us and we have had other expenses that were more important like maintaining a place to live.

However by the end of the month which isnt too far off, my guy (Kriojha) says he will be able to order us some new PCs but it will take about 5 days for us to get them as we're ordering them and they will be shipped. So hopefully soon we'll get them, get WoW installed and be back to normal.

I don't foresee any repeats of system crashing but I really can't say it won't happen again or that it will. So if you want me to come and just hope for the best thats fine, or if you want to replace me temporarily. Because I would like to keep coming along as long as I am needed, I just need a new PC, but can't get one this weekend.

I don't foresee any repeats of system crashing but I really can't say it won't happen again or that it will. So if you want me to come and just hope for the best thats fine, or if you want to replace me temporarily. Because I would like to keep coming along as long as I am needed, I just need a new PC, but can't get one this weekend.

Bah, it's cool Zeb. Hell, my own machine (which is close to the 3 year old mark) used to crash like mad until I finally updated the motherboard biob & nVidia drivers..which wasn't until after a year or so (yes, I'm slow. lol). I know it's a totally different issue, but a crash-happy junkbox didn't stop me from fightin' for purples :yub:

To save your comp a little bit of stress, I suggest you lower WoW's graphical settings a bit, which will give your video card a bit more breathing room. *hugs*

My PC is old, its not been upgraded in something like 4 years. Yesterday my system crashed and I got to the "Blue Screen"

Zeb,

It is a known fact that windows destabilizes... eventually.

You would be amazed what kind of performance you could restore with a reinstall of your operating system.

Which, of course, would cause you to lose every single thing on your machine, unless you partitioned your drive so that your OS was on a little bitty thing, and everything else was on the rest. So back everything up before you do this.

Or, you could use the opportunity as an excuse (as I did) to convince the wife that I really, really needed the quad-core with 4 gigs of 800mhz ram and the 512 mb nVidia. WoW simply COULDN'T run without it.

Now all I need to do is convince her that I couldn't POSSIBLY play on less then a 46 inch widescreen.

And Ive definitly turned down my graphics, but that also means spell effects unfortunatly. Hopefully if there is any things I need to see to avoid during the boss fights in TK, I'll have to be really really careful. Im sure that I'll get to see some kind of effect such as with the flame piles during the 2nd phase of Alar fight, It'll be dim but I'll see them.

And from what I understand, the new systems Kriojha will be getting us are going to be really spiffy for games. I dont remember the company we're getting them from though. I'll have to ask him! He was telling me it'd just be a waste of money to try and upgrade what we have becasue we probably couldn't even find hardware for what we have anymore.

So it's only going to be a little while longer then we'll have the new systems on the way. If I have any problems before then such as if I can't get online anymore I'll try to give notice ASAP but obviously thats not something you can really plan for.

Hey all -

For those of you within hailing distance of the NYC area (Uglutz) and anyone looking to come visit, the Ani Ayastigi are planning a little get-together!

http://aniayastigi.guildportal.com/Guild.a...TopicID=6790548

If you don't feel like posting on the Ani forums, please send me a tell or mail in game and I'll keep you posted!

Eigun

Healers,

I was reading some forum posts this morning, and seems other raids healers have problems getting the mace because of the small loot box it has (and of course the raid standing on it) :tease: It was suggested that at low health it be moved back a little bit to the front edge of the stage.

Also a lot of people posted that if you target the tip on the handle you will get it quickly everytime. Maybe this will help us

Hey guys,

Just want to give all of you a nice pat on the back for a job well done last night! Getting mid way to Kael'thas Phase 4 in such short time is no small feat. I'm convinced that if we continue down this path we'll be knocking him down in no time at all.

In order to reduce some of the chaos occurring during Phase 4/5, here's a summary of his abilities and how I'd like our group to handle them:

Kael'Thas Abilities:

Phase 4:

Fireball: Main ability, hits for about ~25k (damage is reduced by the mace buff).

Shock Barrier + Pyroblast: 100k hp shield he puts on before casting 3 successive pyroblasts (each hitting for 45k to 55k).

Mind Control: Mind controls 2 to 3 players for 30 seconds.

Arcane Disruption: 2k arcane damage and 10s disorientation effect to the entire raid (staff buff negates the disorientation).

Flamestrike + Phoenixes: 50k to 100k damage ground AoE that will spawn a phoenix. The phoenix will do a ground AoE that hits ~2k.

Phase 5:

All the same abilities (no Pyroblast and no Mind Control).

Gravity Lapse + Nether Vapor + Nether Beam: Throws everyone in the air and shots players with a 2.2k chain lightning type beam.

Roles:

Melee DPS:

- DPS Kael'thas.

- Rogues should assist in freeing Mind Controlled players.

Range DPS:

- DPS Kael'thas.

- DPS Phoenixes and their eggs if there are any.

- CC any Mind Controlled players.

Healers:

- Heal your respective targets.

Everyone:

- Stay out of Flamestrikes.

- Stay out of melee range of pheonixes.

- Make sure you activate your weapon (if it needs activation).

- Make sure you're within range of a staff buff.

- Prioritize DPS on the Shock Barrier in order to interrupt the Pyroblasts.

- Phase 5: Spread out when Gravity Lapse occur, stay as far away as possible from Kael'thas and other players.

Things to consider:

- Range DPS should be closer to melee and not be at max range to reduce rogue travel time when dealing with Mind Controlled Players.

- Holyssa should tank phoenixes away from the main raid and must have a stuff buffer covering him.

- Gravity Lapse does not incur an aggro wipe, since the MT will no longer be increasing his threat players must carefully watch their threat.

Please check the bottom of the spreadsheet Roles and Group Formations for your specific roles.

Good job again,

Cal

Im going to echo Cal... fantastic job last night!

Remember to have all your consumables ready for Tuesday! That ###### is going down next week!

Also, good work so far on getting ready for your SR! Ive talked to numerous people who are already getting a head start on their mats. Remember: You dont necessarily need to have the full set! 2-3 pieces + cloak plus maybe an old socketed piece with void spheres should be good! We dont want to gimp ourselves too much on dps/healing.

A few of you have sent mats for the whole group to share. Your dedication is noted, and we thank you for your contribution!

Edited by Baracko

Would it benefit the raid during phase 4 to:

1. Have the ranged folks group up on a marked character (a-la Solarion) for (a) easy of movement out of the flares, (b) keeping out of the way of the phoenix aoe's and a clear path for holy to pick them up and drag away and © to give the mc-breakers (rogues) a reference point to run to or for immediate breaks if a ranged person is used for this purpose (hunters-below) .

2. Have a few ranged folks pick up the mc-breaking weapons? This would (a) cut down on the mc time, (b) allow rogues to stay on kael and deal with melee dps mc targets if needed. Hunters could easily dual wield as well and have high hit ratings/agility. Kail and I should be sufficient i believe. CC'ing mc'd folks would take just as long as peeling off and whacking them, using the above strategy.

K

Would it benefit the raid during phase 4 to:

1. Have the ranged folks group up on a marked character (a-la Solarion) for (a) easy of movement out of the flares, (b) keeping out of the way of the phoenix aoe's and a clear path for holy to pick them up and drag away and © to give the mc-breakers (rogues) a reference point to run to or for immediate breaks if a ranged person is used for this purpose (hunters-below) .

2. Have a few ranged folks pick up the mc-breaking weapons? This would (a) cut down on the mc time, (b) allow rogues to stay on kael and deal with melee dps mc targets if needed. Hunters could easily dual wield as well and have high hit ratings/agility. Kail and I should be sufficient i believe. CC'ing mc'd folks would take just as long as peeling off and whacking them, using the above strategy.

K

Actually, I talked about that with bar and cal after the raid and we already thought of what you mentioned... we will be grabbing the MC breaking weapons and movin gthe ranged closer to kael'thas, but the rogues will still need to help out.

Hey guys,

I just wanted to apologize for not being able to make it yesterday, I had to attend a last minute birthday party I couldn't miss.

I'm glad to see you guys weren't too gimped without me. From the impressive list of loot Baracko has sent, me I see that you guys succeeded quite well. Gratz!

Cal

Hey guys,

I just wanted to apologize for not being able to make it yesterday, I had to attend a last minute birthday party I couldn't miss.

I'm glad to see you guys weren't too gimped without me. From the impressive list of loot Baracko has sent, me I see that you guys succeeded quite well. Gratz!

We pretty much one-shot all of TK (save for Kael), rofl'd all over Rage Winterchill, and got Anetheron down to about 54%ish on our first try. Oh, I got a hideously purple cloak >.>

*note to self: bring multiple shields. Going from 120 durability to 50 (using my ZA shield) by the time Rage spawned SUCKS* :(

Yeah, we did very well, all things considered. I know of at least 7 people out of our group having serious lag issues. I more or less couldnt do ANYTHING when there was AOE going on. Thank you to everyone for being adaptive and putting up with my growing frustration through the night. I sincerely wish that crap wouldnt have happened on a night we were without our main leader and trying new things.

We're working to fix this problem soon! BE READY TO DOWN KAEL!!!

Edited by Baracko

Awesome time last night even with the lag issues.

I like the fact that the leadership is adaptive and knows when and when not to make attempts on bosses. Easing into Hyjal is a great idea and will ultimately help with downing Kael’thas.

Elrikk