Magtheridon's Lair

Jasena

I'm putting together a force to slay the demon in the bowels of the Hellfire Citadel. I'm working with Aletia, for a good date for us to make our first attempt.

As of now, it is looking like it's going to be Monday July 9th. (So as not to interfer with the Fourth of July Holiday and people's plans)

As for gear, this is an almost strictly DPS encounter. In other words, dump as much as humanly possible on the target to burn it as quickly as possible.

There is a great synopsis of the encounter on Bossfight.com This is a fairly short encounter. (Most people liken it to Ony) So it's not going to be a huge timesink.

The class make up will be as follows:

Warriors 5

Warlocks 5

Shamen 2 (No resto)

Paladin 3 (All healers)

Priest 2 (one shadow/one holy)

Rogue 3 (at least two rogues MUST NOT be Sublety)

Druid 2 (at least one Druid MUST BE Resto)

Mage 2 (still working on what spec mages should be)

Hunter 1 (Beast or Marksmen spec)

I will be having a damage and healing meter running for this raid, this is only so I know where the raid stands, and where we can improve. I will NOT boot anyone from the raid for not hitting certain benchmarks.

Sorry for having to push it back so much. I was really hoping to get this started as early as next week. But with graduations, and the 4th of July holiday.. I really did not think we could get 25 crushers geared and in the same place and in a raid mindset that quickly.

So get ready. And let's "Git 'er done!!!"

I'd like to go, although I'm survival spec, I deal similar damage as the other 2 specs though and Expose weakness gives a larger AP boost than TSA, and applies to the whole raid group (against the target that it is proc'd on).

***added during edit***

Yikes, I just read Bar's Post Below (I guess I didn't read the day in your post, Doh!). Cal, Bar, Harne, and myself will be in Kara that night.

Edited by Kailand

Heaven knows I would love to experience this encounter! However, we have just started Karazhan and typically run on Monday/Thursday nights. My loyalty is there until we make more progress.

- Bar

Update:

I'm going to go with Saturday the 14th. As it seems most of the week is full of other raids. This is the best shot we have. So plan on Saturday 7/14/07

Invites will go out at 6:00 pm server time.

Raid will begin promptly at 6:45

I just realized I haven't officially replied to this.

In short, I'm more than interested, however this being a weekend run it becomes increasingly difficult for me to commit myself. There are just too many things that go on during the weekend and I think I'm not the only one in this position. I'll be able to give a more definitive answer closer to the actual raid date.

Also, I'd hate to be the pessimist in the group, but I don't expect a new group to be able to down Magtheridon on the first try. Consistency, reliability and good gear all contribute greatly to the success of a raid. For the best chances at success you should probably try to fix a permanent day and time as well as a roster of committed players.

Let me know if you need help with anything,

Cal

Also, I'd hate to be the pessimist in the group, but I don't expect a new group to be able to down Magtheridon on the first try. Consistency, reliability and good gear all contribute greatly to the success of a raid. For the best chances at success you should probably try to fix a permanent day and time as well as a roster of committed players.

Let me know if you need help with anything,

Cal

I think gear is going to be the biggest problem. The natural progression of things is: heroics, kara, then the 25-mans. And seeing as the crushers have finally decided they want to venture into kara they are not yet geared for the big stuff and most aren't really even geared for kara yet (you shouldn't be wearing greens going in to kara - just makes things harder for everyone).

But hey, Im still willing to give it a go and see how well we do. Hopefully our skill will overcome any obstacles!:tease:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...