Suspending BWL

Waldonnis

Well, I hate to announce this now, but I'm suspending BWL until after 1 January for a few reasons....

First off, attendance in raids is always a problem during this time of year, when so many have family activities, trips planned, personal/work parties to attend, and religious commitments. Since we're not a raiding guild, I cannot nor would I set attendance rules, so I'd rather just pause the raid and let everyone enjoy their real life time over the holidays.

Secondly, I have a duty to the Crushers as an elder that I need to balance out with leading a raid. Holiday times mean more time for some in-game and, seeing as we are an RP guild, I feel it's best to free up as much time as possible to allow for holiday events and RP time. Winter Veil party is coming up and I've already received some questions about planning other events, so I'm looking forward to having an extra night per week to get together with the Clan and toss about some surly Verissi-style RP in good fun...and I encourage others to share in this time of year and explore some roleplaying avenues.

Third, a few are in what I call "pre-BC paralysis" (me included to a certain extent), where we know too much about what's coming and see gear from BWL being tossed aside like yesterday's leftovers in January. Knowing about the coming gear, many folks feel that it's almost pointless to even bother raiding when the tier 2 loot will be replaced by greens and blues in the expansion. I don't know how to counter that, so I'm not going to fight it...I raid for fun and the challenge, with the loot as merely a side-benefit...and it just seems counterproductive to push continued raid progression when so many have plans for January (or immediately, given the PvP changes).

Fourth...addons and UIs right now are a mess. Don't think much more needs to be said here, but every raid so far has been mired in relogging and disconnects....

Lastly, and somewhat bluntly, I've noticed a decline in signups...some of which I attribute to time of year, but I also know that there's a natural tendency to shy away when raids don't progress rapidly or when approvals appear to never come one's way. We cannot "pug BWL" like we could with Onyxia and MC...it's just too complicated to get everything explained and it's pretty important to have people that are used to working together (see Odenn's post on BWL, it's VERY good). I've had a million "if you need people, invite <name>" whispers before and, with few exceptions, I've had to ignore them to avoid even longer explanatory delays or hoping we can get some semblance of a workable class balance. It's not that I want to ignore everyone, but I have to adjust tactics if we get an extra few of any one class and a shortage of another...which adds to what I have to explain if I do have to change it (which sucks).

I know many are anxious and encouraged to defeat Razorgore...and I'm probably at the top of that list, but I'm also a realist and want everyone to have some time to rest and relax with family and friends so we can come back fresh and with some fire :yub:

Hey there, I've been out of town and was all excited for this week. But I totally understand where you are coming from. Just holler when you start back again, I'll bring which ever char helps the most.

I can sympathize with you, V, and stand with you!

I, like Verissi, raid for fun (and loot sometimes :yub: ) and I still want to conquer BWL, level 65 or not, though... (bigtime run-on sentence!)

Get prepped to kick tail after the new year!

I'll be in BWl after BC just to whoop ass. This time of year is hard to get free time with so many things. So it was an understandable and wise choice. BUt you still have to help me with the Dreadstead :devil:

Ya... I hate to be away for the time being... getting my ######e in order and all that... I understand the decision... but that doesnt mean I never want to see Nef downed by the Crushers... I hope that the rigor and determination of out raiders doesn't falter simply because of a little challenge!

yeah bc will have nice gear but t1 and t2 is still good, t1 level 60-65 and t2 level 65-70, something like that, can't remember. I would also like to get the rest of my t2 gear, don't matter if bc is out or not. Then i would like to work on getting my t3 and so on. I will be ready when the sign up's go back up. I also enjoy raiding and i always have fun on raid run's, it's something to look forward to every week.

Edited by chemmy

Totally stand behind your decision V.

Like others have said, I also want to see and conquer this dungeon. I would also love to have my full tier 2 set one day, BC or not. :devil:

Edited by Jadeynn

Pfft I dont care if we are all level 70 - the crushers will stand over the corpse of Nefarian.

Been really tired lately - even before the Vaca - hard to get one's Iron stores up when one has already been borderline anemic BEFORE the rugrat ate up the little reserves I had =p

Good points Verissi, thanks for letting us know.

I am eager to see what BC has in store for us. I am a little worried about BC as we will experience a massive flood of new players and huge queue times. However, I look forward to sharing these new experiences with CS. =)

Rel

I am a little worried about BC as we will experience a massive flood of new players and huge queue times. However, I look forward to sharing these new experiences with CS. =)

Rel

Too late muh brudda.

Friday just always bad for me always dependant on the amount of cargo.

Edited by Oriahtundra