Zuworty's Raid Information

Calendar

Vezax is immune to taunt. This is to prevent ping-ponging him during the Surge to begin with (Buck Flizzard!!).

^^ This. I had forgotten about his taunt immunity until I tried it during our last few attempts while exploring a ping-pong strategy's feasibility.

We did try Chains of Ice on him last 10-man attempt with Christra, and it DID affect him. Not sure how much of a difference it made (I couldn't pay attention while running for dear life), as he seemed to keep bugging out and ignoring the run speed penalty.

Everything that I've read indicates that it does work, but post-3.2, he won't completely stop on application any longer (no stutter-stepping; movement command doesn't need to be reissued to start moving again once the patch hits). I hadn't even thought about chains, since it hadn't worked on any other boss that I've tried it on. I'll swap to the keybinds that I use for Ignis to make this a bit quicker and easier on my fingers. Should only need one of us to apply it and since my damage output isn't going to be as high as Taiden's, I'm the best choice for chains to free up his runes for actual damage (assuming I'm not also interrupting on the run). Curious, though, if Chains works, judging Justice might also...may want to try it and see if you haven't already.

All I can think of is to have hope that my spec modification will give me the survival boost I need.

Pursuit should buy you plenty of room if he behaves properly during Surges. I'm pretty sure it doesn't stack with Body and Soul, though, so there shouldn't be a need to "prioritise" which priest casts PW:S on you (not 100% of this, but I can't imagine it would; worth double-checking). This would probably make Bralor's shield a bit more desirable for the extra absorption.

Edited by Waldonnis

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job last night all! We sent Vezax back to Red Lobster where he belongs. But we're far from done!

http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=33288

Above is Yogg Saron's entry. Ignore the comments, as most of it is Lore-related stuff and not a lot of strategy. It's 3 phases of madness, and a LOT of abilities to study. If you thought C'thun was confusing, think again!

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/49663-...yogg-saron.html

This Tankspot link contains many videos, as well as tips from StratFu. Please review them so you have a general idea as to what is going to happen during the madness.

Skip Ignis next week?

Yes?

No?

Maybe?

NOES! /bullinchinashop

From the look of the Optional Boss Loot list, a lot of people still need stuff from him (not just myself). If we do kill him, can we try the fast-burn/4 minute kill?

We do this in 10-man by tanking him so he's facing the pool. That way Scorches immediately despawn via the water, and people don't have to run amok avoiding the flame patches/catching up to Holy. DPS can flip out on him while his back is turned as he remains still (except for when he grabs crotch pot people), resulting in a very fast kill with minimal movement.

The downside is that we'll need a strong OT to grab every add, which makes it a DPS race. I can normally hold Iggy + 5 or 6 adds on 10-man fine, but on Heroic things scale much differently.

I don't care either way with Ignis. I know a few people would like some items from him. There is a pair of bracers that would be a slight upgrade for me, but not a MUST HAVE

Grats on killing the oversized lobster! See, all you had to do was get rid of the gimp pally, and you win!

And Anamarie says you all suck. I sense jealousy! :)

I look forward to killing him with you guys next week. As for Ignis, I agree with those who want to keep working on him, but try for the speed kill while we're at it.

See you next week!

-Kadi

Kadi we took a straw poll, you are the weakest link!!! Good bye! Just kidding. I say we skip RS and Ignis, and do what ever hardmodes you want. At least the time spent killing hard mode bosses, we can make up some time by skipping a couple of the lesser ones

Jestin

So I've gotten into this bad habit of doing too many WoW-related things at work...

I just spent an unbelievable amount of time trying to learn the ins and outs of Yogg-Saron and I have to say:

Please go read up on this fight!

There is just WAY too much crap going on in all 3 phases for folks to expect that they'll understand the mechanics of the fight after 1 night. If we want to speed up the learning process and not wipe on this guy for the next month, we REALLY need to have *EVERYONE* read up.

This fight relies on *EVERYONE* doing their jobs!

This fight relies on *EVERYONE* doing their jobs!

I already sense failure.

Don't worry, I have a new flask button!

FlaskButton.jpg

We'll be fine!

Edited by Kadi

Thanks Kailand for the help, now i'm good on my shoulder enchant! :)

Also they should have a mod that flasks for you.... actually they should make a mod that plays the whole dam game for you haha

Thanks Kailand for the help, now i'm good on my shoulder enchant! :)

Also they should have a mod that flasks for you.... actually they should make a mod that plays the whole dam game for you haha

No Orcala this week? Who will we ever find to tank Kologarn's right arm?

K

I knew it. You DO raid with a Whack-A-Mole stylus! :)

Some little tips to remember for Yogg.

P1

- Adds spawn slowly, but increase in speed gradually as the phase drags out. According to Bosskillers, it's roughly 30 seconds between spawns, rapidly increasing to perhaps 10 seconds, until you transition to phase 2.

- Use this Yogg Saron P1 Cloud Test prior to entering the room. Touching clouds = bad, as they can force a Guardian to spawn early.

- Tanks must interrupt the 35-yard Shadowbolt Volley. MC can't be avoided, as it is instant (but can trinket/bubble/block/WotF out of it)

- It takes 8 or 9 Guardians to blow up Sara. Melee must be careful, as the Guardians explode upon death, easily killing any non-tank for around 25k Shadow damage.

P2

- Players with Grid/Decursive (or any debuff management tools) should be ready to dispel debuffs on-the-go as they whittle down adds.

- Concerning Crusher Tentacles: These spawn every minute. The stackable buff they get can be dispelled by doing no damage for one second. This does not include DoTs ticking.

- For a list of spells which reduce Sanity, click here. Battle rezes do NOT work on Insane players, nor do Soulstones or pally bubbles. Zero Sanity is still zero, even if you somehow come back to life.

P3

- As soon as phase 3 begins, Yogg-Saron stops spawning any new tentacles. However, any remaining tentacles from phase 2 will persist into phase 3.

- Thorim kills any Immortal Guardians reduced to 1% life. When they are low on health, Yogg will try to heal them if they are within 20 yards of the boss. Yogg can heal multiple Guardians at any time.

For pictures of the general boss room as well as Cloud pathing, Bosskillers has some good imagery and strat ideas.

I knew it. You DO raid with a Whack-A-Mole stylus! :)

Some little tips to remember for Yogg.

P1

- Adds spawn slowly, but increase in speed gradually as the phase drags out. According to Bosskillers, it's roughly 30 seconds between spawns, rapidly increasing to perhaps 10 seconds, until you transition to phase 2.

- Use this Yogg Saron P1 Cloud Test prior to entering the room. Touching clouds = bad, as they can force a Guardian to spawn early.

- Tanks must interrupt the 35-yard Shadowbolt Volley. MC can't be avoided, as it is instant (but can trinket/bubble/block/WotF out of it)

- It takes 8 or 9 Guardians to blow up Sara. Melee must be careful, as the Guardians explode upon death, easily killing any non-tank for around 25k Shadow damage.

P2

- Players with Grid/Decursive (or any debuff management tools) should be ready to dispel debuffs on-the-go as they whittle down adds.

- Concerning Crusher Tentacles: These spawn every minute. The stackable buff they get can be dispelled by doing no damage for one second. This does not include DoTs ticking.

- For a list of spells which reduce Sanity, click here. Battle rezes do NOT work on Insane players, nor do Soulstones or pally bubbles. Zero Sanity is still zero, even if you somehow come back to life.

P3

- As soon as phase 3 begins, Yogg-Saron stops spawning any new tentacles. However, any remaining tentacles from phase 2 will persist into phase 3.

- Thorim kills any Immortal Guardians reduced to 1% life. When they are low on health, Yogg will try to heal them if they are within 20 yards of the boss. Yogg can heal multiple Guardians at any time.

For pictures of the general boss room as well as Cloud pathing, Bosskillers has some good imagery and strat ideas.

Just a quick suggestion if you don't mind

The group i been doing it with just split up the DPS in P1. They had most of the DPS just stand by the door, and some select DPS to be standing just outside circle in the middle of the room (on the opposite side of the room, this group is a ranged DPS group) and what they do is just have the tanks keep kiting the guardians to the door, let the DPS get him to 20-25%, then tanks kit him back to the middle and let that other ranged DPS group finish them off, and just keep repeating this process. Just thought i would throw this out there for you guys, it works really good for us, as long as people obviously stay away from clouds, this should work really good.

PLEASE can we cancel tonight?

Lots of changes to our specs....we all need to respec, figure out if we have to regem......figure out our new rotations......

Deal with the Q.

Deal with the lag.

Buch of monkeys.

PLEASE?:p?

Lots of changes to our specs....we all need to respec, figure out if we have to regem......figure out our new rotations......

Deal with the Q.

Deal with the lag.

Buch of monkeys.

For now the answer to that question is NO.

I would have expected our raiders to follow up on their classes and spell rotation changes. Not all classes/roles need to respec.

Despite the fact that epic gems have appeared, I would not expect our raiders to have everything regem immediately. That is completely unreasonable and postponing a raid for that doesn't seem like such a great idea.

As far as the queue is concern, I can only hope that our raiders are a little more proactive and have try logging on in advanced.

Lag we can do nothing about. If we get too much than we can cancel.

With the new raids showing up, I think it's time we put our game faces on and really aim at completing Ulduar on both normal and hard modes!

Deal with the Q.

Deal with the lag.

Buch of monkeys.

As far as the queue is concern, I can only hope that our raiders are a little more proactive and have try logging on in advanced.

J O B that spells work!

Great job last night on surviving XT and his army of possessed toys. And yes, this also affects 10-man Ulduar. :p

Blizz is supposeably working on it. http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...=2&sid=1#21

Flame Leviathan is also borked: we left two towers up, yet he was buffed as if Freya's was still active. Grr.

If you want a laugh, here's another guild's movie of said XT-002 "bug": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hptpAYt7mSM. Skip to about 1:50 min in for the fun part.

Edited by Holyssa

I won't be able to make it Thursday-I will be travelling.

<Start the flow of tears now>

K

Just make sure you decline the invite so that I know that you're not coming.

For the rest of you:

We'll be finishing off Mimi, Vezax and working on Yogg-Saron....BE PREPARED!

I won't be able to make it Thursday-I will be travelling.

<Start the flow of tears now>

K

Just make sure you decline the invite so that I know that you're not coming.

For the rest of you:

We'll be finishing off Mimi, Vezax and working on Yogg-Saron....BE PREPARED!

Change of plans has me traveling friday morning-I will be here for Thursday's run

<Let the rejoicing begin>

K

K

Edited by Karrock