Next expansion announced

Huato

It was as if millions fo blood elves cried out then suddenly went silent..... one hero class is truly garbage IMO.

And PvP with worldwide buffs? Cmon Blizz lets give Alliance yet ANOTHER static buff for their zerg lol

New form is enticing though. Big Bad Wolf form, like a beserking mix of cat and bear, on cooldown and short duration, then at the end gives you the ability to turn another player into lil red riding hood lol

What I saw in the press release didn't thrill me. And the fact that they've already announced expansion 2 is also troublesome. How much time passed before they announced TBC? I don't recall it being only eight months after the initial release. I may have to start considering a different MMO myself, though I have doubts it'll be Warhammer. A pvp-centric game is not likely to thrill me.

Well, this should not be a surprise. Blizzard stated when they announced BC that they were aiming to release a new expansion every 12 months once BC hit the shelves.

I don't really believe this has anything to do with Warhammer's release date since they announced this schedule more than a year ago.

• 2 weeks later...

What I saw in the press release didn't thrill me. And the fact that they've already announced expansion 2 is also troublesome. How much time passed before they announced TBC? I don't recall it being only eight months after the initial release. I may have to start considering a different MMO myself, though I have doubts it'll be Warhammer. A pvp-centric game is not likely to thrill me.

boink.. this also worries me.. again as usual poor ole blizzard has somehow managed to cater to the top 2-10% of gamers.. Instead of revamping up ole zones an making them both useful an functional, they seem to just keep blasting the ' death rock ' music an throwing in more power trips to keep the top tier of players happy.. Sure the guild has gotten around to finally crusher some of the BC end game stuph but why is that? Because everyone who was anyone burned through to 70 an realized it was end game, or nothing but an empty but pretty lil dress.

I just find it pointless to WASTE 5-12 hours a day for the chance at a dropped item ( that you have to raid for 2-3? days a week ) only to replace it every few months.. or finding that by the time you get all those items you wanted that suddenly they are pointless because all the BC end game content is gonna go the way of pre-bc content.. That poor ###### Ragnoros just sits in his lair wondering why no one ever bothers to even stop by anymore.. I had hoped that with the next expansion I could come back an enjoy the game again, but who wants to burn up another 10 levels, an ruin their life just to get some new shinny crap? I hope that someday they take note of the majority of the players an remove stupid req's like raid timers, or extremely limited boss drops so more people can actually enjoy the game, the hardcore raiders be damned, because though they may whine the most they are an EXTREME minority.. hmph.. but im sure once i get a look at all the new things ill be dragged back in.. hah

All MMOs do this. Also, historically, the expansions get put out faster and faster the farther from original lauch it becomes. People wither get annoyed, or learn it is important to no put the loot on such a high pedestal and figure out something more meaningful or at least fun.

Yep. And end game is going to be the focus. That's the point of a level cap in any MMO really. Yes it can suck donkey balls, but it is where the challenges lie. No one ever said you have to raid, nor do you have to pvp constantly. You do have a choice, but if you see something you want or want to experience the challenges and the story lines, then you're pretty much obligated to raid.

To be honest, the story line would not feel epic nor would many of the encounters if you could solo play the entire game.

There is a difference between epic encounters and really not being able to do ANYTHING.

Take me for example - I am lucky to get an hour a two of play time a night. And there is nothing I can do in WoW besides farm with that time frame.

I am not going to neglect my son to experience a video game that wants you to sink as much time as humanly possible in it. Sure they want their game to be a time sink to keep making money - but since I had Gabe - is frustrating myself so much to experience what I pay for to just prance around in pixels really worth it? I dont think so. Sure it would be fun - but not worth the frustration, the friends lost over loot lust etc etc.

I just have a feeling that WoW is going to start getting worse and worse as Blizzard rushes out more and more expansions - but thats coming from a person who had to quit her gaming addiction cold turkey =p

The only MMO that I have played that doesn't require a time sink as bad as the rest so far is Guild Wars. It too is a time sink, but not nearly as bad as WoW or the rest of the bunch.

It's ultimately your money and your decision to play - Blizzard isn't about to change, nor will most or all of the other monthly-subscription based MMOs - this is their life blood and they aren't about to change to suit people like us with families.

The scary thing is Blizzard will bring in more money than the top 3 or 4 movies (combined) grossed this year at the box office for WoW.

I am not going to neglect my son to experience a video game that wants you to sink as much time as humanly possible in it. Sure they want their game to be a time sink to keep making money - but since I had Gabe - is frustrating myself so much to experience what I pay for to just prance around in pixels really worth it? I dont think so. Sure it would be fun - but not worth the frustration, the friends lost over loot lust etc etc.

Totally agree. The nature of the MMOs that are out there are not catering to us grown folks who have priorities, bills, and other adult happy fun stuff.

It is improving, slowly, but WoW definately isnt a causal gamers game. Unless you enjoy the simpler things about the game.

Crikrunner and myself agree there needs to be some innovation and change in the very nature of MMOs dynamics to end the trap/obstacle/bedlam of raiding. Since EQ in '99 theres been no real change in the formula? Maybe some day there will be niche MMOs, or genres, which cater to different styles. Ah well we can hope.

There is a difference between epic encounters and really not being able to do ANYTHING.

Take me for example - I am lucky to get an hour a two of play time a night. And there is nothing I can do in WoW besides farm with that time frame.

I just have a feeling that WoW is going to start getting worse and worse as Blizzard rushes out more and more expansions - but thats coming from a person who had to quit her gaming addiction cold turkey =p

No, I think you're right Maube. I've far preferred Warcraft to the only other MMO I've tried, City of Heroes, but CoH did do some things better. Group synergy for one and also, relevant to this, I think they've had a better model for new content. Azeroth is a static world. It doesn't change at all. All the new content is at the very end, and it's all tacked on to the existing material. Some *very few* change in the end-game zones, and the addition of new material at that very end of the line. Paragon City's been a much more dynamic place. There's movement along the end stage, but there's a fair amount of change throughout the game, and it's not all tacked on to existing content, it includes changes to older content.