The Azeroth Derby!

Maube

::the slim undead mage scribbled some words upon a parchment, grinning mischeviously.::

Ahhh yes... dah Crushahs might find dis amusin!

::Hammering the notice to the logs of the Crusher's headquarters::

Attention all Crushers and Friends! On the 9th of January dah Mage Maube is holding a race! Join us in the Shimmering Flats at 9pm! There will be three races run! One for those Crushers on foot, one for those Crushers younger then 60 and those Crushers of the eldest age! Prizes will be awarded! Feel free to make bets upon the Crushers and their mounts (or footsies!) If you intend on Racing... please fill out the bottom portion of this Scribble!

Dabu and good luck!

PS use whatever means (except sprint or blink for those on foot) tah win dah race!

Name of Contestant:

Name of Mount:

Ahhh... you all just know that ol' bones Benim ready for this event!! Spectacular idea!!! (Will be there as long as I do not work that night!)

Off to do some wind sprints!!! :devil:

alrighty Crushers!

Time to hash out some of the rules of the Derby.

Since I forgot about those travel forms...

Race 1: Players who have reached their 60th Season.

-Spurs are allowed

-Carrot is allowed

-Enchants are allowed

Whatever is in your arsenal USE it!

Race 2: Players 40th Season to 59th

-Spurs are allowed

-Carrot is allowed

-Enchants are allowed

Race 3: Travel Forms

-Druids 30th season and up

-Shamans 20th season and up

-Hunters with Cheetah allowed to run this one

Minor Speed enchants are permitted

Race 4: Season 1 until 39th

(May have to change this race from the shimmering flats... dont want anyone getting chewed up! thinking about making it from the Valley of Trials to Org!)

-Sprint, Blink, MotC not permitted (to give everyone the chance!)

-Minor speed enchants are permitted!

Race 5: Pet race!

-Hunters can allow their pets to compete against each other no holds barred!

-Winning pet can expect some YUMMY Savory Deviate Delight courtesy of Tazzy

Each race winner will get a prize. Kodyak was nice enough to donate the prize for the 60s!

And PLEASE... if yah have a mount, make sure to have a name for said mount! Remember we are here to RP!

One race per person please! (Pets have their own so hunters technically can enter twice... but the beast prize is just edibles =) ))

((And as always... taking donations for prizes, have a week to get the rest of them ::laughs!::D)

Any questions or ideas... please PM me!

-Druids and Shammys only permitted

Edited by Maube

I be dere for sure!

I race in numbah 4.

Name: Gaji

And den I enter mah pet in numbah 5

Name: Bane

Species: Ghostpaw Alpha

Edited by Gaji

With the queue issue, I will *TRY* to be there tonight. With my schedule and kids, I am not sure because of how long the queue's have been the last couple days.

*here's to hoping the queue won't be bad tonight!*

::sighs:: Yah... dah Q is gunna put a rain on dah race I am sure.

Hear the Q hit 1k last night....

Get in the game 1 hour sooner than you normally do. It works most of the time, if you get a long queue you still in time.

I'll be there... But I do see a problem. People who hit 60 don't get their epic mount automagically (well, not all), so the break up must be based in what type of mount it is using.

Wooooogah!

A Great Time was had!

Congratulations to dah Winnahs!

Huato an his Kodo Zedd be winnin aginst Rhoachie... an he won dah grand Prize... a LIFESTONE! (Dabu Kodyak)

Dah Regular mount race was close, but Tainish an his Dreadsteed Flamesnort won by a nose! His prize was a Medallion of Grand Marshall Morris! Ub course... it looked like Greenbull's Kodo pulled a tendon at the last leg ub dah race!

Next came up dem Trabel Forms!

It wuz a pack ub wolvies! But Depaa pulled out in frnt and BLASTED ahead ub dem udders! He won a Traveler's Backpack!

And den the last race... a hard race... specially tah judge...

So Dabu Huato fer bein dah Flashie Clicker Pickture Maker Person!

At first... Xephist crossed dat finish line... but was later disqualified fer blinking! Bad Xephist! so we had tah wait until dah pickture was brought out fer study...

An Dah judges ruled dhat Gaji was dah Winnah! Wit Walorin and Xiris close behin him! He won a Journeyman's Backpack a stack ub savory deviate delights an two free enchants!

WOoooogah! Grats to yah winnahs and DABU fer yah losahs!

An good news.. dere will be anudder Derby comin soon!

Dhat nekkid Troll Rhoach sed he'd donate mur prizes... an next time it will be around dah BIG track! So get everyone toned up an readee!

(( thank you all for coming =) I really appreciate it! And I will post the SSs soon! ))

Dah Regular mount race was close, but Tainish an his Dreadsteed Flamesnort won by a nose!  His prize was a Medallion of Grand Marshall Morris!  Ub course... it looked like Greenbull's Kodo pulled a tendon at the last leg ub dah race!

:p

My Caps Lock snaped and the kodo stopped, I was winning by a fair distance. On my screen, I recovered the lost time and won, but the latency makes all people see different, and then Tainish gained... Poor Jeremias (my kodo), he tought it was his fault! Then I chalenged Tainish for a 1x1 run and won :)

Tainish was very kind offering the price to me, but I have bought the Medalion on the AH 2 days ago :)

I was only running to let my Jeremias happy :)

The latency made I see me winning the whole 'on foot' race, but Rhoach saw it too, and I guess that everybody did. WoW is not a racing game, after all :)

But it was fun, thanks Maube for bringing this up! :)

What great fun! Especially dat foot race, although me undead eyes be even undeader after seeing all of us nekkid runners!

An fer what it's worth,, Greenbull, on my screen *I* won both my races! So yep me thinks WoW isn't really built for accurate perceptions from our own computers. Great, GREAT fun -- dabu ta Maube fer pulling dis one together.

/wonders uneasily if nekkid pictures will be posted . . .

Maube, post dem screenshots! :)

Greenbull...I know what you mean...When I play AB it always looks like I make it out the gate first, but in reality the group usually exits at the same time, so it can be misleading. That's why Maube and I took screenshots to verify at the end of the track. :p

I was watching your mount race, and it looked like you were going to win then you stopped. I was wondering what had happened.

• 6 months later...

The Chieftan brushed away the faded sign and pinned a new sign in its place.

The Azerothian Derby shall be Held once again! Open to All Skullcrushers and our Allies!

August 2nd at 8:30 PM in the Shimmering Flats.

This season, the Race shall be around the larger track where pitfalls and Scorpions may very well catch you off your guard!

Prizes will be awarded for the fastest:

Epic Mount

Regular Mount

Pet

Travel Form (includes Aspect of the Cheetah)

And the obligatory Nekkid Race! (Must sign a Waiver if you want to participate in this one)

Entries must state which race you will participate for officially, you can race the others, but mind you, one needs to state which one they are chosing to race for to get a prize!

• 1 year later...