So who still plans on playing?

Martok

It's been a while since we've talked about who plans on joining us in DDO.

BB had planned on leading our expansion into this game, not sure if he still does... but from what I gather, these are the people that I know will be joining us:

BB (guild leader)

Borg

Balandar

Martok

Hudson (you don't get a choice!)

Others that have expressed an interest:

Kaer from WoW

Volonazra (expressed an interest, but not sure where he stands)

Lora (not sure if we can ever pull her away from UO)

The game is scheduled to come out in Feb. Beta has been in full swing for a while. I haven't been able to get in touch with Syban, who should have had access since Alpha.

I know we have another website member in beta, but I can't remember who!

Other than that, myself, Balandar, and Hudson had an opportunity to play the game at Gencon.

For those of you who have not followed the game, its not a traditional MMORPG... there is no experience for killing baddies, but for the completion of quests and events.

There is no regeneration of mana and hitpoints as in most games, those can only be replenished through resting. The most compelling part of gameplay is the "puzzle solving" involved. Where you might think the only way to make it through the quest in the bowels of the dungeon is to eliminate all the monsters, that often is the hardest way. Sneaking around them, opening a sealed door, or finding some artifact of power is the norm in the game.

So who's in? :(

Lora (not sure if we can ever pull her away from UO)

well i plan on buying it , but for all that are in please tell me its not like Wow graphics if it is ill attempt but maynot be able to hack it

but i should be in Tok be great to play with you all again

I too will be playing DDO, gonna reserve my copy this Friday. WooT!

:sorry:I can't hack SWG anymore, the bugs have killed my fun. So, til DDO comes out, I will be on DnL and Guild Wars.

:drinks:Looking forward to gaming with others in THE family!

Ill be there. I may wait a month or two to see how I goes. The companies involved are suspect to me. They better "bring it" on this game or it will bomb. There are alot of high expectations in the old D&D fans. Also, I do have responsiblity to the WoW guild. I cant afford multple subscriptions.

Well most of you dont know me... but I am in WoW ::grins::

Ah will be trying out DDO, I try practically every one of the Games around. but I am a hardcore D&D fan... so if they fudge it up... not happenin :yub:

dont see myself giving up WoW however... I dont have the frustration that I had in EQ or FFXI

• 5 weeks later...

Heya gang, its been a LONG time!

I was happily surprized that i remembered my login here and it still worked! Thanks Bal!

After a break from gaming I will be coming back to try D&D. I'd be real interested to hook up with you guys again and start a new game. I'll keep in touch now that I have the boards address again and sorry its been so long....

Tok! Tell Balt I said hello if you still talk to him. I still talk to Rasha and I think he's in on trying D&D too

Good to hear from you Lan!

I'd be happy to see you and even Rasha in DDO with us! Should be a blast!

Yes, I still see Baltazar from time to time. He hasn't been into games lately as he's into RC Cars now.

I figured you were still in DAoC. Argos (Osiirus) keeps calling me wanting me to join him in DAoC. pffft. as if!

Anyhow, glad you stopped by the forums and hope to see you in DDO!

*Pokes Smed*

:friends:

It looks good, but I'm probably going to stay with WoW. I've managed to stay with it since inception, and it's the first game to hold my attention that long, so it looks like I'll stick with it solely for the forseeable future.

I may change my mind, but WoW and the Crushers are my (gaming) home now.

Heya gang, its been a LONG time!

I was happily surprized that i remembered my login here and it still worked!  Thanks Bal!

After a break from gaming I will be coming back to try D&D.  I'd be real interested to hook up with you guys again and start a new game.  I'll keep in touch now that I have the boards address again and sorry its been so long....

Tok!  Tell Balt I said hello if you still talk to him.  I still talk to Rasha and I think he's in on trying D&D too

Damn Lan, it has been a while. Good to see you back on the forums

I'll be in there as well. Really looking forward to it. I played in two of the stress tests (not sure if there were more than that) and had a blast. I have the game preordered which btw gives you 10 days of beta access and access to the game before launch.

Well, I am highly disappointed in DDO. I was/am able to preview the game thanks to a friend sending me a code. I doubt I will be buying this game when it comes out. Yeah, I know, I was the one planting hopes in this game for us all to play. Next time, hopes stay low til I try it out.

The graphics were flat to me. No oohs and ahhs were heard while I played the tutorial. The targetting system was annoying, much like the new SWG system ... YUCK. Not being able to turn off players names above their heads was frustrating. The monotonous drone of the DM's voice - I mean, he could be a little more 'animated' when speaking of kobolds running to attack you. Not being able to examine all or any things in a room was disheartening. The merchants don't even 'red out' the weapons/armor you can't use so you end up wasting gold on items if you arent' alert enough to know what you can use.

Things I did like were few and far in between - the music, the idea of having a DM speak when you are on quests, the dice roll shown on screen and the prospect of playing with you all once again.

I am sorry, I can't see myself buying this game unless the monthly cost is well below $10 a month.

Til then, I will be on Guild Wars and playing NeverWinter Nights. :)

Archived