Zuworty's Raid Information

Calendar

http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=33350

The Wowhead entry for this weirdo has a very detailed list of his spells and tricks. Like Zu said, please read it. It's a LOT better than explaining it, which is probably gonna take forever ala Reliquary of Souls due to all the crap we will be fighting off at once.

EDIT: Blizzard has weird timing. Mimi got nerfed, but it's Hard Mode (aka "Push the Big Red Button" mode), so it doesn't really apply to us just yet:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...14070&sid=1

The hard mode of the Mimiron encounter has received the following changes: the damage of the flames has been reduced, the damage/health gained from the Emergency Buff has been slightly reduced, the range of the Emergency Fire Bot’s Deafening Siren ability has been reduced in heroic difficulty and this ability is no longer cast in normal difficulty, the damage of Heat Wave in phase 2 has been reduced, and the damage from Plasma Blast in phase 1 has been reduced.
Edited by Holyssa

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are pretty bad storms in the area. If I am not online its because I have no power or cant get online. Hope to be there tonight.

Edited by Markenhoof

Hey guys,

Tonight's Raid

I hope everyone's well rested after our week off. Tonight's roster looks pretty solid. We will be missing only 1 person: Markenhoof. I'll likely be substituting him for a DPS (since our healers seem to be able to handle the healing requirements with their current numbers).

Karrock and Heiliger will be late, but no more than 30min (so we'll be doing Leviathan without them). If you have friends who would like to participate in the first boss fight, please let me know.

Progress

On another note, now that everyone is refreshed I want to make a push to improve our progress. That means faster pulling, we spend an obscene amount of time "setting up". If we can keep focus we can certainly shave off a good 20min from waiting around before pulls. (To Holy: Yes I want you to pull faster, but don't kill our healers :()

It also means we need to start considering which bosses we can skip. I want everyone to look closely at the loot they need. If we find spots where we can cut corners than that would be great! (i.e Ignis, Razorscale, Iron Council, etc.)

Achievements

Ok, so we haven't really been looking in doing achievements. I think achievements is a great way to spark some interest in the more boring/farmed encounters. I'm open to suggestions, if anyone wants to attempt a specific feat, let me know. =)

To Holy: Yes I want you to pull faster, but don't kill our healers

What? No Heart-Attack Modes? Godammit. :(

It also means we need to start considering which bosses we can skip. I want everyone to look closely at the loot they need. If we find spots where we can cut corners than that would be great! (i.e Ignis, Razorscale, Iron Council, etc.)

Shall we put together a list of stuff we need from these guys? We did something like this for TK/SSC before moving on to Hyjal, and it seemed to work out okay. (Damn you Ignis, drop that trinket!)

Ok, so we haven't really been looking in doing achievements. I think achievements is a great way to spark some interest in the more boring/farmed encounters. I'm open to suggestions, if anyone wants to attempt a specific feat, let me know. =)

Some I had in mind:

Flame Leviathan + 2: We had SOME experience with this in Kailand's run. It just requires constant movement if you leave up Hodir & Thorim's pillars like we did.

XT-002: Hard mode seems do-able for this. He wasn't that hard to tank in 10-man, but it took some getting used to when it came to the new adds, and we had a lot of mana issues near the end. Except mama moo. She saved my life here. lol

Iggy:

Stokin' the Furnace: We did this on 10-man by tanking Iggy so the Scorches despawned in the water pools, and just pig-piling adds on me. Healers flipped out on MT, and we nuked. Should be even easier with multiple offtanks, and will make the fight less tedious, as it becomes a DPS race and less about add-killing/running amok.

Iron Council:

I Choose You, Runemaster Molgeim!: This was a pain in the a$$ on 10-man due to a lack of AoE. Might be able to pull this off with our increased numbers, but all it gives is the Algalon quest and extra badges. Extra loot only comes if you kill the fat one last.

Kologarn:

With Open Arms: A DPS race, sacrificing people to the "squeeze" debuff, although it involves a bit of luck because he grabs three people on 25-man. If important folks get gripped (tank healers, etc), then DPS on the arms needs to be very careful and not blow them up.

If Looks Could Kill: This affects pets according to Wowhead. Just run from the him when he

Auraya:

Nine Lives: Kill the Defender 9 times. Will probably require extra trash clearing to make kiting room, but it doesn't sound all that bad.

Edited by Holyssa

If we want to do better at Flame leviathan, people need to stick to the role that best suits them, and do the task that that role requires:

Demolisher Gunners (AKA 'ammo'): your task is to get your self launched and kill the turrets ASAP. Caster DPS are best suited to this role due to range requirements (Mages/elemental shamans/shadow priest/warlocks/balance druids), hunters and melee are not appropriate to be 'ammo'. having _ONE_ healer up there could be useful too. Once you are off the leviathan, wait for a chopper to pick you up.

Demolisher Drivers: your task is to nuke the leviathan at range, preferable MAX range, and to launch your 'ammo' as soon as you can when the leviathan starts moving. Save your fuel for when the leviathan shuts down, since it will do more damage (spam that button during shut down). at no time should you be ramming the leviathan.

Choppers: your only task is to pick up the 'ammo' people when the flame leviathan stops, and then heal them up. you must get near them and make sure they hop in, and then deliver them to a free demolisher. if this isn't accomplished then we fail.

Seige engine driver: your task is to interrupt the flame vents, any other damage you do is secondary. save enough steam to do this. you should also start moving away from the leviathan when your boss mods say he will switch targets in about 5 seconds to minimize damage. use your speed boost to get back into range after he selects a new target.

Seige engine gunner: your task is to DPS the leviathan, and to use the shield if your demolisher is targeted and within close range to the leviathan.

As for doing other achievements, there are some fun and easy ones related to the leviathan, and for razorscale. In my opinion early hardmode encounters (like XT002) are easier than mimiron/vezax normal modes, and we should start thinking about doing it, although our DPS needs to improve (alot... we need atleast 5-10k more DPS to have DPS race enounters to be viable) as it becomes a DPS race, as well as a situation aware fight... 1 mistake can wipe the raid in hard mode.

My remaining wishlist items start with Hodir/Thorim at this point, so I'm game for skipping anything possible prior to that.

Personally, I think we should start considering doing three tries on a hard mode per night on one boss, though (just pick one per night to try). I know we could use a little more gear, but we should at least see how we're stacking up at this stage against those. I would much rather think about stuff like that than the cosmetic achievements. The sooner we can get those down, the sooner we can just start doing them on hard mode every time and the less time we'll need to commit to backtracking for them.

If we don't do it or even come close after three attempts, so be it, but at least we'll have something to measure against in future attempts and we can come back and try again a week or two later after more gear gets distributed. This means, though, that we need to cycle through attempts quickly, so rapid rebuffing/prepping is key for not wasting more time than needed.

Personally, I think we should start considering doing three tries on a hard mode per night on one boss, though (just pick one per night to try). I know we could use a little more gear, but we should at least see how we're stacking up at this stage against those. I would much rather think about stuff like that than the cosmetic achievements. The sooner we can get those down, the sooner we can just start doing them on hard mode every time and the less time we'll need to commit to backtracking for them.

That's a great idea Waldy and closer to the kind of thing I was aiming for.

My remaining wishlist items start with Hodir/Thorim at this point, so I'm game for skipping anything possible prior to that.

I'd like to encourage EVERYONE to give me their list of items for the following bosses (only consider normal mode loot please).

Ignis

Razorscale

Iron Council

Auriaya

I will give folks a couple (2) weeks to come up with a list, after that we'll make a decision as to which of these bosses we're putting on the chopping block. Also, please feel to split your list into 2 categories: NEED and LIKE TO HAVE, that way I can differentiate between the best-in-slot (or close to) items and temporary upgrades.

Edited by Calendar

I'd like to encourage EVERYONE to give me their list of items for the following bosses (only consider normal mode loot please).

Ignis

Razorscale

Iron Council

Auriaya

I will give folks a couple (2) weeks to come up with a list, after that we'll make a decision as to which of these bosses we're putting on the chopping block. Also, please feel to split your list into 2 categories: NEED and LIKE TO HAVE, that way I can differentiate between the best-in-slot (or close to) items and temporary upgrades.

All the crap I need is off the bosses we havent beat yet... oh and will we have enough orbs for my boots on Thursday? Gotta keep my dps up there!

:smurf:

Ignis

Razorscale

Iron Council

Auriaya

All the crap I need is off the bosses we havent beat yet... oh and will we have enough orbs for my boots on Thursday? Gotta keep my dps up there!

I sent you the orbs! Check your mail you newb! :p

Also...by the looks of it we'll start skipping some of those initial bosses sooner rather than later.

Edited by Calendar

Ignis

Razorscale

Iron Council

Auriaya

I sent you the orbs! Check your mail you newb! :p

Also...by the looks of it we'll start skipping some of those initial bosses sooner rather than later.

Auriaya is one boss we shouldn't skip... I can almost guarantee that we will be accidentally pulling her frequently if we don't kill her.

I wasn't thinking we'd actually skip her. But in the event where it would be convenient too, it's good information to know.

Ok guys, to stress the fact that we are aiming for progression and will be cutting out the optional bosses here is what's happening in terms of loot:

Folks who have supplied me with a list of items they would like to have or need to have will automatically get priority in the distribution regardless of their DKP standing.

The above rule is important because I want the loot to go to the people who have put an effort in determining what is best for their class/role.

So please don't postpone in providing me with this information!

I sent you the orbs! Check your mail you newb! :smurf:

You must of sent them to me right after I made this post haha

Lets get to the last two bosses this week!

Ignis

Razorscale

Iron Council

Auriaya

List sent. You can take me off the orb list for the boots, I just need the waist at this point.

K

I'm liking forcing folks to give me loot list. I can see that people are trying to put an effort in coming up with an upgrading strategy. I might even consider extending looting rules in such a way for all bosses....discuss :smurf:

BTW Karrock, you were position #8 for the boots, but since I'm taking those off, I bumped the belt to position #8.

Edited by Calendar

Where is the list for orbs?

I originally said belt, but I'd rather have boots! I even think Orcala has the pattern. Wonder if she has the skill?

All the loot lists, Runed Orb list and reageant distribution order are written down on a Google spreadsheet.

You can ask the spreadsheet at this link here:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p3P...zjNGwDeY2Mfvqeg

OR

You can go read the first post in this thread and there's a link to the roster (it's the SAME link)

All the loot lists, Runed Orb list and reageant distribution order are written down on a Google spreadsheet.

You can ask the spreadsheet at this link here:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p3P...zjNGwDeY2Mfvqeg

OR

You can go read the first post in this thread and there's a link to the roster (it's the SAME link)

Please update the spreadsheet and add Rune Edge for me off of council.

K