I know some of yall voted for him too

Oriahtundra

;)

To remind you what John Kerry said yesterday on TV, and refuses to apologize to the troops for.

<B>''You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq.''</B>

-- Sen. John Kerry

And the reaction of our Troops in Iraq - hilarious!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/Mari...pusnirakls1.jpg

Edited by Oriahtundra

I rofl'd for a long time the first time I saw that. Just goes to show you that everyone has room for improvement when it comes to the verbal (or written) expression of their ideas or views.

Of course, one wonders if he made the slip, or if his speech writer did that ( ;) ). . . I don't know which would be worse though, him screwing up or that he didn't catch it when he first read the speech.

Poor senators. They can't pander to one segment of America without offending the rest of it. Kerry needs to realize that he's potentially running things on the macro-scale -- the ideology is what's important to the voters, not events on the micro-scale of our lives. He needs to use big positive words like: cooperation, peace, democracy and welfare. Instead he's talking about how kids should go about their lives. The Republican party is full of people who want government Out of domestic affairs.

Edited by lefou

Dont forget - Democrats normally dislike the military in the first place =p

I am a proud Navy Brat to a father who was a Commander on the Sub that sunk the most tonage in the Vietnam War... and yes... I know that it wasnt a naval war o.O (go go Polish Frigates)

Those are the sort of stereotypes that really drive me crazy. Its like saying that liberals have no morals. I know plenty of liberals (myself included) who are very kind, moral people. They don't dislike the military, they just dont want to be in a war, nor do they feel our continued occupation is necessary for the loss of life being incurred. Furthermore, although republican presidents and congress tend to back the military, they have also sent us to war in every term they were in power in the last 20 years. I am all for the military and keeping our nation safe by it's maintenance, but we all need to understand that government is a business. Dollars and cents. If we are not in a war, or need to be in war, then we have no necessity for the same troop level.

Fluctuation is to be expected. All the military families who dont think its fair need to ask Silicon Valley families how they felt when the dot.com bubble burst. Business sucks, but its the way the world works.

I did not like what Kerry said. He chose a poor way to make his point, and I have no doubt that he regrets it, especially now with all the press his comment has gotten. He's just another politician, and one of the many reasons why I choose to exercise my right not to vote.

Not so much political is jsut about supporting the troops period(You'll never please everyone, i think the "no child left behind" is the dumbest ###### ever conceived"). Guess being in a military town and having alot of friends over there sways your opinion.

Love hearing "they dont wanna be over there" Pfft aint a damn one of my friends that aint proud to be serving this country(course a bit of a deathwish in some say they wont make it past 30)

Like my all time favorite bumper sticker says: " If you cant stand behind our troops stand in front of them"

Well, as Ive said many times to many people:

I dont think we should be over there, but I support the troops that are there. They didnt choose to go. They were ordered, and are doing their duty.

I respectfully request that we keep politics and religion off these boards. We all have different beliefs and opinions. First it starts out friendly, then slowly generates into mud-slinging with no one changing their mind. Then it can spill over into the game with people secretly holding grudges and quietly not helping one another.

If you must talk about hot-potato subjects, www.offtopic.com is a good place to visit, it's one of the largest bulletin boards in the net world. You can offend people there and not worry about getting a heal from Oriah or a potion from Scryll :tease: <teasing>. I know they wouldn't do that, but you get my point....

There are some hilariously funny people there, with sometimes outrageous opinions. Just be prepared to have a thick skin if you post an opinion, and be ready to back it up. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

www.offtopic.com

Be aware of the differnt types of personalities and see if you can identify them:

http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/archivist.htm

Rel

I like french fries!

Waffles > french fries. If you think otherwise, expect a duel to the death, for I must defend the honour of the waffle >:L

I agree with Relikk. Many people take their political beliefs as seriously (or even moreso) than their religious beliefs. While I enjoy a good debate and humour surrounding politics and the issues of the day, this really isn't the place for it.

Oh HELL no!

we all know that,

Frosty > Waffle.

and! i have proof that French Fry > Frosty!

Clearly, the frosty was dominated.

Therefore, French Fries > Waffles.

I win.

O, and French Fries can be politcally charged by calling them Freedom Fries, making them more relevent to the thread. Waffles got nothing. Nothing!

Waffles got nothing. Nothing!

Pfft, Frosty is irrelevent since, like WoW, food pwnage factors are a game of paper, rock, scissors and not transitive.

Learn2breakfast if you think waffles are easily defeated by french/freedom fries! Not even a frosty has the versatility that waffles do, and therein lies their strength.

On a side note: Nerf ice cream sandwiches, they're entirely too powerful.

respectfully request that we keep dessert item debates off these boards. We all have different beliefs and opinions. First it starts out friendly, then slowly generates into mud-slinging with no one changing their mind. Then it can spill over into the game with people secretly holding grudges and quietly not helping one another.

NO BLOOD FOR PASTRIES! NO BLOOD FOR PASTRIES!

On a side note: Nerf ice cream sandwiches, they're entirely too powerful.

Oh hell no. If you can't handle the ice cream sandwich, you need to L2E, nub. It's got plenty of competition. Just look at the numbers off mint-chip ice cream, or chocolate mousse.

respectfully request that we keep dessert item debates off these boards. We all have different beliefs and opinions. First it starts out friendly, then slowly generates into mud-slinging with no one changing their mind. Then it can spill over into the game with people secretly holding grudges and quietly not helping one another.

NO BLOOD FOR PASTRIES! NO BLOOD FOR PASTRIES!

>:L

Unfortunately sir, I do believe you are wrong, example:

chocolate mousse.

I do believe I have changed parties.