Molten Core Tomorrow!

Maube

Crushers and Friends! We are in dire need of Priests/Healers for tomorrow!

Since I cant lead and Heal at the same time... and I know many of you missed me the past week and a half...

So please ask your healing friends to join us tomorrow!

Crushers and Friends! We are in dire need of Priests/Healers for tomorrow!

Since I cant lead and Heal at the same time... and I know many of you missed me the past week and a half...

So please ask your healing friends to join us tomorrow!

I would soooo go, but I am lacking a bit in FR gear. I think I have "maybe" 110-120 ish at best. And that is only if I sacrifice a ton of stats for it. :p

And I say... So?

=p Tonight we usually do Lucifron and Gehennas (shadow) Magmadar is mainly run away from the flaming poo, Garr is mainly physical (and you can avoid his damage) Shazzrah is Arcane and well, Geddon is fire, but we would die horribly without priests anyway! ::laughs:: Lava packs might kill yah... but then again they can kill anyone =p

you gotta start somewhere! (besides I think the priests attending have their Gloves of Prophecy already... which means, they would get DEd :p ))

Edited by Maube

I just peeked at Zu...he has 50 FR at the moment...with the two additional pieces of FR geary he has around 70 without buffs, so you are sitting better than he is Fomor. :dancing_smile:

I think you would do fine, but it is your call. As you gain the Prophecy set pieces your FR and Shadow resist will go up a fair amount too, so that is something to think about on the way.

Cwn, you should come along one of these days too...I'm sure Maube can have you tank a Molten Destroyer for fun. :p:dancing_smile:

Maube, I didn't get Jiris to 58 last night -- I'm guessing 57 is just too much of an aggro magnet, but if you want her, she's attuned, and spec'd holy/disc. Let me know either way.

We will see =) if we can convince the Deadly Twins to join us, you can go back to Nukage ::chuckles:: I got a taste of what Fomor can do last night and it makes me green with envy =D (as I have never played a warrior I cant really comment on Cwn's performance :p but the fact that we kicked that Skyfury Helm quest in the nuts pretty hard bodes well for her skills!)

There is always the joyous Summoning around imps

Fomor and Cwn are amazing -- I've had the honor of grouping with them both while playing Jiris and Xiris and they rock. I have much undead love for the both of them.

Anyway -- I'm good either way, just want to help the guild out and would be happy bringing either frosty love or healing love to the party.

C'mon Fomor, you can do it!! Since I have to take my kid to a party you can have my spot and my gloves!! What a night for you! Besides, we can always use more priests, we are afterall the most important class in the game........ :p , well except for our meat shields. Anyway, give it a shot and good luck to all of you tonight.

C'mon Fomor, you can do it!! Since I have to take my kid to a party you can have my spot and my gloves!! What a night for you! Besides, we can always use more priests, we are afterall the most important class in the game........ :p , well except for our meat shields. Anyway, give it a shot and good luck to all of you tonight.

Fomor helped me on the Emissary in Silithus last night too and he went very well for a newly-60 no-epic priest. Stop whining, signup and join us on the core. If needed, we can do the attunment on the evening.

And Cwn would sure be a nice DPS. Unless she wants to respec to protection :dancing_smile: but I think that nobody deserves that kind of suffering...

[]s

And Cwn would sure be a nice DPS. Unless she wants to respec to protection :dancing_smile: but I think that nobody deserves that kind of suffering...

[]s

Um, she has ALWAYS been protection spec... like mega protection spec... like 38 points in protection :p

13/0/38. I LIKE being a tank. :p

One thing though, was reading the MC rules thing, and notice it listed CTraid as a requirement. Call me stupid or stubborn, but I refuse to use third party programs. If the unbendable rule is that you MUST have CTraid to do molten core, then I regretfully will not be doing molten core.

Cwn,

There are multiple reasons we use CTRAID, and once you do a 6+ man run, you will want it for even 5 man runs.

1) MT ad nauseum windows with targets. The raid can see what the MT and other tanks have targeted, and with options what their target has targeted. Also makes it easier for the healers assigned to the tanks to see their target's health if said person is not in their immediate group.

2) Ability to pop up messages in the center of everyones windows from those authorized by raid leader to do so...such as DPS on/DPS off.

3) Boss special attacks incoming...this uses the broadcast above to announce when a curse, spell, or special ability is incoming so everyone can take the appropriate action.

There are more, but those are the 3 biggest reason any raids, especially long ones, want you to have it. I know people do go without it and do fine, but it helps considerably.

I LIKE being a tank. :p

Well, me too, but most people think that low dps = suffering. And I really have not noticed your protection spec, but the only thing we did together was RFC and you was dual wielding. In my head, you're fury. Nice to know you has been protection from the start. Painful leveling.

One thing though, was reading the MC rules thing, and notice it listed CTraid as a requirement. Call me stupid or stubborn, but I refuse to use third party programs. If the unbendable rule is that you MUST have CTraid to do molten core, then I regretfully will not be doing molten core.

CT_Raid is not a 3rd part program, is an addon. The difference is, addons don't break any rules from Blizzard, in fact, CT_Raid team work very closely to the Blizzard team and much of the default Raid interface from WoW is based on ideas from the CT team.

Addons are different from 3rd party program because they don't break the rules. CT_Raid is just a way to organize windows, healthbars and showing text, nothing is automatic or macro'ed because the Blizzard programming language doesn't permit that kind of thing. Basically, addons are customizations on the User Interface, they don't do anything by itself or automagically.

Please, get CT_Raid and come with us. Relikk, Alhazad and me are the only prot speced (as far as I remember) and it's better that the other warriors stay on their current builds. And, c'mon, tanking in the core is fun.

Edited by greenbull

Hi Cwn!

I understand your dislike of third party programs. I tend to only use ctraid myself, and only the bare minimum of that suite as well, just to get by with raids. I don't like too much deviation from the Blizzard setup, and I've been afraid of getting any bad viruses or just bad code on my machine, in addition to my worry about any extra bandwidth being taken up (I'm on dial up typically - it sucks). But even with that, I *do* recommend using ctraid. I've done a couple of runs of MC without it, and it does give a bit of help to the raid. You can easily get by in everything from UBRS on down without it and never miss it, but it helps for the 20 and 40 man instances with the mt setup (cause trying to find the correct target otherwise sucks - bad) and getting 'you are about to die' messages. I've got aditional reasons for using it, but those are healer/shammy related. I've never had a problem with the ctraid software, and this is on a standard Windows XP install *and* for my Mac OSX install. The coders seem to know what they're doing.

Oh and we do have a couple of people who ONLY use CTraid for MC night. They turn it off other nights =)

Of course, give me a whisper about concerns and I can finagle things to try to help out. Lovely Raeda there is on dialup so cant be on TS at the same time, but we try to work it out for her =) We are about fun, so comment on concerns and things. But you can always give it a one go :p try to see if it really isnt as bad as all that (MT windows and boss warnings are the biggest help)

All the long drawn out explainations I could give essentially boil down to one simple reason:

I don't want my game easier.

I will face a challenge with my own skills. If other people want to rely on something to help them, that's fine. But I refuse to. Call me foolish, stupid, stubborn, whatever. If a crutch makes the difference between success and failure, then I would rather fail.

I don't want my game easier.

Tanking in 40 man raid is madness. Every mob that loses control can wipe a whole group. Using CT_Raid (or that other one, compatible and similar) is the only way to coordinate it. Think in it as a tool to make Maube's, healers, tanks and everybody else gaming a good experience.

Even being a great attitude wanting to "get the hard version of the game", it doesn't help the team. We could use another great tank, but there's no point in tanking without CT_Raid. The time you will spend trying to find the target, or noticing that you lost aggro, or one of the dozens bad things that can happen will surely have a bad impact on the raid.

Get CT_Raid, use it on the Raids and disable it after. It's for the teamwork, not for you. Tanking is about giving time to the squishies do their jobs and keeping everybody alive :p

Perhaps I can be of assistance, Maube...I have an alt, Zhandar, that I've been bringing up through the ranks. He's a disc/holy priest, and I should be able to get the remaining 10% of my XP bar prior to tonights run (all rested, SOOO close to 60). He's got decent gear for a newly minted 60, though fire resist is pretty lacking (I only have about 25-30 so far). Let me know if you want to have him along instead of Bludbeerd.

We shall see what happens tonight =) but if you could plop him in place just in cast (gunna do the same for Tazzy just in case, mainly for Geddon)

Using CT_Raid (or that other one, compatible and similar) is the only way to coordinate it.

So you're saying Blizzard made a dungeon purposely impossible? I don't believe that.

Have fun in MC tonight, and good luck. :p