Molten Core Tomorrow!

Maube

I like the challenge too Cwn.

The thing that CT Raid helps me with (especialy on Zuato) is that it allows me to manage the amount of information that is coming at me better...as a healer, I focus on my warrior and group first, but I also heal the rest of the raid as I can - all 35 other members. Also dealing with the buffs is a little easier as it adds a timer that you can mouse over and see. Trying to juggle that much without some visual aids is a night mare! lol

Anyhow, it's not really about making the game easier...it makes it easier to dissiminate the info that is coming at you.

Blizzard provided the tools and the ability to customize the interface how we as the user base see fit, and I applaud them for that, and those that took the initiative to make the tools that I use. :p

I also applaud them for making it optional so that those that don't want to use the extras don't have too. At least we have a choice.

Anyhow, I love the full CT Suite, and use it for all of my characters now...that and the Titan bar (It just puts some info you have to dig for onto a bar at the top and/or bottom of the screen so it's always viewable).

I couldnt coordinate it without it but I am the raid leader, and it lets me see who didnt bring reagents/repair their gear/FR totals etc etc :p

Actually, I can understand the hesitation of a warrior to use CTRA since it isn't apparent how/why it would help them. In fact, I barely even glance at tank windows or other groups when on Hoofie since I don't need to 99% of the time. From your gameplay perspective, CTRA is nice to have, but has hardly any functionality that your class needs to have in order to function and be effective. Healers have an obvious case, as do I as a mage (in decursing-centric fights), but a protection warrior's job is pretty straight-forward: get the mob to hate you...and hate you a lot more than it could possibly hate anyone else...and keep it that way. CTRA won't suddenly do that for you....and, yes, here it comes...

But...

From a 20- or 40-man raid logistics perspective, CTRA is required to make sure that the raid is running as efficiently as possible. Believe me, running even 20 people around in an instance is akin to herding cats...40 people is just insane. Knowing how many mana users are low at a glance or checking your main tank's gear durability are just some of the features that CTRA offers that are huge time-savers and allow the raiders to focus on killing things rather than managing every little thing themselves (can you imagine trying to describe your gear durability halfway through a raid...then having 39 other people doing the same thing...just so you know whether or not a repair bot should be dropped?). Other functions that are quite handy include checking resists, reagents (for classes that use them), and even who isn't in the zone yet...all can be done without asking all 39 other people overtly, which shaves off a ton of time and overhead from doing so manually. Unfortunately, none of this functionality works properly for the raid leader unless everyone's using CTRA...

From a tank's perspective, it does help in knowing if the mob you want to hate you the most is suddenly eyeballing someone else...sometimes before he decides to wander too far and stomp your healer. In UBRS where the mobs are your height, it's easy to tell, but when you're facing a molten giant's kneecaps for the entire fight...it's a bit trickier (target of target is SUPERBLY handy). Other things like letting the raid know when you're ready for them to unload hell on your target...also made easier by CTRA...and I don't mean you have to do any less...just that it's easier for everyone else to tell that you're ready when it pops up centre-screen with an audible nudge instead of in some small-font chat window silently.

There are downsides to CTRA that most don't talk about (in event-heavy fights, it does cause considerable lag from the chat channel it uses to synch everyone), but the benefits FAR outweigh the downsides. In the end, it's not providing much that couldn't be done otherwise within the constraints of the out-of-box WoW install, but it definitely takes some of the VERY mundane or time-consuming overhead out of running or participating in a larger raid. While nobody can tell you that you must absolutely use it...I think what most of us are trying to say is to give it a try. As Greenbull noted, it's an add-on that's VERY widely used and also not a third-party binary, so it falls within the ToS for WoW (Blizzard actually encourages the use and development of add-ons...I didn't believe it myself until I looked at their add-on related forums and documentation).

And, of course, any of us would happily answer any questions or try to address any concerns you have about it. I myself am an add-on junky and try tons of them out regularly, but to each their own. I'm no fan of add-ons that "feel like cheating" when I use them, personally...this definitely isn't one of those, I can assure you.

(Blizzard actually encourages the use and development of add-ons...I didn't believe it myself until I looked at their add-on related forums and documentation).

It's because they know what a crappy default UI the game has. On a forum thread one of the developers said something like "of course we wanted our interface to be as spiffy and custmizable as Discord Mods do, or have all the functions that Titan Bar provides, or even a Raid interface like CT_Raid, but we know that our target are a wide range of machines and types of players that may not be able to deal with complex configurations or heavy interfaces, so we provide the addons as a form to the players that want to customize that".

lol wont use ctraid , that made my day.

i could go on in detail how it has helped me as a main tank but i doubt it change anything.

good luck.

I've really struggled with using mods because coming from EQ as my main gaming background, to me it did feel like cheating. We sure raided just fine in EQ without any add ons, and I am confident we could do the same in WoW. After all, the game isn't rocket science, not using mods means folks have to pay attention.

I use CT Raid because it's listed as a requirement for our Crusher raids, and I enjoy the bit of raiding I do with the guild. It's not my raid to make rules or requirements, its just my choice to either follow those requirements or not raid. So far, Cwn has chosen not to raid and that is absolutely her choice to make. I don't think folks need to beat her up or mock her for that choice.

I agree. Cwn is a helluva warrior without it, and I think she'd be fine in the raid without it as well. :devil:

not beating her up , i dont question her skill.

lets have her MT mag , and lets disable the hunters ctraid as well since that would make her attempt fairly easier as well. You could get away without it just it benefits the group way more if your a uber tank and your aware who has aggro and what spells are happening when they happen.

Never know, with the way I crow look out for fear it might just work out =)

But as I said, each to their own and raiding was don on Eq without all this stuph so lets ust let this end :devil: