Death Of a Legend.

Lord Logan

Today the man responsible for bringing conservatives into the main stream has died, Former president Ronald Reagan. I believe (you dont have to)....he will be remember as one of our greatest ever.

:yub: Ronnie

Although Canadian, I follow American politics fairly closely.

Reagan served his full 2 terms and passed at the ripe old age of 93. Between what he was able to accomplish for your country and what I'm sure he was able to pass along to his loved ones, the world is a better place for having had him in a position to make a difference.

I heard the news after returning home from work and odd as it would sound, I felt I had lost someone who I knew closely. I sat for a while and listened to reports and then thought about why this was hitting myself so profoundly.

I realized as I looked back at the time he served as our leader that...

The issues he engaged in and the world changing course he led us into and through....all made me as a highschooler-collegiate young man realize it was time to STOP being a kid and START being part of the world as a young adult....teenage issues ended and adult issues now mattered. Bottomline, commonsense and good-of-the-many REALLY did matter....outside my immediate family now more than ever.

Why? The world I was to begin to walk without support of my parents was being reforged and the door to it opened brightly. President Reagan stood in that doorway and led us all into the unknown future. He was a man first and his ability to make us feel safe, proud and eager to move forward into the blinding uncertainty of the future placed him in my mind like another elder of my family....someone I could trust would lead us through the uncertainty.

I am not a political person....but I am a focused one.

My family is focused on the good of the family and providing the way for others to grow up behind us.

Reagan was similar and in the political world.

He loved his country deeply and with his love of his family he focused a campaign to secure both a future that would be a world without the coldwar and growth of democracy....a world of the people for the people.

He remained focused and solidly grounded in family and maintained a connection of commonsense with humor....grounding even the staunchest of critics who forgot the most important thing about everyone....

we are only human.

and in his own contexted words....

I am just a man and while I may be president, but I am a husband first.

Yesterday we all (US and world) lost a family member...Nancy lost her best friend and life long partner...let us all be there for Nancy and the immediate family as they say goodbye to their patriarch. Also...let us hope we can continue to improve our world as he did show us how to do so....as a human.

As time moves forward let us work to lead others behind us into blinding uncertainty of the future with the courage and good-of-the-many goal.

Good-bye President Reagan.... :yub:

Thank you for your love.

I am still amazed you can be the leader of the free world when you're 70+ years old! I was only ages 1-7 when he was president so I don't really have any official opinion on his leadership, but I have good memories of that time period :yub:

Maybe I'll shoot to be the first 80 year old president in office

-Mao

Sad day indeed. Definately the greatest president to live during my lifetime.

It would be nice to think we could have another president so great. He will be greatly missed.

I am sure I shall always remember this past week;

the peaks and valleys of emotion as we watched so

many pay tribute to a truly remarkable man and

express their heartfelt sympathy to his family and

our country. Even in his passing, President Reagan

was able to rekindle the patriotic spirit of the American

people.

May he now rest in peace with the Father, free of the

debilitating disease that held him captive.

God bless Ronald Reagan.