Private message

Orcala

I got a private message notification from a person called "mignulikz" today. It says please help but the link is to a virus/adult website I believe so don't click on it! (especially at work =P) :)

I received one too - the .ru in the link is Russia, so I knew it was bad before I even clicked it.

Firefox, Ad block, and No Script FTW.

Oh, and hi everyone! :)

Yes.. for the love of all that is sacred.. do not click it.. unless you wanna spend a few hours cleaning your computer.

Even if nothing happens to your computer right away... something will.. sooner or later.

Oddly enough, I got the same type of PM, but no link. Either that or I totally missed it.

And as Huato mentioned, make sure you keep the good ol' Holy Trinity of browsing toys (Firefox, AdBlock & NoScript) up-to-date so you can avoid being tricked by this crap!

Oddly enough, I got the same type of PM, but no link. Either that or I totally missed it.

And as Huato mentioned, make sure you keep the good ol' Holy Trinity of browsing toys (Firefox, AdBlock & NoScript) up-to-date so you can avoid being tricked by this crap!

I have firefox and AdBlock plus and I didn't get the link either. I should start using NoScript again, but I've found it to be a PITA and my lazy gene took over. :)

Just got another one.. "Funny picture.." one... with the link being linked to another .RU site..

Not very original these people

Got one also. Seems like it's happening on a certain basis. Isn't there a way to make board sign-ups by referral-only or something so we can avoid this kind of thing?

Just got another one.. "Funny picture.." one... with the link being linked to another .RU site..

Got one also. Seems like it's happening on a certain basis. Isn't there a way to make board sign-ups by referral-only or something so we can avoid this kind of thing?

I don't think so, but I think sign-ups can be disabled for a while.

I don't think so, but I think sign-ups can be disabled for a while.

Not sure if they are new people or just hacked people...if one person gets hacked their account could be used to send out the messages.

Not sure if they are new people or just hacked people...if one person gets hacked their account could be used to send out the messages.

They're new accounts.