Friday Night in Zul'Aman

Kailand

The friday night clomp'n squad killed three of the henchmen of Zul'jin (Nalorakk, Halazzi, and Janalai) in our first night in Zul'aman. Congratulations all! Next week we go for the first timed chest, and add Akilzon's head to our trophy table. Just a friendly reminder, if your gear has sub optimal enchants for your primary role (DPS, Heal, Tank), please fix them. Maube and Waldonnis can help, and we have extra Arcane Dusts and Greater Planar Essences.

As for our plunder:

Jiris got a pretty new dress from Nalorakk (he should see a shrink keeping, with that on him).

Ascoli was fitted for pair of farming boots from Halazzi (I wonder how a linx wears plate boots)

Kazragerg acquired some old chain mail chest piece from that flaming lunatic Janalai. (I didn't know that dragon hawks wore armor)

Edited by Kailand

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did MUCH better than I expected for our first run through there together. A few of us have been running Zul'Aman for quite some time, but still learned a ton of new stuff about some of the patrols and how to better handle some of the more difficult pulls (some of which made the hardest trash suddenly stupid-easy). Honestly, I only really expected us to kill two bosses and just lightly try the others...three defied my expectations and I really think we could've gotten Akil'zon down if it weren't for some bad luck and a new encounter for so many.

In all, it was a great night and I'm looking forward to next Friday, probably our first timed chest, and likely our first attempts at Malacrass in the next week or two at this rate :) Congratulations to Jiris on the robe (a huge upgrade and quite stylish), to Kaz for the very nice mail chest, and to Ascoli for the "Boots of Make Things Dead Faster"!

Hey great job guys!!!

When I poked my head in TS last night I was a little skeptical since you hadn't gotten Akil'zon, but you certainly proved me very wrong. Great job!

I'm sure you guys will get to Zul'jin in no time at all!

As of today I am BM spec. I will put full effort into getting my stuff enchanted by the next run.

If you need any help, just ask.

Kailand hooked me up with a few of the enchants I needed. On my "to get" list yet:

+35 Agility to Two Handed Axe

+12 Agility to Boots

+6 All Stats to Chest

I still need to gather the mats for Cobrahide and will be looking up Zeb to make that. I made an Eternium Scope and put it on my Wolfslayer.

I can do the +6 stats to chest (with Waldy) and can make the Cobrahide kit (with Kelani...Kailand can also make them). The others I do not have, sadl. I have the worst luck with enchants that drop in instances...I either never see them or lose the rolls every single time :)

This week is crazy for me so I won't have much time to research anything like what enchant I could use. But I promise I will look up stuff this weekend (yes I know, too late for Friday's run, sorry).

I also need to get my pretty new robe all gemmed up. I have the gems, just need to figure out what cuts would be best with the new spec.

That was a fun run and I look forward to this week!

Congrats Everyone! We got the first 4 of the bosses down, and got in a few attempts on Malacrass. I would like to thank Vier for filling in for Cresalia... Mock her with that off hand sword you got from Akil'Zon. Grats to our healers for the rest of the loot: Jaryndis with the shield and the helm, and Greenspring with the healy chest.

We missed the first chest... All my fault for not reacting fast enought to pick up the bear when he seperated from the troll... NEXT week guys, NEXT week we will get our first timed chest.

For next week, try to fill in any holes in your gear/enchants/consummables. I highly recommend the rejuv pots that you get from the gathering daily to help casters during spirit bolts, and healthpots for us elite non mana users.

Oh, for those of you interested, you can view the WWS stats for the runs at http://wowwebstats.com/ro6el5mg4eoeu under ZA - Friday Night.

Edited by Kailand

We missed the first chest... All my fault for not reacting fast enought to pick up the bear when he seperated from the troll... NEXT week guys, NEXT week we will get our first timed chest.

Yes. . . :picks another bear-tooth splinter from his hide: Faster reactions next week will be much appreciated.

Another solid night in Zul'Aman and a job well done! Seems like I made out like a bandit in there this time around, but I'm hoping we'll see more loot love for the rest of the raid next week :innocent:

As we all saw, Malacrass can be a pain in the Mala-ass (har har). For next week, try to bring anything that increases stamina or shadow resistance that won't overly hurt your damage or healing (crawdads are great, Netherwing trinkets, etc.) to give yourself a bit of extra padding. Shadow protection potions really don't work well, so don't bother with those...the "protection" offered will disappear within one spirit bolt session and leave you on cooldown for health potion use (I've tried a ton of tricks on this fight and never found one that made it "easy mode" at our gear level).

We really did get a bad assortment of "friends" with Malacrass, so don't feel discouraged. The fight can be pretty intense, but we'll get him down!

Great run everyone... got that ###### malacrass down to 13%... hopefully we will kill him next week. In the future we will not break CC during the bolts... to make the healers lives easier. Also Cresalia and I need to get better at getting out of whirlwinds and interupting the heals.

For anyone that is curious, HERE is the June 13th Zul'aman Webstats.

I posted the results too. Any future run can also be accessed from this page: http://wowwebstats.com/ro6el5mg4eoeu

Note that there is Monday's ZA Bear run, The gruul/Mag run. and the BT/HS run as well. Our run is ZA - Friday night.

• 3 weeks later...

I would just like to remind everyone that this coming friday is cancelled. We will start back up again on the 11th of july. Have a good long weekend people!

• 2 weeks later...

Greenspring unfortunately cannot make it for Friday night ZA tomorrow (11th of July), so we are looking for a replacement healer. If you are interested please reply to this thread and send me a pm. The run is from 9:30 pm to about 12:30 pm. (depends on progress we make on malacrass).

Kailand.

I would like to congratulate everyone on a job well done! We got the first timed chest, were about 4 minutes from the second chest (and with the second chest we would have had enough time for the 3rd chest), 2 shot malacrass with the worst possible add composition, and nearly got zul'jin down (13%)!

Things to remember for next time: Omen is your friend, make sure you have it (not pointing fingers). Plus next week Greenspring has to attend a wedding, so we will definately need a replacement healer. Let me know if you are interested.

I would like to congratulate everyone on a job well done! We got the first timed chest, were about 4 minutes from the second chest (and with the second chest we would have had enough time for the 3rd chest), 2 shot malacrass with the worst possible add composition, and nearly got zul'jin down (13%)!

Things to remember for next time: Omen is your friend, make sure you have it (not pointing fingers). Plus next week Greenspring has to attend a wedding, so we will definately need a replacement healer. Let me know if you are interested.

We have Jasena substituting for Greenspring, thanks for the quick response Jasena.

• 3 weeks later...
I will be out of town this Friday, August 1st so I won't make it to our raid that night. Good luck to everyone!

Kaz

Aw man! What am I going to do without my "Hunter buddy"? ;)