Your TeamSpeak Server

Zebgora

Well in light of the many adventures I run with CS regularly I am a regular user of your TS. And as many of you know, I am consistantly low volumed despite everything ive fooled with in my settings and because of this I usually don't bother talking at all. Id like to though. I feel comfy around most of you enough to speak my mind and certainly being able to communicate would help in the instances. Ive attempted to post my problem and ask for solutions on the main TeamSpeak web page forums.

Sadly though it doesn't seem to be very active and of those that do view it appears my question is completly ignored there :devil: I wonder if anyone knows a better place to ask tech support questions reguarding TS? My points are that first off, Ive logged into other servers on TeamSpeak and have been told I sound fine. Ive adjusted my settings to "shout" status and still always sound soft. And that I wonder if it would help if re-installed maybe a newer version if there was one. I think that will be the next thing I will try anyway but I didnt want initially want to bother if there was no newer version out.

Hey Zeb,

You bring up a good point with regards to TS, I'm sure you're not the only one that has issues with it. I think a lot of people are avoiding communicating on TS simply because their setup isn't properly configured in Windows or Teamspeak.

I'd like to encourage other Crushers out there to provide their own advice with regards to getting TS up and running. I feel that better communication usually leads to better raids, so we should do anything we can to help others.

Here's my piece of advice:

Teamspeak usually works on top of Windows' sound settings. A lot of people find they can't accurately control the volume of their mics from TS simply because it hasn't been properly calibrated in Windows.

The calibration process is pretty easy, Windows provides you with a simple yet obscure wizard to help you regulate the volume. You can find it in your control panel under "Sounds and Audio Devices". Look under the "Voice" tab and you should find a button called "Test Hardware...".

Now if you get the sound to work properly through that wizard then TS will typically be able to handle your mic volume pretty well afterwards.

71487641kd2.png

However, some older mics don't quite have the volume boosting capabilities that the newer ones have. Windows provides you with +20dB boosting option. This option (also hidden away and obscure) can be find under the same "Sounds and Audio Devices" control and "Voice" tab. Just click on the "Volume..." option under the selected microphone box followed by a click on the "Advanced" button in the subsequent "Recording Control" panel.

The "Microphone Boost" option should be there. Fair warning, some poorer microphones do not have very good noise cancellation, boosting their input can result in distorted or choppy recording.

78829762yi9.png

Anyways, I hope this helps you out a bit, or at least helps out a few other Crushers having issues. The advice is only pertinent for Windows XP users, I know Windows Vista has its own set of problems and configurations, so I hope someone will step forward and maybe provide their advice for you.

Best of luck,

Cal

I've been using Ventrillo lately on Vista, but for those Vista users if you bring up the volume properties off the task bar and select the mixer option you can control the volumes of each individual application independently of one another. You can turn vent/ts volume up and leave WoW where it is or adjust it up or down. It's a rather nice feature.

I hope these help you Zeb, we sure would like to hear from you too. Also, as Kadiana discovered last night, her mic boost wasn't found under the record settings, but under the playback settings, so if you can't find it under record, try there.

Alright I went in and played with the sound settings. I don't know if it makes much difference but I have been using Realtek AC97Audio for my sound. It was because I also use Ventrillo that originally got that I think. Now in checking where Cal's pics pointed out in the "Recording Control" panel, I don't have Advanced Options there. Nor was I able to find a Mic Boost option in the Playback-Advanced Audio Properties panel.

The Mic volume is toggled all the way up far as it will go in the recording control panel. I wonder if maybe its my version of Windows possibly?

I have the same problem, Zeb, but I use a mac. I've never had the issue before using the Crusher teamspeak server, but I'm going to mess with mine before raid time too to see if I can't get it to work.

Gotta be able to gig Baracko. *grins*

The Mic volume is toggled all the way up far as it will go in the recording control panel. I wonder if maybe its my version of Windows possibly?

You will have to ask kadiana. She has a realtek sound and had to play with it a bit.

...but I use a mac...

Id burns.... git id away!

hmm, i have Realtek AC97Audio...and you all hear me fine ...for better or worse >.<

I have successfully used stereo jack headset (analog?) and i now use USB logitec headset. Sometimes people say they cant hear me so i shove the mic down my throat and then start talking and that usually helps...but its hardly a sustainable solution as it often hurts, hehe :stinker: When i get home t'night i'll take a look at my settings see if i cant glean any new info offa' my comp that might help you >:L

My operating system is windows XP

Edited by Houli