Who's wanting an RP trick or treat event?

Corellon

I have been giving this event alot of thought, I need input from the clan on what to do where to have it and what night and time. :cool:

I have a suggestion as to where, either the graveyard at Brill or the graveyard at Seplecur. :)

I really have no clue on what to do, but I have prizes to give and plenty of support for the event. :paladin:

The night to have it, as long as it's not the 31st I should be good. I have kids to take around begging for candy again this year. :nub:

Lets get into the RP spirit and everyone kick in some ideas, I want them all posted here and I would like to see everyone involved!! :D

This message will self destruct in 25 days. . .

You could always have some kind of party. I'm not sure how many costumes there are out there, maybee a few from the other festivles, or an orb of deception. If I rember right every city has a bobing for apple tub. get a few folks with that stupid dancing trinket. maybee bring a kids along(low level alts) and pass out candy.

If you wanted to do something beyond the Clan we could make a post on some of the RP boards and let other clans know. tell them that anyone between level 5-25 or something is welcome to come and trick or treat for some candy, and everyone else is welcome to come and party.

Costumes are easy if you've got access to higher level armors. Tauren warriors dressed as rogues, etc. Not really RP outfits, just dressing up as something which is plainly not your normal role.

I agree, perhaps the graveyard/courtyard area outside UC would be a interesting setting for a hallowseve party.(it is haunted after all)

A costume contest is also a great idea. :)

I would add we perhaps attempt to trick or treat(in costume) at the front doors of the Alliance home towns. I hear they love Horde beggars. :paladin:

Id suggest late evening or even the witching hour (muahaha), perhaps a Fri or Sat night.

Ukie. . . so far we have in front of UC in the grave area, and both an RP (costume contest) and a PVP alliance trick or treat raid?

I have 2 weapons that I can give for prizes and soon a primal mooncloth bag.

I have yet to hear from others that are interested in this, I only see 4 total that are interested, you need to post ideas of what to do and when to do it and I'll take that as your interested in comming and will push harder to get this done. I'm not good with where to post on the wow forums for this event but would love to know where everyone stands first.

If yah don't post in this thread then I'll take it as a "not interested" and will do what I can with what is available.

Great ideas and let's keep em coming :D

The ghosties in the courtyard of Lordaeron are always fun around Halloween. While I'm normally out of town, I have been known to park Waldy near the entrance around Halloween and quietly cast "lesser detect invisibility" on passers-by (so many people don't know the ghosts are there and think it was done for Halloween :p).

Other things to do:

* Scavenger hunt! With Ghostlands being only a transport away (navigable to anyone level 12+ generally) and all of Tirisfal's scenic cemetaries, there's plenty of room to get creative location-wise. It can be done by either having people gather items from various spots/mobs or perhaps doing a "treasure map" style, where they get clues to follow and meet up with contacts along the way to provide more clues. Either can be done in teams or as individuals.

* Costume contest...age-old favourite. While there doesn't appear to be much variety in WoW fashions, there are definitely some creative costumes that can be made/assembled by folks of any level. Armour will work, but the emphasis should be on creativity and fun rather than "sure you look powerful, but that's what you always wear" type gear (70 gear may be flashier, but I cackled more at Radzz putting an icy enchant on his mainhand Brewfest mug so his "brew will always be cold", as an example). Personally, I'd probably have to sit this one out since I have literally half of Adranna's bank filled with coordinated outfits for events :p

* Races! Who doesn't love a race? Think back to Maube's race event in Thousand Needles...that was spectacular fun (complete with hilarious attempts to cheat). Racing around the outer lower ring of Undercity could really make for some dramatic finishes, but racing that same ring while drunk could lead to some comical ooze baths >:L

* Screenshot contest. To include those who can't be with us on the night itself, perhaps an event they can participate in anyway. Submitting funny, spooky, or just plain weird screenshots could be pretty fun to judge. I'd personally recommend allowing even screenshots that were altered to add things if it helps the shot, since putting something like Godzilla into a pic of Stormwind (stomping on it) would make at least me laugh :p

I'll think of more, I'm sure, and am working on a personal project in Ghostlands anyway, so I'll do some scouting to see what else I can drum up for locations and event ideas. Also, I can tap my personal vault for more prize donations, if needed.

::pokes smedlock with a stick::

Luks like he be snoozing... demz silly ol'moos.

Mez was tinking dat may be we cuud be doing a nekkid race ov da scarlette monastary's library in 5 lat groups... or wez cuud be doin 5 man races to defeet da headless horseman, wid da groups being chosen randomly (looks forward to the 5 clothy run, or 5 meat shield run).

::notices smedlock moving, and shaves smeddy's tale, leaving the razor by Vrugz's tent::

Edited by Kailand

Ukie, I think that we would have time to do a costume contest, a scavanger hunt and I would like to kick off the night with a drunkin bash with a nice Trick or Treat of the neighborhood Alliance towns and see how festive they are.

Now what I'm needing from people is. . .

1) Who wants to attend "don't need to particapate"

2) If you do particapate, what events will you be there for.

3) What time and night everyone can attend.

4) In need of an MC for the evening's events.

5) and we need BOOOZE!!

6) A list of towns that would be nice to visit :clomp:

If you would like to atempt the headless horseman event then I'll need a show of hands for that too.

Location is tenatively the courtyard in front of UC. *if anyone has other ideas to throw in I need them posted*

TS will be a must also, you don't have to say anything but will need to be there be part of the enjoyment.

1. I wants to attend.

2. I will be there for all events.

3. I will be able to attend any night after 9ish, and some evenings.

4. I nominate Kytae!

5. Crusherbank will supply what we need, say what and how much.

6. I dunno, which have the best candy to swipe and most pumpkins to smash? Really any will do. :clomp:

Stop me before I do something wrong here. . . But it occured to me that maybe the MC would speak in his or her native tongue and be translated to Orc Blah, this does not need to be exact in anyway shape or form, as a matter of fact I hoping that who ever does the translating would improvise a bit to make even more fun? Yes I'm fishing for more ideas but I'm approaching the bottom of the barrel.

Anyone that would be willing to lead a few groups for the headless horseman event, read up on it if there is anything out there.

WE NEED A DATE/TIME!! I see alot of readers but not enough input to tack down a time yet. I want to see as many people as possible show up, as well as any friends that would like to join in the fun. I don't think it's right to have such an event without including our many friends as well (Get the word out). But we need that time and date first.

*fires an arrow at a calendar while blind folded* Whoops, mez hit dah moo one, sorry Cal!

*tries again, and removes his blind fold, observing that the arrow landed on Sunday the 28th of October*

Id seems lik dah arrows be want'n dah party ta be on dah 28th. 8 or 9 pm wud be gud mez tinks.

Edited by Kailand

I apologize for not contributing. With everything Ive had going primarily personally and partially ingame, Im not sure that Im going to have time, so I kept quiet.

Im sure you'll advertise the times and all that. I shall do my best to attend if I can.

Sorry!

- Bar

Sunday the 28th at 8:00 p. m. server time. . .

In front of Undercity in the gravdyard. . .

I need help organizing this and need to talk with those of you that wish to help. Don't really need prizes as long as crusher bank is available. But, if you do have prizes to donate, send them to me and mark the mail as such. Then all I need is a little of your time and effort ;)

Remember to invite friends and anyone interested!!

Events:

1. Costume contest (prizes to the top 3) RP

2. Headless Horsemen runs PVE

3. Trick or Treating with the Alliance PVP

plus two other events that will be announced when we gather.