My Kara Raid...

Vendes

OK so I have a few people that I know will join my in my endeavor...

Heres my list so far:

Arinelle (me) - holy paladin

Morennyn - shadow priest

Alenaira - hunter

Namoric - warlock

(maybe: Demoan - warrior)

So as you can see I am in need of tanks and healers.

From what I understand I will need 2 tanks and 3 healers (please correct me if I am wrong).

I am hoping to get things going for Tues(maybe Mon)/Thursday starting at maybe 8pm and going to about 12. (I hear any less than 4 hours and you might as well not even try - especially since it takes a while to get organized at the start) And I am shooting a couple weeks from now (around May 21st) so people are done with the spring semester and won't be worrying about exams and final projects.

If you know anyone that might be interested, post here or let me know in game.

Thanks for your time.

Arinelle

Edited by Vendes

From my experience and by no means a hard rule, I'm sure lots of other combinations are possible:

From attunmen to curator: 2 tanks or 1 pure tank/1 hybrid tank is ideal (feral druids <3), 2 healing spec'ed healers minimum, 2 healing spec and 1 hybrid healer (shadow priest, enhance/elemental shaman, sorry no lolretpally ;p) is ideal, the rest dps. Past Curator it becomes a little more unforgiving and depending on the strength of the dps, you might have to take another hybrid healer with you.

I can act as a fill-in to help get things started. Kelani is currently the only one keyed, but Waldonnis (affliction warlock) and Verissi (deep fire mage, toying with the idea of an arcane/fire respec) have completed the initial steps and are on the fragments now. Adranna is 65, but will likely be at 70 soon enough and I may respec to disc/holy since I'm not as thrilled with shadow as I thought I might be.

I don't really want to take up a permanent spot in any raid at the moment (I have several personal reasons for this), but will happily help to get the ball rolling so you can get into the instance, then yield to others once more interest picks up :devil:

Yay! Thanks much Wald.

And for others...don't be afraid to post even if you are still working on getting your keys. If you let me know we can try to work out a time to get it done...not to mention there is plenty of time to get it done.

Also post if you would like to come during the week and these specific times don't work for you...the only conflicts I have is gruul's on wed other than that any week day is good for those that have signed up.

So please don't be shy people! There is still time to get keys and get that last lv if you are really interested...just please let me know!

Kaz i am always up for helping people get keyed, just let me know next time i am online and i will help you out (this goes for anyone).

However since i find myself on ts more and more lately just chatting it up i tend to miss people saying stuff in chat...so just whisper me and i will let you know what i am doing and when i will be next available. :devil:

I'm all for helping Cfolks key up so if you need some healing or some dps for any step let me know if im on and I will be happy to lend a hand

Thanks mar :dancing_smile:

Roach as a paladin, i gotta say...i love my intel buff (gives me more healing and damage) :)

I'll work on getting Slythe to 70 so I can bring him eventually, if you need mages by that point :)

Mages exist??? *shifty*

Just because you abandoned your versatile CC and left me holding the bag with my one-use ability :dancing_smile: doesn't mean other people don't have sympathy for my plight.

Just because you abandoned your versatile CC and left me holding the bag with my one-use ability :dancing_smile: doesn't mean other people don't have sympathy for my plight.

<insert obligatory warlock ability reference here>

Actually, I've been playing Verissi late at night to see if I can find some strength to distinguish her abilities from Waldy's...and in my opinion, Waldy is just superiour in almost every way. There is a certain satisfaction to being able to 2-3 shot pretty much any non-elite (when the stars align, of course), but the trade-offs make it tough to find the silver lining these days. Some of it is V's lack of decent gear, admittedly, but the versatility of the mage class abilities is akin to the plight of rogues right now: most of what you can do well is so severely situational that it might as well not exist (snare or root-immune mobs are plentiful, damage nerfs, survivability issues, etc).

Meh, not the thread for the discussion and, truthfully, mage is still fun to play...I guess I'm just a bit bitter about how poorly we "scaled" and how radically our role has changed in the past few months. It says something to me that even Adranna, at 65, has the tools and damage to destroy a 70 mage...

Ok, put up a raid sign up for Tuesday (with a continue on Thursday) so sign up if you are interested!!!

Edited by Vendes

I am also still working on getting keyed but once I do and the semester is over I will certainly let a know!

So...I still need tanks and healers for my raid :)

Any chance anyone knows a few that might be interested?...since that is what we seem to lack in guild and I haven't met any lately that aren't already in a run.

Just wanted to say that we downed Attumen, Moroes, and Maiden in our first run! We did wonderfully...never had to go past a 3rd try on anything. I am so proud. *wipes a tear from her eye*

And gratz to all those that got shiny new loot. :yub:

:tease:

Alright I have a lack of healers for tonight.

We chose friday night cause everyone said they could make it, but that seems not to be the case. So I was wondering if any healer types were interested in joining us - crusher or otherwise.

Please contact me in game (Arinelle) or sign up on the website.

Thanks

As has always been the case, my schedule on Fridays is dicey at best.

I wish I could help, Vendes. Good luck in there! Im sure you'll be able to continue the success!

The first few weeks of a raid are always tough... it'll come around!

- Bar

Woot...finished the opera event! Got a few tries in on curator...gonna try to get him down on monday. :)

It has been a great first week!

I just want to congratulate those that joined us on a very successful first week. :smurf: We made it all the way to the chess event! Thanks guys. >:L