Tips for Moroes

Crikrunner

Thanks to all for the suggestions here are some from Odenn:

1. Warlock save soul stone for the first person to get garroted, this way instead of healers spending lots of mana keeping them up simply ss them, and let them die and repop. Without a pallidin to remove it there is no way out of it except person death or the death of Moroes.

2. Priests there is a macro you can use to target you shackle target without loosing your healing target:

(( need to look it up ill edit it back in once i find it ))

this will allow for better cc

3. Mages if you get garroted you can ice block out of it

Some groups kill 2 or 3 targets then Moroes, then the remaining adds. Key is just keeping 2 mobs shackled or ice trapped till Moroes dies, can't allow them out of cc for more than a second.

Macro command to target your assignment without having to move away from your current target.

example, if you are assigned to keep Lord Robin Daris shackled

set this up in a macro button command

/cast [target=Lord Robin Daris] Shackle Undead

when you hit the macro button it will cast the specified spell at the target without moving you away from what you have selected currently.

Good Luck, I know you guys can do it.

Thank you Odenn. Here lies several well written guides to the fight: http://www.bosskillers.com/cgi-bin/bbguild...;sid=B32BNkEb4f

Another point I forgot to mention, limited invulnerability potions (( paladin bubble )) can also remove the garrote.

( 2 blind weed (easy) 1 ghost mushroom (rare) )

Ghost mushrooms aren't really what I'd call rare. Go hang out in the Hinterlands in the area with the elite trolls. As you get close to the main troll, there is a cave complex and they respawn quickly there. You can pick up a few in no time (at least I used too with Zuato).

Oh, one other thing - I can only Blessing of Protection once every 5 minutes (damn cool downs), so a Paladin would probably be able to do that to one party member once to remove the garrote. Just food for thought. I can still bubble myself if I get it, but that leaves me able to do that to one other target unless this fight is insanely long.

Edited by Huato

To the best of my knowledge, the limited Vulnerability pots do not work to remove it... I think you have to take them when he disappears in the hopes you dont get it.

Only two real ways to get it off:

1. Iceblock

2. Pally

Huato - cant you spec a shorter cooldown on that one?

Now that you mention it, there sure is - it's in the protection tree - I've been considering moving the points I have in Ret to Protection anyway, so that's not a bad idea...it's a 2 point talent that will knock the cool down to 3 minutes from 5. Consider it done by the time I reach 70. :smurf:

Here's how I am specced right now:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classe...000000000000000

And here is what I will go to the next time I hit the trainer when I respec (this is the 70 talents I will take):

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classe...000000000000000

That one also lets me pick up kings which people have been asking for too (Along with toughness which will help a ton). :lostit:

Edited by Huato

I would also recommend hunters feign death when he vanishes, and don't pop back up until he reappears. This will prevent hunters from getting garroted. Just make sure that you have enough time on your traps before FDing

As of that last patch, the Luffa no longer works on mobs higher than 60.

In other words: Options are very limited. Iceblock, Paladin, and get some hots on ya.

- Bar

If I hit 67 tonight (which I should), I'm going to respecc to move all of my ret. points to protection and pick that up now. I have to visit the trainer anyway, so I'll do it tonight. Should make my survivability go way up. :smurf:

I would also recommend hunters feign death when he vanishes, and don't pop back up until he reappears. This will prevent hunters from getting garroted. Just make sure that you have enough time on your traps before FDing

I second this suggestion. I never once got garroted when I figured that one out on our second attempt (after I realised just how painful that stupid bleed was during the first attempt). Garrote application also is applied through ice barrier/mana shield as well as PW:S, so those are no help either :smurf:

As far as the paladin bubble idea...meh, it's of limited value, honestly. Even with 2/2 Sacred Duty (which is a bit too deep into prot talents for most holy paladins to consider), you're only looking at a 60sec reduction to the normal 5min cooldown of Divine Shield. Bleed effects are considered physical debuffs, so there are precious few options for curing them and, with the trinket out of the picture now, we seem to be down to only two...both of which are situational or talent-specific, and have horridly long cooldowns :lostit:

I'm going to do some research. Blizzard often adds subtle counters to most of the abilities used by instance bosses, so this one may not be different. The only exceptions that I've found are when the encounters are intended to stress the abilities of the raid in certain areas, e.g. healing-centric, decurse/demagic, etc.

Has anyone ever tried something similar to what we do with the big lobster boss' debuff (not the same, I know, but still a physical debuff)...healing to full and keeping it there for 0.5-1.5 secs? This has never worked against rogues' garrote before, but who knows what they did with the mechanic that they never told us...

Side note: Curious to see what your final spec will be, Huato. They've added some interesting talents since my day (two reviews and BC ago :D) so I should catch up on your experiences with holy talents thus far so I can better plan my future spec. Admittedly, I'll need to respec eventually, since my prot talents are all geared towards being paired with a hunter for questing rather than instance healing/emergency off-tanking, but I already have a rough spec in mind.

Well, 7 points into the protection tree grants me the ability to bubble others (or myself if I choose) every three minutes instead of 5. Like you said though, it's too far down the Protection tree to gain anything from Divine Shield for myself (not really all that concerned about that one really). Reason I say that is because I only blow my shield when it's absolutely necessary to remove a debuff or grant me a few seconds to get a big heal off. I'm more apt to use the other bubble to save a party member.

I think the one I posted will be my final for a while - the one that is heavily tilted to Holy with the remainder in Prot. That seems to be the most favorable for raiding to me as far as healing and buffing goes. I may remove the 2 points from Blessed Life and move them to Purifying Power if it appears I'll be doing a lot of Cleansing (I know this was huge in MC for the Alliance).

If you have the right balance in the group and enough DPS it shouldn't be too much of a worry.

1st Garrote - dispell by paladin

2nd Garrote - soul stone, let them die, pop back up.

This basically makes it so the first two garrotes don't need mana wasted from healers. After this point you can heal through them or druid BR, Shaman pop, extra SS if you have it. Once Moroes dies (any adds can still be alive), all garrotes that are on people are removed.

The SS, BR method does make it a bit hard in learning the encounter due to the cooldowns associated with it. The biggest trick to learning the encounter is getting the pull solid and having a solid plan on CCing the adds.

Something else to note... if you get a Paladin as one of Moroes' adds, they will buff him and the others with Blessing of Might. This might even be a supercharged version of Blessing of Might, as it allows Moroes to pump out some major damage. Our group was dealing with that until we realized the buff was happening... it must be purged off of Moroes at least, and the other mobs if and when you fight them.

If you're short on shackles, don't forget the Paladin's ability to fear undead. That's 20 seconds of a mob running around feared, and the paladin can re-fear 30 seconds after casting. There's a slight chance the mob might fear out of the room, however... this would reset the event. I've never seen it happen, but you've been warned :nub:

Good idea Al - I always forget I have the fear undead spell due to the fact we hardly see any except in certain areas. I do love holy wrath though - with my talents and spell damage that hits the mobs that don't resist for 900 to over 1000 each. :nub:

And my healing set is coming along nicely - up to +671 un-buffed now.

its a race to the finish! Arinelle vs. Morgard! ( or whatever your name is! ;p )

Itll be good to have you both around!

I know both Calendar's and my group are lacking pallies!

did we figure out how we should sign up...are we just making up something and you guys just recognizing our names?

as for saturdays....2pm might be a little early for me...

Once I hit 68 I would like to find some willing and able people to help me knock out the Netherstorm quest line to get the nice blue healing plate pants too...that will be a nice upgrade to the current healing plate pants I have. :0