Farewell, friends

Grimgor

For reasons that are long considered, I have decided that it is time for me to leave the Clan Skullcrusher Molten Core raid. You'll fill my spot quickly, no doubt, so I am happy to not cause any undue ripples as I go.

It's a bittersweet thing for me; I've made quite a few friends here that I'll be telling goodbye in a week-to-week sense, but it's also a great (and overdue) relief. My presence in the raid is a source of inescapable friction (though I've tried!), due to my personal circumstances, with what seems to be a handful of people.

To those people -- and you know who you are -- I can only ask forgiveness... with a healthy helping of Understanding. The combination of the following: (1) me being an hour behind (CST) the rest of you, (2) a parent who refuses to be a "dereliction-of-duty dad" while the kids are still awake, and (3) my duties and responsibilities to the guild I lead ... has me less capable of being prepared (farming FR for instance) as quickly as you few would like, and it's forced me to be a bit of a ghost/AFK player in the first portion of every raid night. To TRY to fit in more, I've tried logging in earlier than was responsible, but the demands of parenthood aren't patient, nor do they come in neatly-packaged bursts that are perfectly in tune with encounters in the Core. The raids are getting earlier and earlier, too. I just can't pay lip-service to "RL > WoW" anymore.

So...

Odenn, brother... take care of that baby, stay strong, and keep smackin them Alliance around once in a while. We'll be in touch, so says my Friends List.

*iris, what can I say? You're a sweetheart (how's *that* for a "Texan" thing to say?!)

Relikk, if I ever go into boxing, I want you in my corner. With that sword in your belt.

Rhoach, I love you so. May Core Hounds always sneak up on you when you least expect them.

Lomar, thanks for the kind words -- they always came on those days I needed it most.

Brainah, see, now the axe is yours... if it ever drops... ever never ever! And if it does, don't show it to me, unless you want to see an old Orc cry.

Goroton, or should I say "Groat-n"? Pahahahar-hehehar! They'll never get it right.

Haq/Harne/Houli, love the hammer, love the maker.

Scryll, I think I will always owe you a full stack of 20 Dense Sharpening Stones every time I see you.

Thanks to the rest of you for having me along. I'll be around -- mail or whisper if you need anything.

Edited by Grimgor

Baaaah!!! You make it seem like this brave warrior is dead. Don't mourn him leaving, celebrate the adventures you've had or will have with him. Grim, I'll share a field of battle with you any day. - Cho

Edited by Chocoa