Mage Talents Leaked

Narsica

Enclosed are the talents that were put up today by IGN. So far, IGN has been 100% correct on their talent "leaks". Enjoy, and as a person who has a frost mage, I'm kinda meh about it :)

Arcane Talents

Tier 1

Arcane Subtlety

Reduces your target's resistance to all your spells by 4/7/10, and all of your spell criticals cause 17/34/50% less threat.

Note: Functionality has been significantly altered.

Arcane Focus

Reduces the chance that the opponent can resist your Arcane spells by 2/4/6/8/10%.

Improved Arcane Missiles

Gives you a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to avoid interruption caused by damage while channeling Arcane Missiles.

Tier 2 (No changes)

Wand Specialization

Increases your damage with Wands by 5/10/15/20/25%.

Arcane Concentration

Gives you a 2/4/6/8/10% chance of entering a Clearcasting state after any damage.

Tier 3

Magic Attunement

Increases the effect of your Amplify Magic and Dampen Magic spells by 25/50%.

Note: This talent previously only affected Dampen Magic.

Improved Arcane Explosion

Increases the critical strike chance of your Arcane Explosion spell by an additional 1/2/3/4/5%.

Note: AE is now an instant cast spell, so this talent has been altered to add +crit instead of casting time reduction.

Arcane Resilience

Increases your armor by an amount equal to 50% of your Intellect.

Note: Evocation, previously in this location and now a trainer spell, has been traded for one that also gives mages an armor boost.

Tier 4

Improved Mana Shield

Decreases the mana lost per point of damage taken when Mana Shield is active by 10/20%.

Improved Counterspell

Gives Counterspell a 50/100% chance to silence the target for 4 seconds.

Arcane Meditation

Allows 5/10/15% of your Mana regeneration to continue while casting.

Note: Previously five increments of 3%, freeing up two talent points to spend elsewhere.

Tier 5 (No changes)

Presence of Mind

When activated, your next Mage spell with a casting time less than 10 sec becomes an instant cast spell.

Arcane Mind

Increases your maximum Mana by 2/4/6/8/10%.

Tier 6

Arcane Instability

Increases your spell damage and critical strike chance by 1/2/3%.

Tier 7

Arcane Power

When activated, your spells deal 30% more damage while costing 30% more mana to cast. This effect lasts 15 seconds.

Note: Damage and mana cost have been reduced by 5%

Fire Talents

Tier 1 (No changes)

Improved Fireball

Reduces the casting time of your Fireball spell by 0.1/.2/.3/.4/.5 seconds.

Impact

Gives your Fire spells a 2/4/6/8/10% chance to stun the target for 2 seconds

Tier 2

Ignite

Your critical strikes from Fire damage spells cause the target to burn for an additional 8/16/24/32/40% of your spells damage over 4 seconds

Flame Throwing

Increases the range of your fire spells by 3/6 yards.

Improved Fire Blast

Reduces the cooldown of your Fire Blast spell by 0.5/1/1.5 seconds.

Note: Previously in five increments; two skill points freed up.

Tier 3

Incinerate

Increases the critical strike chance of your Fire Blast and Scorch spells by 2/4%.

Improved Flamestrike

Increases the critical strike chance of your Flamestrike spell by 5/10/15%.

Pyroblast

Hurls an immense fiery boulder that causes 148 to 195 Fire damage and an additional 56 Fire damage over 12 seconds.

Burning Soul

Gives your fire spells a 35/70% chance to not lose casting time when you take damage.

Note: Previously three increments -- 25/50/65%. One talent point freed up.

Tier 4

Improved Scorch

Your Scorch spells have a 33/66/100% chance to cause your target to be vulnerable to Fire damage. This vulnerability increase the Fire damage dealt to your target by 2% and lasts 15 seconds Stacks up to 5 times.

Note: Previously five increments of 20%. Two more talent points freed.

Improved Fire Ward

Causes your Fire Ward to have a 10/20% chance to reflect Fire spells while active.

Note: Was previously 20/35%.

Master of Elements

Your Fire and Frost spell criticals will refund 10/20/30% of their base mana cost.

Note: This is a new ability and, interestingly, affects more than one talent tree.

Tier 5 (No changes)

Critical Mass

Increases the critical strike chance of your fire spells by 2/4/6%.

Blast Wave

A wave of flame radiates outward from the caster, damaging all enemies caught within the blast for 160 to 192 Fire damage, and dazing them for 6 seconds.

Tier 6 (No changes)

Fire Power

Increases the damage done by your fire spells by 2/4/6/8/10%.

Tier 7

Combustion

When activated, this spell causes each Fire damage spell you cast to increase your critical strike chance with Fire damage spells by 10%. This effect lasts until you have caused 3 critical strikes with Fire spells.

Note: Significant functionality change. This used to grant a 100% chance to crit with your next fire spell. The cooldown is not listed.

Frost Talents

Tier 1

Improved Frost Nova

Reduces the cooldown of your Frost Nova spell by 2/4 seconds.

Improved Frostbolt

Reduces the casting time of your Frostbolt spell by 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.4/0.5 seconds.

Permafrost

Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 1 second and reduces the target's speed by an additional 4%/7%/10%.

Note: Additional speed reduction is new.

Tier 2

Note: Improved Frost Nova has been removed.

Ice Shards

Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Frost spells by 20/40/60/80/100%.

Frost Warding

Increases the armor and resistances given by your Frost Armor and Ice Armor spells by 15/30%. In addition, gives your Frost Ward a 10% chance to reflect Frost spells and effects while active.

Frostbite

Gives your Chill effects a 5/10/15% chance to freeze the target for 5 seconds.

Note: Previously a Rank 6 item. Was also previously five increments of 3%. Two more skill points freed up. Winter's Chill moved to Rank 6, with adjusted functionality.

Tier 3

Piercing Ice

Increases the damage done by your Frost spells by 2/4/6%.

Cold Snap

Instant, 10-minute cooldown

When activated, this spell finishes the cooldown on all of your Frost spells.

Improved Blizzard

Adds a chill effect to your Blizzard spell. This effect lowers the target's movement speed by 40/60/75%. Lasts 4.50 seconds.

Note: Movement speed reduced by an additional 5%. Effect duration tripled.

Tier 4

Note: Improved Frost Ward has been removed.

Arctic Reach

Increases the range of your Frostbolt and Blizzard spells and the radius of your Frost Nova and Cone of Cold spells by 10%/20%.

Frost Channeling

Reduces the mana cost of your frost spells by 5/10/15%.

Shatter

Requires 3 points in Frostbite

Increases the critical strike chance of all your spells against frozen targets by 10/20/30/40/50%.

Note: Updated.

Tier 5 (No changes)

Ice Block

You become encased in a block of ice, protecting you from all physical attacks and spells for 10 sec, but during that time you cannot attack, move, or cast spells.

Improved Cone of Cold

Increases the damage dealt by your Cone of Cold spell by 15%/25%/35%.

Tier 6

Winter's Chill

Gived your Frost damage spells a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to apply the Winter's Chill effect, which increases the chance a Frost spell will critically hit the target by 1% for 15 seconds Stacks up to 5 times.

Note: Previously added three increments of 4% speed reduction to Chill effects. Was a Rank 2 item.

Tier 7 (No changes)

Ice Barrier

Instant cast, 30-second cool down

Instantly shields you, absorbing 454 damage. Lasts 1 minute. While the shield holds, spells will not be interrupted.

Edited by Narsica

Huato will be tarred and feathered and dragged naked through the streets, then barbequed over a slow flame and eaten by the clan for considering his traitorous thoughts!!!

Huato will be tarred and feathered and dragged naked through the streets, then barbequed over a slow flame and eaten by the clan for considering his traitorous thoughts!!!

Mmm...barbequed Huato. What side dishes come with that?

Actually....

I still don't care for the Alliance side at all, and I was thinking of trying out the new updates on my alliance mage since it would affect him more than my level 8 forsaken mage that I use for disenchanting stuff. :)

Anyhow, I prefer the Druid to any other class at the moment, so no chances of me going down the new mage route.

What I am really looking forward to in 1.11 is what they do with the Shaman...I'm already about ready to say switch my main to Zuato, but that will definitely be the deal maker/breaker there.

Edited by Huato

Hehe shamans.... confused beings who think they're mages and warriors combined in mail armor. :lostit:

Glad to see they finally gave you guys a heads up on the shaman changes.

P.S. Waldy, Next time giggle way before! I didn't see it until after combat was over. :D

P.P.S. I think my alliance run is over now- I'm leveling a mage horde side. Save some of that arcanist's for me! :)

Yeah, the Shaman is an odd class. We can heal, resurrect, buff our immediate party, melee, and nuke.

But then so can a Druid, but much better (except the party buffs - they get a 3% chance to crit for melee or casters depending on spec).

*shrugs*

Looks like Enhancement is getting a bit of a nerf, Resto is getting buffed, and looks like elemental gets a bit of a buff too (not nearly as much as resto did though). I took Huato through ZG with the AC last night, and he is currently specced elemental (29)/resto (22). I enjoy nuking things with him...I crit very frequently for over 1200 a shot, sometimes higher with chain lighting or Earth Shock if I know aggro won't be a problem (those two spells generate a crap load of aggro). Resto is finally getting some aggro dump with talents (I've been smashed by molten destroyers too much lately popping heals on our main tank in MC lately...looking forward to that if I don't respec elemental/enhancement with the review).

I'm bummed that we still have to spend 11 talent points to get to use two handed maces and axes. They are promising we won't have to retrain after this, but I am not holding my breath....they said they were going to fix that bug 2 years ago. It's aggravating because they give a nice 2 hand damage+healing mace in Silithius at the Cenarion Hold for Shaman, but that means I have to move 11 points out of resto or elemental to use it. Paladins (to the best of my knowledge) don't have this rediculous restriction where they have to spend 11 talent points to learn to use 2 hand weapons...and we're the offensive hybrid.

With that in mind, and having a Resto spec Druid (this is going to make Verissi and a bunch of others VERY happy), I am going to switch to elemental/enhance...at least down to the 11 points for 2 hand maces, and switch my desired weapon for Huato from the Staff of Dominance to Finkle's Lava Dredger. I'll probably respec him tonight or tomorrow so I can start working up my 2 hand mace and axe skills so that when the review hits I won't have to work them up then...they'll already be there. I've had my Hammer of the Titans and my Zulian Stone Axe rotting in the bank for a while now. :) My build will be sort of like Brainah's, but more in elemental and less in enhance, but I do plan on hitting the resto tree both pre and post patch.

Now...with that in mind, the Will of Arlokk or the Staff of Dominance top Zuato's list of desirable weapons for his healing. :lostit:

Edit: In other words, Huato is going DPS, Zuato is going healing. lol Huato will steal heal when need be, he's just going to go on a rampage for a while.

Edited by Huato