Balandar News....

Borg

Our esteemed Webmaster has landed his first seat in the great wide real world of programming.......

Congrats to Balandar.

My small tidbits of advice.....

Save anything you can toward retirement.....dont talk about it at work....its your first day...wouldnt be good talking about retirement so soon hehehe

When in doubt about a joke or saying something in reply to a joke........dont.

Dont ask if any of your co workers is wearing any chain or ringmail undergarments.....wont go over well.

Vending machines everywhere are cursed.....they will KNOW when you are hungriest and steal your money by hanging up the cheetos and not let them fall....drink machines will drop units covered in slime from the underbelly of a giant slug.

If pizza is allowed to be delivered.....do it occassionally...not for yourself only but also for your close team of coworkers.......food of the GODS is a great ice breaker and powerful to programmers at work....a small piece of heaven delivered right to the cubicle of hell.

If your allowed to create screenames.......you better keep Balandar......you have the license plates.....embrace the horror.......you ARE BALANDAR. i have customers who use Borg at work hhehe funny as hell and keeps things light and personal....you are in programming world....more apt to use screenames.......be proud of who you are.....let it define you.

Start to enjoy CNN morning wake up with CAROL and CHAD......she is cute as hell and he is funny and laid back......they start my days off great

050802b.jpg

Begin to read DILBERT....you will always find some similarity with your new home (work)

The best WORK in life is PLAY.........the worst PLAY in life is WORK.

Have fun at work and come home to play.....

NOW you have a job that you will be escaping from to play with us.......gaming will now be a different shade of activity for you brother......

CONGRATS AGAIN BALANDAR...

Welcome to the other side.....

Resistance is futile....

From this time forward you shall work for us.

Your technological distinctivness will be added to the collective.

You are one with the BORG ( Business Organizations Real Grind)

:cool: Thanks :gold:

I have a 75k that I have been paying into since I was 14. I'll have to get my own benefits since they do not have any at that company.

Anyway, I'll be doing programming kinda like what I do here. heheh. Which is great! What I learn at work I can apply here, well maybe. And I also have Kozz who I can get info from :devil: He just rejoined UO after 6 some years of absence. (I have been in contact with him for every week since that time though :gold:)

I don't know what to do for lunch yet. I'll have to talk to my boss and find out how things are done there.. that or drive around the day before I work to see if I can't find someplace to eat. Or bring in a big bag of cheetos.

Also, what time does that CNN show start in the mornings... remember, I am an hour behind you Borg.

DING! Balandar has made a level! New title: Programmer!

You have 7504 experience to go for the next level

I am so happy for you Balandar. Congratulations for your current and future success! :D

Weekends before: :D

Weekends after: ???

-Hothgorn TheBlack

forgot a good point........

Start waking up 3 hrs before you need to be at work.

1hr to get rid of sandman

1hr to shower/dress/eat

1hr to get to work........REGARDLESS if it is less than an hour to drive.....being late is not good thing for noobs....your co workers will begin to make thier own lists in their minds about ya.....keep it a clean slate.

So....when did you wake up today.....?