Battle/Army

If you bank your gold then nobody will have a reason to attack you. They can't gain gold if you have none. >:/

Sooo, it is possible to cheat... I know I would since Wolf took about 800 gold from me this morning!! But then what point would there be to playing the game? :D I just don't want to see people sit in the army, gain gold, and then bank it all to prevent people from gaining it.. I have also added an item to the store that will allow people to steal bank money from people. But... be careful. IF you fail, you will lose twice the amount you attempted to steal from your own bank vault. :smurf:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, cool. :smurf: Just wanted to know if banking was considered "cheating", since I dont' have that much, and, well, most of y'all have been around longer than I or have posted more, and hence have more gold.

The more people you have in the army the more gold you make. Except you spend it very quickly since some people keep attacking you and taking all of your gold!!

I don't get the weapons thing. Do multiple weapons help? Or are you supposed to just 'upgrade' to the next weapon and sell your old one?

Watching the increase in damage as I add better weapons, it seems you want to upgrade weapons if possible. I also am assuming that if you have 10 warriors you want 10 weapons. Having 11 weapons and only 10 warriors probably means one weapon will sit idle during a battle.

Upgrading weapons increases the repair cost of each battle though. Outfit your entire army with daggers and an attack is free. Upgrade to 10 spears and a single attack costs you 20 gold in weapon decay...

I don't understand what the attack turns does, actually I am betting it is broken. My guess is you can attack anyone up to 10 times per day. Putting a 10 in there should mean it does 10 battles in a row. Leaving you with a big pile of gold for you victories and potentially heavy casualties.

I don't get the weapons thing. Do multiple weapons help? Or are you supposed to just 'upgrade' to the next weapon and sell your old one?

Watching the increase in damage as I add better weapons, it seems you want to upgrade weapons if possible. I also am assuming that if you have 10 warriors you want 10 weapons. Having 11 weapons and only 10 warriors probably means one weapon will sit idle during a battle.

Upgrading weapons increases the repair cost of each battle though. Outfit your entire army with daggers and an attack is free. Upgrade to 10 spears and a single attack costs you 40 gold in weapon decay...

I don't understand what the attack turns does, actually I am betting it is broken. My guess is you can attack anyone up to 10 times per day. Putting a 10 in there should mean it does 10 battles in a row. Leaving you with a big pile of gold for you victories and potentially heavy casualties.

That's a fairly good assesment of the system

:D phase 3

If you go to the page that this battle system was based on, they talk about moving to Phase 3 there, I think including a system wipe for all of the players. As the battle system we are using isn't tightly coupled with that system, I don't think it will impact us at all. That's my guess on the "Phase 3" thing anyway...

my god, I've been attacked 24 times today!

Liar. :devil: You can only be attacked 10 times a day. There could be more turns, but only 10 people/attacks can happen. >8]

The attacks are set at 6pm. Not at midnight. So you could get 10 attacks before 6pm today, and 10 after 6pm today and all will show up as today.

I have seen a limit of 10 attack entries by one person (against any other specific person) per day. I ASSUMED that meant 10 turns max as well. But it looks like you can select any # of turns for each of your 10 attacks.

I don't see any benefit to increasing the turns other than the casualty rate seems to go up (on both sides). I think the GOLD rate needs to go up as well. That seems like a bug in our implementation. Why risk soldiers for no additional gain? Unless you value killing your opponents guys more highly than keeping your own alive I see no point.

Jun 16 2004, 11:21 AM Balandar Lost 5 Gold 2 0 0 50,143 13,718 details

Jun 16 2004, 11:21 AM Balandar Lost 6 Gold 2 0 0 41,787 17,056 details

Jun 16 2004, 11:21 AM Balandar Lost 8 Gold 2 0 0 34,623 11,309 details

Jun 16 2004, 11:21 AM Balandar Lost 12 Gold 2 0 0 40,011 27,084 details

Jun 16 2004, 11:21 AM Balandar Lost 6 Gold 2 0 0 53,773 6,890 details

Jun 16 2004, 11:21 AM Balandar Lost 9 Gold 2 0 0 23,878 20,248 details

Jun 16 2004, 11:21 AM Balandar Lost 9 Gold 2 0 0 36,446 14,256 details

Jun 16 2004, 11:21 AM Balandar Lost 12 Gold 2 0 0 52,610 16,725 details

Jun 16 2004, 11:21 AM Balandar Lost 11 Gold 2 0 0 36,462 19,200 details

Jun 16 2004, 11:20 AM Balandar Lost 12 Gold 2 0 0 46,646 14,528 details

But that is 20 TURNS you used on me....in 10 Attacks.

Before we could only do 10 TURNS vs anyone........1 attack (10 turns) equalled 10 attacks (1 turn)

Can you elaborate what is going on.......???

Archived