Kailand's 10 Man

Kailand

Hi, I finally made a decision on who to bring, and it was a tough decision, 13 people showed interest - all good people, and I could only choose 10. So the roster is as follows:

Holyssa - Main tank (Protection Paladin)

Ascoli - Off-tank/DPS (Protection/Retribution Paladin)

Uglutz - Healer (Restoration Shaman)

Kadiana - Healer (Holy Paladin)

Zuworty - 3rd Healer/Ranged DPS (for healing spec needs to decide with Uglutz/Kadiana on which would be best) Priest

Orcala - Melee DPS (AFK (A Feral Kitty) Druid)

Sardaukkar - Melee DPS (Arms Warrior)

Kailand - Ranged DPS (Survival Hunter)

Skywatcher - Ranged DPS (Beastmaster Hunter)

Draegloth - Ranged DPS (Destructruction Warlock)

I would like to thank every one for showing interest. With this group we have all buffs/debuffs covered, and I hope good cohesion. We can start when everyone is ready... probably at the earliest the second half of January, and the latest the start of February. The times are tuesdays and thursdays 8:00 pm to 11:00 PM, with some flexibility if needed. Elrikk, let me know the class spec you decide by the new year so Skywatcher and I can decide which pets to level to round out the buffs/debuffs.

Kailand

edit: WMO page: http://www.wowmeteronline.com/browse/guild.../32819#calendar

Edited by Kailand

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good group! We even get the Thunder Bluff tax credit for bringing Orcala.

And the Silvermoon tax credit for bringing me along, don't forget. Better keep lifting those weights, Ugz!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys, next tuesday I've planned a trial run raid of Baradin Hold. I know that some of us aren't fully geared out of heroics yet, but I'm more interested in benchmarking us for now. I'd like to see peoples gear enchanted and gemmed (although not necessarily with the best enchants and gems out there - green quality gems will be good enough for your current blues, try to put best enchants/gems in the epics) . Everyone make sure you have a stack or two of buff food - don't buy the food off of the AH, as the more food made within the guild will unlock a minor food buff feast. and by fishing in pools we can unlock a greater feast (http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=5036). Also send your herbs to uglutz to make flasks, don't buy the flasks off of the AH, as the more flasks made within the guild will unlock a cauldron, which is more efficient than having everyone bring flasks. I'd like everyone to look up the type of flask that they would use, and herb/buy the herbs required in as large of quantities as you can and send them to uglutz. If he isn't ######ing and cursing that he has too many herbs, than we aren't doing our jobs!

So to recap:

-Trial run of baradin hold on tuesday

- enchant/gem your gear

-bring buff food made by yourself or someone within the guild

-fish those pools

-make uglutz want to quit being an alchemist by overloading him with herbs

-have fun

Kailand

P.S. Here is a list of people in the raid and thier professions

Kailand - Skinner / Leatherworker

Holyssa - Miner / Jewelcrafter

Ascoli - Miner / Blacksmith

Uglutz - Herbalist / Alchemist

Kadiana - Miner / Blacksmith

Zuworty - Tailor / Enchanter

Draegloth - Tailor / Jewelcrafter

Skywatcher - Skinner / Herbalist

Orcala - Enchanter / Leatherworker

Sardaukkar - Blacksmith / Jewelcrafter

Edited by Kailand

I'm not sure there is much I can do in the way of flasks. I don't have an herbalist nor a alchemist, so it's difficult for me to contribute.

I will try to buy herbs off the AH rather than flasks (that should help right?). Hopefully that won't be overly expensive.

As for enchants, that I can help with! I'm always willing to give up some of my mats to help others (especially this early in the expansion where most of them are cheap). I also had this deal with folks back in WoTLK that if they provided me with a semi-steady flow of junk greens they get a free enchanting membership (i.e. ask me for whatever whenever).

Some of the enchants need to be bought, so if you have something specific in mind please let me know so I keep some shards reserved to buy your enchant.

So the plan is to do 2-3 heroics tonight to get a bit more gear for those that need it.

One thing that I'd highly recommend for everyone after seeing Magmaw and reading a few fights: Run Speed enchants - sure they aren't as high DPS, etc as a few other enchants, but the extra movement speed helps stay out of bad stuff.

Assassin's Step: Agi +25/Run Speed

Earthens Vitality: Stam +30/Run Speed

Lavawalker: Mastery +35/Run Speed

I think everyone needs to be fully enchanted as well as gemmed. PERIOD. This isn't Wrath anymore folks.... if you have heroic level blue, spend the money and at least gem it with green quality gems. Send greens to zuworty for disenchanting. Buy the helm and shoulder enchants. Get your ###### together...we need every little bit of dps/healing/defense etc...

:D

I think everyone needs to be fully enchanted as well as gemmed. PERIOD. This isn't Wrath anymore folks.... if you have heroic level blue, spend the money and at least gem it with green quality gems. Send greens to zuworty for disenchanting. Buy the helm and shoulder enchants. Get your ###### together...we need every little bit of dps/healing/defense etc...

:D

I'm also looking at specs/glyphs/gems/enchants/reforging, and have started a review of the DPS, I've taken care of myself and Skywatcher - pretty much gemming/reforging/enchanting of stats is AGI>hit (until cap)>(2AP for BM)>crit>mastery>haste. Draegloth looks good - buy the book according to Elitist Jerks. Orcala on the spec side and glyph side should change up stuff (look at the feral DPS on elitistjerks.com), and for stats it looks like AGI >> Mastery > crit > hit = exp > haste. Sardaukkar on the spec and glyph side looks ok, some points should be moved around for when 2.0.6 hits, since slam will be viable again, instead of heroic strike spam, best guide I found was MMO-champion, which summerizes up the thread found on elitist jerks. Stats are Str > hit (until cap) > expertise (until cap) > crit==mastery > haste. I haven't looked up Shadow Priests yet. As for making sure gemming/enchanting is done.... I'll be inspecting everyone on monday to make sure it is done. also next week I will be calling out people who aren't using flasks/food.

As for the order we are doing Raids: Baradin hold, Blackwing Depths. I haven't decided which one we will do after that but be prepared for all the fights in BWD.

Kailand

Pay attention to (with the exception of the symbols):

raidingtactics.jpg

got this from MMO champion.

Edited by Kailand

Found this vid with a decent strat for 10-man Magmaw:

In this vid they have a single person at range which means only one person has to worry about the pillars and we don't lose healing/dps from travel time.

Single tank also seems like a valid strat. On Tuesday I was pretty much sitting there for a long time not doing anything until Holy got eaten at which point I taunted (doesn't really do anything since he's not hitting anyone until released from the spike). While the tank gets a 50% armor reduction debuff it's only something like 20% more damage from melee hits. Assuming Holy can survive being eaten and spit out I don't think Kadi (or whoever was healing Holy) would have any problems keeping him up with the debuff. I know Holy also tweaked his spec a bit (for self healing) which should help alleviate the required heals.

Great night tonight guys! 2 bosses down and quite a bit of work down on a third. Next week, lets repeat magmaw and omnotrom, and get maloriak down. Make sure you get your flasks made and have food ready. the boss we will do after Maloriak is atramedes so look his abilities up.

the WMO page is: http://www.wowmeteronline.com/browse/guild.../32819#calendar

Ok, I was doing a quick inspection of everyone prior to the raid today. Just using armory's built in checker( url is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/YOURNAMEHERE/advanced , replace YOURNAMEHERE with your name), several of you are missing enchants still (including the belt buckle). Come on guys, enchant up, bring your flasks and food.

You can check to see if you are missing anything, just armory yourself, and click on advanced, and it gives you a list of things you are missing, like gems/enchants. Don't wait for epic gear drops... and if you are having issues with mats/finding crafters, let me know. These are things that we should all do in order to make those boss fights that much easier and and progress faster. Fix these issues by thursday at the latest... (and hopefully by tonight). I'll make sure I have some extra enchanting mats in my mail box to help out zuworty getting people enchanted... and visit the AH for your belt buckle, or get one of our blacksmithers to make it for you. visit the AH for herbs so Uglutz can make you flasks and we get closer to the cauldron. I can make the Physical DPS leg kit.... The tanking leg kit is the next item for purchase for me. Zuworty and Draegloth are tailors, but I'm not sure if they know both leg kits (healer/caster).

People Passing the audit fully:

Kailand, Holyssa, Draegloth

Orcala just needs to work on LW for the bracer self enchant... minor issue

People Failing the audit:

Uglutz - missing 3 enchants (boots/bracers/legs), missing belt buckle.

Sardaukkar - missing 2 enchants (chest/shoulders), missing belt buckle, could be using 2 more JC gems, but not a major issue.

People Failing the audit in a different spec that will be used eventually in the raid:

Zuworty - missing 1 enchant (weapon), missing belt buckle for DPS spec (minor issue at the moment as we are using 3 healers currently in BWD)

Ascoli - missing 2 enchants (chest/legs) for DPS spec (minor issue at the moment - but there is one 1 tank fight coming up)

People in offspec/etc so I couldn't check fully

Kadiana, Skywatcher

Zuworty - missing 1 enchant (weapon)

I only have 1 weapon at moment and so if I were to enchant it it'd either be a DPS or Healer enchant. I don't really care which, but I was waiting to see what my predominant role was going to be before blowing away a bunch of mats.

I think that for the time being a healer enchant would be more appropriate.

Come on guys, enchant up, bring your flasks and food

Got the food, the enchants are no problem but the flasks are a bit problematic. I'm wondering if anyone else was in the same boat as me:

Basically I don't have an herbalist nor an alchemist which means that I have 0 access to the mats and other things required to help make flasks. Normally in WotLK I'd just buy the materials or the flasks. However this time around I'm noticing the flasks are sold for near 200g/ea (I'll have to check again).

That's 200g per hour * 6 = 1.2k gold per week. That is a budget I'm having a real hard time funding. I'd basically have to devote all my playing time simply gathering gold to buy flasks. What acceptable alternatives are there? Are WotLK flasks acceptable?

Edited by Calendar

Zuworty - missing 1 enchant (weapon)

I only have 1 weapon at moment and so if I were to enchant it it'd either be a DPS or Healer enchant. I don't really care which, but I was waiting to see what my predominant role was going to be before blowing away a bunch of mats.

I think that for the time being a healer enchant would be more appropriate.

Come on guys, enchant up, bring your flasks and food

Got the food, the enchants are no problem but the flasks are a bit problematic. I'm wondering if anyone else was in the same boat as me:

Basically I don't have an herbalist nor an alchemist which means that I have 0 access to the mats and other things required to help make flasks. Normally in WotLK I'd just buy the materials or the flasks. However this time around I'm noticing the flasks are sold for near 200g/ea (I'll have to check again).

That's 200g per hour * 6 = 1.2k gold per week. That is a budget I'm having a real hard time funding. I'd basically have to devote all my playing time simply gathering gold to buy flasks. What acceptable alternatives are there? Are WotLK flasks acceptable?

I do agree that flasks are unrealistically expensive right now... but once we get cauldrons our costs will be cut down dramatically (to the point where each person only needs to supply one flask a night to make enough for one night), so overall its better to get some cataclysm flasks made up from buying herbs, but I won't seriously press the issue until after the patch comes out (I expect it will happen in a week or two) when flasks will be reduced in mat requirements, but I'd like it if you were at least using wrath flasks on the easier stuff, and cataclysm flasks for more challenging content (i.e. if we are seeing 1-5% wipes and people aren't flasked using cata flasks, and other situations). Also periodically look at the AH for the herbs used to make your flask.... if you see stacks for cheap, pick them up. I've found that on weekends herbs tend to be less expensive than the week on the AH... BTW we are at 376/1000 for the cauldron. I'd like it if everyone in the raid could get mats for 50 flasks... that would drive us closer to the cauldron, and its not like they would go to waste. It's probably best if people had atleast 3-4 cataclysm flasks made each week until the patch.

Later on, we will need even less flasks for raiding as we get into more guild perks (to the point where people will only need to bring 3 flasks to make the cauldron for 4 nights or raiding). to Summarize, yes, it is going to be damn expensive in the short term, but in the long term everyone will save once we get the cauldron.

Good job folks! Three bosses down now. Consistent progress!

I can live with 1 new boss a week down, but I'd like to see cleaner kills on the first two... which means more avoiding bad stuff on the ground/kiting slimes when they target you/don't stand in the fire/moving when you get the debuff/run from the sound. But we are getting better at it... WotLK spoiled us a bit much I think in that regard.

Everyone should read up on Chimaeron, as well as clarify themselves on Atramedes.

Oh, there is one thing I just remembered I wanted to say... there was some talk among a few of us on consilidating responsibilites for mats/crafting/etc. How would people think if we made a few of us responsibile for holding mats of a particular type for the raid, i.e. flasks via uglutz, LW via me, ench via zu, etc? also there are some of us that come across food buff mats easier for a particular role than others... I'd like us to share as much as possible. Lets try to pool our resources. let me know what you think guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Going to cancel Tuesday's Raid (Feb 8th) for two reasons... Uglutz can't make it, and it is patch day, and I'm expecting a lot of stuff to be broken/people need to learn new rotations/specs/etc. We will try to turbo through on thursday.

From

Kailand.

P.S. It may be nice for us to get a few heroics to test out stuff if the servers are online.

Edited by Kailand

I hear this week's combo for Halfus is the easiest. I know we're still working on BWD but it might be worth taking a look to see if it's something we could do quickly...

Edit: Nvm, apparently there are 8 trash pulls before the boss. Probably not worth the time.

Edited by Ascoli

Great Job everyone, Atramedes down, and we are getting better on the other fights too. that leaves 2 more, read up on Chimaeron and Nefarian. Also take a look at how many valor points you have and the vendor... the vendor sells 3 pieces of T11, rings, trinkets, necks, cloaks and other stuff.

Great news, cauldron is unlocked now! In the next few days I'll decide on who brings when flasks. We will need 3 cauldrons a night (7 1.5 hour flasks per cauldron, 2 flasks per person over 3 hours, is 20 flasks). a cauldron takes 4 flasks (one of each type - sta, str, agi, int) and some other minor stuff. So thats 12 flasks the raid needs to bring per night... thats 24 for a week. which is roughly 2-3 flasks per person per week. Now we have 3 agi users, 1 str user, 2 sta users, and 1 int user, plus the healers (not sure if they use spi or int, but the cauldron provides spi flasks as far as I can tell for healing specs). so to be fair, I'll be splitting up people to bring not necesarily thier own buff flask so that we have everyone more or less bringing an equal amount of flasks for the raid. A bonus is a flask master can proc extra cauldrons when making them.

I'll get back to you guys soon.

Great news, cauldron is unlocked now! In the next few days I'll decide on who brings when flasks. We will need 3 cauldrons a night (7 1.5 hour flasks per cauldron, 2 flasks per person over 3 hours, is 20 flasks). a cauldron takes 4 flasks (one of each type - sta, str, agi, int) and some other minor stuff. So thats 12 flasks the raid needs to bring per night... thats 24 for a week. which is roughly 2-3 flasks per person per week. Now we have 3 agi users, 1 str user, 2 sta users, and 1 int user, plus the healers (not sure if they use spi or int, but the cauldron provides spi flasks as far as I can tell for healing specs). so to be fair, I'll be splitting up people to bring not necesarily thier own buff flask so that we have everyone more or less bringing an equal amount of flasks for the raid. A bonus is a flask master can proc extra cauldrons when making them.

I'll get back to you guys soon.

What kind of herbs to we need for the various cauldrons? I know what's needed for the agi flask, but not the others. I can start concentrating on the ones we need most for all of 'em.

Just thought I'd post a

since it explains the fight fairly well and includes the tanking strategy we have opted to use.

For those who don't want to watch the vid:

• MT is tanking all the time
  • OT taunts every double attack
  • MT immediately taunts back when the double attack is done

The way I see this: Chimaeron hits like a truck (let's assume ~140k unmitigated), but he hits pretty slowly (attack speed is 4s plus an extra 0.8s from the 20% attack speed reduction of Judgements of the Just). The OT needs to be topped off so after the first of the double attacks he still has more than 10k health. Everyone else (including the MT) in the raid just needs to be above 10k health (everyone should have > 100k health, so ~10% seems like a good number to aim for). We also need to make sure everyone is spread out (at least 6 yds) to avoid having caustic slime hit more than one person (the tanks can stay together since they don't get targeted by the slime).

And well, there's the rest of the fight, stack (close enough that melee can hit, but far enough that hunters can also hit) when bile-o-tron is offline, last phase, etc.

If we do exactly this we should (hopefully) have no issues with low mana for healers or unexpected tank deaths.