Kailand's 10 Man

Kailand

Sounds great Draegloth. Since we are missing kadiana on tuesday, and its difficult finding replacement healers, what I think we will do, is cancel tuesday, take care of the next step of Draegloth's staff quest on Thursday and take care of our farm content. Plus it allows me an extra day for long weekend R&R :). Starting the following week we will start a new ID and push Rag's. I'll leave it up to everybody else if we want to start holding ID's or if we want to get a few more people with thier tier bonus's first. If we want to start holding ID's, it would be reasonable to try the first couple of bosses on heroic, if not then doing heroics would slow down our clear.

Edited by Kailand

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how much this will affect Drae's progress, but...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2437-Legendary-Staff-Smoldering-Essence-Droprate-Stealth-Nerf-Confirmed?page=3#comments

Legendary Staff - Smoldering Essence Droprate Stealth Nerf Confirmed

One of the many stealth nerf deployed yesterday on live realms was a nerf of the questline to obtain Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest, but not in a good way.

The Smoldering Essences required for the Heart of the Flame quest has been considerably lowered, you will now get about 50% less essences than before the nerf.

For example, you will now get 9 or 10 essences from bosses in 25-Man Heroic mode instead of 17-19.

Players in 10-Man Heroic mode will only get 3 or 4 instead of an average of 7.

This change is surprising and might not be a good news for players, if Blizzard suddenly wants some parts of the game to last longer before the next patch.

Just like any of yesterday's nerf to the firelands raid bosses, we don't have any comment or information from Blizzard at this point and the only comment is from a Blizzard QA poster who confirmed that this is indeed an intentional change.

Blizz response: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123245166?page=4#63

I don't know if Holy mentioned this yet but I won't be online tonight because my account is locked andI need to pay it but i'm broke so it won't be paid until tomorrow. Survive without me! :smurf:

Edited by Orcala

With the final showdown against Deathwing approaching, we’ve been keeping a close eye on players' progress through the current Firelands raid content. Before patch 4.3 is released, we want groups who are working on Heroic-difficulty content to be able to get as close to Ragnaros as possible, and we want players who are tackling normal progression to be able to experience as many of the encounters as they can. To achieve these goals, we’ll be toning down the difficulty of both normal and Heroic raids through hotfixes in the coming weeks. In general, we plan to reduce health and damage of all raid bosses in both normal and Heroic Firelands by around the same percentage we brought difficulty down for the original Cataclysm raids when Rage of the Firelands (patch 4.2) was released.

We're looking forward to seeing more groups of players face off against the Fire Lord in the weeks ahead. However, before we make these changes, we want to give everyone a final shot at the bosses at their current difficulty level -- so this is a heads up that we’re planning to apply the difficulty hotfixes beginning the week of September 19.

Stay tuned to the Patch 4.2 Hotfixes blog for these and other live updates to the game as they happen.

This is a nice change (coming next week!), but I can't help but feel it's a little too soon (no pun intended). Don't they usually save this crap for AFTER the latest content patch? I guess they want people to kill Deathchin sooner with all the juicy FL stuff.

Ok, for Ragnaros, Icy veins has a good description. Draegloth... you have an important role -> you get to blow up traps, so read up on how to do that. It looks to be pretty much a long fight with lots of stuff to avoid/adds to kill.

http://www.icy-veins.com/ragnaros-detailed-strategy

And now, the hotfixes!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3019413

Dungeons & Raids

Firelands

• Hell Hound Rend Flesh damage has been reduced by 25%.
  • The damage multiplier granted by energy to Unstable Magma has been reduced by 50%.
  • Alysrazor
    • Health and damage have been reduced by 25% on normal difficulty. Health and damage have been reduced by 15% on Heroic difficulty.
    • Alysrazor now drops 1 additional feather in 10-player mode and 2 additional feathers in 25-player mode in all cycles.
    • The Wings of Flame buff duration on Alysrazor is now uniformly 30 seconds.
    • Alysrazor’s Fiery Tornados now move slower.

[*]Baleroc

• Health and damage have been reduced by 25% on normal difficulty. Health and damage have been reduced by 15% on Heroic difficulty.
    • Baleroc now swings 25% slower while Decimation Blade is active.
    • The duration of Tormented has been reduced on normal difficulty.

[*]Beth'tilac

• Beth'tilac's health and damage have been reduced by 15% on both normal and Heroic difficulty.

[*]Lord Rhyolith

• Health and damage have been reduced by 15% on both normal and Heroic difficulty.
    • The health and damage of additional enemies in this encounter have been reduced by 15% on both normal and Heroic difficulty.

[*]Majordomo Fandral Staghelm

• Health and damage have been reduced by 25% on normal difficulty. Health and damage has been reduced by 15% on Heroic difficulty.
    • Druid of the Flame have had their health reduced by 15%, and Sunfire damage reduced by 25% on both difficulties.
    • The health and melee damage of Spirit of the Flame have been reduced by 25% on normal difficulty, and reduced by 15% on Heroic difficulty.

[*]Ragnaros

• Ragnaros' health and damage have been reduced by 25% on normal difficulty.
    • Ragnaros' damage has been reduced by 15% on Heroic difficulty.
    • Magma Trap damage has been reduced on all difficulties.
    • The health and damage of additional enemies in this encounter have been reduced by 25% on normal difficulty and 15% on Heroic difficulty.
    • Wrath of Ragnaros now knocks targets up, but not back, on normal difficulty.

[*]Shannox

• Health and damage have been reduced by 15% on both normal and Heroic difficulty.
    • Riplimb's health has been reduced by 15%.
    • Rageface's health has been reduced by 15%.
    • Magma Flare damage and Hurl Spear damage have been reduced by 15% on both difficulties.

Holy smokes.

I'll bring the 110% tonight and my black kingsnake. :rip:

Well, the Black kingsnake brought 200%, so I guess overall you did bring 110%. -> get a mod that flashes the screen or something when you are near a shannox trap (boss mods should do that, as long as your paying attention)

Hey folks. I'm out this Tuesday traveling. In fact, I'll be meeting Kalea and Maube for dinner. I'll be back home on Thur. Good luck and make Kadi pull her weight.

Since finding a healer to work on heroic Shannox isn't easy I was thinking we could just pick up a dps to kill the other bosses (BH, Beth, Ryo, Alys, Baleroc) and leave heroic Shannox, Majordomo and Rags for Thursday. We'd probably have two short evenings, but better than skipping the heroic Shannox practice? Either that or we forget the heroic and just squeeze everything in on Thursday...

Hey folks. I'm out this Tuesday traveling. In fact, I'll be meeting Kalea and Maube for dinner. I'll be back home on Thur. Good luck and make Kadi pull her weight.

Since finding a healer to work on heroic Shannox isn't easy I was thinking we could just pick up a dps to kill the other bosses (BH, Beth, Ryo, Alys, Baleroc) and leave heroic Shannox, Majordomo and Rags for Thursday. We'd probably have two short evenings, but better than skipping the heroic Shannox practice? Either that or we forget the heroic and just squeeze everything in on Thursday...

Sounds like a plan... I already have Margarie grabbed for DPS. Zu, make sure you have your quest stuff done so we can get your first level of staff.

I thought they lived near boston or something? Tell them the litter box is full!

• 2 weeks later...

*sigh*

I hate to be a stick-in-the-mud, but I'll be late tonight. Rahgesh and I have to meet our wedding officiant. I don't expect it to take too long and hopefully I'll be back by the time you're done clearing Shannox trash (20 to 30min?).

Sorry!

*sigh*

I hate to be a stick-in-the-mud, but I'll be late tonight. Rahgesh and I have to meet our wedding officiant. I don't expect it to take too long and hopefully I'll be back by the time you're done clearing Shannox trash (20 to 30min?).

Sorry!

You trying on pink dresses?

*sigh*

Sorry!

You trying on pink dresses?

Nah, my thighs are way too fat to fit in a dress, I'm just getting a rainbow colored poncho!

• 3 weeks later...