Future raids

Perthes

Ive noticed that we are slowly working our way up on the leveling ladder. I think we have what 8 level 80's by now.

What 10 / 25 mans are we gonna start out with and progress to?

Also how many groups are we gonna run with.. Meaning.. before the expansion there was talks of Baracko's group being one group, Shelah and Holy's group being another and not sure if Gordantell was gonna continue on a 3rd group.

I do see that yeah being level 80 should be something that most people are working towards as a goal so then start some raiding but others are also exploring and taking the slow path so I just wanted to see if there was any confirmation on what is planned from each raid leader and what time each wanted to try and start their raids.

Ive noticed that we are slowly working our way up on the leveling ladder. I think we have what 8 level 80's by now.

Also how many groups are we gonna run with.. Meaning.. before the expansion there was talks of Baracko's group being one group, Shelah and Holy's group being another and not sure if Gordantell was gonna continue on a 3rd group.

I do see that yeah being level 80 should be something that most people are working towards as a goal so then start some raiding but others are also exploring and taking the slow path so I just wanted to see if there was any confirmation on what is planned from each raid leader and what time each wanted to try and start their raids.

Most likely people will start out with the 10-mans (I've only done the fat guy in Wintergrasp so far, and he's a loot pinata once you know what to do), but running a few Heroics can be very beneficial towards getting the teamwork gears grinding, testing class limits, and helping to complete old BC gear gaps (WTB Frozen Orbs, dammit). A good chunk of the guild (and it's Amazing Friends) is still climbing the leveling ladder as well, so I think we need more time so that specific roles don't get faced with dungeon burnout or become overly swamped with cries for help.

I'd still like to do my own little 10-mans alongside Shelah after the successes we had in Kara/ZA, but I'm not ready to openly suggest stuff till people catch up. Until then, enjoy the Northrend snow while it's still fresh I say :hello:

For me I'm still working on getting to 80. I've been alt hoping a bit too to avoid pushing to fast. I'll want to wait be waiting for most of the guild to reach 80, helping out where I can before even thinking about raiding. I agree with Holyssa that heroics will be the place to be for awhile.

-Gordantell

Due to the oncoming birth of the second spawn of Katak... I will NOT be raid leading - until further down the road and it will prolly be like that last one- for alts and new folks mainly :) I will raid when and where I can but if the baby is ANYTHING like Gabe - it'll be at least 10months before I have the time and energy :)

Dont burn yourselvesout - remember the folks who are already raiding hardcore are the ones who complain in 2 months about nothing to do or the raiding grind.

Assuming that RL doesnt grab me away, I will again be leading my raid. A significant portion of the original raiders will be returning to the group, leaving very few openings.

Information about my raid can be found here: Raid Link

I will still be operating with "best person for the job" mentality, so if we end up with openings you hear about and would like to seriously be considered, you can be ready by doing everything in your power to optimize your character: know the best rotations, do your best to assemble the best gear outside of raid you can, and have consumables on hand to be used.

As your elder of raids, I would suggest that this is a GREAT time for someone who may have thought about leading something but wasn't sure to step up and take charge. We have a ton of Crushers not in my raid who would like to! Step up and make it happen!

Furthermore, CS has no qualms about people raiding with other groups... so if you find a group of people you like, there will be NO PRESSURE to raid with us.

We are first and foremost a family... all this other stuff is secondary.

Ill see you all next week.

- Baracko

New expansion, new considerations. There is no restriction or grand plan about who can lead raids to places or how progression will go....that's always left to the industrious/masochistic souls that choose to lead the raids in question. If you want to lead one, go for it...if not, don't expect anyone to be presenting a raid menu any time soon :) Some of the past raid leaders have decided to step back from raid leadership while I'm sure others would like to start one for the first time (as was the case in Burning Crusade)...it's the natural order of things when raids aren't guild-exclusive or restricted to just officers for leadership. If you want to raid but don't want to lead one, keep your eyes and ears open and I'm sure an opportunity will present itself in time.

To address one point in the post, though, from a personal standpoint...not everyone is all that "raid focused" and while they may participate in raids, other things are more than just distractions along the way to them. I'm a good example of that with Verissi's leveling to 80. I could've finished that off days ago, but have other goals that I'm working on first with her that are more important to me than being at 80 is. It's only really the "slow path" if 80 and raiding is the ultimate goal...which it just isn't for me on most of my personal army.

This game is a treadmill, as all MMOs are, but I agree with Maube...folks really should stop to smell the roses a bit and enjoy the new stuff along the way. At the pace I'm seeing from some folks, I expect to see "bored, taking a break" posts in the next two months from quite a few.

My Retribution Paladin has reached 80 and Im working on getting him geared properly for raiding. Should you guys need to call on me, he is ready. Takaas is slowly climbing in levels as I have primarily worked on Darrtanus since the expansion.

I do see that yeah being level 80 should be something that most people are working towards

We can get to 80 now!?!!? Must...drag...myself...outtaa....BG... :):) I figger I can make it there by the next expansion :devil:

I do see that yeah being level 80 should be something that most people are working towards

We can get to 80 now!?!!? Must...drag...myself...outtaa....BG... :):) I figger I can make it there by the next expansion :devil:

Ooops, *puts down mining pick and begins to ponder the idear of grinding again*

Ooops, *puts down mining pick and begins to ponder the idear of grinding again*

*tries to pull self away from Prot Pally alt* Must work on main.....