Outside Props

Zurg

So I log on real quick this morning to take care of some AH business before the maintenance starts and I see a discussion in /trade. This gentleman from the guild "The Tainted" was giving props to Clan Skullcrusher, stating to whomever he was speaking to, words to the effect of "you have a long way to go to catch Skullcrusher. Those guys are pros". I believe he was talking about raiding and such. I thanked him publicly for the kind words and he sent me a /tell stating "NP, I'm *insert forgotten name here* from the Tainted. We have you in numbers but NO WAY near you in organization."

Now I have to say I actually felt a sense of pride in my dark, stone like, heart! Members of Clan Skullcrusher should be very proud of the stellar reputation the guild enjoys on this server, especially those members that organize and run these raids, Holyssa and company (forgive me I'm still learning everyone's names!). Though it's been a short time, Mali and I are enjoying ourselves immensely and feel we made the right call in joining the Skullcrushers. :thumbsup:

So I log on real quick this morning to take care of some AH business before the maintenance starts and I see a discussion in /trade. This gentleman from the guild "The Tainted" was giving props to Clan Skullcrusher, stating to whomever he was speaking to, words to the effect of "you have a long way to go to catch Skullcrusher. Those guys are pros". I believe he was talking about raiding and such. I thanked him publicly for the kind words and he sent me a /tell stating "NP, I'm *insert forgotten name here* from the Tainted. We have you in numbers but NO WAY near you in organization."

Now I have to say I actually felt a sense of pride in my dark, stone like, heart! Members of Clan Skullcrusher should be very proud of the stellar reputation the guild enjoys on this server, especially those members that organize and run these raids, Holyssa and company (forgive me I'm still learning everyone's names!). Though it's been a short time, Mali and I are enjoying ourselves immensely and feel we made the right call in joining the Skullcrushers. :dancing_smile:

I can relate to how you feel. Before I was in CS, I was in a well-known guild that is a conglomeration of two types of players: raiders and friends/family. I used to raid with them before TBC came out, and at the time of the expansion, I rerolled and fell out of the 'raider' category. I had many friends there, and they are good people, so I stuck with them doing 5-mans and learning to play my class better until opportunity knocked.

It did knock, and not from where I thought it would. I became involved with a Kara raid made mostly of CS members, and I loved the experience. Even when not in their guild, they made me feel like a welcome part of their little group. Over time, I felt more 'separated' from my old guild, and finally switched my tag. Though this guild, like any other, has its ups and downs, never once have I regretted my choice to come on over.

I would go on, but I can already see Waldy and Kailand's eyes rolling. They think I talk too much or something. ;)

Welcome to the family. I hope you continue to enjoy your stay with us.

Now I have to say I actually felt a sense of pride in my dark, stone like, heart! Members of Clan Skullcrusher should be very proud of the stellar reputation the guild enjoys on this server, especially those members that organize and run these raids, Holyssa and company (forgive me I'm still learning everyone's names!). Though it's been a short time, Mali and I are enjoying ourselves immensely and feel we made the right call in joining the Skullcrushers. :dancing_smile:

I can relate to how you feel. Before I was in CS, I was in a well-known guild that is a conglomeration of two types of players: raiders and friends/family. I used to raid with them before TBC came out, and at the time of the expansion, I rerolled and fell out of the 'raider' category. I had many friends there, and they are good people, so I stuck with them doing 5-mans and learning to play my class better until opportunity knocked.

It did knock, and not from where I thought it would. I became involved with a Kara raid made mostly of CS members, and I loved the experience. Even when not in their guild, they made me feel like a welcome part of their little group. Over time, I felt more 'separated' from my old guild, and finally switched my tag. Though this guild, like any other, has its ups and downs, never once have I regretted my choice to come on over.

I would go on, but I can already see Waldy and Kailand's eyes rolling. They think I talk too much or something. ;)

Welcome to the family. I hope you continue to enjoy your stay with us.

no.... its just when you talk you have a habit of making 'friends' and meeting up with friendly patches of fire/volcanoes.

It is nice to hear that others hold us to such high esteem though.

*stuff deleted*

:dancing_smile: Hehehe

Compliments like that are always good to hear, especially as an elder and even moreso from outside sources. Perception of the guild and our Clanmates (both within and from outside) is something that we all take very seriously in the leadership circle and it's great to know that our reputation continues to be positive and that we make an "impact" per se on Argent Dawn.

I quoted part Kadi's story because it's actually how many of us came to the guild initially. Folks like Baracko and even myself weren't always Crushers (I was unguilded, Bar was in another guild), but grew to feel at home with some of the fantastic people that we have here...so much so that it felt almost inevitable to join. Between the dedication to each other and seemingly unending generosity, it was just so easy to feel at home. I've met many people within Clan Skullcrusher that I consider to be good friends even out of the game (even if I never leave the house to visit them :p). People like Maube, Uglutz, Katak, Bar, Scryll, Raeda...hell, there's too many to list...we've just been through and seen so much together that it wouldn't feel right if I didn't get to chat with them somehow. From our early days dominating PvP as a team to raiding with them now...as I've said many times, games come and go, but memories last much longer, and I've made plenty of those here with this crew so far ;) I seem to continue to make new friends as we've grown and I'm very proud to be where I'm at. You are all a great group of people and I'm quite happy to be where I am :)

I'm glad that you and Mali are enjoying being a member of our "little" family and as I've told Mali, we're certainly enjoying having you both around as well. You both add bunches of flair and humour to our ranks and our chat channels, which I enjoy seeing quite a bit.

Going forward into Northrend, I'm looking forward to Clan Skullcrusher continuing to build on the reputation that we've all worked very hard to earn...and having lots of fun together along the way :)

Screw you all!

No seriously - this is the only hordeside guild I have ever belonged to - and well - when I joined there were VERY few people - and any attempt at doing anything organized just didnt happen. Once I switched to horde full time - I really got engrossed in the guild and wanted to see it prosper. And then after I got Kat to switch to horde... and we started PvPing... we started making some very close friends - even to the point that one just keeps coming to visit us >.> Wish everyone of them could visit tho =) Many of your elders now are folks that were met along our growing journey - from Waldy and Scryll at level 9 - to folks who joined later when they saw the comraderie between us.

Trying to make people feel welcome is one of the perks of being with a group of (mostly) mature people who just want to enjoy their gaming experience =)

Yeah we have had our ups and downs - but honestly - how many families do you know that NEVER fight or have disagreements?

Even the big raiding guilds know the Crushers for the outstanding people we are - not only for our mad skillz (::snortgiggle::dancing_smile: but because we are mature and fair. Crushers who like to cause drama dont usually remain as such ;)

Honestly - I wasnt going to buy the expac or renew my subscription... not because I dont love the game - but because money is tight and with a second baby on the way... yeah - but so many Crushers are close friends to me now - that I will work it out on a month by month basis (will probably have to take a couple months up after the baby is born) to hopefully keep intereacting with so many friends.

Yeah I am a rambling now... but honestly... I am 6 months pregnant I am allowed to ramble... and as one of the ex-leaders of this guild... BEWARE THE HAMFIST! =D

Wish everyone of them could visit tho =) Many of your elders now are folks that were met along our growing journey - from Waldy and Scryll at level 9 - to folks who joined later when they saw the comraderie between us.

Hey, you only met the bald one at 9. You met my shining top at 40, and by now everyone's heard and is tired of my Arixah sap story :dancing_smile: Is anyone other old timer boggled that she is widely considered one of the two two or three rogues on our server these days?

Wish everyone of them could visit tho =) Many of your elders now are folks that were met along our growing journey - from Waldy and Scryll at level 9 - to folks who joined later when they saw the comraderie between us.

Hey, you only met the bald one at 9. You met my shining top at 40, and by now everyone's heard and is tired of my Arixah sap story :dancing_smile: Is anyone other old timer boggled that she is widely considered one of the two two or three rogues on our server these days?

Who's Arixah?

I remember joining CS just a few weeks after our initial SSC/TK runs on Tuesday nights. I was a little nervous, since making new friends was never my best trait even in reality, and I didn't expect a sloppily geared tankadin like myself to really go places without being yanked by the hair and being told how to play my character. The freedom I experienced here and the laughs to be had with many new faces were a breath of fresh air, and I even got to share my knowledge with people that refused to give up on their play style (like Ascoli & Kier's little tankadin). Plus it helped me conquer a bit of real-life shyness to be honest :dancing_smile:

I'm glad the guild still gets a lot of props, and I had a blast leading people on retro runs to tackle achievements. Hell, I'd still like to lead some at L80 when people are feeling nostalgic (LFM Phoenix farming run PST), but for now I'm gonna enjoy bowling over rows of Vrykul & Scourge while making funny shapes in the Northrend snow >_>

I have known Clan Skullcrusher since the early days when the Argent Covenant alliance/channel was a strong, interactive group. They always had a good reputation and their people were fun to be around.

When I met with Baracko to discuss a possible place in the raid he and Calandor were forming, he found me without a guild tag. I had a long talk with him, and the former leader, Volonaza, who was an old role playing companion, and decided to join.

I was warmly welcomed by this group and, as I have had the opportunity to get to know people, find it to be the best decision I've made in Azeroth. Members of the guild have made me laugh until I cry. Because they're mature people, regardless of their ages, they are very accepting of all kinds of different interests, play styles, and personalities. You'll find them to be a very generous, warm group.

Welcome to the Crushers, Mali and Zurg. I'm sure they'll come to mean as much to you as they do to me.