What Class?

Coldren

Greetings, all.

I'm thinking of coming back to WoW for a bit, and was wondering, if I do come back, what class does the guild need the most? I played Alliance on Shadowmoon and had a level 70 Paladin, and several alts not quite so high, so I have a fair-to-decent understanding of most classes.

Is there any class we're in dire need of?

Well, fun has more to do with the guild, not the class anyway. :D

I stopped playing before because the guild I was in was fairly inactive and aloof. I tried rolling other alts, but it all seemed pointless if it'd always be solo or grouped with the wifey like I was with my Paladin. I had fun with every class I played, but couldn't buckle down on another. I tried'em all, but I'm just too indecisive. :p

Hmm.. A drunken rogue, you say? Wouldn't be much of a stretch. :D

Haha! I'll be sure to make a boy whatever because.. Well.. I AM a boy. :D

I'd love to play a support class like Holy Paladin or Priest (of some spec), but those are terribly slow to level unless you have a gaurnteed partner.

Is the guild active/large enough that this won't be a problem? Any volunteers to start a DPS alt? :D

I've got alts of many flavors scattered around the lower levels. I'm sure many of the others do as well.

Not to mention the small personal armies of Verissi and the *iris sisters.

With my pally i leveled as protection, basically because finding a tank now a days is a pain in the butt. As for priests, shadow is the way to go...they do some major damage and you can also heal in a group if needed. As for help along the way, the only low level one I have is a 20-something hunter which I play off and on, don't know how much help that will be though. As for help from the guild on leveling, at 30-something on my pally I gave up and joined an alts guild until I was old enough to join the big guys at the upper 60's. Things might be a bit different now though since TBC isn't as new. Good luck to you. :D

Priests start slow and ramp up in speed above 20-25 to the point where I had less downtime on my priest than I did on my mage between 20-50 (where AoE starts getting good and priest shadow damage starts levelling out). Paladins are tricky, though. I levelled my initial paladin ages ago before the past two class reviews and it was by far the slowest class to level back then. These days, it seems that a good ret build early on (later replaced by a holy build, tastes depending) is pretty efficient and comparable to most of the other classes in speed. Personally, my paladin is and always will be holy...I'm just most familiar with that and not comfortable as ret or protection...and it's somewhat slow at lower levels, but definitely viable for solo play on the track to 70.

• 2 weeks later...

Druid FTW, speciallynow with the amount of gear available at top levels, I have an alt of almsot every class( granted my highest is lock) And I always come back to my druid. :D