Why Dont Horde Have....

Demoan

question of the hour on my mine =/ the game is starting to get soooo boreing and repetitive to me.

rarely get groups.

soloing is horrible as Prot.

PvP is horrible as Prot.

cant respoec to dps now then my rare chances at instances becoems almost 0% and surely will never raid.

and dont want to go back to alliance b/c rogue bores me =/

what is a little warrior on the line to do? im willing to try anything, anything at all to respark.

i appreciate all comments that might be posted.

and for the record, taknig time off doesnt work, did it once, if anything, it made me go further from the game.

Well for me its all about the roleplaying. Roleplaying is what makes WoW worth playing. Warcraft is a social game and the more social you are the more fun it tends to be. If WoW was a single player game i doubt anyone would play it. I never worry about the grind towards lvling or about raiding the next new dungon. any chance I get i will stop and rp and always have a blast doing it. You just need to find your nitch, figure out what makes the game fun for you.

BULA

Ogre Warlord

Unfortunately, there are many classes that are plentiful compared to others. The last data that I looked at still showed that warlock and druid tend to be the least played classes (believe it or not), with warriors, hunters, mages, and rogues duking it out for the most played (notice that no healing classes are in that short list). To make matters worse for the heavily-played classes, BC's smaller group sizes have enabled more "group of 5 friends" instance runs, leaving a smaller demand for damage and tanking classes (since friends tend to pick classes that support each other somehow). In short, there just isn't the PuG demand that there used to be for a protection warrior, mostly because people are finding it easier to coax their friends into going than they used to be able to when some didn't want to run Scholo for the nine hundredth time.

Trust me, I think many people are in this boat. On my priest, I get at least 20-40 whispers per day for PuGs looking for a healer, but Kelani (hunter) doesn't get one single whisper. I really dislike PuGs, so I never take them up on the offers, but I've found that the classes that are least played are the ones who get the most offers.

As for what you can do in the absence of invites, there are several options for a protection warrior. As Bula brought up, RP is a great "time sink" when you're in between planned activities. Make a campfire near a town and have a seat...you'd be amazed at how many people will stop and chat in-character, telling their stories or just joking around. Another option is to start your own groups for instances. You'll likely find the same people seeking groups regularly...add those folks to your friends list and build it up so that you have people that you're confident in and that don't have many other options for groups. Several players on AD have done this and it's worked out great (Anixus is a great example...he'd go anywhere, anytime and didn't mind putting something together if nobody else wanted to...and it's worked out well for him). Also, don't limit yourself as to what you want to go to...help tank places like Hellfire Ramparts for those new to Outland and other low-60s instances to build the list of people as they grow in levels. It'll pay off as they reach 70 and think of you first :innocent:

One last thing...don't discount a non-protection warrior's ability to raid. Several RL friends of mine are fury and raid regularly, even post-BC. Sure, there are drawbacks (lack of aggro dump/reduction for one), but there are ways to work with that.

:Puts a checkmark beside Demoans name: ok, I will make sure to call on you when I need a tank. There are a few people I do heroic tempest keep with thursday nights, and we usually have problems finding a tank then. In the mean while do as Waldonnis suggested: if you get your name out as a good tank, then people will call on you more often. The sad reality is that in the BC that class balance and spec have become more important, especially in the higher level instances/heroics. I know that I'm lucky in that the spec I love playing has great utility and usually get 1 or 2 requests for an instance run a night, and I don't mind pugging it myself, as generally anybody who's keyed for the higher level instances/heroics are good players to begin with.

Crikrunner's purty much in same boat Demoan, except my 5 man spec is also a great pvp spec, I just can't farm. I say spec how you want and enjoy playing, if thats not conducive to all areas of the game, then play an alt to fill those void (as will be the case with most classes). ie I have a 65 rogue n mage for soloing or when i feel like seeing big dmg number spamed across the screen or watching mobs die in under 5mins each :laugh:. Yes there are days I miss being able to farm with crik I miss the old days of enhance/elemental but over all I have more fun this way, and head to my alts when I need a break from watching health bars

/unlurk Once I get a tank I can usually fill the group pretty quickly. I'll hit you up sometime. /lurk

(Be forewarned we don't usually do things the usual way, for example, we pull packs from the ogre room in SL regular and aoe them. Or aoe most of regular SH...)

P.S. Are you revered anywhere in bc factions?

/unlurk Once I get a tank I can usually fill the group pretty quickly. I'll hit you up sometime. /lurk

(Be forewarned we don't usually do things the usual way, for example, we pull packs from the ogre room in SL regular and aoe them. Or aoe most of regular SH...)

im revered in every BC faction except for Thrallmar, Shattered halls seems to be the less popular place for people to wanna group at.

and thank s everyone for inputs.

demoan i am always looking for a tank...having gone from tanky pally to healy most of the people in my friends list are priests which doesn't do me much good these days. i always ask in guild as i try my best to group with guildies or those that i have grouped with before since i try to avoid pugs as much as possible. and since i get the most enjoyment out of instances (and the occasional quest) i am almost always looking for a group. as for heroic...i am still far from most of them and currently only have my caverns of time and resevoir (sp?) keys as of yet. good luck! :laugh:

p.s. sorry for the long windedness...a little out of it today >.<

demoan i am always looking for a tank...having gone from tanky pally to healy most of the people in my friends list are priests which doesn't do me much good these days. i always ask in guild as i try my best to group with guildies or those that i have grouped with before since i try to avoid pugs as much as possible. and since i get the most enjoyment out of instances (and the occasional quest) i am almost always looking for a group. as for heroic...i am still far from most of them and currently only have my caverns of time and resevoir (sp?) keys as of yet. good luck! :laugh:

p.s. sorry for the long windedness...a little out of it today >.<

always up for grouping with you, i had fun in Old Hilsbrad with you the other day, your a excellent paladin :p

and for the quick responses i have going on here....i DO have a life, im just at school with nothing to do but troll our fourms :D

*waves to Benea*

I'm glad to see so many have spoken up! I hope the posts in this thread help keep you away from the Alliance side of the fence :p

Seriously, though, if I'm available (read: not seriously farming or on a lower-level alt), I'm usually up for going anywhere...I just prefer not to form/lead groups these days and try to avoid doing too many instances in one session. I often hesitate to reply to guildchat party requests so that I don't take up a spot with an alt that someone else's main could use, but if you find yourself looking for one more and not getting any other responces, just shoot me a whisper and check :laugh:

hehe not judging you Demoan on the quick responses, hell, most of us enjoy an active forum :D

I have been getting alot of tank requests lately actualy, even tho im a druid, people who i have never run with know i can tank and ask me :laugh:

the main reasons are via word of mouth and i try to have fun, and while i tend to be forgetful (i.e. .. repairs, reagents ;) ) , i do try to be on top of things and play smart ;)

As tank, I find it often my job to lead the group with pulls and such. Play it safe, and they will love you, when you do pug, 90% of all screw ups can be avoided if one person steps up and makes it clear what to do when. If you make it a practice to use the lucky charms, and pull groups you are going to kill far back, eg, the previous room, you'll hardly ever wipe, and peeps have a good time and if you are the one coordinating, you'll get all the credit and theyll add you to their list.

I know you used to be a dps warrior, probably for a long time, so be a little patient at first, be willing to ask all over the place for groups, and eventualy people will know and think to ask for you to tank :p

im revered in every BC faction except for Thrallmar, Shattered halls seems to be the less popular place for people to wanna group at.

and thank s everyone for inputs.

I'm in the same boat, actually. I want to start running heroics like nobody's business now ;)

I'm in the same boat, actually. I want to start running heroics like nobody's business now ;)

Well, I'm up for Cenarion and CoT so far. I'm particularly interested in Heroic Old Hilsbrad.