MC last night!

Maube

That was a great run guys, minus our little hiccup on domo...

5%...

Rags is SO ours next week.

Some words of advice... Get any consumable you can get that will help - food, Blasted Lands Buffs - Flasks, Potions

Do whatever you can do to give us that 5% edge =)

FR gear is currently on hold - Getting another Nightfall crafted =)

Thank you everyone for giving it your Best =) he will be ours! Geddon was more of a road block!

<3 you all =)

Suggestion# 43444

5%....thats all!

Why not put the warlocks in a group together with a druid! Or a shaman! Have the warlocks get a dedicated healer to allow them to lifetap away. Constant dps throughout the whole fight.

Halacious Harne was runnning back and froth keeping regrowths on us, and that seemed to help tremendously.

Actually, I think that with the healing we had last night, Marrania could have been in Shadowform and Mindflaying the whole time.

Now if one of our mages didn't die right away, we could have easily had that 5%...

:barf:

Was really good run last night though... a few crossed wires on Domo which I take the blame for partially, I messed up on some of the healing assignments, but otherwise all went well.

The FR buff helped a lot. I did not get sent flying once and with my FR potions I think I only took a few hundred damage outside of the Sons.

With 220 FR I still went flying ::muttermutter:: He punted me three times, the last one was right into his reach and Smoosh I went.

Look into those blasted lands buffs guys!

Maube - It's not so much that your FR was lacking, it was probably the FR of the person next to you. I have absolutely no clue why, but between Grimgor and Relikk and my 260 FR, I STILL went flying too. Not gonna say much, but if you, me, Rhoach and Scryll were alive, Rags would be dead. I guarantee that.

Folks - get your goddamned FR up. Ranged = 150 +/- WITHOUT sacrificing stats. Melee = 250 - 260 WITHOUT sacrificing stats. Anymore than that and you are gimping our raid, our attempt on Ragnaros.

Sab, there was no one within trade distance of myself. and the nearest person to me out of trade distance was Verissi who had over 150 FR =p

Albeit I wont use Jeros words...

I am seriously limiting who comes on Fridays now based on Fire Resist.

We werent full last night and there were lots of folks on the Q. you NEED to have the base FR in the Policies to not be risking killing your neighbor. So upgrade your FR in the signup sheet. That will be the basis on who gets bumped into the raid on Fridays.

We had 2 weeks to get your FR up to par and many of you did it, some did not. DO NOT WAIT FOR THE RAID TO GEAR YOU IN FIRE RESIST,

Now if one of our mages didn't die right away, we could have easily had that 5%...

And one of the rogues *looks around, embarrased* Never laid a single point on him. And I hadn't switched my gear around after the buff, so I had 320 FR when he punted me. And Jero, I was also out of trade distance. I'd just forgotten that the corner I chose was always in range of him.

Edited by Scryll

Sorry about the phraseology, Maube, but I was a little pissy when I posted it. If I had known I was going to be standing close enough to someone who was slacking in his responsibilty for FR, I would have gone all out in FR and been closer to 350. There is no need, though, for anyone to go more than +10 over the recommended 150 / 250 FR based on placement. If you need help figuring out what you need to have for unbuffed stats to hit the required, please use the following as a guideline.

To calculate your BUFFED Fire Resistance, use the following numbers:

GoTW: 20 (right? My totem throws this, so I never use it.)

Fire Resistance Totem: 71 (If you are in a group that gets a shaman or are a shaman)

BRS Spellbinder Buff: 81

Casters and Ranged: You need a MINIMUM of 50 FR unbuffed. That isn't too hard, is it? Tidal Loop, Eldre'Thalas Trinket, Onyxia Key should about cover that. Then you can start adding in smaller amounts of FR that do not compromise your other base stats that make you lethal.

Melee People (Out on the spit, non-MTs): You need a minimum of 100 FR if you are grouped with a Shaman, 150 without.

For an example, Sabrianica wears the following when she fought Ragnaros - and didnt get punted or get anyone else punted. This could be a guide for anyone who wears leather:

Volcanic Chest with +3 All Stats = 20 FR

Volcanic Leggings = 20 FR

Onyxia Key Necklace = 15 FR

Bloodmoon Cloak with +7 FR = 7FR

Hyperradiant Flame Reflectors x 2 = 36 FR

Unbuffed FR: 98

Add in LBRS Spellbinder Buff (+81 FR)

Add in Shaman Fire Resist Totem (+71 FR)

Buffed FR: 250

Not an engineer? Substitute the Hyperradiant Flame Reflectors for two +18 FR Rings that can be bought off the AH. Get the Volcanic pieces crafted on your own. What pieces of Nightslayer have +FR? Convert 2 pieces of Shadowcraft (or any Tier 0 armor for that matter) to Darkmantle (Tier 0.5) and get +8 FR. Do you want a piece of craftable FR made? Then get the materials together and find out who can make it! Take some initiative and get-er-dun!

Here's the thing with Sabrianica, she's been to exactly 2 full MC runs, and in MC three times total. Everything she has is gained outside the core. I have the Volcanic pieces thanks to a donation from the guild, but I would have gladly paid for them myself - I was gathering materials for them at the time.

Finally, Maube DESERVES to see the raid she has led down Ragnaros as much as you who have been there since day 1 deserve to kill him. Just take the final step you need to take in order to get there! Go team go! You can do eet!

Suggestion# 43444

5%....thats all!

Why not put the warlocks in a group together with a druid! Or a shaman! Have the warlocks get a dedicated healer to allow them to lifetap away. Constant dps throughout the whole fight.

Halacious Harne was runnning back and froth keeping regrowths on us, and that seemed to help tremendously.

Warlocks: With the exception of the MT/OT, why not have your Voidwalker out to Sacrifice for when you Lifetap that low until you have a chance to heal yourself? Why burn all of your mana so that you have to burn all of your health to get it back? Lifetap has no cooldown, so start tapping at 50% so that you have 50% health left. Maube says it all the time: If you are not the Main Tank or Off-tank, do not expect a heal.

Want a self-healing rhythm? Try this: 1440 Healthstone -> Major Healing Potion -> Bandage -> 1320 Healthstone -> Major Healing Potion -> Bandage -> 1200 Healthstone -> Major Healing Potion -> Bandage.

If Ragnaros is still alive after all those cooldowns, we're fooked anyways.

It's good that Harne was running over to heal you, but in my honest opinion, those heals belonged to the main and off tank. Period. Everyone else is a very distant secondary concern when it comes to healing compared to those two individuals. If they properly take the abuse from Ragnaros, he will never look at anyone else who is doing 10-20 times the amount of damage that they deal to him over the course of the encounter.

Here's my opinion on Shaman and Ragnaros: Putting another Shaman who can be 250-260 FR Buffed with 3/8 Earthfury (extends beneficial totem range) out on the spit with the melee people so that Rogues and DPS warriors can wear less FR gear and more DPS gear far outweighs the benefit, in my opnion, of putting a Shaman in with a Warlock Group. I think it outweighs having a mana tide totem for the priests. It's not my call because it's not my raid, but it is my opinion. 5% is literally 3-4 more people alive when the sons have been killed off and he emerges.

My other opinion: Dampen Magic on ALL warriors and druids who are going to be tanking sons when they emerge. They will take a LOT less damage (1 damage per vs. a couple hundred), which gives the healers more time to regen during this period.

Do we have people who go out and fish up Nightfin, Greater Sagefish for regen (none of my toons are fishers, but I am working on getting Sab up)? Do we have people gathering materials for Major Mana Potions for the healers? Do we have people gathering materials for the Major Mana Oil (Regen X per Tick when applied to a weapon)? We just need a last little nudge to get us over the hump and it's done! =)

Do we have people who go out and fish up Nightfin, Greater Sagefish for regen (none of my toons are fishers, but I am working on getting Sab up)? Do we have people gathering materials for Major Mana Potions for the healers? Do we have people gathering materials for the Major Mana Oil (Regen X per Tick when applied to a weapon)? We just need a last little nudge to get us over the hump and it's done! =)

I don't know if we had Nightfin last week, but I know it's already been gathered for next week. I handed out 20 mana pots to our healers last week, and hope to do the same this week. What concerned me were consumables for melee DPS. I didn't see much in the way of Giant Strength, Firewater, or Mongoose on people last week.

Well, I was sporting Giant strangth and mongoose as well as my normal assortment of potions, but if you want me to make enough to share with the rest of the class, you have to tell me in advance.

I at the moment have some extra +15 FR ekos, +30 int ekos, and +30 str ekos that I can share before the fight (during the fight I may be a bit busy to reapply them)

If im there as harne, i would love a dampen magic. I snag'd 3-5 sons that were headed straight for the casters with my aoe taunt, and got em to the warrior grp just in time before i died that the warrior group was able to pick them up....if i would not have died, i coulda rez'd someone

other than that, keep up the good work!

I already have two stacks of nightfin soup and more on the way (with Kelani getting her quiver, I can finally leave AV and continue to work on fishing), so that'll be covered. Casters need more than 50 FR...sorry to correct that, but we're rarely within range of a shaman on that fight, so the totem is not an option. We're just too spread out for that.

I don't think we really did anything wrong, but rather just had some unlucky punting. I was absolutely hammering Rags with some really big crits (when I had mana...working on improving that for this week), as were others. Coulda, woulda, shoulda aside, at least a few of us are going to be punted no matter what (there's no way to guarantee a resist)...just need to make sure we can recover. A tip for the mages: keep a finger on blink and nail it the instant you get punted. It saved my butt last time :)

Only other thing that I can suggest is stock up on absolutely every consumable that buffs you and your damage...food, elixirs, flasks, etc. I was amazed at how much more damage I was able to dish out with a flask and oil alone...with a few more buffs and some more +mana/5 food, I should be able to pump out even more this Friday.

Oh, and on the dampen magic front...that lasts 10mins, so we can knock that out on many people pre-pull if it'll help. Bear in mind, though, that it does reduce healing...

I survived the first two punts... but um... the third one... he punted me FORWARD... and well... Rags apparently didnt like me Critting him =p

Which is very sad because I hadnt used my evoc yet.

Albeit... we have the sons down, now we just need the DPS =)

Get your Blasted Lands Buffs folks, the Extra int/spirit/agi/str whatever will help =)

gunna try to convince a Flask maker to a couple Scholo runs this week

=)

We got him guys, we SO got him

Casters need more than 50 FR...sorry to correct that, but we're rarely within range of a shaman on that fight, so the totem is not an option. We're just too spread out for that.

Do the math please. If you don't get a shaman, 50 (base FR) + 20 (GoTW) + 81 (LBRS) = 151 - which is what the ranged/casting group needs. Any more than that and you are gimping stats which gimps the raid. All this is categorized under the heading of "UNLESS MAUBE HAS SAID OTHERWISE".

Oh, and on the dampen magic front...that lasts 10mins, so we can knock that out on many people pre-pull if it'll help. Bear in mind, though, that it does reduce healing...

No, apply it when we converge. Don't put it on them before the fight with the intent of saving time, whatever. Put it on them when the sons are emerging and they can drop it when Rags re-emerges.

gunna try to convince a Flask maker to a couple Scholo runs this week

I think my hearth stone has been set to Scholomance. Who do I need to drag into Ras Frostwhisper's room with me? I dropped the Monday and Tuesday Raids, and I believe I have a Warrior and Priest on call for those days.

Do the math please. If you don't get a shaman, 50 (base FR) + 20 (GoTW) + 81 (LBRS) = 151 - which is what the ranged/casting group needs. Any more than that and you are gimping stats which gimps the raid. All this is categorized under the heading of "UNLESS MAUBE HAS SAID OTHERWISE".

I can exceed 150 without gimping stats (or the raid). And you're correct, I don't do math when I haven't slept :p

No, apply it when we converge. Don't put it on them before the fight with the intent of saving time, whatever. Put it on them when the sons are emerging and they can drop it when Rags re-emerges.

Find me 500 mana per cast and I'd be happy to do it, but until then, that amount of mana is worth about 2-4+k in damage and I just don't have it to spare, especially when I'm mana-burned. It's not time that I'm worried about, it's being tapped out and having to wand when Rags emerges. I'm still trying to figure out how to better time my gem use, so if I can work that out and have the mana, I'll give it a shot. I did manage to squeeze in a mana potion during the attempt, so perhaps I can find a way.

Waldy is pointing something very Critical Jero... if Mages have enough mana to Dampen magic all the tanks when the sons come out, then we havent been burning Rags down to our full potential. honestly I use my Evoc after the Sons have been contained because I am tapped dry, and my Evoc only gives me about 70% of my mana pool back.

Dampen is a VERY expensive spell, and honestly I would be more apt to toss it on the druid that just ran in and saved my ass then run around finding the tanks and getting manaburned all the while.

While a good thought, it isnt very practical.

Ok, I was under the impression that Dampen Cost 200 mana. Even if it is 500 Mana, saving 500 mana per mage to cast on one warrior that could potentially end up holding aggro in phase 3 (balls out DPS post-sons) makes more sense to me. Even if only 3 warriors get the Dampen compared to all 6, that is still a HUGE benefit. I'm looking at the other side of this discussion where I see a warrior getting beaten on by 2-4 Sons at a time taking 400-800 damage per hit vs 2-4 damage per hit and the ability of our healers to regen during this phase. To me, it makes sense to have the mages dry up when Phase 2 starts and have more melee DPS up when phase three starts. Mana can regen, but combat resses only go so far.

Just so people know where I come from on this or any issue that I discuss, please read this. Maube sets policy. I enact policy. This means that while I may have a differing opinion from her, I support her 100%. This is her baby, she brought it about, she virtually bled for it and she has every right to say what is gonna happen, period. Leaders lead. True leaders know how to follow too, and I am working on this. When my raid gets to this point (Ragnaros), I will try it out the I foresee it when the raid I am leading/developping there.

But...5%...daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Edited by Jeroabem/Sabrianica

Actually, I think that with the healing we had last night, Marrania could have been in Shadowform and Mindflaying the whole time.

:dancing_smile:

Was really good run last night though... a few crossed wires on Domo which I take the blame for partially, I messed up on some of the healing assignments, but otherwise all went well.

The FR buff helped a lot. I did not get sent flying once and with my FR potions I think I only took a few hundred damage outside of the Sons.

Unfortunatley i died liuke 45 seconds into the battle, rags hit someone close by with a fireball that sent mne airborn and while i was still there was hit by another and died before I landed. Which ment no 15% debuff for shadow damage for the rest of the fight. :*(

Just so people know where I come from on this or any issue that I discuss, please read this. Maube sets policy. I enact policy.

Sorry to disagree with ya, but no, you don't enact policy. We as a guild work together to achieve our goals and THAT'S how we'll get this done. Not by you enacting policy.

Just so people know where I come from on this or any issue that I discuss, please read this. Maube sets policy. I enact policy.

Sorry to disagree with ya, but no, you don't enact policy. We as a guild work together to achieve our goals and THAT'S how we'll get this done. Not by you enacting policy.

Sorry, Qiris, but you are wrong. We may corporately, as a guild, enact policy, but I enact the policy personally. She says "This is how we are gonna do it" and that is the way I do it. If each person doesn't accept personal responsibility for his/her own small contribution, the whole will be incomplete. That is where it starts.

For instance - Fire Resistance. The policy is "X" FR. What have "you" done to achieve it, enact the policy at a personal level, or are you waiting for the raid to "work together to achieve the FR goal"?

I can't control what you, or any other member of the raid does. I can only control and dictate my compliance with the policies. Maube sets the policies, I enact them. I take offense that you would imply anything else above or beyond that.

Jero, saying you enact policy implies that you make it your job to make sure all people effected by the policy follow it. Merely enacting it upon yourself is following policy.

::nods to Cwn:: and that is what *iris was stating =)

Verissi and myself are the ones that get people to follow it. You follow it without being harrassed like 90% of the raid. (aka 10% of the raid apparently dont pay attention or could care less as long as they get there phat lewts)

Only Verissi and I are the ones with the authority to beat the crap out of people who think they are above my rules and regs =)

V takes SSs of Fire Resist every week and if someone is severely lacking, I know about it. There are a few folks who feel they should wait for the raid to outfit them in FR, and I may just have to start seriously enforcing the FR on Fridays... aka - you will removed from the raid if we get to Rags and your FR is way under Par.

From Webster.com

enact

One entry found for enact.

Main Entry: en·act

Pronunciation: i-'nakt

Function: transitive verb

1 : to establish by legal and authoritative act; specifically : to make (as a bill) into law

2 : ACT OUT <enact a role>

- en·ac·tor /-'nak-t&r/ noun

Sooooooo - you do not Enact the policies =) You follow them, but I Enact them

((Yeah patch day makes me do some bizarre things ::twitch::dancing_smile:)

Edited by Maube