Majordomo Post Mortem

greenbull

http://wow.tentonhammer.com/index.php?modu...isplay&ceid=182

Some strats from ten ton hammer. Nice info is that stun works as well as sheep, so we may be able to take less guards on the same time.

This one uses a different approach that I don't know if we have the patience to do it :p

http://sawgrasstech.com/darthmyr/siw/artic...ead.asp?item=13

Involves stop damaging one of the elites when it hits 10% and god knows that stoping DPS is nearly impossible with out trigger happy squad :p

But it shows where mobs should be, and that was a little helpful to me ("Tank him in the middle", "What middle?", :D ).

The videos on the internet are messy. The better I found was one saying "how to play a rogue on the Majordomo encounter" and was about showing how many crits the guy did. Not helpful at all.

But I think that if we get yesterday's pace from wednesday we will end with plenty of time to try and try again on the friday run. We may spend sometime wiping but well, it's a hard fight and after Domo, Ragnaros! We're almost there. Must work on more FR.

BTW, it was a very good raid last night. Plenty of drops, penty of healing, plenty dps... it was very very nice to end the raid with only 1 death (not counting the majordomo wipes :) )).

Poor AL and Guilo... they died enough for all of us!

It was an AWESOME raid =) Domo will be ours as long as we have our heads on straight next week. being that was my first time seeing the encounter I admit I was confuzzled =) but now that I got the gist, we should be fine =)

Thanks for putting up with my confusion :p

Thanks for putting up with my confusion :p

Hell, if you can put up with my healing...

I did think of one thing to try to add just a little help...at least from my perspective. Before the fight, put the Priest(or whomever is the main healer) in position 1 in a group and the tank they are healing in slot 2(as determined by the raid heal leader) this way if the healers are monitoring all of the groups bars, they can watch the status of the healer(mana and health) as well as the associated tank and pick up shifts can come that much faster. Now, I do not use CTraid (it kills my comp) so I just go with 8 sets of health bars on my screen from the raid window, so I don't know if everyone else would benefit from this, but I know for me it would make things a lot easier. Just a thought.

Alright, one point of clarification for the post Domo moment please. PLEASE tell me that even if it is midnight when we down Domo we WILL go see Rags and maybe give him a shot. :D I remember watching Xaos run MC one night and his group took down Domo and then everyone was like, "well we better call it, its getting late," !!!!!! What??!?!?!?! Im all for picking up the pace on both nights so long as we keep our focus, and I can stay upright :) , but when we make Domo succumb to our will I will have to cry myself to sleep if we then dont at least go and see the big meanie known as Rags. I know that midnight is late for a lot of you east coasters and midwesterners but believe me I get some hefty GF aggro for being on a game till 9 or 10 on a Friday night, if I can cast a RL fade, y'all can do without a little sleep right?

Lets make a deal, I'll give up my lovin if you give up some sleep one night. Pretty please?

Crushers FTW! :p

I'm all up for going beyond midnight on Friday's. I may be a zombie, but by god I want to see Ragnaros down! He has something I REALLY want right now :)

:p

no worries, the nocturnal harne/haq be there help this friday!

yay :angry:

Edited by Houli

Alright, one point of clarification for the post Domo moment please. PLEASE tell me that even if it is midnight when we down Domo we WILL go see Rags and maybe give him a shot. :silly: I remember watching Xaos run MC one night and his group took down Domo and then everyone was like, "well we better call it, its getting late," !!!!!! What??!?!?!?! Im all for picking up the pace on both nights so long as we keep our focus, and I can stay upright :smash: , but when we make Domo succumb to our will I will have to cry myself to sleep if we then dont at least go and see the big meanie known as Rags. I know that midnight is late for a lot of you east coasters and midwesterners but believe me I get some hefty GF aggro for being on a game till 9 or 10 on a Friday night, if I can cast a RL fade, y'all can do without a little sleep right?

Lets make a deal, I'll give up my lovin if you give up some sleep one night. Pretty please?

Crushers FTW! :alcoholic:

The problem is that we're going to have a fair number of trash mobs between us and Rags at that point. It's not just a few minutes running and a quick wipe at Rags, we'd have to fight to reach him. I know how tempting it is, and I can understand asking a "no pressure" question to see if everyone wants to try anyway, but a bunch of the people on the raid really do need to sleep. I know Marriana, who sometimes has work on raid nights, has been late more than once because she wanted to stay just 'til our normal cut-off.

I don't know if ya'll have seen this here, but here is a Majordomo strategy video clip.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7...764&q=majordomo

I'm just tring to help out alittle.

That's a nice one. They pull from a completely different place (The MT). And we must think in an alternative for a Shielded Paladin :p

Domo is not that hard of a fight...Make sure you have at least 4 mages and the rest is easy.

1) MT attacks Domo

2) 4 OTs attack the guards

3)mages sheep the healers

4)kill the guards

5)healers all pop and the OTs get on the healers

6)burn down the healers

7)Domo crys and gives up his loot

just dont stand in the middle of his room and your set. GL with his wimpy self :)

Nope you sheep all the healers then kill all the guards. Then all the healers sheep will pop, move them away from each other and burn the down one by one.

We tried the way you were doing it and it didnt work for us. After we switch to this strat we killed him first shot.

Ahhh Uncle Meiff.

Thanks for the info.

We tried your way last night, came close but had a few snafoos.

Only gave it one attempt though. Damn you Domo! Next week it is then!