Server Transfers

Maube

New Realm and Character Transfer - Eyonix on 1/30/06

On Wednesday, February 1 at 3:00 AM PST, we will be opening a new PvE realm: Eitrigg. Players with characters on the realms listed below will be able to transfer their characters to this new realm. The transfers will be available until 3:00 PM PST, Wednesday February 8. During this time, standard character creation will not be possible.

Argent Dawn

Bloodhoof

Khadgar

Zul'jin

Character transfers are available Monday thru Friday from 3:00 AM to 3:00 PM PST. If you're interested in transferring your characters from the realms listed above to the new PvE realm, please click here.

For me it would depend on many factors. First and foremost, I would only want to go if we decide as a guild to move together. Next, I would hate to leave the friends and connections Ive made this past year and would only want to transfer if many of them would be also. Finally, I would want to know more about the community in general of the realms we are going to be pigeon-holed with.

I would transfer hoping the grass would be greener. We all know that may not be the case. Then again, we may be freed from the many issues on AD and find a much better community to game with.

So I guess a vote would be a way to test everyones feeling. Then again, we rarely get more than the same handful of guildmates to visit the forum. Time is a factor too. Maybe we should have a meeting this week.

In my experience (pre-WoW), server transfers usually appeared to be a good solution, but rarely worked out well for most that took advantage of them (or paid to do it)....mostly because of the motives of the players that do transfer. Present company excluded (of course), most of the folks that I've come in contact with on AD that are likely to transfer seem to not be the types of people that want a fresh experience. They're mostly either trying to escape queues or want a new realm to "pwn". I can definitely understand the former reasoning, but if enough transfer, the queues will follow shortly thereafter. The latter...well, I think our orc smiley here says it best: >:0

Personally, I agree with what's been said so far about going together and would be interested in checking out the community on the "new" server prior to moving. I'm not the biggest RPer and tend to be pretty quiet normally (Wald's got a steel jaw for a reason...hehehe), but I do enjoy being around good RP communities...wish AD saw more of it, actually. I'd hate to move somewhere with even less RP than we see currently or one with less Horde pride.

The server they are allowing the transfer too is a PvE, not an RP server, so we'd have to deal with a lot of really crappy names and crap.

My vote is to stay right where we are at the moment. >:0

Through much deliberation I have made the decision to consider the possibility of transfering. I am not a huge part of this guild, and have not been for a few months now. I see no benefit for the guild on me staying, or vice versa.

I do seriously consider most of you in Clan Skullcrusher my friends. However, I feel as if my presence is not entirely needed, nor beneficial towards this great clan. My decision is pending, and regardless of my findings, let it be known that Clan Skullcrusher is where my heart will always remain. I respect and honestly care for all of you.

Well, I disagree Xaos - I think you are a bigger part of this guild than you give yourself credit for, and I hope you decide to stay. It's great seing you every Friday night in MC, and in the evenings when you are on. I've enjoyed beeing in the battle grounds with you when I've had the chance, and would go to any instance or help you in any way I can.